Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup has "retired". 02:22 - May 22 with 6720 viewsmichufan

With all the speculations about who will be the next Swansea manager, and having seen Michael Laudrup's name come up, I just thought I'd mention that Michael Laudrup has decided to take a break from football for an indefinite period of time when his contract with Qatar club Al Rayyan expires this summer.

Source: http://sport.tv2.dk/fodbold/2018-05-20-michael-laudrup-tager-traenerpause-paa-ub

He says:

"I want to take a break. After all, I have been working with football on a high level since I was 17 years old so now is the time where I want life to be about something else for a time. It will be a break for an indefinite period of time. It can be 6 months, 12 months or permanent."

I know that things can change quickly in the world of sports and people declare their retirement one day so that they can declare their comeback the next. However I doubt that Michael Laudrup would have gone public with this kind of statement if there were any current negotiations going on or anything remotely tempting lined up.

TL;DR Michael Laudrup will not be the next Swansea manager.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 2:25]
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 05:28 - May 22 with 6611 viewsE20Jack

I saw more heart and desire in Bafe Gomis as a player than I have seen in Laudrup as a manager. That's saying something.

He had a great solitary season for us, make no mistake, but I never understood those going over the top about him. He obviously gets bored very quickly and does not have the passion and drive to stay in the game. Looks very money motivated which is never a good sign, hence his move from the Premier League to the middle east when his stock was highest as manager.

If he had any managerial ambitions, he would have capitalised on that. We need a young, hungry manager with something to prove.

Step forward Mr Potter (not Harry).

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Michael Laudrup has on 06:39 - May 22 with 6481 viewspremierjack

He will never be our manager again if he stays with his current agent.
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 07:23 - May 22 with 6364 viewsItchySphincter

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 05:28 - May 22 by E20Jack

I saw more heart and desire in Bafe Gomis as a player than I have seen in Laudrup as a manager. That's saying something.

He had a great solitary season for us, make no mistake, but I never understood those going over the top about him. He obviously gets bored very quickly and does not have the passion and drive to stay in the game. Looks very money motivated which is never a good sign, hence his move from the Premier League to the middle east when his stock was highest as manager.

If he had any managerial ambitions, he would have capitalised on that. We need a young, hungry manager with something to prove.

I’m not sure that he’s particularly motivated by money, but that is a cracking, well thought out post to my eyes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 07:29 - May 22 with 6337 viewsmagicdaps10

I am all for Graham Potter.

Martinez and Rodgers had not made names for themselves as players and didn't have that to rest on, they wanted to make strides in management and I believe Potter falls in the same category.

I like Laudrup but we cant go back, surely we have learned those lessons.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 08:30 - May 22 with 6106 viewsmoonie

If not motivated by money,why go to the desert state of hasbeen mercenaries. Little better than the laughable MLS .Easy money . He was as guilty as anyone.
And he " retired" with us
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 09:14 - May 22 with 5963 viewsItchySphincter

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 08:30 - May 22 by moonie

If not motivated by money,why go to the desert state of hasbeen mercenaries. Little better than the laughable MLS .Easy money . He was as guilty as anyone.
And he " retired" with us

Lazy.

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 09:16 - May 22 with 5953 viewsBobby_Fischer

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 09:14 - May 22 by ItchySphincter

Lazy.

You found a job yet?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 09:57 - May 22 with 5843 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well he is taking a break not retiring.
Don't agree with the comments on here. How people can just ignore the Jenkins skullduggery, injury, fixture back logs, internal warring etc and blame a poorer second season on laziness and lack of interest is beyond me.
Anyways it is done to death so I am not going over old ground again.
At least that is one less name for Jenkins to dither over, not that I thought there was any mileage in it anyway.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 11:30 - May 22 with 5679 viewsItchySphincter

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 09:16 - May 22 by Bobby_Fischer

You found a job yet?

I know I shouldn’t ask, but wtf?!

Michael Laudrup has on 11:51 - May 22 with 5620 viewsmichufan

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 05:28 - May 22 by E20Jack

That's not how I see it at all.

I'm pretty sure Michael Laudrup was "all-in" on doing a great job in Swansea.

But having won the club its first major trophy, having them play the best football they have ever played, having build a squad for the future, having set up a viable youth academy and taking the team to Europe while surviving in the league - to see all that undone by small-town mentality, a bunch of unprofessional players destabilizing the club for their own gain, a chairman who started to make some terrible decisions - I can understand why he left Swansea as a disillusioned man.

That's why he went to Qatar, because he was fed up with the politics and backstabbing. And that is why he is now on hiatus - to do some soul-searching if he really wants to go back and do it all over again.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 11:53]
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 11:53 - May 22 with 5606 viewsDarran

Michael Laudrup has on 11:51 - May 22 by michufan

But having won the club its first major trophy, having them play the best football they have ever played, having build a squad for the future, having set up a viable youth academy and taking the team to Europe while surviving in the league - to see all that undone by small-town mentality, a bunch of unprofessional players destabilizing the club for their own gain, a chairman who started to make some terrible decisions - I can understand why he left Swansea as a disillusioned man.

