Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our midfield next season 06:55 - May 21 with 3445 viewspremierjack

Some posters on here make me laugh, I can’t believe the amount of slagging off that is directed to OUR players. I think if we have a midfield of Fer, Carroll and Clucas next season it will be up there with the best in the division.

Fer has quality, yes he seems lazy at times but I believe he would have been enough to keep us in the premier league if he didn’t get injured. He’s built for the championship, he’s direct and he will score a few next year so I hope he stays.

Clucas has been played out of position in a team with negative tactics and with an injury by the looks of it, I think with a decent run in the team he will be perfect for the championship. He will chip in with a few goals and if the next manger lets him play as a box to box midfielder I think we will see the best of him.

Carroll is harshly criticised by many on her, apparently he’s not built big enough, like Leon? He passes the ball side ways, Like Leon? Im not saying he is better than Leon for one second but he has got some ability. Against Stoke he was the best player on the pitch but still people criticise him, he passed the ball side ways and he gets abuse from the stands, Leon passed it sideways and got praised for keeping the ball and controlling the game, you couldn’t make it up. When Tom first arrived he was quality, he is technically one of our best players and I think he will be quality in a midfield three next season.

It’s about time some of OUR fans actually got behind and supported OUR players. We would probably see a better team on the pitch then.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 6:58]
Our midfield next season on 07:34 - May 21 with 3324 viewsjacktar

Many of the supporters of which you speak will probably be nowhere near the Liberty next season,which won’t be a bad thing imo.
I agree with your opinion on our midfield and like you hope we can keep these players.

PS. Are you planning on changing your username or holding on for a quick return to the top flight?

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Our midfield next season on 07:40 - May 21 with 3301 viewsbuilthjack

Both Carroll and Clucas only have a left foot. So the have to always spin on to that foot instead of using their right. Same with Olsson. Easy to read players.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our midfield next season on 07:50 - May 21 with 3250 viewsJango

Our midfield next season on 07:40 - May 21 by builthjack

Both Carroll and Clucas only have a left foot. So the have to always spin on to that foot instead of using their right. Same with Olsson. Easy to read players.

The majority of right footed players in the premier league are exactly the same on their right foot.
Our midfield next season on 07:50 - May 21 with 3249 viewsdickythorpe

With Ki gone we are already stronger. He must have pisssed off teammates with his poor skills.

Anyone of you who has played sport will know what I mean , especially when he's paid to play like a turd.
Our midfield next season on 08:03 - May 21 with 3198 viewsItchySphincter

Our midfield next season on 07:50 - May 21 by dickythorpe

With Ki gone we are already stronger. He must have pisssed off teammates with his poor skills.

Anyone of you who has played sport will know what I mean , especially when he's paid to play like a turd.

I happen to agree that his departure will force positive action, so yes, we are already stronger than last season.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our midfield next season on 08:25 - May 21 with 3099 viewsTheResurrection

Excellent OP.

Our fans just want to heap more misery on our situation.

Every single thread you'll have some vvanker slagging something off

Get out of my club..

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our midfield next season on 08:27 - May 21 with 3098 viewspremierjack

Our midfield next season on 07:34 - May 21 by jacktar

Many of the supporters of which you speak will probably be nowhere near the Liberty next season,which won’t be a bad thing imo.
I agree with your opinion on our midfield and like you hope we can keep these players.

PS. Are you planning on changing your username or holding on for a quick return to the top flight?

I’m going to keep it for a season and hope for the best.
Our midfield next season on 08:40 - May 21 with 3037 viewsSeaJack

I would tend to agree with the OP. At Championship level it may be a case of thriving rather than just surviving as they were doing at Premier League level. Fer in particular will surely come into his own.
Login to get fewer ads

Our midfield next season on 08:46 - May 21 with 3016 viewsPrivate_Partz

They may or may not cut it at this level. It is laughable to say our midfield is stronger now. We need to strengthen the squad and the person that does it needs a clue as to what they are doing.
No happy clapping here until I see the evidence.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 9:30]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Our midfield next season on 08:46 - May 21 with 3016 viewsswancity

Certainly right especially about Tom Carroll .

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Our midfield next season on 10:07 - May 21 with 2836 viewsAl_Bundy

Although I agree with the OP both Fer and Clucas wanted out when they got relegated and wouldn't surprise me if we sell Clucas if he wants out. We have no pace in our midfield based on last season and that needs addressing.
Our midfield next season on 10:13 - May 21 with 2819 viewsJohnw102

Also if those three fail we have Matt Grimes and Jay Fulton, both should be OK in the Championship.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Our midfield next season on 10:15 - May 21 with 2815 viewsomarjack

I agree with the post 100%..

But we're still missing an element in our midfield that will need to be addressed..and I'm not only talking about a need for a Playmaker,but we want a solid,physical presence,kind of like Fer who's perhaps a better passer. And who'll be able to play as a DMF as well to be the first line of defence..

