Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers 16:50 - May 19 with 7927 viewsSwanjaxs

On achieving an historic "Double Treble" with Glasgow Celtic. What this man has achieved in management is truly incredible, taking us to the promised land, took Liverpool closer than they have ever come to winning the Premier league (thanks slippy G) and now this 👏 it's pretty much common knowledge he was ready to come back to us but Huw decided to stick with Guido, if only aye.... Take a bow Brendan Rodgers 🍀💚

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 23:54 - May 19 with 1542 viewsSwanjaxs

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 23:01 - May 19 by Rancid

We know its a shit league but its about Brendan.

Exactly, Brendan Rodgers has been phenomenal as a manager with Swansea Liverpool and now Celtic, sadly a lot of people loose perspective when the latter team is mentioned, sad
[Post edited 19 May 2018 23:55]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 23:58 - May 19 with 1537 viewsa_Swanderful_life

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 19:48 - May 19 by peenemunde

Fu*k Celtic and as for Rodgers, with Rangers in decline for the last 6 or 7 years, I could have had the same success as him.
Winning a one horse race is nothing to shout about.
Fu*k celtic..🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:49]

we could have won the Scottish premier league it basically boils down to beating aberdeen
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 00:01 - May 20 with 1528 viewsKilkennyjack

Brenda is a Celtic fan.

He was always going to take such a job. ☘️💚

Beware of the Risen People

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 03:57 - May 20 with 1482 viewsE20Jack

Best manager we have had in the modern era.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 06:26 - May 20 with 1456 viewspencoedjack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 00:01 - May 20 by Kilkennyjack

Brenda is a Celtic fan.

He was always going to take such a job. ☘️💚

Was also a Liverpool fan when he signed for them & no doubt will have some type of love when he moves from the pub league to a proper managers job.

As Fergie said if Brendan Rodgers was chocolate he’d eat himself.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 07:38 - May 20 with 1443 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 06:26 - May 20 by pencoedjack

Was also a Liverpool fan when he signed for them & no doubt will have some type of love when he moves from the pub league to a proper managers job.

As Fergie said if Brendan Rodgers was chocolate he’d eat himself.

He’s also a very lucky manager.
When he arrived at Swansea, that Swansea team was very good, with very experienced players and it wouldn’t have taken much for any half decent manager, to get us promoted.

At Liverpool he inherited one of the best forwards in word football in Suarez and still didn’t win anything and when Saurez left for Barcelona, Liverpool were no where to be seen.

He then ends up at celtic in the Scottish pub league and finds himself in a one horse race,ffs.
If he wants to be considered a good manager he needs to leave Scottish football and see if he can bring success to a club like Arsenal etc.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 7:39]
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 07:42 - May 20 with 1437 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 03:57 - May 20 by E20Jack

Best manager we have had in the modern era.

Not a chance.
Martinez easily is. All the success the club has had in the last 10 years can be traced back to Martinez.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 07:59 - May 20 with 1424 viewsSTID2017

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 07:42 - May 20 by peenemunde

Not a chance.
Martinez easily is. All the success the club has had in the last 10 years can be traced back to Martinez.

With respect all the success we have since the early 2000's can be traced back to one man - Brian Flynn.
Without him none of the rest would have happened.
Every manager since has built upon and generally improved upon the previous model - until Monk.
To judge one better than another is unfair.
They were the right managers for Swansea at that time.
As our next manager will be if he turns us around ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 08:36 - May 20 with 1393 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 07:59 - May 20 by STID2017

With respect all the success we have since the early 2000's can be traced back to one man - Brian Flynn.
Without him none of the rest would have happened.
Every manager since has built upon and generally improved upon the previous model - until Monk.
To judge one better than another is unfair.
They were the right managers for Swansea at that time.
As our next manager will be if he turns us around ...

If you want to nit pick, you could say it’s H Jenkins who is responsible.
Under Jackett the club seemed to be treading water in league one.
Martinez came in and transformed the playing side of the club from top to bottom, which had nothing to do with Flynn.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 09:07 - May 20 with 1376 viewspikeypaul

Bob bobbly would win the treble in that pub league with a team who have a budget 10xs all the other teams.

That is why the football world realise it's absolutely no achievement and nothing to think about.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 09:13 - May 20 with 1364 viewsRancid

Flynn done his bit with the signings he brought in.He didnt to a lot with them but he brought them to the club and started the ball rolling.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 09:39 - May 20 with 1338 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 07:42 - May 20 by peenemunde

Not a chance.

What you are describing is the most important manager in our modern history, not the best.

If the Bayern Munich job came up tomorrow, only Brendan and Roberto applied, who do you think they choose?

It would be Brendan all day long.

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 09:45 - May 20 with 1328 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 09:39 - May 20 by E20Jack

What you are describing is the most important manager in our modern history, not the best.

If the Bayern Munich job came up tomorrow, only Brendan and Roberto applied, who do you think they choose?

It would be Brendan all day long.

Oh come on Bayern would never appoint BR.
Apart from the pub league what has BR done in football ?
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 10:42 - May 20 with 1283 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 09:45 - May 20 by peenemunde

Oh come on Bayern would never appoint BR.
Apart from the pub league what has BR done in football ?

I didn’t say they would (although not out of the question). I said if only two people applied, Brendan and Roberto. They would choose Brendan as he is the better manager.

