Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 116221 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:10 - May 23 with 4628 viewsmoonie

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:40 - May 23 with 4324 viewsjohnlangy

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:10 - May 23 by moonie

Exactly.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:29 - May 23 with 3966 viewsRuDeMan1970

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:40 - May 23 by johnlangy

Exactly.

Precisely. Very well put in all fairness.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:22 - May 23 with 3655 viewscymrojack

Graham Potter on 12:54 - May 23 by LeonWasGod

That sounds good. I don't know why, but I'm struggling to drum up any enthusiasm for him. Most unlike me as I try not to make any judgements until we've seen where new player or manager is taking us. At the moment I feel all a bit 'meh' about him and the club. Maybe it's a relegation hangover.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:22]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Graham Potter on 19:33 - May 23 with 3593 viewsSwansea93

Currently 4-2 up, and as it stands 8th in the table

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Graham Potter on 20:03 - May 23 with 3490 viewsOldjack

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/08/graham-potter-ostersund--europa

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Graham Potter on 20:07 - May 23 with 3466 viewsicecoldjack

Just watched his team win 5-2 . They played some lovely football and if they were up against our current team they'd out play and out pass us with ease . One thing i noticed, the goal keeper always tried to play it out from the back and didn't really hit it long, even when the defence was pressed, so it seems his football would fit right in with what us fans would like to see, they also like to play one touch, something our players seem to have forgotton since Laudrup/RodgersMartinez days.

Their 3 rd goal was vintage Swans under Martinez, keeper passed it through the pressing players to midfield, who took it forward and passed it wide, again between the pressing players out wide to the attacking full back who got to the byline and cut it back to the attacking midfielder who beat a man with his first touch and buried it in the bottom corner. Lovely team goal .

Of course the standard is a lot different, but the movement of his team is quite refreshing to see, and it's probably why they did so well the last few seasons.

The standard is much better than in Norway where bobbly was plying his trade, so it could well be an interesting choice if he comes, i'm starting to change my mind on this Potter guy !
Graham Potter on 20:08 - May 23 with 3462 viewsDr_Winston

If he can improve the movement of our players alone he should do better than the last three incumbents. We're so f*cking static at times.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 20:17 - May 23 with 3422 viewsHighjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:22 - May 23 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:22]

Yep clubs all around the world are clamouring for the managerial talents of Neil Critchley so we’d be incredibly fortunate to lure him here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Graham Potter on 20:25 - May 23 with 3371 viewsicecoldjack

Graham Potter on 20:08 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

If he can improve the movement of our players alone he should do better than the last three incumbents. We're so f*cking static at times.

They passed it and moved Dr.

I'm not going to go overboard on watching one game but it was very much a performance a watching chairman of SCFC would be thinking "he's the one"

Of course , Potter would need footballers to play this kind of game and i'm not sure we actually have them any more, i know where 90% of our passes are going before they've been played ! they telegrapgh them that badly . Potters team team often played the non obvious pass but everyone in that team is on the same page, we struggle to pass between 2 players without there being a fook up !

One goes short and the other hit s it long etc ,etc .

Anyway, he coaches the team the way we'd like to see ours play, not sure if he could do the same here or not but we may find out soon enough .
Graham Potter on 20:38 - May 23 with 3291 viewsDr_Winston

Graham Potter on 20:25 - May 23 by icecoldjack

They passed it and moved Dr.

I'm not going to go overboard on watching one game but it was very much a performance a watching chairman of SCFC would be thinking "he's the one"

Of course , Potter would need footballers to play this kind of game and i'm not sure we actually have them any more, i know where 90% of our passes are going before they've been played ! they telegrapgh them that badly . Potters team team often played the non obvious pass but everyone in that team is on the same page, we struggle to pass between 2 players without there being a fook up !

One goes short and the other hit s it long etc ,etc .

Anyway, he coaches the team the way we'd like to see ours play, not sure if he could do the same here or not but we may find out soon enough .

I'll give you my stock answer. If Mark Gower can play that kind of game, then there's nobody in the current squad who can't be coached to do the same. Even in this era of Quadruple Quadruples, or whatever tinpot shit he's done in Scotland that may remain the crowning achievement of Brendan Rodgers' coaching career.

The squad we got promoted to the Prem with was no better than the one we got relegated with (was worse IMO). Difference is they were well coached, well drilled and playing to a plan. If Potter (or whoever) can bottle that lightning again there's no reason why we can't bounce straight back.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Graham Potter on 20:40 - May 23 with 3261 viewskarnataka

Graham Potter on 20:08 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

I've been saying exactly that for the last 3 seasons.
Graham Potter on 20:41 - May 23 with 3255 viewsmagicdaps10

Any decent players at Ostersund he could bring with him?