I look at our midfield and see really good Championship talent,but all of them play in the same role give or take..we want 2 options here..a DMF..and an AMF/winger type of player (you could argue he's not a part of the midfield but still)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Our midfield next season on 10:46 - May 21 with 2747 viewsveng9

I think Carroll will improve in the right team but the strong criticism for him is not because "he's not built big enough". Britton goes in for challenges and he fairly often gets the ball but Carroll ends up being completely bullied by most players when he goes in for the tackle. 50/50's with Carroll are closer to always being 20/80's in favour of the opponent. When he's at his best he can play good forward passes and we've seen some decent efforts from distance in the cup so I am hopeful he'll improve but I'm not sure his atrocious tackling ever will.

Clucas could be a good Championship player with the right manager. He gets into good positions in the box and a better manager and team will hopefully get the most out of that.

I would not be shocked if Fer was poor or if he was bullying the Championship.
Our midfield next season on 10:49 - May 21 with 2732 viewsdameedna

Midfield of
King Fulton
Fer Grimes
Clucas Routs
Carroll Gorre
Dyer Narsingh
May be good enough.
Our midfield next season on 10:54 - May 21 with 2713 viewsJacket

Our midfield next season on 07:50 - May 21 by dickythorpe

Don't think it was his lack of skills. Probably the most skillful there. It was the lack of fight and the lack of tackling that made him so poor. Not the kind of player we'd want in the Championship.
Our midfield next season on 10:55 - May 21 with 2710 viewsjack_lord

Our midfield next season on 10:46 - May 21 by veng9

I think Carroll will improve in the right team but the strong criticism for him is not because "he's not built big enough". Britton goes in for challenges and he fairly often gets the ball but Carroll ends up being completely bullied by most players when he goes in for the tackle. 50/50's with Carroll are closer to always being 20/80's in favour of the opponent. When he's at his best he can play good forward passes and we've seen some decent efforts from distance in the cup so I am hopeful he'll improve but I'm not sure his atrocious tackling ever will.

Clucas could be a good Championship player with the right manager. He gets into good positions in the box and a better manager and team will hopefully get the most out of that.

I would not be shocked if Fer was poor or if he was bullying the Championship.

Good analysis. Fer, quite possibly, holds the key (no pun intented) to our midfield hopes in the coming season. Our new management need to look at what teams are coming and what type of midfield they have and who the big players are when they set out our stall.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Our midfield next season on 10:58 - May 21 with 2697 viewsjasper_T

Our midfield next season on 10:49 - May 21 by dameedna

Midfield of
King Fulton
Fer Grimes
Clucas Routs
Carroll Gorre
Dyer Narsingh
May be good enough.

Adam King isn't good enough. Andy King doesn't want to join. Gorre and Fulton are out of contract.
Our midfield next season on 11:12 - May 21 with 2634 viewsEU5Makaveli

Good post. I think we need a genuine holding midfielder in there though, out of Fer, Clucas and Carrol I can’t see who is going to sit and protect the back 4.
Our midfield next season on 11:12 - May 21 with 2633 viewslonglostjack

Our midfield next season on 10:58 - May 21 by jasper_T

Adam King isn't good enough. Andy King doesn't want to join. Gorre and Fulton are out of contract.

Fulton is contracted until 2020

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our midfield next season on 11:23 - May 21 with 2599 views3swan

Carroll came for 4.5m wasn't it?

At that sort of money he was never going to be the main midfielder but that's what he ended up being.

In the right set up he could be an asset, but it's all about the right balance.
Our midfield next season on 11:28 - May 21 with 2587 viewsomarjack

Our midfield next season on 11:23 - May 21 by 3swan

Carroll came for 4.5m wasn't it?

At that sort of money he was never going to be the main midfielder but that's what he ended up being.

In the right set up he could be an asset, but it's all about the right balance.

J.Ayew came for 5 m (+Neil Taylor,but that guy was worthless)

And Jordan is one of our main players..

Fer also came for about 5 m from QPR..he'll definitely be one of our main midfielders..

Meanwhile Baston cost us 15 m..where is he now?

It's not about the fee..it's about the player..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Our midfield next season on 11:42 - May 21 with 2531 viewsLoyal

Our midfield next season on 08:25 - May 21 by TheResurrection

Excellent OP.

Our fans just want to heap more misery on our situation.

Every single thread you'll have some vvanker slagging something off

Get out of my club..

Those willing to stay and fight have my respect, those who don't mean nothing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our midfield next season on 11:44 - May 21 with 2524 viewsjasper_T

Our midfield next season on 11:28 - May 21 by omarjack

J.Ayew came for 5 m (+Neil Taylor,but that guy was worthless)

And Jordan is one of our main players..

Fer also came for about 5 m from QPR..he'll definitely be one of our main midfielders..

Meanwhile Baston cost us 15 m..where is he now?

It's not about the fee..it's about the player..

Not one of them would have made it into the team a few short years ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024