Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down 21:13 - May 23 with 8301 viewsTrundle10

Genuine question.. do you want us to go back up next season? Or drop another division to prove you are proper fans?
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 22:47 - May 23 with 2380 viewsFireboy2

I dont think anyone WANTED us relegated,they like myself wouldnt let it get us down if we got relegated

I call it PMA and i think there are a few on this board who should use it
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 00:03 - May 24 with 2330 viewsomarjack

I think many fans have a serious lack of confidence and fear of failure,they rather not see the club succeeding. "we'll win more matches in the Championship/We're tired of a relegation battle after another etc"

And some of their complaints are rightfully founded tbf..But that doesn't mean they should succumb to their fears and insecurity about the club they support..

And I say F*ck that..We want to see a Swansea City FC that pushes as hard as it can,battle it out with the big teams and put Swansea on the map again..Rather than spending our lives going at dross like Bolton or Birmingham or some other small time sh!t teams.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 08:29 - May 24 with 2256 viewsglobus10

First game 1969, villa or Bristol rovers , saw both over a bank holiday and can't remember which was first because I was 8. Regular since 1976, season ticket holder for 17 years then had spells where I just paid on the day but did'nt have a season. Then started to miss a few due to other commitments. However picked my games and went away a bit. However had a season ticket again for last two years and can honestly say it's the most miserable two years supporting the club with the exception of a Everton home last year and a couple of games against Arsenal and maybe Liverpool. I for one wouldn't call Bolton and Brum small time and looking forward to the new season. But hey that's our new breed of fans. We had a great spell , top ten finishes and a major trophy. Time to regroup now and stabilise.
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 08:49 - May 24 with 2238 viewsmoonie

Its to show others what great long lasting loyal fans they are.On internet anyway.

Seem to recall the infamous "hard miles" postings. where were you etc,

Some might have wanted us t go down so they could have access to more tickets and sit next their chums.

Pitiful really
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 22:37 - May 24 with 2089 viewsJokeren1943

Would gladly wait 5-10 years until Swansea play attractive football again.

Right now it is more fun to talk with my mother in law then see Swansea play.
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 22:50 - May 24 with 2070 viewsSgorioFruit

I was a bit gutted after the Southampton game
I was a bit gutted after the 1-1 draw with everton only to find out Huddersfield had struck a 91st minute winning goal.
I knew then that we had blown it.

But since the stoke game I couldn't really give a toss. Its strange, im gutted a few weeks ago but couldn't care less now. The reason why, ive told myself that I am off my head if I have to go to work each day and work so hard in my career, and uni studies and looking after my family whilst going down the liberty stadium to watch some over paid pansies who couldn't be bothered to kick a ball with the intention of moving up the attacking end of the field and just invite teams to overtake us in the league. Players smashed west ham to bits and then decided they didn't want to stay in the premier league.

on that note, fack em all. I will support the club and wish them to win every week, but everyone at the club from the owners down to the players needed a good kick up the arse and a massive reality check. And now I hope they have got it.
Its the fans I feel sorry for.
Championship football, if played under a manager and a set of players who want to play for the club, will be entertaining to watch.
I've already forgot about the premier league.

Now if Newport county got relegated last season on the final day against notts county , instead of their dramatic survival escape, then that really would have been what you call traumatic. Because they fought so hard to stay in the league, when their manager Flynn took over they really battled hard for the club and got themselves out the crap and fully deserved to stay up.

Swansea fully deserved to go down for the way they imploded like they did. And I for one wont grieve. It suited us,
[Post edited 24 May 2018 22:56]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 22:52 - May 24 with 2064 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 08:09 - May 25 with 1972 viewspencoedjack

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 08:29 - May 24 by globus10

First game 1969, villa or Bristol rovers , saw both over a bank holiday and can't remember which was first because I was 8. Regular since 1976, season ticket holder for 17 years then had spells where I just paid on the day but did'nt have a season. Then started to miss a few due to other commitments. However picked my games and went away a bit. However had a season ticket again for last two years and can honestly say it's the most miserable two years supporting the club with the exception of a Everton home last year and a couple of games against Arsenal and maybe Liverpool. I for one wouldn't call Bolton and Brum small time and looking forward to the new season. But hey that's our new breed of fans. We had a great spell , top ten finishes and a major trophy. Time to regroup now and stabilise.

I had a chuckle at a fan ours calling Brum & Bolton small time.

Nice post.
Login to get fewer ads

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 08:31 - May 25 with 1958 viewsswanforthemoney

I wanted us to stay up, natrurally. So my comment might be deemed off topic.
All the same, now we are down I’d rather see us get the club on a firm footing and playing decent football than get promoted whilst remaining in the state of turmoil we have been in for the last season or two.
The main thing is to avoid a Sunderland scenario, or worse.
Regardless of promotion I’d be happy if we get this new manager bedded in and get some young, uncomplicated, exciting players on the books.
I’m looking forward to next season. Games like one that springs to mind against Doncaster in the promotion season. The sun was shining on the East Stand, and we got there left back in such a state he was subbed after about 20 minutes, his replacement couldn’t handle Dyer either and we made loads of chances in a 3 goal performance.

I stand in the North Stand

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 10:29 - May 25 with 1901 viewsJJJack

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 22:50 - May 24 by SgorioFruit

I was a bit gutted after the 1-1 draw with everton only to find out Huddersfield had struck a 91st minute winning goal.

