Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread 13:39 - May 18 with 11559 viewsTheKirkyLife

Of course it may not be Potter but the social media reaction suggests that he's the guy most fans want. Current odds below - feel free to discuss, debate and argue as Planet Swans posters do.

*Odds updated 20th May, for Midday

Jaap Stam 2/1
Chris Coleman 2/1
Graham Potter 3/1
Cameron Toshack 6/1
Michael Laudrup 7/1
Chris Wilder 9/1
Frank De Boer 10/1
Lee Johnson 12/1
Leon Britton 14/1

[Post edited 20 May 2018 11:59]
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 05:50 - May 19 with 3208 viewsmajorraglan

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 22:31 - May 18 by pencoedjack

SH after congratulating the Basseys that is your worst ever post

Mick fuking McCarthy .... are you p issed ?

McCarthy doesn’t play the type of football Swans fans would want to see, but I don’t think the owners would care much about that. Given the amount of money at stake, they will employ whoever they feel can get Swansea back in to the PL.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 06:01 - May 19 with 3197 viewsSTID2017

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 05:50 - May 19 by majorraglan

McCarthy doesn’t play the type of football Swans fans would want to see, but I don’t think the owners would care much about that. Given the amount of money at stake, they will employ whoever they feel can get Swansea back in to the PL.

I said that IMHO the club would appoint a manager who either gets us promoted, stabilises us or at the very least avoids a second relegation.
I also suggested someone in the McCarthy mode would be a good fit to achieve that.
Playing pretty football won't be the priority for the club - they need results.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 07:41 - May 19 with 3152 viewsSTID2017

Western fail reports Coleman distanced himself.
At least that's some good news.
Meanwhile Bobbly and Clement are being considered for a return

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 07:44 - May 19 with 3144 viewsSwansea93

Potter being linked with Stoke, he used to play for them.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 08:43 - May 19 with 3111 viewsGlyn1

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 07:44 - May 19 by Swansea93

There are a lot of doubts about him on the Stoke fans forum.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/279209/graham-potter
[Post edited 19 May 2018 8:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:32 - May 19 with 3047 viewsWhiterockin

Just take a look at the current Swedish league table.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/swedish-allsvenskan/table
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:37 - May 19 with 3035 viewsWarwickHunt

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 07:44 - May 19 by Swansea93

Potter’s Potters.

Potter’s Potters go potty in The Potteries.

This could be fun.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:37 - May 19 with 3035 viewsSwansea93

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:32 - May 19 by Whiterockin

Just take a look at the current Swedish league table.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/swedish-allsvenskan/table

They've finished 8th & 5th previous seasons, plus they are only 8 games in this season and it doesn't take away the huge rise they've had with him in charge. I'll be honest I don't know much about him apart from reading up on him, but I'm 50/50 on him coming here.

Login to get fewer ads

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:41 - May 19 with 3023 viewsjackjackjackjack

"I can honestly see a situation where he could come in and be stuck in the bottom half in November time and have people groaning in the stands, totally."

Stoke the same as Swansea, shocker...

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:43 - May 19 with 3014 viewsWhiterockin

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:37 - May 19 by Swansea93

They've finished 8th & 5th previous seasons, plus they are only 8 games in this season and it doesn't take away the huge rise they've had with him in charge. I'll be honest I don't know much about him apart from reading up on him, but I'm 50/50 on him coming here.

I know nothing about him either just that he has been built up by the press, is he all hype. But the thing that concerns me is the 8 goals scored in 8 games (I know its a better ratio than we had last season) but is that really the Swansea way, if that's what we want to go for.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:49 - May 19 with 2991 viewsSwansea93

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:56 - May 19 with 2974 viewsWhiterockin

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:49 - May 19 by Swansea93

I want a manager to get a team performing on the pitch, I don't give a dam if they put on a Christmas concert to entertain the supporters. But that could just be me.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 11:48 - May 19 with 2881 viewsTheKirkyLife

Updated for 19th May, Midday.

Coleman moves back to fav, Stam enters serious odds at 7/2.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 11:59 - May 19 with 2849 viewsTecmo

They also lost a lot of players this winter from what I've heard.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 12:09 - May 19 with 2819 viewsLoyal

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 09:56 - May 19 by Whiterockin

I want a manager to get a team performing on the pitch, I don't give a dam if they put on a Christmas concert to entertain the supporters. But that could just be me.

The theory he is introducing is mixing feelings with situations, experiencing emotions in uncomfortable conditions. Then getting that emotion working when players do things out of context on the pitch. Transferred learning from -

Affective learning through feelings as opposed to remembering cognitively.

It works.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 12:35 - May 19 with 2764 viewsWarwickHunt

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 11:48 - May 19 by TheKirkyLife

Updated for 19th May, Midday.

Coleman moves back to fav, Stam enters serious odds at 7/2.

