Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 115666 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 16:28 - May 22 with 4798 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 16:17 - May 22 by Swansea93

Couple of videos if you've got some spare time.

Extremely similar to our approach under Carvalhal.
Graham Potter on 16:30 - May 22 with 4782 viewsLegend83

Graham Potter on 15:51 - May 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

At least he's had some good success elsewhere before coming here, rather than failing or doing a mediocre job before arriving like our previous managers.

Yep, just like Frankie G...
Graham Potter on 16:33 - May 22 with 4763 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 16:00 - May 22 by costalotta

I’m not so sure that coming to us demonstrates ambition on his part. But there you go.

If I had a £ for every time I’d heard someone say highly rated by those in the game on,y to see the, not get anywhere or take teams down blah blah.

Of course we want him to do well and fans will back him all the way. But it is a gamble. That league is rubbish and the EFL one of the strongest in Europe. In fact, our second tier is stronger than most first tiers. Anyway time will tell.

He is hardly going to step straight into a premier league hot seat from where he is at present, the championship is going to be the ideal next step. He will have ambitions at his age to go higher up the pyramid and i think relegated Swansea in the Champ is his ideal next step.

I am all for it but he needs backing this summer, that is paramount.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 16:38 - May 22 with 4717 viewsFireboy2

Imo hes the best on offer atm

Young ambitious and likes to play football on the floor

Just hope the w@nkers who run us back him up with players he wants
Graham Potter on 16:42 - May 22 with 4688 viewscostalotta

Graham Potter on 16:33 - May 22 by magicdaps10

He is hardly going to step straight into a premier league hot seat from where he is at present, the championship is going to be the ideal next step. He will have ambitions at his age to go higher up the pyramid and i think relegated Swansea in the Champ is his ideal next step.

I am all for it but he needs backing this summer, that is paramount.

Fair comment.

The thing is, we did consider him when we were in the PL. anyway, that’s moot.

That all I am saying is that success in the Swedish league, or the Finnish league or the Norwegian league does not usually translate into success in our leagues. In fact, I can only think of two who have achieved success in both. RH and SGE both had huge success in Italy, and in SGE a few other countries before they came here. The point being they proved themselves in top class leagues. This guy hasn’t and the odd result in Europe doesn’t count. Or at least it shouldn’t be the main indicator. Let’s be real here, would you take the manager of any of the recent giant killers in the game cup? One off games ... does not mean those managers could do a job.

Anyway, I’m hopeful he will do well for us but given our structure, our Current DOF and a seemingly lack of coherent plan I remain to be convinced.
Graham Potter on 16:47 - May 22 with 4625 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Graham Potter on 16:42 - May 22 by costalotta

Fair comment.

That all I am saying is that success in the Swedish league, or the Finnish league or the Norwegian league does not usually translate into success in our leagues. In fact, I can only think of two who have achieved success in both. RH and SGE both had huge success in Italy, and in SGE a few other countries before they came here. The point being they proved themselves in top class leagues. This guy hasn’t and the odd result in Europe doesn’t count. Or at least it shouldn’t be the main indicator. Let’s be real here, would you take the manager of any of the recent giant killers in the game cup? One off games ... does not mean those managers could do a job.

Anyway, I’m hopeful he will do well for us but given our structure, our Current DOF and a seemingly lack of coherent plan I remain to be convinced.

I can see Huw interfering whoever we bring in.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Graham Potter on 16:55 - May 22 with 4557 viewslonglostjack

Maybe we shouldn't write off young Toshack either. These guys have all been pretty successful and would also have been considered high risk on appointment.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/julian-nagelsmann-domenico-tedesco

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Graham Potter on 16:56 - May 22 with 4539 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter on 16:47 - May 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Didn't realise he was like that
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 16:59 - May 22 with 4514 viewsherbie

Graham Potter on 16:47 - May 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

Now that is the concern.
Graham Potter on 17:06 - May 22 with 4469 viewsJacket

Not had the best of starts to the season have Ostersunds. Currently 11th after 9 games with just 3 wins. A concern?
Graham Potter on 17:21 - May 22 with 4363 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 17:06 - May 22 by Jacket

Not had the best of starts to the season have Ostersunds. Currently 11th after 9 games with just 3 wins. A concern?

