Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another shooting at USA school 17:08 - May 18 with 4935 viewscentrestandswan

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/us/school-shooting-santa-fe-texas.html

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Another shooting at USA school on 10:18 - May 19 with 1501 viewspeenemunde

Another shooting at USA school on 10:14 - May 19 by moonie

How much do you know pee.

Enough. Enough to know that Americans aren’t going to surrender their guns....not today.....not tomorrow.....not ever.
Another shooting at USA school on 11:15 - May 19 with 1481 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Another shooting at USA school on 10:10 - May 19 by AnotherJohn

The depressing thing is that there are so many scenarios that no single solution is going to work. This time it was a shotgun and a revolver legally owned by the father rather than an AR15 bought by a disturbed young man. There is no way that there will ever be a ban on shotgun ownership in the USA, and so better mental health checks, tighter licensing requirements, no larger calibre semi-automatics, no large capacity magazines and so on probably wouldn't have made a difference in this case. One aspect of the problem is a emergence of a culture where disaffected young people believe mass shootings are a way of showing their disaffection.

You forgot to mention the "pipe bombs".
Another shooting at USA school on 12:12 - May 19 with 1468 viewsGowerjack

Another shooting at USA school on 09:54 - May 19 by peenemunde

Get a grip ffs. I was in America biggest city not long ago and felt more safe than walking around London.

Fûck off you stupid cûnt.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Another shooting at USA school on 12:14 - May 19 with 1464 viewspeenemunde

Another shooting at USA school on 12:12 - May 19 by Gowerjack

That’s your mentality......as thick as dog 🐕 shite.
Another shooting at USA school on 05:15 - May 21 with 1325 viewsBobby_Fischer

Another shooting at USA school on 12:12 - May 19 by Gowerjack

I concur.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Another shooting at USA school on 06:28 - May 21 with 1319 viewsnierika

Another shooting at USA school on 09:54 - May 19 by peenemunde

Get a grip ffs. I was in America biggest city not long ago and felt more safe than walking around London.

Were you in New York City? Probably because they have really strict gun laws. They work there but they dont work in Chicago.

I have lived in a metro area of almost a million people for almost 40 years (with a good number of gun owners) and dont think I have even heard a gun being fired. I have no interest in ever owning one.

I dont understand the obsession with the 2nd amendment here. People act like this right was written on a stone tablet by a diety. The founders of this country lived in a completely different time and had no idea what society would be like 250 years in the future or how technology would advance weaponry. People are also paranoid about the government and embrace conspiracies. They will come up with every excuse under the sun to blame except for the guns. Something is going to have to be done because it doesnt matter how much mental health treatment you provide, there are people who will snap or have serious problems for which they will not seek help.

Of the hundreds of millions of guns in the U.S., 3% of the population owns HALF of them.
Another shooting at USA school on 06:43 - May 21 with 1311 viewsAnotherJohn

Another shooting at USA school on 06:28 - May 21 by nierika

Were you in New York City? Probably because they have really strict gun laws. They work there but they dont work in Chicago.

I have lived in a metro area of almost a million people for almost 40 years (with a good number of gun owners) and dont think I have even heard a gun being fired. I have no interest in ever owning one.

I dont understand the obsession with the 2nd amendment here. People act like this right was written on a stone tablet by a diety. The founders of this country lived in a completely different time and had no idea what society would be like 250 years in the future or how technology would advance weaponry. People are also paranoid about the government and embrace conspiracies. They will come up with every excuse under the sun to blame except for the guns. Something is going to have to be done because it doesnt matter how much mental health treatment you provide, there are people who will snap or have serious problems for which they will not seek help.

Of the hundreds of millions of guns in the U.S., 3% of the population owns HALF of them.

Yes, that last statistic is a surprising one. It is still true though that almost a third of US adults own a gun.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/
Another shooting at USA school on 07:04 - May 21 with 1304 viewspeenemunde

Another shooting at USA school on 06:28 - May 21 by nierika

The only problem with that stat that 3% own 50% of the guns, is that still leaves the 97% with around 175,000,000 guns.

I respect what you say though, because you live over there, but the problem is as i see it, is there are millions of Americans who won’t give up their guns, no matter what.

I was in NYC, and what a fine city that is, and felt very safe, didn’t see any trouble at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Another shooting at USA school on 09:33 - May 21 with 1285 viewsLeonWasGod

Another shooting at USA school on 23:07 - May 18 by Darran

No it’s not it’s a great country with some sick people in it.

Thinking that gun deaths are are cause by just a few sick people trivialises a fundamental national problem. And it's not a minority, far from it; the nation is conditioned to accept the risk of gun deaths as an inevitable part of life. It's not just the occasional nutcase; there's a lot of deaths beyond what gets reported over here. Plenty of murders by relatively 'normal' people in domestics domestics, etc. Even toddlers shoot more people than terrorists.

Still a wonderful country and a lot of wonderful people in it, but they've got a fundamental problem here that's pretty much unsolvable as it's so embedded and politicised (Second Amendment and all that).
Another shooting at USA school on 11:43 - May 21 with 1270 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Imagine sending your kids to school today and not sure if they will come home .

The mighty US need to get their house in order and keep their nose out of everyone’s else business.

Absolute basket case of a western country

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Another shooting at USA school on 11:51 - May 21 with 1268 viewsomarjack

Another shooting at USA school on 11:43 - May 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Imagine sending your kids to school today and not sure if they will come home .

The mighty US need to get their house in order and keep their nose out of everyone’s else business.

Absolute basket case of a western country

A country that averages a school shooting per week could only be called a 3rd world country.

I come from one of those countries and there is no shame in it..but some Americans should stop acting all superior and like they hold the key to fix everybody else's problems,while they're just like any other country,while having a real nutjob in office that is as disgraceful and comic as the likes of the ruling family in North Korea,or what Gheddafi was to Libya.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Another shooting at USA school on 17:28 - May 21 with 1200 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Another shooting at USA school on 11:51 - May 21 by omarjack

A country that averages a school shooting per week could only be called a 3rd world country.

I come from one of those countries and there is no shame in it..but some Americans should stop acting all superior and like they hold the key to fix everybody else's problems,while they're just like any other country,while having a real nutjob in office that is as disgraceful and comic as the likes of the ruling family in North Korea,or what Gheddafi was to Libya.

This would be a 10 pager if it was a Muslim shouting god is great

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Another shooting at USA school on 17:30 - May 21 with 1197 viewsBobby_Fischer

Another shooting at USA school on 17:28 - May 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Pikeypaul all over it.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Another shooting at USA school on 17:58 - May 21 with 1187 viewsHighjack

Another shooting at USA school on 17:28 - May 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

Both are equally condemnable and unfortunately both are prevalent in the modern world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024