Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread 13:39 - May 18 with 11630 viewsTheKirkyLife

Of course it may not be Potter but the social media reaction suggests that he's the guy most fans want. Current odds below - feel free to discuss, debate and argue as Planet Swans posters do.

*Odds updated 20th May, for Midday

Jaap Stam 2/1
Chris Coleman 2/1
Graham Potter 3/1
Cameron Toshack 6/1
Michael Laudrup 7/1
Chris Wilder 9/1
Frank De Boer 10/1
Lee Johnson 12/1
Leon Britton 14/1

[Post edited 20 May 2018 11:59]
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 13:45 - May 18 with 7270 viewsTaliesin

It'll be Angel with Cameron Toshack as no 2
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 13:47 - May 18 with 7248 viewsSwan91

The real question is.... do most fans actually know anything about him? I literally have no clue except that he has done well against some big teams.. thats it.. I don't know the style of football he plays (is it like the old swansea way), will he also be able to manage at championship level (pretty sure it will be more difficult than his current league).

if anyone can bring me up to speed on his style of football etc then that will be useful.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 13:51 - May 18 with 7198 viewsAce_Jack

Cameron Toshack. The cheapest option will do nicely as always eh Huw?
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 13:53 - May 18 with 7176 viewsairedale

It will be a big jump up for him in terms of the player profile. He may never have seen a hissy fit before.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 13:59 - May 18 with 7085 viewsGlyn1

Here's an assessment of 10 possible managers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44169722

and I've created a poll based on it.

I'm another who has no idea of his style of play.

Personally I'd go for Brentford manager Dean Smith. In his 40s, an experienced manager getting Brentford to punch above their weight with limited resources who play an attractive passing game. Go get him Huw@

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:13 - May 18 with 6971 viewsLeonWasGod

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 13:47 - May 18 by Swan91

The real question is.... do most fans actually know anything about him? I literally have no clue except that he has done well against some big teams.. thats it.. I don't know the style of football he plays (is it like the old swansea way), will he also be able to manage at championship level (pretty sure it will be more difficult than his current league).

if anyone can bring me up to speed on his style of football etc then that will be useful.

If people are being truthful, then no, most people know nothing about him. Somebody wrote a piece about him in a newspaper and he's become a bit of a cult hero as a result. So now his name gets thrown around in connection with most Championship and lower jobs.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:45 - May 18 with 6831 viewsTheKirkyLife

Found this. Clearly not a full picture of the season - hence HIGHLIGHTS - but I don't think they play hoofball whatsoever. Looks like they enjoy punishing teams with hard work, enjoy link up play and utilise wingers.

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:58 - May 18 with 6760 viewsmonmouth

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:45 - May 18 by TheKirkyLife

Found this. Clearly not a full picture of the season - hence HIGHLIGHTS - but I don't think they play hoofball whatsoever. Looks like they enjoy punishing teams with hard work, enjoy link up play and utilise wingers.

That’s us f*cked then. We don’t work hard and we have no wingers worth a toss.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 15:01 - May 18 with 6741 viewsLeonWasGod

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:58 - May 18 by monmouth

That’s us f*cked then. We don’t work hard and we have no wingers worth a toss.

We've got our flying wingbacks
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 15:46 - May 18 with 6580 viewsTecmo

Decent review of his tactics, sounds good to me.

https://chanceanalytics.com/2017/11/04/a-look-at-graham-potter-and-his-exciting-
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:14 - May 18 with 6485 viewsTheKirkyLife

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 15:46 - May 18 by Tecmo

Decent review of his tactics, sounds good to me.

https://chanceanalytics.com/2017/11/04/a-look-at-graham-potter-and-his-exciting-

That's really promising and links up with my initial thoughts. Is the Championship that big a step up for a manager who has taken underdogs into the Europa League and humiliated the likes of Arsenal?

Sign him up, I like the cut of his gib.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:25 - May 18 with 6429 viewsLegend83

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:14 - May 18 by TheKirkyLife

That's really promising and links up with my initial thoughts. Is the Championship that big a step up for a manager who has taken underdogs into the Europa League and humiliated the likes of Arsenal?