Didn’t he get then successive promotions, and then led them into Europe. He has hit the absolute pinnacle with them and it wouldn’t surprise me if things have gone stale now.

I’d assume he has players there he would like to bring with him aswell.
Graham Potter on 17:26 - May 22 with 4316 viewscostalotta

Graham Potter on 17:21 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

Didn’t he get then successive promotions, and then led them into Europe. He has hit the absolute pinnacle with them and it wouldn’t surprise me if things have gone stale now.

I’d assume he has players there he would like to bring with him aswell.

Like OGS did with them up the road? Look at the level they are at.
Graham Potter on 17:31 - May 22 with 4290 viewsjasper_T

Their squad got gutted iirc
Graham Potter on 17:31 - May 22 with 4290 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Oh shit!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Graham Potter on 17:35 - May 22 with 4263 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 17:26 - May 22 by costalotta

Like OGS did with them up the road? Look at the level they are at.

OGS was with Molde who were already in the top tier of Norwegian football.

Potter has proven he can take teams up, and got them competitive in the UEFA Cup. I have no idea if this appointment will be a good one, just trying not to write him off without a game being played.
Graham Potter on 17:39 - May 22 with 4234 views34dfgdf54

We’ve made no contact at all according to Ostersund Chairman.
Graham Potter on 17:40 - May 22 with 4230 viewsTecmo

FWIW, Odds at 1/4 on Sack Race and 2/7 on Oddschecker now
Graham Potter on 18:11 - May 22 with 4067 viewsdjdancarter

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/ostersunds-c

No contact with Ostersunds according to their Chairman.
Graham Potter on 18:22 - May 22 with 3974 viewsHeadmaster

Underwhelming but not unexpected. If it's true, he could be another Brendan - or another Clement. Time will tell.
Graham Potter on 18:37 - May 22 with 3878 viewsHeadmaster

Graham Potter on 17:39 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

We’ve made no contact at all according to Ostersund Chairman.

Reports in Sweden say he's "verbally agreed" to join us. Could it be that the club hasn't contacted Ostersunds for permission and just went straight to Potter?
Graham Potter on 18:39 - May 22 with 3856 viewsSwansea93

Graham Potter on 18:11 - May 22 by djdancarter

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/ostersunds-c

No contact with Ostersunds according to their Chairman.

That's what they all say.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Graham Potter on 19:08 - May 22 with 3717 viewsicecoldjack

Graham Potter on 15:30 - May 22 by costalotta

If true I really hope it works out for him and us. A couple of things that stand out for me are whilst his record his good where he’s worked is the same level as bob bobbly and that didn’t work out too well. Also, what contacts is he likely to have? Will he be working with the TD or with HJ?

To be convinced I guess.

Yep, said exactly the same thing the other day. The standard,methods and pressure will be totally different for him here.

He will get my support if he comes here, he couldn't do much worse than some of the bland managers we've had in the last few years and he may even bring a fresh approach to our football .
Graham Potter on 20:39 - May 22 with 3396 viewsBadlands

Because of he Europa Cup taking them through the winter they didn't get their break from November to March and the January transfer window is awkward for Europa Cup and Allsvenskan registration. Always a problem for Swedish teams.
As Östersunds has a limited budget overcoming what was effectively a 12 month season was always going to hinder the start of their league campaign.
I wouldn't read too much into their current position.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Graham Potter on 21:11 - May 22 with 3254 viewsJango

Graham Potter on 16:42 - May 22 by costalotta

Fair comment.

Rodgers, Martinez and Laudrup have been our most successful managers in recent memory. None of those were proven in a top class league. Rodgers was quite the failure at championship level before coming here.
Graham Potter on 21:19 - May 22 with 3194 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 20:39 - May 22 by Badlands

Because of he Europa Cup taking them through the winter they didn't get their break from November to March and the January transfer window is awkward for Europa Cup and Allsvenskan registration. Always a problem for Swedish teams.
As Östersunds has a limited budget overcoming what was effectively a 12 month season was always going to hinder the start of their league campaign.
I wouldn't read too much into their current position.

Bill Reid is his assistant turned us down when he was at Hamilton Accies.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024