Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being hungry 18:48 - May 22 with 6999 viewsJackfath

What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without food for? I hate being hungry and have to eat regularly although some people I know can go a day or two without food no problems.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Being hungry on 22:55 - May 22 with 2070 viewsLord_Bony

Being hungry on 22:12 - May 22 by BLAZE

11 days. Didn't feel too bad, just dizziness if I got up too quick. The hunger passes. I barely left bed in that time, I imagine it would've been a different story had I been at all active

Yez bur be careful your muscles dont waste away.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Being hungry on 23:29 - May 22 with 2032 viewslondontaffia

Being hungry on 21:15 - May 22 by N_T_J

Bear Grylls said 7 days

Ed’s a nice guy but don’t believe everything he says, I’ve stayed on his boat in Chelsea and worked with him in a Kenya, depending on body shape and general health, you can go at least 8.....

Poll: How loyal are you really?

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:31 - May 22 with 2028 viewslondontaffia

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:05 - May 22 by BrynCartwright

Stirling or Credenhill?

Credenhill.....

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Being hungry on 00:33 - May 23 with 1999 viewsDJack

Being hungry on 20:23 - May 22 by londontaffia

When I was based out of Hereford, I once spent 3 weeks in a Belize jungle eating nothing but bugs and plants, I lost over 2 stone......

If that were true then you weren't based in Hereford but you may possibly have been trying to get there Walter...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Being hungry on 04:05 - May 23 with 1978 viewsdameedna

I dont eat anything until 6pm but drink coffee tea and water unless i am going out at night when i will have a lunch.

If I try the no eating after 230 i would struggle with not drinking.
Being hungry on 17:36 - May 25 with 1805 viewsLord_Bony

Being hungry on 20:35 - May 22 by peenemunde

Unless I’m going out for an evening meal, I don’t eat after 2.30 pm.
I have done this for many years and the results are profound.
Intermittent fasting and putting your body into a ketogenic state, where you actually burn fat to fuel your body and not refined sugar etc, is what people should try to achieve, as your life/health will be transformed.

Well I’ve just started the ketogenic diet approximately three days ago.

Lots of vegetables raw, salads oils fish chicken cheese et cetera it really is a delicious diet and very easy the health affects of putting the body into a state of ketosis is well documented and very beneficial.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Being hungry on 18:39 - May 25 with 1776 viewsLeonWasGod

Intermittent fasting and putting your body into a ketogenic state, where you actually burn fat to fuel your body and not refined sugar etc, is what people should try to achieve, as your life/health will be transformed.

Aye, the results are profound. It makes you post sh*te on football forums

Seriously though, ketogenesis isn't good for you if taken to extreme. I know it's a trend, but it's one of those things where people see positive effects and so assume the more they do the better. But not so. Better to just cut out that refined sugar and eat nutrient dense foods, than to eat junk and then try to starve it out of your system (not that I'm assuming you do that, but some see it as a cure all).
Being hungry on 18:50 - May 25 with 1769 viewsLeonWasGod

Being hungry on 17:36 - May 25 by Lord_Bony

Lots of vegetables raw, salads oils fish chicken cheese et cetera it really is a delicious diet and very easy the health affects of putting the body into a state of ketosis is well documented and very beneficial.

Yes, it's highly promoted. This is worth a listen though if you've the time (and shouldn't we all make time to consider what may be best for us).

I'm not preaching, I'm even hypocritical as I don't follow their view, but I'm thinking I should. It's a highly charged, emotive and masculine topic (real men eat blood dripping steak, etc). But worth a listen with an open mind imo. And it's not mumbo jumbo - Rich Roll is an intelligent, college-educated guy, former lawyer, and walks the talk. His material is genuine and not recyled crap off the internet.
Login to get fewer ads

Being hungry on 19:28 - May 25 with 1750 viewspeenemunde

Being hungry on 18:39 - May 25 by LeonWasGod

Aye, the results are profound. It makes you post sh*te on football forums

Seriously though, ketogenesis isn't good for you if taken to extreme. I know it's a trend, but it's one of those things where people see positive effects and so assume the more they do the better. But not so. Better to just cut out that refined sugar and eat nutrient dense foods, than to eat junk and then try to starve it out of your system (not that I'm assuming you do that, but some see it as a cure all).

It’s not a trend for me at all. I still consume at least 2500 calories each day, but they are consumed within an 8 hour window.

So nothing dangerous about it at all, just a case in my opinion of going back to what hunter gatherers once did and away from what we have in today’s society of gluttony, which is killing people every day.
Being hungry on 19:33 - May 25 with 1746 viewspeenemunde

Being hungry on 17:36 - May 25 by Lord_Bony

It is and well done and good luck.
They key as far as i see it is to fast, for at least 12 hours a day (doesn’t mean not drink)
Being hungry on 17:57 - May 26 with 1661 viewswizardwade

im coming to the end of my 6 week rotation in the middle east, ive been working nights so I have a meal about 1730 decent meal size with a fairly big dessert then I don't eat till 1730 the next day.
I drink shit loads of water (its very warm at night mind) and after the 2nd or 3rd night I don't even feel hungry between meals.
I weigh everyday and I'm losing almost a kg over 24 hrs everyday.
ive lost almost 2 stone so I'm well happy!
I feel fitter and more healthy.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 2:21]
Being hungry on 12:33 - May 27 with 1580 viewsdameedna

Aye that is about right. I will eat after 6pm in the evening and stop at 8pm. Probably a few alcoholic drinks wine or spirits. Got to be 3000 calories plus. No dessert. Then water coffee tea until 6pm the next day. 22 hours. Interested to hear it may work for others. I am in my mind tearing up the pitch. I need to control the energy away from temper or aggression which is a bit like hungry dogs. It also hasn't stopped me posting shit though quite the contrary.
Being hungry on 10:39 - May 28 with 1511 viewsSTID2017

Are you the same guy who was saying that veggie is best a little while ago, under a different username ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Being hungry on 21:48 - May 28 with 1449 viewsphact0rri

The original OP. I suffer from anorexia, and though I've learned to tell myself truth vs what I see in the mirror when I was younger I had some bad starvation habits and friends (mostly women) who would be right there with me thinking of ways to go on as long as fasts as one can. The longest I went was 5 days with nothing. Though I'd regularly go 14 day spans with just nibbles here and there-- I rarely ate much at all. Going vegan at that time was probably not the smartest as it just enabled my family not to really notice I wasn't eating much at all until I was hospitalized. Thats when I finally started getting mental help and the realization my head was not right started coming out.

I do still fast once a year, but I do just a weekend as part of a ritual to focus on myself and deal with baggage in my head. But don't worry about me I'm much better now, than I was a kid. Though recently I had some serious medical problems and really did gain a ton of weight-- but I'm excited to lose it proper like and get back into my regular fitness routine instead of just starving myself.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024