I remember we had their centre half on trial a couple of yearsback.......papadolupoius or something like that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 20:44 - May 23 with 3223 viewsJackfath

Graham Potter on 20:41 - May 23 by magicdaps10

I remember we had their centre half on trial a couple of yearsback.......papadolupoius or something like that.

Doesn't he own a launderette in Albert Square?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Graham Potter on 20:53 - May 23 with 3157 viewsBadlands

Non that offer anything we don't have ... but they would know the Potter way of doing things and that would help generally.

Ken Sema is really quick - bit like Barrow but stronger build.
Ghoddos has been mentioned but I'm not sure we need a poor man's Jordan in attack.
Curtis Edwards could be pushing for a place
TBH - none would command a place if our expected retainees remain.

The success of Östersunds is built on Potter's coaching and organisation.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:00 - May 23 with 3127 viewscymrojack

Graham Potter on 20:17 - May 23 by Highjack

Yep clubs all around the world are clamouring for the managerial talents of Neil Critchley so we’d be incredibly fortunate to lure him here.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:23]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Graham Potter on 00:05 - May 24 with 2946 viewsHighjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:00 - May 23 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:23]

I’m not a doctor either but I still wouldn’t want Harold shipman treating my grans psoriasis.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Graham Potter on 00:23 - May 24 with 2914 viewsJacket

When we went up, we had no star men, our style of play was our star man. It's once we started going after the "stars" with lucrative deals such as Goalmis and Ayew and abandoned the style of play that got us there that the shite started hitting the fan. You can't underestimate what a good coach can do, look at us when we went up, look at Bournemouth under Eddie Howe - OK they've gone after some big names and splashed out some cash on flops like Ibe, but none of those "stars" have really improved their side, it's their gameplan, the way thy're set up and the way they're coached that's kept them up comfortably. Is Potter the man to restore this club, we really can't tell, but how many of us started doing cartwheels when we heard Rodgers was coming? My reaction was WTF to be honest.
Graham Potter on 00:24 - May 24 with 2910 viewsWarwickHunt

Graham Potter on 00:05 - May 24 by Highjack

I’m not a doctor either but I still wouldn’t want Harold shipman treating my grans psoriasis.

You're not in her will then?
Graham Potter on 01:16 - May 24 with 2845 viewsDJack

Graham Potter on 11:34 - May 23 by Joe_bradshaw

I preferred Guides.

Each to their own...

...What did the judge say to you during sentencing?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Graham Potter on 04:53 - May 24 with 2741 viewsicecoldjack

Graham Potter on 20:38 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

I'll give you my stock answer. If Mark Gower can play that kind of game, then there's nobody in the current squad who can't be coached to do the same. Even in this era of Quadruple Quadruples, or whatever tinpot shit he's done in Scotland that may remain the crowning achievement of Brendan Rodgers' coaching career.

The squad we got promoted to the Prem with was no better than the one we got relegated with (was worse IMO). Difference is they were well coached, well drilled and playing to a plan. If Potter (or whoever) can bottle that lightning again there's no reason why we can't bounce straight back.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fair point, but there are a few major factors over looked, for sure players can be coached but will a new manager have the time and support to do that if results don't go his way ?
and will the players be receptive to going out of their comfort zones and playing a style of football they are perhaps not comfortable with ?
Graham Potter on 04:56 - May 24 with 2740 viewsGlyn1

Graham Potter on 04:53 - May 24 by icecoldjack

Fair point, but there are a few major factors over looked, for sure players can be coached but will a new manager have the time and support to do that if results don't go his way ?
and will the players be receptive to going out of their comfort zones and playing a style of football they are perhaps not comfortable with ?

It's 4:53 in Swansea, shouldn't you be asleep??

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Graham Potter on 05:03 - May 24 with 2725 viewsicecoldjack

Graham Potter on 20:41 - May 23 by magicdaps10

There was one player,can't remember his name or number, maybe number 3 on his shirt ,looks a wonderful player, a lot of things seemed to go through him pretty much like leon in his pomp, he dropped and always looked for space to receive the ball not like our statues !

Looks a wonderful footballer, think he's on loan from Gent and is a Swedish under 19 international .

Different standard of football of course but from what i saw last night i'd take him over Clucas,Carol and Mesa any day .
Graham Potter on 07:57 - May 24 with 2586 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck to Mr Potter.

Huw has gone young and unproven again.
It worked with Bobby and Brenda so who knows.
Monk was a disaster.
Clemo saved us, then lost his way.

Its a gamble.

Beware of the Risen People

Graham Potter on 08:19 - May 24 with 2539 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 07:57 - May 24 by Kilkennyjack

Good luck to Mr Potter.

Huw has gone young and unproven again.
It worked with Bobby and Brenda so who knows.
Monk was a disaster.
Clemo saved us, then lost his way.

Its a gamble.

Alot of people will say Monk was not a disaster because of the success in the first season. I don't agree though, the warning signs were there. He was the start of the decline.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024