Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing 18:17 - May 18 with 6586 viewslondontaffia

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/boxing/leeds-united-cardiff-city-selby-14674

C’mon the Welshman!

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Boxing on 11:34 - May 20 with 1652 viewsmax936

Boxing on 22:59 - May 19 by Rancid

Warrington stepped up so hats off.Never a split decision though I thought Warrington won it by 4 rounds.Selby needs to get out of the featherweights and step up a division.The weight is killing him.

The cut eye seriously hampered Selby's game plan, but Warrington was more aggressive and very determined and like you say was never a split decision fight.

Selby should asked/demand a re-match though because of the cuts if nothing else.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Boxing on 11:49 - May 20 with 1641 viewstheloneranger

Boxing on 11:34 - May 20 by max936

The cut eye seriously hampered Selby's game plan, but Warrington was more aggressive and very determined and like you say was never a split decision fight.

Selby should asked/demand a re-match though because of the cuts if nothing else.

Max, I don't think Selby can do that because it was a mandatory title fight against Warrington.

Different rules apply, worst luck.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Boxing on 12:01 - May 20 with 1619 viewsRancid

Boxing on 11:34 - May 20 by max936

What i dont understand is why Selby continues to fight in challengers backyards.He's the champion yet he has to fight at places like Elland Rd and everywhere else bar Cardiff.

I dont think he has much of a fanbase in Wales and Warren knows this and is prepared to put Selbys career on the line and make things even more difficult for him.It was money talking last night I know but he needs to start again at a different weight and promoter.
Boxing on 12:08 - May 20 with 1606 viewstheloneranger

Boxing on 12:01 - May 20 by Rancid

What i dont understand is why Selby continues to fight in challengers backyards.He's the champion yet he has to fight at places like Elland Rd and everywhere else bar Cardiff.

I dont think he has much of a fanbase in Wales and Warren knows this and is prepared to put Selbys career on the line and make things even more difficult for him.It was money talking last night I know but he needs to start again at a different weight and promoter.

I think Warren's Shot as a promoter.!!
[Post edited 20 May 2018 12:13]

Boxing on 12:12 - May 20 with 1597 viewsRancid

Boxing on 12:08 - May 20 by theloneranger

I think Warren's Shot as a promoter.!!
[Post edited 20 May 2018 12:13]

His son Francis Warren looks the apparent heir to the throne.He's no Eddie Hearn though 😁
Boxing on 12:19 - May 20 with 1585 viewsmax936

Boxing on 12:12 - May 20 by Rancid

His son Francis Warren looks the apparent heir to the throne.He's no Eddie Hearn though 😁

I can't stand Eddie Hearn and I get more than a feeling I'm not alone.

I like Selby's style I hope he can put this set back behind him and move forward again, I think last nights fight was coming, as he seemed to be coasting most fights.

Boxing on 12:26 - May 20 with 1569 viewsRancid

Boxing on 12:19 - May 20 by max936

I can't stand Eddie Hearn and I get more than a feeling I'm not alone.

I like Selby's style I hope he can put this set back behind him and move forward again, I think last nights fight was coming, as he seemed to be coasting most fights.

I love Eddie Hearn 😁 He's a smug t××t I know but he does back it up and this new deal he's struck is a real game changer for him.
Boxing on 12:49 - May 20 with 1544 viewsNeath_Jack

Was this chap on the same bill?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Boxing on 12:59 - May 20 with 1531 viewsmax936

Boxing on 12:49 - May 20 by Neath_Jack

Fuking hell, some fighter need to be saved from themselves, most are far to brave. gonna take some time to recover from that beating.

Boxing on 13:02 - May 20 with 1527 viewsNeath_Jack

Boxing on 12:59 - May 20 by max936

Fuking hell, some fighter need to be saved from themselves, most are far to brave. gonna take some time to recover from that beating.

It's going to sting a bit when he get's mint sauce in it this afternoon

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Boxing on 13:14 - May 20 with 1520 viewstheloneranger

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/6331725/mason-cartwright-torn-lip-wbo-euro

Boxing on 13:19 - May 20 with 1511 viewsRancid

He was yeah and was winning before his lip fell off and the ref stopped it.The commentators were encouraging us to look away it was so bad.The other fella Tetley didnt have a scratch on him either bizarrely.
Boxing on 18:19 - May 20 with 1434 viewsperplex

In all honestly Selby has never fought a genuine top 5 fighter he holds a version of one of the many world titles being given out in todays climate, being a world champion does not mean in a lot as in some cases as the champion is not even one of the top 5 fighters at his weight class, I`d put Selby in that category, he`s fought against the likes of Smith, Gradovich Ramiirez all ok fighters no doubt but not top level world class fighters, I doubt very much Selby would come out on top against the likes of Santa Cruz, Russell Jr or even Frampton.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 18:25]
Boxing on 17:52 - May 21 with 1306 viewstheloneranger

Great interview with Lee Selby on Radio Wales.

He admitted Saturday's fight was one fight too many at featherweight and is going to go up a weight.

Amazingly he admitted his normal walking around weight is 11 1/2 stone, and Christmas time he was 12 stone!!

Boxing on 18:27 - May 21 with 1289 viewsbiggar

Bottom line is that Selby is simply not elite level. He’s also been on the slide for a while, possibly due weight issues.

He’s had to fight away from home due to the fact that he’s not a big ticket seller. Gutted he lost the other night, mind you, and hopefully he can do something at 130.
Boxing on 18:27 - May 21 with 1289 viewsmax936

Boxing on 17:52 - May 21 by theloneranger

He admitted Saturday's fight was one fight too many at featherweight and is going to go up a weight.

Amazingly he admitted his normal walking around weight is 11 1/2 stone, and Christmas time he was 12 stone!!

I'd love to be 14 stone never mind 12

Boxing on 18:48 - May 21 with 1274 viewsperplex

Boxing on 17:52 - May 21 by theloneranger

Then champions like Gervanta Davies, and Lomachenko await him, good luck to him he`ll certainly need it as I doubt he would last 5 rounds against those guys.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024