Means fûck all.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 12:40 - May 19 with 2741 viewsBytholWyn

It would be a risk appointing Potter for sure - but the right sort of risk that got us to the Premier League in the first place.

It's so easy to forget (and there's lots of Swansea fans with very short memories) just how revolutionary we were under Martinez and Rodgers. It was universal wisdom at the time that you needed physically strong and mobile teams to get to the Premier League. Yet we had the audacity to adopt the Barcelona approach on a shoestring budget. In many ways us getting to the Premier League and managing a 11th place finish in our first season there with Danny Graham as our only "expensive" signing at £3.5 million was every bit as impressive as Barcelona's achievements. Not in absolute terms obviously - but I'd love to have seen Guardiola take Barcelona into the Champions League with the likes of Mark Gower and Garry Monk.

I don't know exactly what style of play Potter adopts - although he himself says it's possession based and attacking. Sounds proactive rather than the bog standard reactive rubbish you get in the lower reaches of the Premier League, which we are only too familiar with.

I like the fact that he was dissatisfied with the formulaic Football League experience and went away and got himself educated - and has applied what he's learnt with spectacular success.

Is the jump from Swedish football to the Championship too great? Probably not. I can't think of many Championship teams I'd back to beat PAOK and Galatasaray over two legs, finishing level on points with Athletico Bilbao in their Europa League group, ahead of Hertha Berlin and a Romania side, and then getting a famous win at the Emirates - out-passing them in the process. In fact, there's not many Premier League sides I'd back to achieve what Ostersunds managed just a few months ago.

Appointing Potter would be a gamble - but is absolutely the right sort of gamble.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 12:54 - May 19 with 2709 viewsHeadmaster

Regarding Potter, people - myself included - thought Paul Clement was the right man for us long-term. He was hailed as a typical Swansea appointment at the time. We all thought he'd bring back our old style of play and look how that turned out. He was the complete opposite.

The reality can be quite different to what people may expect.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:05 - May 19 with 2616 viewsjasper_T

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 12:54 - May 19 by Headmaster

Regarding Potter, people - myself included - thought Paul Clement was the right man for us long-term. He was hailed as a typical Swansea appointment at the time. We all thought he'd bring back our old style of play and look how that turned out. He was the complete opposite.

The reality can be quite different to what people may expect.

Derby fans didn't think he'd bring back our old style. He came here with a reputation for cautious football and zero recruitment nous.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 14:24 - May 19 with 2582 viewssomersetsimon

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 00:09 - May 19 by sainthelens

Was just thinking he'd steady the ship that's all. Did ok at Ipswich with no money, and did get Wolves promoted don't forget. I didn't congratulate the Bassies, if you can find my post where I did?
Go easy on me PJ...I'm still grieving..and not functioning properly!!

If 'steadying the ship' means buying in his usual players and playing his usual football, then we'll be no better off after he's gone. It's a bit of a risk, but we need to decide exactly what sort of team we want to be, recruit a manager who can play like that, let him pick the right players and then give him a chance.
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 18:28 - May 19 with 2397 viewsexiledclaseboy

“Graham, did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire?”

Poll: Tory leader

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 19:07 - May 19 with 2319 viewsGroo

Signing the perfect manager would be no good if we don't invest, Clement may have been the perfect manager if we hadn't sold the best players from the previous year and replaced with inadequate players, same for previous managers.

Groo does what Groo does best

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 19:12 - May 19 with 2300 viewsbarry_island

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 18:28 - May 19 by exiledclaseboy

“Graham, did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire?”

Harry, ably assisted by Ron and Hermione (in the interests of diversity), would struggle with our recruitment.

"Hagrid do you know the way to Falkirk or Middlesborough?"
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:16]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 00:32 - May 20 with 2079 viewsa_Swanderful_life

not coleman - he only seems to have one plan - it worked for wales because we had a limited pool to work from, but you cant give 46 inspired speeches next season.
potter - did well but he was in an inferior league - the fact they beat arsenal shouldn't count for anything.
leon - its not the right time to be manager but we need him in the setup as do Curtis, they tell it is as it is which is why our managers try to sideline them

lee Johnson - seems to be doing ok at Bristol city, they keep falling away so if we are going to invest some of the mawson money maybe hes a good bet
laudrup would be good now that all the guys who stabbed him in the back have moved on, so if pinochio has learnt from past hes another asset

lets just hope they don't take to long deciding - last year we messed up transfers in both windows - the clock is ticking now

and be thankful we don't have arteta - that has disaster written all over it
Announce Potter: The Next Manager Thread on 00:59 - May 20 with 2045 viewsomarjack

Anyway,from the list..I'd only take Laudrup,Potter,maybe Johnson..and I'd have included De Boer but he's done such sh!t job at Inter Milan and Crystal Palace there is no way we should take him now.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024