But since the stoke game I couldn't really give a toss. Its strange, im gutted a few weeks ago but couldn't care less now. The reason why, ive told myself that I am off my head if I have to go to work each day and work so hard in my career, and uni studies and looking after my family whilst going down the liberty stadium to watch some over paid pansies who couldn't be bothered to kick a ball with the intention of moving up the attacking end of the field and just invite teams to overtake us in the league. Players smashed west ham to bits and then decided they didn't want to stay in the premier league.

on that note, fack em all. I will support the club and wish them to win every week, but everyone at the club from the owners down to the players needed a good kick up the arse and a massive reality check. And now I hope they have got it.
Championship football, if played under a manager and a set of players who want to play for the club, will be entertaining to watch.

Now if Newport county got relegated last season on the final day against notts county , instead of their dramatic survival escape, then that really would have been what you call traumatic. Because they fought so hard to stay in the league, when their manager Flynn took over they really battled hard for the club and got themselves out the crap and fully deserved to stay up.

Swansea fully deserved to go down for the way they imploded like they did. And I for one wont grieve. It suited us,

One of the best posts I've read on here in years.

I conceded after the Saints game. But the Swans were so spineless so that we found ourselves laughing about it on the long, miserable trip back to Bristol. 3 out of 4 of us hadn't renewed anyway for broadly the same reasons as you state. Any institution just does not deserve to succeed when so badly run & organised. Entertainment wise if next season was worse than the one just finished I'd be astonished.
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 10:49 - May 25 with 1869 viewsZaxx

Well put SF.

I travelled to the Brighton match and watched very same players capitulate. I honestly believe that result (and performance) was pivotal to our eventual demise.

I have renewed (as one does) and am now looking forward to my usual two to three away matches per season at some more entertaining venues with the hope that aforementioned prima donnas will have facked off and we'll have some players with a pair of danglies and some passion to cheer on.
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 11:00 - May 25 with 1857 viewsawayjack

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 10:49 - May 25 by Zaxx

Well put SF.

I travelled to the Brighton match and watched very same players capitulate. I honestly believe that result (and performance) was pivotal to our eventual demise.

I have renewed (as one does) and am now looking forward to my usual two to three away matches per season at some more entertaining venues with the hope that aforementioned prima donnas will have facked off and we'll have some players with a pair of danglies and some passion to cheer on.

Brighton was woeful. Due to club cock up on tickets a few of us went into the Brighton supporters. A few twigged we were Swansea fans and offered fairly sincere sympathy at what they said was the weakest team they'd played all season. Pathetic effort and set the tone for the remainder of our away performances.
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 11:05 - May 25 with 1855 views34dfgdf54

Great post.

Even though relegation was inevitable after the Southampton game, I was still devastated when it was confirmed after the Stoke game for a few days but now I'm seriously looking forward to next summer.

The club needed a clear out, there is too much dead wood here getting paid ridiculous salaries. IF we keep the likes of the Ayew brothers we will have a real go next year, I can't see it happening but if Bony stays fit, he'll make serious hay in the Championship aswell. The squad as it is needs about 5 additions of real quality , and hopefully Potter can be the man to do this with the scout he's bringing and Jenkins keeping his beak out.
People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 13:22 - May 25 with 1816 viewsBadlands

I really didn't want us to be relegated because that means we've been poor.
But, in the Champinship we should be looking to challenge for top six and have something other than survival to aim for.
It will also be nice to see a few more wins.
I only go to watch the Swans so the opposition isn't important.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 16:31 - May 25 with 1749 viewsymaohyd

The Swans didn't deserve to stay in the PL.

Anything is possible to stay up and achieve some notable wins in doing so, which we have achieved many times over the past 7 seasons.

The PL, however, doesn't allow for young players to be given a chance or generally a young manager to be given an opportunity, the power of money dictates , dubious decisions are made , just to stay on the tv money gravy train.

Personally i'm glad we were relegated, to allow us to re-group and become a proper club again. That is, a young manager, young players all given a chance to make a name for themselves. Personally i find that a great deal more enjoyable than watching crap in the PL.

That said, yet again our search for a new manager is turning into another cock up. The whole business with Potter doesn't seem as if we are doing things the right way, if their chairman is accurate in what he says.

It appears to once again point to the club being a joke behind the scenes. Quite simply we haven't got time to be dicking around with this guy. I get he wants to oversee their game tomorrow and then take over the Swans on Monday, that ain't going to happen though if we haven't even had the courtesy to talk to their chairman.

What it points to is another long drawn out situation that Jenkins is unfortunately known for and therefore killing any enthusiasm and hope that people have for next season.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 18:45 - May 25 with 1705 viewsBadlands

Wouldn't expect anything to come from Sweden before their long mid-season break (starts at the weekend).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 08:03 - May 26 with 1629 viewsWhiterockin

People Who Wanted Us To Go Down on 22:13 - May 23 by majorraglan

I want the Club to go straight back up to the PL, Champions would be nice but I would take any of the 3 promotion spots.

If the Trust’s shares had been bought and the Trust was sitting on a £21m nest egg for that rainy day, then I might have had a different view if it meant the Trust could take control of the club.
A club owned by the fans for the fans........
[Post edited 23 May 2018 22:14]

TBH do you honestly think that the trust, in its current form, is capable of running the club properly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024