Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to appoint Technical Director 07:35 - May 22 with 12128 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44205422
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:54 - May 22 with 2261 viewsTheResurrection

Just shut the fack up the lot of you and start supporting the facking club again.

Jesus Christ, miserable bastards are only happy when they're moaning.

JUST GET ON WITH IT..

.I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:57 - May 22 with 2256 viewsDarran

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:54 - May 22 by TheResurrection

Just shut the fack up the lot of you and start supporting the facking club again.

JUST GET ON WITH IT..

.I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Nobody’s ever stopped supporting the club. #JenkinsOut

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 18:54 - May 22 with 2160 viewssomersetsimon

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 09:25 - May 22 by KGriz16

Going against the grain here, but if the position of Technical Director was filled with the correct appointment, I believe this is a positive step forward for the club. It takes HJ more away from the footballing side of things, and more towards the business side of the club. Which then leaves the TD in control of the football, transfers, contracts etc.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 9:26]

I thought we now had professionals in place who handled the business side of things?
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 18:59 - May 22 with 2152 viewslonglostjack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 18:54 - May 22 by somersetsimon

I thought we now had professionals in place who handled the business side of things?

Good point. That's what Pearlman is very well paid for.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 19:09 - May 22 with 2124 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:52 - May 22 by bangorjack

When we were on the up we had the philosophy of buying players that suit our style of play, rather than players specifically chosen by the manager. This should mean that with a change of manager there is not a big upheaval on the team. If we want a return to ‘The Swansea Way’ then I see no reason why we can’t continue to follow this structure. This does, however, rely on the DOF/TD being a football man, not a roofer. It also needs the ‘head coach’ to also suit the targeted style of play.

Well as far as I could see Martinez , Rodgers and ML were heavily involved in the players we brought in. The managers were picked to play the Swansea Way.
Since ML we have been firefighting and lost our style in the process.
Imho we need to get back to the manager being king when deciding on what players to bring in.
The DOF and Head Coach system is both expensive and confusing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 19:28 - May 22 with 2075 viewsOldjack

JUST GET ON WITH IT..

.I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

Good, does this mean your leaving us ?if so take your mate, that lying devious kant and his cronies with you . job done

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 19:28 - May 22 with 2075 viewsCooperman

JUST GET ON WITH IT..

.I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

You can support the club whilst not supporting those that run it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:58 - May 22 with 2000 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:57]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:02 - May 22 with 1986 viewsDr_Winston

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:58 - May 22 by cymrojack

It's possible, but why on Earth would we want to?

Why not appoint the best available person rather than one who is simply convenient?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:08 - May 22 with 1978 viewscymrojack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:02 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

It's possible, but why on Earth would we want to?

Why not appoint the best available person rather than one who is simply convenient?

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:58]

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:14 - May 22 with 1961 viewsDr_Winston

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:08 - May 22 by cymrojack

Stability and continuity in the situation we're in probably isn't a good thing. We need things to be shaken up. Financially the savings may be decent, but going for "the cheap option" seems to be what most people would prefer not to do.

On recent history people from within the club who have stepped up to fill certain roles have very much not been the best available. Think we're safer looking elsewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea to appoint Technical Director (n/t) on 20:23 - May 22 with 1926 viewsswan65split

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 09:32 - May 22 by swan65split

THIS .............PIDDLE OFF.... WE WANT JINXY OUT.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:24 - May 22 with 1918 viewscymrojack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:14 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Stability and continuity in the situation we're in probably isn't a good thing. We need things to be shaken up. Financially the savings may be decent, but going for "the cheap option" seems to be what most people would prefer not to do.

On recent history people from within the club who have stepped up to fill certain roles have very much not been the best available. Think we're safer looking elsewhere.

