Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer and Bony 20:40 - May 20 with 6111 viewsjack2jack

Would we have been relegated, if they both hadn't been injured so early into the season.
Discuss.
Fer and Bony on 20:48 - May 20 with 5086 viewsjackjackjackjack

No.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Fer and Bony on 20:49 - May 20 with 5078 viewsPrivate_Partz

The answer is no we would not have been imho.
That was the problem though. Many recognised at the start of the season.that, not only were areas of the squad not covered, but the squad was too thin on the ground and we had to rely on us not getting long term injuries.
I think Sanches might have had a part to play as well but for injury.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Fer and Bony on 20:57 - May 20 with 5033 viewsJack11

Bony no but Fer would probably have got us 2-3 goals which would have made the difference. He was a huge loss and is going to be a star for us next season.
Fer and Bony on 20:59 - May 20 with 5020 viewsFireboy2

Fer and Bony on 20:57 - May 20 by Jack11

Bony no but Fer would probably have got us 2-3 goals which would have made the difference. He was a huge loss and is going to be a star for us next season.

Totally agree and i hope he does stay
Fer and Bony on 21:24 - May 20 with 4936 viewsjasper_T

Doubt it would have made a difference. Both players took plenty of pelters when they were in the team, but Swans fans have short memories so now Fer's become a quality player again.
Fer and Bony on 21:27 - May 20 with 4920 viewsItchySphincter

Fer and Bony on 21:24 - May 20 by jasper_T

Doubt it would have made a difference. Both players took plenty of pelters when they were in the team, but Swans fans have short memories so now Fer's become a quality player again.

Fer is a very decent player who never let us down in a battle, unlike some.........

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer and Bony on 21:29 - May 20 with 4895 viewsFireboy2

Fer and Bony on 21:24 - May 20 by jasper_T

Not from me jasper

Ive always liked fer,the only midfielder we have who would put a challenge in and would try to take on defences

Big big miss imo
Fer and Bony on 21:36 - May 20 with 4835 viewswestside

If we hadn't had such a bad start to the season or maybe if Clement had gone sooner or if we hadn't had so many sh1t officials or if the Southampton game wasn't re-arranged for the last week of the season we could have stayed up. Who knows ?

All we know is that Jenkins recruitment was cr8p and the Yanks didn't spend the money to strengthen the squad where it was needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Fer and Bony on 21:37 - May 20 with 4829 viewsDr_Winston

Probably not.

Both of them could have added something we were sorely lacking during the last eight games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer and Bony on 21:37 - May 20 with 4827 viewsItchySphincter

Skillfull too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer and Bony on 21:38 - May 20 with 4823 viewsjack2jack

Fer and Bony on 21:29 - May 20 by Fireboy2

Not from me jasper

Ive always liked fer,the only midfielder we have who would put a challenge in and would try to take on defences

Big big miss imo

Me too Fireboy, agreed.
Had high hopes for Bony, but it just hasn't worked, he was clearly injured coming back to us, if he stays, maybe, just maybe we'll see him bang in a few goals for us, fingers crossed.
It's all ifs, buts and maybes ATM, we need to regroup and go again.
Fer and Bony on 21:56 - May 20 with 4739 viewsLoyal

A fit Fer and Bony and we would still be premier league.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fer and Bony on 23:01 - May 20 with 4567 viewsjack_lord

Fer and Bony on 21:56 - May 20 by Loyal

A fit Fer and Bony and we would still be premier league.

when they were both injured I said we would get relegated. Jordan getting the three match ban ended our momentum though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Fer and Bony on 23:13 - May 20 with 4521 viewsGriffting

Fer, while not exactly perfect, is the only central midfielder we have that differs from the rest. Physically strong and able to carry the ball up the pitch. He was missed.

Bony.. who knows. I’m fairly sure Bony would have added 2-3 goals but I’m not really sure CC favoured him too much.
Fer and Bony on 23:48 - May 20 with 4453 viewsTheKirkyLife

When Fer played off he had real stinkers. When he played well he could boss games and win us some as well.

Seriously hope he stays as he has Championship experience and could really bolster our midfield.
Fer and Bony on 23:52 - May 20 with 4447 viewsTaliesin

If Bony hadn't got injured when he did he would have got injured in the next game, or the one after that. Hoping for Bony not getting injured was akin to hoping that Summer won't follow Spring. IF we had bought a fit Bony then yes he would have picked up one or two goals at least, and that may have been enough - was never going to happen and never will, sadly I believe he's done.

The option of Fer would have given us enough to stay up, I would have thought.

Not sending Mc Burnie to Barnsley would have helped too
Fer and Bony on 00:21 - May 21 with 4409 viewsjasper_T

Fer and Bony on 23:48 - May 20 by TheKirkyLife

When Fer played off he had real stinkers. When he played well he could boss games and win us some as well.

Seriously hope he stays as he has Championship experience and could really bolster our midfield.

Fer's Championship experience is 19 disinterested games for QPR waiting for someone to rescue him (which we did. Plus one for Norwich before QPR took him. I doubt anyone will be looking for a thrice relegated midfielder though so maybe he'll be focused and ready to us.

Tom Carroll played a season and a half during loans, he's our experienced Championship heavyweight.
Fer and Bony on 00:44 - May 21 with 4381 viewsSwansNZ

Fer and Bony on 21:37 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Probably not.

Both of them could have added something we were sorely lacking during the last eight games.

like a goal maybe

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fer and Bony on 02:19 - May 21 with 4328 viewsmajorraglan

I think both players were badly missed as they offered something which was missing from a lot of the other players.

I don’t want to go over old ground, but last summers transfer window was poor and the club failed to address gaps that a lot of fans on here had highlighted. Let’s hope the next window is a better one.
Fer and Bony on 03:44 - May 21 with 4292 viewsphact0rri

If it wasn't this year, then it would just happen next year. as it has been the last few seasons. lessons have not been learned. Now that we've been punished for the lack of commitment to the club, we can see if the lesson has yet been learned or if everyone upstairs are just too thick to be helped.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Fer and Bony on 06:12 - May 21 with 4192 viewsDr_Winston

Fer and Bony on 00:44 - May 21 by SwansNZ

like a goal maybe

Or a decent pass through defence.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fer and Bony on 06:30 - May 21 with 4153 viewsnierika

It was a perfect storm of bad signings, injuries and dead weight.
Fer and Bony on 07:17 - May 21 with 4090 viewsZut_Alors

I think we'd have been OK.

Fer would have some terrible games. The thing is, he can also have games where he really drives forward and carries the ball upfield. He's not perfect by any means, but he'd only have needed 2 or 3 performances in the 9 or so we failed to win at the end to have made a difference, IMO. Hope Fer can contribute next season.

I'd like to think Bony might have made a difference to the Southampton game, but you got the feeling his injury was less about bad luck in one game and more his overall shape is poor. I think relying on Bony coming back fit is too big a risk.
Fer and Bony on 11:13 - May 21 with 3782 viewsEU5Makaveli

No, and more so because of Fer, not so much Bony.
Fer and Bony on 21:24 - May 21 with 3581 viewsDr_Winston

"With Fer in the team, Carlos’s Swans managed 1.83 points per game; without him, 0.75."

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2018/05/21/swansea-autopsy-pt-1-8-reasons-the-swans-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024