Sign him up, I like the cut of his gib.

Agreed on the face of it it sounds promising, however I guess we need to look at the positives in the context of a fairly weak league and some of the defending in those clips is bordering on comical.

Will his players get that amount of time and space in the Championship?
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:39 - May 18 with 6341 viewssainthelens

As a lot of us maybe looking for consolidation next season, perhaps Mick McCarthy to at least steady the ship. If we looking to bounce straight back, then for me it'll be an upcoming manager i.e Potter or Warburton. They would be a gamble, bit not as big as the punt on Cameron Toshack/Britton combo. That has disaster all over it.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:42 - May 18 with 6326 viewsTecmo

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:25 - May 18 by Legend83

Agreed on the face of it it sounds promising, however I guess we need to look at the positives in the context of a fairly weak league and some of the defending in those clips is bordering on comical.

Will his players get that amount of time and space in the Championship?

The clips are mostly from Europa League rather than Sweden. First two were against Galatasaray.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:58 - May 18 with 6252 viewsHeadmaster

I remain unconvinced on Potter. But we aren't in a position to be picky. Frank De Boer is the latest name on the list.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 17:06 - May 18 with 6199 viewsEbo

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:39 - May 18 by sainthelens

As a lot of us maybe looking for consolidation next season, perhaps Mick McCarthy to at least steady the ship. If we looking to bounce straight back, then for me it'll be an upcoming manager i.e Potter or Warburton. They would be a gamble, bit not as big as the punt on Cameron Toshack/Britton combo. That has disaster all over it.

Dear god no, not Mcarthy

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 17:11 - May 18 with 6177 viewsraynor94

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 17:06 - May 18 by Ebo

Dear god no, not Mcarthy

Or, God forbid, Warburton!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 17:16 - May 18 with 6143 viewscentrestandswan

Please add forename , is it Dennis, Harry or Beatrix I'm confused.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 17:21 - May 18 with 6116 viewsSoberBaker

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:58 - May 18 by Headmaster

I remain unconvinced on Potter. But we aren't in a position to be picky. Frank De Boer is the latest name on the list.

Same here. His surname is nowhere near sexy enough for me.

AMOW

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 21:42 - May 18 with 5786 viewsTheKirkyLife

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:58 - May 18 by Headmaster

De Boer is an interesting one isn't it?

His track record at Ajax says absolutely.

His track record after Ajax says not in a million years.

Like you say though, we are not in a position to be picky and the fact we're being linked with a previous Ajax manager, one of the hottest managerial talents working his way up and one of our ex-heroes in Laudrup is much better than it could have been.

Watch as we end up with Moyes
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 22:31 - May 18 with 5657 viewspencoedjack

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 16:39 - May 18 by sainthelens

SH after congratulating the Basseys that is your worst ever post

Mick fuking McCarthy .... are you p issed ?
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 22:39 - May 18 with 5610 viewsomarjack

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 22:31 - May 18 by pencoedjack

lol Graham Potter is literally linked with every f*cking club that sacks their manager..And the only reason anybody even heard of him because he's English and had a nice success story in some foreign small time league. If he was Swedish,nobody would have given a toss about him.

Still,he might actually be good.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 23:33 - May 18 with 5485 viewslibertyx

There was a documentary on him and the team when they were going to play Arsenal.
If he does become manager our players wont know whats hit them. Its a different world to what is expected of players in British league, they actually entertain the community. The players performed and sang in a choir and staged plays which they all took part in front of the community.
It was very interesting but he would certainly find it very strange how our players live their luxurious lives.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 00:04 - May 19 with 5376 viewsTheKirkyLife

Odds updated 19th May, Midnight
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 00:09 - May 19 with 5364 viewssainthelens

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 22:31 - May 18 by pencoedjack

Was just thinking he'd steady the ship that's all. Did ok at Ipswich with no money, and did get Wolves promoted don't forget. I didn't congratulate the Bassies, if you can find my post where I did?
Go easy on me PJ...I'm still grieving..and not functioning properly!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024