Brendan got us to the Premier League at the first attempt, kept us up at the first attempt, got Liverpool a whisker away from the Premier League title and guided Celtic to one of their best periods in the modern era. Anyone who thinks Roberto is a better manager is deluded in my opinion.

I agree he was our most important manager in terms of our rise, but certainly not the best. Lee Trundle was also instrumental in getting us to where we were and getting the feel good factor into the club and we rode on a crest of a wave, but comparing him to Michu would be ridiculous.

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 10:53 - May 20 with 1265 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 10:42 - May 20 by E20Jack

I didn’t say they would (although not out of the question). I said if only two people applied, Brendan and Roberto. They would choose Brendan as he is the better manager.

Brendan got us to the Premier League at the first attempt, kept us up at the first attempt, got Liverpool a whisker away from the Premier League title and guided Celtic to one of their best periods in the modern era. Anyone who thinks Roberto is a better manager is deluded in my opinion.

I agree he was our most important manager in terms of our rise, but certainly not the best. Lee Trundle was also instrumental in getting us to where we were and getting the feel good factor into the club and we rode on a crest of a wave, but comparing him to Michu would be ridiculous.

Your Trundle Michu comparison is ridiculous, as trundle never played in the PL.
Martinez won more as a PL manager with Wigan than what Rodgers did at Liverpool and that’s with Rodgers inheriting world class players like Suarez.

Rodgers would not be on Bayern’s radar, for that to happen he has to do something in a decent league and not the Scottish pub league.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 10:59 - May 20 with 1259 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 10:53 - May 20 by peenemunde

Your Trundle Michu comparison is ridiculous, as trundle never played in the PL.
Martinez won more as a PL manager with Wigan than what Rodgers did at Liverpool and that’s with Rodgers inheriting world class players like Suarez.

Rodgers would not be on Bayern’s radar, for that to happen he has to do something in a decent league and not the Scottish pub league.

Yea it is ridiculous, hence I would never compare them. It was a statement showing the difference between “best” and “most important”.

Michael Laudrup has won more with Swansea than Kurgen Klopp has done with Liverpool too. Laudrup is not a better manager than Klopp.

It doesn’t matter if Brendan would be on Bayern’s radar. The situation described was that they were the only two managers that wanted and applied for the job. They would give it to Brendan. That’s because he is a better manager, getting us promoted to the Championship or his time with Wigan doesn’t really stack up.

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:07 - May 20 with 1246 viewsRancid

You'll be hard pushed to find a team under Rodgers that struggles.He's the best around when it comes to man management and installing confidence into players.You get the impression his charges would run through a wall for him.

When he brought Sinclair and Borini here, they were the missing links which took us to the next level and promotion.

Brilliant man.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:08 - May 20 with 1243 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 10:59 - May 20 by E20Jack

Yea it is ridiculous, hence I would never compare them. It was a statement showing the difference between “best” and “most important”.

Michael Laudrup has won more with Swansea than Kurgen Klopp has done with Liverpool too. Laudrup is not a better manager than Klopp.

It doesn’t matter if Brendan would be on Bayern’s radar. The situation described was that they were the only two managers that wanted and applied for the job. They would give it to Brendan. That’s because he is a better manager, getting us promoted to the Championship or his time with Wigan doesn’t really stack up.

That’s your opinion Rodgers would get the job. It’s certainly of fact, unless you know someone on the BM board, which of course you don’t.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:13 - May 20 with 1226 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:08 - May 20 by peenemunde

That’s your opinion Rodgers would get the job. It’s certainly of fact, unless you know someone on the BM board, which of course you don’t.

It’s my opinion that Real Madrid would prefer to sign Messi over Joe Allen too, certainly not a fact as don’t know anyone he on the RM board. But it is so obvious I am happy to state it with such confidence.

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:16 - May 20 with 1219 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:13 - May 20 by E20Jack

It’s my opinion that Real Madrid would prefer to sign Messi over Joe Allen too, certainly not a fact as don’t know anyone he on the RM board. But it is so obvious I am happy to state it with such confidence.

It is fact any club would prefer Messi to Allen. You are being incredibly stupid now.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:17 - May 20 with 1219 viewsDarran

Fuçking Christ the forums two biggest trolls having a disagreement.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:18 - May 20 with 1214 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:17 - May 20 by Darran

At least it’s a change from upsetting a family of someone who’s suffering from cancer.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 11:20]
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:19 - May 20 with 1210 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:07 - May 20 by Rancid

You'll be hard pushed to find a team under Rodgers that struggles.He's the best around when it comes to man management and installing confidence into players.You get the impression his charges would run through a wall for him.

When he brought Sinclair and Borini here, they were the missing links which took us to the next level and promotion.

Brilliant man.

Yep. A rare breed, and I would be straight on the phone if I was the owner of a top club. A real motivator, old school management mixed with a modern twist. Also very balanced in defence and attack.

Martinez couldn’t defend for toffee (pardon the pun). Once tiki taka become nullified, Martinez had nowhere to go. He was great for us, but now football has moved on I don’t see a big future on the game for Roberto. I can’t see him ever landing a big club job.

I can certainly see Brendan managing at a top 4 club again.

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:22 - May 20 with 1205 viewspeenemunde

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:07 - May 20 by Rancid

Brilliant man.

Reading & Liverpool there’s two for you.
Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:22 - May 20 with 1205 viewsE20Jack

Congratulations Brendan Rodgers on 11:17 - May 20 by Darran

Who are you disagreeing with?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024