Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dineen on Swansea Sound 10:00 - May 24 with 37196 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just caught a snippet on the news.
Says cash flow is a problem. They don't want any redundancies in staff but will have to cut back on the playing side.
Relegation clauses are in place but these don't come into effect until July hence cash issues.
I guess this might have come from an interview on STID last night.
I might have got this wrong but it sounded like jobs for the boys are safe. We cut the playing staff and don't expect any action until July.
Also what is he doing as club spokesman? Seems like anyone will do provided it is not Jenkins.
Did anyone hear the full interview?
[Post edited 24 May 2018 10:48]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:57 - May 24 with 3799 viewsNeathJack

Why are there cash flow issues between now and July?

What income that would have been received between now and July that has suddenly stopped due to relegation?

Sky payments have already been received to cover this period.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:01 - May 24 with 3780 viewskarnataka

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:57 - May 24 by NeathJack

What income that would have been received between now and July that has suddenly stopped due to relegation?

It's a smokescreen to cover the fact that we won't be making any early signings.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:06 - May 24 with 3745 viewsjasper_T

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:57 - May 24 by NeathJack

When do they pay the final league position payments? We're a few million short off the normal figure there.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:12 - May 24 with 3722 viewsNeathJack

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:06 - May 24 by jasper_T

When do they pay the final league position payments? We're a few million short off the normal figure there.

Possibly but even if there were the case, it shows complete and utter mismanagement to leave the club in this position in the event of ending up 18th.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:26 - May 24 with 3656 viewsGowerjack

Cost savings

Pearlman £750k - Has achieved the square root of fùck all.

Jenkins £500k - The useless arrogant incompetent fùckwit that has got us in this mess.

Sack both of the cūnts.

That's £1.25 million saved straight away.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:30 - May 24 with 3627 viewsdickythorpe

No one is affecting them at all. Treating us with impunity
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:45 - May 24 with 3576 viewswaynekerr55

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:24 - May 24 by Highjack

I’m fairly certain the cash flow problem doesn’t affect the individuals involved in the sale.

Very true that. Funny how no journalist has questioned them when they awarded themselves 100% pay rises in the year prior to the sale, when cashflow was a big issue.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:05 - May 24 with 3498 viewsLeonWasGod

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 11:35 - May 24 by magicdaps10

He definitely made that statement did Jenkins.

The sale guaranteed the future of the club to an extent that it would not hit the club even if the worse happened.

So, the fun begins............lies and deceit are appearing again.

Yes he did as I said at the top of the thread. I remember that being one of the main justifications for the sale; I think he even used the sale of Shelvey as an example of how they were struggling before. And that the sale would make that type of scenario a thing of the past. (Unless I'm getting confused with stuff I've read on here).

But we know the lies around the sale, and we know how the Americans operate. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The sooner we get new owners the better.
Login to get fewer ads

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:05 - May 24 with 3499 viewsjasper_T

It's not like we should be spending any money until we've sold off half a dozen first team players, anyway. That'll solve cashflow problems right away.

It's the end of year balance sheet that needs careful attention.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:08 - May 24 with 3488 viewsmagicdaps10

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:05 - May 24 by LeonWasGod

Yes he did as I said at the top of the thread. I remember that being one of the main justifications for the sale; I think he even used the sale of Shelvey as an example of how they were struggling before. And that the sale would make that type of scenario a thing of the past. (Unless I'm getting confused with stuff I've read on here).

But we know the lies around the sale, and we know how the Americans operate. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The sooner we get new owners the better.

You are 100% right, he did use Shelvey sale as an example.

Looks like the excuses are being put in place already, ignorantly forgetting previous quotes by themselves.

I am starting to think that they are actually more dull than manipulative.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:10 - May 24 with 3473 viewsLeonWasGod

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:08 - May 24 by magicdaps10

Looks like the excuses are being put in place already, ignorantly forgetting previous quotes by themselves.

I suspect a combination of the two!
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:13 - May 24 with 3464 viewswobbly

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:08 - May 24 by magicdaps10

Dull? In a thread talking about Leigh? Surely not.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:14 - May 24 with 3459 viewsJonathans_coat

Can anyone tell me what Leigh Dineen actually does as a Vice Chairman?

Jase and Steve are the top dogs and owners (de facto Club presidents/chairmen)
The board members are thier direct underlings and advisors (including HJ in here after TD announcement)

Under them
COO - Pearlman (non-football chief), New TD - TBC (football chief)

Under them
Head coach - TBC
And all assistants, analysts, coaches ect.

So where does LD fit in this hierchy? What are his responsibilities? How much is he paid? Who does he report to? By what measure can his contribution and performance be measured?
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:17 - May 24 with 3449 viewsmagicdaps10

So this "cash flow" situation, Where are the investors who were ready to put 10m into the club during the Jan transfer window?
Are they not team players now, ready to help with this "cash flow" situation!?

This is a ludicrous situation, a vending machine business owner is spouting things like this on radio after recent statements contradicting his claim........once again it looks like lies from Jenkins and co once again.

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:26 - May 24 with 3408 viewsawayjack

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 13:01 - May 24 by karnataka

It's a smokescreen to cover the fact that we won't be making any early signings.

That was my immediate thought. Roll up a few liars in the media saying the same thing and it'll shit many of our naive fans up.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:26 - May 24 with 3405 viewsjasper_T

If we had £10m in the bank people would be screaming about dividends and asking why it wasn't spent on more sht players to try to stave off the drop. Cashflow problems at this time of year are hardly ludicrous. It's not ideal but we've taken a massive hit in status and income, and expenses will take some time to adjust. The rainy day fund (and overdraft) only stretches so far.