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:29 - May 22 with 1898 viewslondontaffia

We need someone with proven experience, what about Peter Risdale? He could learn from where he’s gone wrong in the past?
Whoever’s on the the trust, can you please put this forward to Huw for serious consideration? TIA

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:57 - May 22 with 1830 viewsSwansea93

Guidolin.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 21:22 - May 22 with 1787 viewsJacket

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 20:29 - May 22 by londontaffia

We need someone with proven experience, what about Peter Risdale? He could learn from where he’s gone wrong in the past?
Whoever’s on the the trust, can you please put this forward to Huw for serious consideration? TIA

Yes, what could possibly go wrong?
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 21:22 - May 22 with 1786 viewslonglostjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:24 - May 22 by cymrojack

That final paragraph is spot on. There is no way Jenkins and Pearlman can justify salaries of £500,000 and £700,000 respectively in the Championship. Their calls for unity are utterly meaningless otherwise. The Trust should be pressing that point home.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 21:24]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 21:50 - May 22 with 1728 viewsOldjack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 21:22 - May 22 by longlostjack

That final paragraph is spot on. There is no way Jenkins and Pearlman can justify salaries of £500,000 and £700,000 respectively in the Championship. Their calls for unity are utterly meaningless otherwise. The Trust should be pressing that point home.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 21:24]

And they'll laugh in their faces and tell them to keep their beaks out of matters that don't concern them

Will do

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 22:08 - May 22 with 1661 viewsTNT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football

Jump to As a technical director - A director of football is a senior management figure at a football (soccer) club, most commonly in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and causes much debate in the sports media.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 22:15 - May 22 with 1643 viewsTNT

Some vacancies at the club are advertised on the club website. At least then everyone gets to see the job spec.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 22:15 - May 22 with 1641 viewsharryhpalmer

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 09:29 - May 22 by costalotta

It would very much depend on who the TD reports to and also what does the role fully encompass?

I have been told by someone in the know that the TD will report to the Yanks, not Big Nose.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 22:38 - May 22 with 1586 viewsBrynmill_Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:58 - May 22 by cymrojack

F*cking hell , we won't get many bites at this particular cherry. Ask Sunderland fans. Time to stop the f*cking about of the last 4 years and take this sh*t seriously or we'll be going down again. Must get this one absolutely right - no expense spared.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 22:53 - May 22 with 1559 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:52 - May 22 by bangorjack

When we were on the up we had the philosophy of buying players that suit our style of play, rather than players specifically chosen by the manager. This should mean that with a change of manager there is not a big upheaval on the team. If we want a return to ‘The Swansea Way’ then I see no reason why we can’t continue to follow this structure. This does, however, rely on the DOF/TD being a football man, not a roofer. It also needs the ‘head coach’ to also suit the targeted style of play.

This would be my preferred model. The club determine the type of football it wants to play, then sources players who can play that way and a head coach/manager who will implement what is expected of them. The Head Coach will of course need to have a Plan B and a Plan C and be able change things about as and when required, but they should work to the clubs philosophy. The TD works with the manager and the scouing exam to dentifrice and agree players and the Chairman/ Chief Executive sorts the financial details out. This as Bangorjack should ensure continuity in player recruitment and retention and should reduce turnover of players under new managers who traditionally play a different style of football. The TD should also ensure the philosophy runs right through the club academy and that all the teams are pulling in the same direction.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 23:34 - May 22 with 1509 viewsJacket

Could this be the chance for Huw to rekindle his infatuation with Graeme Jones? Would this role tempt him to step out of Martinez's shadow?

Probably not, as he wouldn't leave before the World Cup.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 23:57 - May 22 with 1487 viewsmichufan

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 23:34 - May 22 by Jacket

Could this be the chance for Huw to rekindle his infatuation with Graeme Jones? Would this role tempt him to step out of Martinez's shadow?

Probably not, as he wouldn't leave before the World Cup.

If only it was possible to get a setup like - I don't know - a world class manager with his own scouting network and a seasoned agent able to get deals like no one else (like a 15 goal goalscorer from La Liga for £2m). All working in harmony to make sure recruitment is in line with the playing style and general team composition.

BUT WAIT - that's exactly what you had! Except you didn't think it was fair that the agent was paid for his work - and your chairman thought he could do a better job as a scout.

And now 5 years later you have come to realise you may need a Technial Director?

OMG - you just can't make this sh*t up :D

EDIT: Not meant as a reply to Jacket's post but to thread ;)
[Post edited 23 May 2018 0:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024