That's why he went to Qatar, because he was fed up with the politics and backstabbing. And that is why he is now on hiatus - to do some soul-searching if he really wants to go back and do it all over again.

He set up a viable youth academy?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michael Laudrup has on 14:18 - May 22 with 5312 viewsTom1912

Michael Laudrup has on 11:51 - May 22 by michufan

Laudrup had nothing to do with the youth academy.

He also cocked up our European run by losing games in the groups we should have won which led to us drawing Napoli.

He'll forever have my gratitude for that first season and the League Cup win though.
Michael Laudrup has on 14:53 - May 22 with 5215 views34dfgdf54

Michael Laudrup has on 14:18 - May 22 by Tom1912

Laudrup had nothing to do with the youth academy.

He also cocked up our European run by losing games in the groups we should have won which led to us drawing Napoli.

He'll forever have my gratitude for that first season and the League Cup win though.

Slagging a Swansea City manager off for messing up in Europe? Look how other clubs our size have done in the Uefa Cup, I'm pretty sure not even clubs like Everton have gone as far as we did that year. Especially when he was trying to juggle it with the Premier League.
Michael Laudrup has on 15:00 - May 22 with 5197 viewsDarran

Michael Laudrup has on 14:53 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

Slagging a Swansea City manager off for messing up in Europe? Look how other clubs our size have done in the Uefa Cup, I'm pretty sure not even clubs like Everton have gone as far as we did that year. Especially when he was trying to juggle it with the Premier League.

They won the CWC once mind.

Michael Laudrup has on 15:05 - May 22 with 5182 views34dfgdf54

Michael Laudrup has on 15:00 - May 22 by Darran

They won the CWC once mind.

I meant more along the lines of teams since we got there. It's hard work competing on both fronts, especially when you have a boss like Jenkins bringing Ngog and Emnes in as reinforcements in January.
Michael Laudrup has on 15:12 - May 22 with 5156 viewsjackforever

Michael Laudrup has on 14:53 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

What like Fulham and Boro?
Michael Laudrup has on 15:27 - May 22 with 5114 views34dfgdf54

Michael Laudrup has on 15:12 - May 22 by jackforever

What like Fulham and Boro?

We were never going to get to the final of the Uefa Cup.

We were in our third season in the hardest league in the world and got to the round of 32, beating Valencia away 3-0 in what most describe as the best away day of their lives and going seriously close to knocking out Napoli in their own back yard.

Look how sh*t we are now compared to then, should be thankful more than anything else.
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 15:49 - May 22 with 5064 viewsmarchamjack

Are there any Danish Swans fans now still on here?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 15:54 - May 22 with 5050 viewstrinityann

I personally think Michael Laudrup would struggle with our current team in the championship. It's time for Mr Potter to be given a shot, he's done his apprenticeship and lets see what he can do with a bit of patience and time.
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 16:05 - May 22 with 5026 viewsJajess

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 15:49 - May 22 by marchamjack

Yes.
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 16:11 - May 22 with 4996 viewsmichufan

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 11:53 - May 22 by Darran

He set up a viable youth academy?

During Michael Laudrup's tenure the Elite Player Performance Plan was formulated that would essentially lead to the Category One status that the Youth Academy now enjoys. Staffing was increased bringing in Spaniard Pep Clotet as Academy consultant (2013) as well as Nigel Rees (2013), current Head of Academy.

The exact amount of input Laudrup had in regards to the Youth Academy is uncertain - but bringing in Pep Clotet as part of his backroom staff to oversee the Academy, replacing Tony Pennock as Head of Academy, would suggest that he was definitely involved in overseeing and shaping the Academy during his tenure.
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 16:16 - May 22 with 4972 viewsmichufan

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 15:49 - May 22 by marchamjack

Yes - greetings from Denmark :)
Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 16:16 - May 22 with 4972 viewsDarran

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 16:11 - May 22 by michufan

During Michael Laudrup's tenure the Elite Player Performance Plan was formulated that would essentially lead to the Category One status that the Youth Academy now enjoys. Staffing was increased bringing in Spaniard Pep Clotet as Academy consultant (2013) as well as Nigel Rees (2013), current Head of Academy.

The exact amount of input Laudrup had in regards to the Youth Academy is uncertain - but bringing in Pep Clotet as part of his backroom staff to oversee the Academy, replacing Tony Pennock as Head of Academy, would suggest that he was definitely involved in overseeing and shaping the Academy during his tenure.

He wasn’t.

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 23:39 - May 22 with 4624 viewsDJack

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 11:30 - May 22 by ItchySphincter

I know I shouldn’t ask, but wtf?!

I have an odd feeling he has confused you with Dippy/Skippy...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Michael Laudrup has "retired". on 14:04 - May 28 with 4227 viewsSwansea93

His club have officially announced that he won't be staying on as manager.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024