Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irish abortion referendum 11:57 - May 24 with 11786 viewsLohengrin

Been busy of late so haven’t been on here, checking in today I was a bit surprised to see there was no thread in advance of the ballot.

How do you think it will go tomorrow, will the Eighth Amendment of the Irish constitution be upheld? Any personal opinion?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Irish abortion referendum on 12:02 - May 24 with 2700 viewsomarjack

It's hard to imagine such harsh abortion laws in a Western country in year 2018..

Repeal this sh!t and let women do whatever the hell they want with their bodies..And that's exactly what I think is going to happen.
[Post edited 24 May 2018 12:03]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Irish abortion referendum on 12:09 - May 24 with 2681 viewsDippy

Free Will.. it's Catholic/Christian ideological principle.. what's the odds? Any bookies taking bets?

Easy money

Poll: Cooper Out

Irish abortion referendum on 12:16 - May 24 with 2670 viewsLohengrin

Irish abortion referendum on 12:02 - May 24 by omarjack

It's hard to imagine such harsh abortion laws in a Western country in year 2018..

Repeal this sh!t and let women do whatever the hell they want with their bodies..And that's exactly what I think is going to happen.

... and let women do whatever the hell they want with their bodies..”

This isn’t about piercings or tattoos, mind.

Irish abortion referendum on 12:35 - May 24 with 2624 viewsomarjack

Irish abortion referendum on 12:16 - May 24 by Lohengrin

I don't think people should be forced to have a child into the world. That's just not fair to anyone involved. You might say it's also not fair to the unborn child to be killed before it's given a chance to live..But you could say about the same about the millions of other sperms that didn't "hit the target"..

I'm not religious, I have no obligation to God to be pro-life..I believe that people should be able to correct their mistakes easily and without having to feel guilty about it.

If that makes me a bad person in the eyes of many..oh well..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Irish abortion referendum on 13:05 - May 24 with 2582 viewsLohengrin

Irish abortion referendum on 12:35 - May 24 by omarjack

I don't think people should be forced to have a child into the world. That's just not fair to anyone involved. You might say it's also not fair to the unborn child to be killed before it's given a chance to live..But you could say about the same about the millions of other sperms that didn't "hit the target"..

I'm not religious, I have no obligation to God to be pro-life..I believe that people should be able to correct their mistakes easily and without having to feel guilty about it.

If that makes me a bad person in the eyes of many..oh well..

An article I was reading yesterday was stating that the latest scientific advances are revealing that foeti have a discernible heartbeat and are reactive to stimuli such as heat or sound as early as the five week mark, moreover the foeti are able to feel pain at that stage. That is to say foeti are sentient before a woman realises she has conceived in almost every instance.

Irish abortion referendum on 13:08 - May 24 with 2574 viewsNeathJack

Irish abortion referendum on 13:05 - May 24 by Lohengrin

An article I was reading yesterday was stating that the latest scientific advances are revealing that foeti have a discernible heartbeat and are reactive to stimuli such as heat or sound as early as the five week mark, moreover the foeti are able to feel pain at that stage. That is to say foeti are sentient before a woman realises she has conceived in almost every instance.

An article written and published by whom?
Irish abortion referendum on 13:11 - May 24 with 2566 viewsdickythorpe

There should be more abortions out there or better still castrations!
Irish abortion referendum on 13:31 - May 24 with 2540 viewsLohengrin

Irish abortion referendum on 13:08 - May 24 by NeathJack

An article written and published by whom?

It was an article concerning cancer treatment during pregnancy in The Lancet.

Login to get fewer ads

Irish abortion referendum on 13:43 - May 24 with 2526 viewsCountyJim

What really gets me is you can have an abortion at 23 weeks because it's still not a baby by those that support abortion yet Women give birth at 23 weeks the Baby can survive

Cards on the table I'm a Catholic as most of you know but my opinion is that abortion should be available but not used as by some who have had say three because it's not the right time

I have no problem if a woman's life is at stake or she's been raped and she decides it's right for her
Irish abortion referendum on 14:24 - May 24 with 2474 viewsWarwickHunt

Irish abortion referendum on 13:43 - May 24 by CountyJim

What really gets me is you can have an abortion at 23 weeks because it's still not a baby by those that support abortion yet Women give birth at 23 weeks the Baby can survive

Cards on the table I'm a Catholic as most of you know but my opinion is that abortion should be available but not used as by some who have had say three because it's not the right time

I have no problem if a woman's life is at stake or she's been raped and she decides it's right for her

That's jolly decent of you, old chap!

As a great Irishman* once said, "If you don't play the game, don't make the rules".

*Dave Allen.
Irish abortion referendum on 14:49 - May 24 with 2448 viewsUxbridge

All moot anyway. Everyone knows you can't repeal constitutional amendments ....

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Irish abortion referendum on 15:03 - May 24 with 2431 viewspeenemunde

Irish abortion referendum on 12:02 - May 24 by omarjack

Who’s going to protect the unborn babies ?
Irish abortion referendum on 15:35 - May 24 with 2406 viewsHighjack

Irish abortion referendum on 15:03 - May 24 by peenemunde

Who’s going to protect the unborn babies ?

