Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum 21:02 - May 19 with 8703 viewsBrother_Ben

I was looking around for a picture of the Vetch for the background on my PC and came across a collection entitled THE GAME: 30 YEARS THROUGH THE LENS OF STUART ROY CLARKE
each photo has an audio file alongside it where he describes each one.

http://www.nationalfootballmuseum.com/exhibitions/the-game

The Vetch photo is number 37, a great picture from the old upper east in 1994 looking down on the corner of the North Bank. The Vetch was unique in so many ways, not least the crazy layout. Just went through the entire thing, some great shots in there.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 21:06]
Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum on 22:40 - May 24 with 1166 viewsTNT

Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum on 07:11 - May 23 by STID2017

Yes that's that where plastics like me and my brothers (me since the late 60's and my brother since the late 1950's) used to stand.
Plastics one and all, hangers on just came to watch the glory days of re-election, being beaten by Minehad in the cup, taking on the might of Crewe, Workington and Southport..
"The hard core loyal supporters" (led by Buller and followed by the rest like the Pied Piper) used to stand in the middle at the back and would occasionally run down towards the "massed" away supporters (usually about 20 hardy souls) gathered under the Double Decker, before they put the boarding at the back, causing most to "relocate"

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum on 22:42 - May 24 with 1165 viewsTNT

Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum on 07:27 - May 23 by awayjack

We used to move from west side to east side of North bank depending on the end we were attacking. It's changed as crowds increased from 4k to 15k+ post Tosh, when the centre NB was jammed. Also remember a few games in the south west corner terrace where they put away fans for a few seasons.

Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum on 22:47 - May 24 with 1158 viewsTNT

Great Vetch photo at the National Football Museum on 12:02 - May 23 by scottishjack

My cousin sent me this earlier on, brought a big smile to my face...

Cracking photo. Simple, but captures the essence of a night game at The Vetch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024