It's a bad situation to be in but not unexpected given what has happened. Relegation clauses will activate, players will be sold, and if everyone does their jobs properly there'll be enough money in the bank to keep the lights on for the season by the close of the transfer window.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:33 - May 24 with 3375 viewsmagicdaps10

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:26 - May 24 by jasper_T

If we had £10m in the bank people would be screaming about dividends and asking why it wasn't spent on more sht players to try to stave off the drop. Cashflow problems at this time of year are hardly ludicrous. It's not ideal but we've taken a massive hit in status and income, and expenses will take some time to adjust. The rainy day fund (and overdraft) only stretches so far.

It's a bad situation to be in but not unexpected given what has happened. Relegation clauses will activate, players will be sold, and if everyone does their jobs properly there'll be enough money in the bank to keep the lights on for the season by the close of the transfer window.

Its not unexpected your right but the PR by the club is shocking..........claims smacked down months later by contradictions of the claim AND all being done so by employees of the club.

The damage by these lies by Jenkins and co are just making the gap between the yanks and fans that much bigger.

Jenkins and co need a good shoeing and need gone asap. They are not doing the club, the yanks and most importantly the fans any favours at all.

I dont expect us to keep our better players but what I would expect is a bit of thought and bridge building by the club in this difficult time of relegation from the prem, instead we are having these dull sell outs mouthing off and not thinking of the consequences that follow.

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 15:02 - May 24 with 3319 viewsShaky

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 14:26 - May 24 by jasper_T

This is exactly right.

But the point I have been trying to hammer home for the past few weeks is it will require some key appointments and then take a lot of hard work to get done once they are in place.

Unless Jenkins really is on his way out of the door, it is a concern if he has already gone awol.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 15:03]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 18:16 - May 24 with 3043 viewsmax936

Yeah that's right cut back on the Playing side, they're the most important to me without them there's no chance of a return to the Prem.
I'm assuming and hoping that he means the dead wood and getting in players good enough to do the job.

But I agree with other's why isn't it Jenkins making the Statement?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 18:32 - May 24 with 2975 viewsWingstandwood

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 18:16 - May 24 by max936

Yeah that's right cut back on the Playing side, they're the most important to me without them there's no chance of a return to the Prem.
I'm assuming and hoping that he means the dead wood and getting in players good enough to do the job.

But I agree with other's why isn't it Jenkins making the Statement?

I remember watching a programme that claimed New Labour had a strategy called "The empty chair". It was a tactic whereupon a politician deemed responsible for a shambolic policy, a disastrous outcome, a failed government action, bad news, etc simply refused to turn up at BBC Newsnight studios, radio interviews, press gatherings, daytime news interviews etc.

What we've seen here is Huw Jenkins contemptuously giving SCFC supporters "The empty chair" treatment.

That's lowlife piece of sh#t Jenkins for ya ! And why did Dineen do it instead? IMO the zero end product Trojan-horse impostor had to justify (to Yanks!) his continued title Vice Chairman role/title and all associated gravy train riding, freeloading, leeching perks, privileges, power and status it brings!!!!!!!

Argus!

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 19:12 - May 24 with 2850 viewsmax936

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 18:32 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

I remember watching a programme that claimed New Labour had a strategy called "The empty chair". It was a tactic whereupon a politician deemed responsible for a shambolic policy, a disastrous outcome, a failed government action, bad news, etc simply refused to turn up at BBC Newsnight studios, radio interviews, press gatherings, daytime news interviews etc.

What we've seen here is Huw Jenkins contemptuously giving SCFC supporters "The empty chair" treatment.

That's lowlife piece of sh#t Jenkins for ya ! And why did Dineen do it instead? IMO the zero end product Trojan-horse impostor had to justify (to Yanks!) his continued title Vice Chairman role/title and all associated gravy train riding, freeloading, leeching perks, privileges, power and status it brings!!!!!!!

Agree with all that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 19:28 - May 24 with 2800 viewspeenemunde

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 10:54 - May 24 by AustinIsOurHero

I've applied for numerous jobs with the Swans over the years. Never even have a reply or acknowledgement of any of my applications.
I don't know why they even have a HR department or even advertise positions as they are most likely filled before they become public.

The same can be said for the Ospreys.

Maybe you weren’t suited for the jobs.
Standard practice not to notify people who aren’t successful in this type of situation.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 19:30 - May 24 with 2792 viewsAmbergambler

When a tree isn't thriving you cut out all the dead wood and weak shoots to try and revive it. The same should be done here.

Does ayone know what the 'ambassadors' of the club do for instance and what they get paid?
[Post edited 24 May 2018 20:16]
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 19:35 - May 24 with 2752 viewspeenemunde

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 12:18 - May 24 by somersetsimon

I got the impression that cash flow was a problem the whole time we were in the Premier League. It doesn't say much for our business management that we never managed to get on top of this.

Not really, with a limited stadium capacity of 20,800 and no Russian billionaire in the background, and still have to pay PL wages, how the hell was the club supposed to get on top of it ?.
They have done a remarkable job when our turnover, was near the lowest in the PL.
Dineen on Swansea Sound on 19:37 - May 24 with 2747 viewsFlashberryjack

Dineen on Swansea Sound on 19:28 - May 24 by peenemunde

Maybe you weren’t suited for the jobs.
Standard practice not to notify people who aren’t successful in this type of situation.

Could leave themselves open to racial discrimination charges if the applicant fits the profile.

Especially if Swansea City don't have any staff of foreign origin.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024