Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daft things old boys say /used to say 22:26 - May 23 with 4134 viewsdickythorpe

My grandfather always insisted on calling the council the "cooperation ".

Plus a local man who sadly has terminal cancer said to me today "once the stitches in my leg are out they are going to cut my leg off"

Plus breaking the silence at a pleasant christening a couple.of years ago, am enraged uncle of mine yelled at my dad, " do you know what winds me up bill? People who dial the fire.brigade for no reason!"
Daft things old boys say /used to say on 18:47 - May 24 with 892 viewsVetchfielder

Pass me my woodbine, there's a good boy

Proud to have been one of the 231

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 18:48 - May 24 with 892 viewsVetchfielder

Huw Jenkins, now there's an honest and honourable man for you

Proud to have been one of the 231

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 18:53 - May 24 with 886 viewsAnotherJohn

Corporation was often used for council.
Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:06 - May 24 with 856 viewsFlashberryjack

The "Whipper In" will have you.

Anyone heard that one ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:06 - May 24 with 855 viewsbluenile

The first ever supermarket was called Fine fare, but my old Scottish gran would turn to my mother and say "If ye're going shopping on Saturday, could you get me a pound o' butter from the funfair?"

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:09 - May 24 with 849 viewsbluenile

I played guitar from a young age, and one day I visited my gran and she said "I've found one of yer ping pongs?"............I looked totally baffled until she went off and came back with a plectrum...............

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:09 - May 24 with 849 viewsWingstandwood

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:06 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

The "Whipper In" will have you.

Anyone heard that one ?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, memories a term I had not heard for decades until now, the mitch-man or school attendance officer he was.

Argus!

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:19 - May 24 with 827 viewsFlashberryjack

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:09 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, memories a term I had not heard for decades until now, the mitch-man or school attendance officer he was.

He couldn't catch me...that's why I'm thick as f*ck.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:30 - May 24 with 808 viewsWingstandwood

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:19 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

He couldn't catch me...that's why I'm thick as f*ck.

My mother always used the' Whipper-In' as the nuclear option threat to get me to school, in fact until now I had previously thought it was a word exclusive to my mother because she's the only person I ever heard use it.

Argus!

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:43 - May 24 with 790 viewsFlashberryjack

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:30 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

My mother always used the' Whipper-In' as the nuclear option threat to get me to school, in fact until now I had previously thought it was a word exclusive to my mother because she's the only person I ever heard use it.

Same here.

Hello

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:44 - May 24 with 789 viewsAmbergambler

When we had to get money from the bank we always said we had to 'rise money'.
The first time I said this to an English person they laughed and said you can't 'rise' money.
So is this a Welsh thing or just my family?
Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:49 - May 24 with 778 viewsFlashberryjack

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:44 - May 24 by Ambergambler

When we had to get money from the bank we always said we had to 'rise money'.
The first time I said this to an English person they laughed and said you can't 'rise' money.
So is this a Welsh thing or just my family?

Yeah! we used the term "rise money" from the bank, not that we ever had much in there.

In fact looking back, we hardly had a pot to p*ss in.

Hello

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:51 - May 24 with 770 viewsAmbergambler

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 19:49 - May 24 by Flashberryjack

Yeah! we used the term "rise money" from the bank, not that we ever had much in there.

In fact looking back, we hardly had a pot to p*ss in.

Thanks, Flash - not just us then.
Daft things old boys say /used to say on 20:07 - May 24 with 740 viewswaynekerr55

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 18:14 - May 24 by dickythorpe

Weather's original involved?

Sounds a bit Michael Fishy to me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 20:28 - May 24 with 720 viewsDan_Swan

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 23:28 - May 23 by SoberBaker

Was he from Penclawdd?

Beat me to that one, the old man is from there. Called me a Weow the other day too!
[Post edited 24 May 2018 20:31]

Still following Dr's orders!

Daft things old boys say /used to say on 20:53 - May 24 with 697 viewsBanosswan

My grandmother enjoys planting her dehydrangeas in the spring.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024