Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system 09:17 - May 23 with 3717 viewsowainglyndwr

For South Wales
Thats another big pot of money being spent in the East then
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 09:31 - May 23 with 3678 viewsswan65split

Does the UK own anything these days? ...its unbelievable....I blame the Thatch.
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 10:46 - May 23 with 3622 viewsJonathans_coat

KeolisAmey simply cannot be worse than Arriva.

Raise usage has doubled in Wales in 15 years, yet Arriva have purchased exactly zero new trains in that time. Most rolling stock is 30-40 years old, unreliable, shabby and uncomfortable. I have been to many developing countries with significantly better rail services.

KeolisAmey admit it will take at least 5 years to get to an acceptable level! Their contract ends in 2033. Will we see a Swansea bay metro or anything of the like before then? I doubt it.
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 14:03 - May 23 with 3489 viewsjohnlangy

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 10:46 - May 23 by Jonathans_coat

KeolisAmey simply cannot be worse than Arriva.

Raise usage has doubled in Wales in 15 years, yet Arriva have purchased exactly zero new trains in that time. Most rolling stock is 30-40 years old, unreliable, shabby and uncomfortable. I have been to many developing countries with significantly better rail services.

KeolisAmey admit it will take at least 5 years to get to an acceptable level! Their contract ends in 2033. Will we see a Swansea bay metro or anything of the like before then? I doubt it.

I'm no defender of Arriva but the contract they were given did not require new trains or an increase in capacity because the WAG believed there'd be no increase in passenger numbers.

Hopefully they employed Mystic Meg before giving out the latest contract.
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 16:13 - May 23 with 3408 viewsSwanzay

What a surprise!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-44218076
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 18:17 - May 23 with 3301 viewsNeath_Jack

I was working from an office in the shadows of the Principality Stadium today, was magnificent walking around the city at lunch time. I'd love Swansea City centre to be half as nice as that place. In fairness to Swansea Council, they do issue some fantastic proposals as to how they're going to improve the place. Just a shame they never follow through with them, apart from the basket case projects, such as bendy buses and shite boulevards.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 21:32 - May 23 with 3178 viewsJonathans_coat

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 16:13 - May 23 by Swanzay

What a surprise!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-44218076

Another much needed investment for the capital! About time it had some money put into it, it’s been at least a week since the last multi million pound development project was annouced!
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 22:00 - May 23 with 3147 viewsmax936

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 18:17 - May 23 by Neath_Jack

I was working from an office in the shadows of the Principality Stadium today, was magnificent walking around the city at lunch time. I'd love Swansea City centre to be half as nice as that place. In fairness to Swansea Council, they do issue some fantastic proposals as to how they're going to improve the place. Just a shame they never follow through with them, apart from the basket case projects, such as bendy buses and shite boulevards.

The Boulevard looks shabby as fuk now, was looking at it last weekend needs a fecking good clean as a starter.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 22:47 - May 23 with 3100 viewsjack2jack

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 18:17 - May 23 by Neath_Jack

The Bendy bus scheme was an unmitigated disaster, a waste of millions that could have and should have been spent elsewhere, not sure I agree with you about the Boulevard scheme TBH, it's a pity that money wasn't available to finish it, as first proposed.
As for the metro in Cardiff, quelle fooking surprise.The rest of Wales is being left to rot, whilst Cardiff and its environs are getting funding left right and centre, makes me sick.
Login to get fewer ads

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 23:26 - May 23 with 3041 viewsAmbergambler

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 22:00 - May 23 by max936

The Boulevard looks shabby as fuk now, was looking at it last weekend needs a fecking good clean as a starter.

Where is the 'boulevard'? I honestly don't know. Is it the wider pavements near Sainsburys?
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 06:59 - May 24 with 2971 viewsNeath_Jack

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 22:47 - May 23 by jack2jack

The Bendy bus scheme was an unmitigated disaster, a waste of millions that could have and should have been spent elsewhere, not sure I agree with you about the Boulevard scheme TBH, it's a pity that money wasn't available to finish it, as first proposed.
As for the metro in Cardiff, quelle fooking surprise.The rest of Wales is being left to rot, whilst Cardiff and its environs are getting funding left right and centre, makes me sick.

The boulevard is ok if you need to walk somewhere with your broken dreams.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 11:31 - Jun 4 with 1842 viewsJonathans_coat

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-44316772

Must say I am mildly optimistic about this. Although I am disappointed by the huge Cardiff and Valleys bias/disparity. No specific mention of Swansea or SW Wales at all? Odd, but not that surprised. New trains, refurbed stations, increased capacity and frequency all sound promising.

Swansea Bay metro with new mumbles tram would be a good use for some of the £500 mil saved by not electrifying the Cardiff to Swansea line. But I won’t be holding my breath.
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 12:21 - Jun 4 with 1784 viewsmax936

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 09:31 - May 23 by swan65split

Does the UK own anything these days? ...its unbelievable....I blame the Thatch.

The Rail service is atrocious for the fares they charge took Lad down to Neath Station for half 2 train to Reading and that train the one an hour before and after had been cancelled no Drivers ffs, lad got back to his flat in Horsham just before 10pm had to be up at 5 to catch train to Gatwick for his shift at half 6, Country is fuked.

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 13:19 - Jun 4 with 1721 viewspencoedjack

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 22:47 - May 23 by jack2jack

But all those people ‘in the rest of Wales’ continue to vote Labour

As you say the money spent in Cardiff is sickening
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 13:40 - Jun 4 with 1681 viewsmax936

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 23:26 - May 23 by Ambergambler

Where is the 'boulevard'? I honestly don't know. Is it the wider pavements near Sainsburys?

Yeah running down the centre of the road, cost a bastard fortune to.

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 14:03 - Jun 4 with 1645 viewsJonathans_coat

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 11:31 - Jun 4 by Jonathans_coat

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-44316772

Must say I am mildly optimistic about this. Although I am disappointed by the huge Cardiff and Valleys bias/disparity. No specific mention of Swansea or SW Wales at all? Odd, but not that surprised. New trains, refurbed stations, increased capacity and frequency all sound promising.

Swansea Bay metro with new mumbles tram would be a good use for some of the £500 mil saved by not electrifying the Cardiff to Swansea line. But I won’t be holding my breath.

Ok, I’m slightly less optimistic now. Checked the transport for Wales website for any specific improvements/plans for Swansea and area. All I found was a revamp for Llanelli station, and one extra train per day on the Heart Of Wales line. Both to be delivered by 2024!

It baffles me how an organisation called Transport for WALES can not include one single mention of Wales’s second biggest city!
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 14:03]
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 14:33 - Jun 4 with 1617 viewswestside

Why hasn't an operator for the Swansea Bay Metro been appointed by WAG ?
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 14:42 - Jun 4 with 1597 viewscontroversial_jack

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 13:19 - Jun 4 by pencoedjack

But all those people ‘in the rest of Wales’ continue to vote Labour

As you say the money spent in Cardiff is sickening

Would any other party be different?
Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 16:14 - Jun 4 with 1525 viewsSPboy

Unrecognisable new rail & Metro system on 14:42 - Jun 4 by controversial_jack

Would any other party be different?

The question that I would ask is could any other party be more Cardiff biased or more incompetent than the current lot ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024