God, presumably.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Irish abortion referendum on 19:00 - May 24 with 2328 viewsWitneyjack

Irish abortion referendum on 12:16 - May 24 by Lohengrin

This vote is a no brainer. Of course these women should be accorded the right to choose their own destiny.

Alternatively, why not send the pregnant ladies to a home run by Catholic nuns? They could look after mother and child until they find a family to adopt.

Of course, we know how that worked out previously ! The Roman Catholic Church, is the richest in the world, with the most archaic beliefs.

Try watching the documentary 'The Lost Children of Tuam' and then read 'The Light In The Window' by June Goulding. These show exactly why abortion should be legal in Ireland.

The Catholic church has too much power and control in Ireland and the public need to vote with a clear conscience instead of abject fear. My wife's best friend was in one of these institutions as a baby and luckily survived.
Irish abortion referendum on 20:41 - May 24 with 2258 viewsBanosswan

Irish abortion referendum on 13:43 - May 24 by CountyJim

And those born at 23 weeks end up with massive disabilities and developmental problems.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Irish abortion referendum on 21:15 - May 24 with 2220 viewszedlep

Irish abortion referendum on 20:41 - May 24 by Banosswan

And those born at 23 weeks end up with massive disabilities and developmental problems.

Would have thought birth control/contreception would have been easier and more desirable to introduce. Cut down worldwide AIDs epidemic as well.

If only the Catholic Church wasn’t hiding due to the entire historic child abuse guilt trip.

I’m in favour of pro-choice as well.

It’s quite funny that they hold us in the UK as a reason to say “No!”

Zedzdead

Irish abortion referendum on 22:25 - May 24 with 2172 viewsmoonie

Only in such a warped backward country such as Eire could the Catholic Church be so powerful over every aspect of life.

The Irish need to grow up and wean themselves away from bitter persecutions of the past and the filth of priests and nuns

Woman s right to choose .Every time
Irish abortion referendum on 23:19 - May 24 with 2144 viewsLohengrin

Unto Us...

Somewhere at some time
They committed themselves to me
And so, I was!
Small, but I WAS!
Tiny, in shape
Lusting to live
I hung in my pulsing cave.
Soon they knew of me
My mother –my father.
I had no say in my being
I lived on trust
And love
Tho' I couldn't think
Each part of me was saying
A silent 'Wait for me
I will bring you love!'
I was taken
Blind, naked, defenceless
By the hand of one
Whose good name
Was graven on a brass plate
in Wimpole Street,
and dropped on the sterile floor
of a foot operated plastic waste
bucket.
There was no Queen’s Counsel
To take my brief.
The cot I might have warmed
Stood in Harrod's shop window.
When my passing was told
My father smiled.
No grief filled my empty space.
My death was celebrated
With tickets to see Danny la Rue
Who was pretending to be a woman
Like my mother was.

Spike Milligan

Irish abortion referendum on 23:39 - May 24 with 2123 viewspeenemunde

Irish abortion referendum on 22:25 - May 24 by moonie

Only in such a warped backward country such as Eire could the Catholic Church be so powerful over every aspect of life.

The Irish need to grow up and wean themselves away from bitter persecutions of the past and the filth of priests and nuns

It’s nothing to do with religion as far as I’m concerned and everything to do with killing an unborn child.

Only in the most extreme cases should an abortion happen ie the mother’s life is at risk.
Irish abortion referendum on 23:46 - May 24 with 2099 viewsDarran

Irish abortion referendum on 23:39 - May 24 by peenemunde

It’s nothing to do with religion as far as I’m concerned and everything to do with killing an unborn child.

Only in the most extreme cases should an abortion happen ie the mother’s life is at risk.

So a woman gets raped by a psychopath,gets pregnant and she can’t terminate because the pregnancy goes all trickety boo?

Honestly fuçk off is it you fuçking clown.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Irish abortion referendum on 00:12 - May 25 with 2089 viewsirishswan546

Irish abortion referendum on 22:25 - May 24 by moonie

With all due respect save your judgement until after the referendum, this honestly has a genuine chance of passing and I for one will he voting yes. Would a warped backward country have given equal rights to people from the LGBT community to marry their partner, the answer is no. Yet when we had a chance to vote on this we said yes. The cast majority of people I know are voting yes though you will always have people who are resistant to change which is there right in a democratic country.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 0:13]
Irish abortion referendum on 05:19 - May 25 with 2019 viewspeenemunde

Irish abortion referendum on 23:46 - May 24 by Darran

So a woman gets raped by a psychopath,gets pregnant and she can’t terminate because the pregnancy goes all trickety boo?

Honestly fuçk off is it you fuçking clown.

That would be another extreme case and would justify an abortion.
Now get back to your colouring book. Thick as shite.
Irish abortion referendum on 09:46 - May 25 with 1943 viewsmoonie

Eire a hugely conservative ,Catholic country where priests are or are kings . Nuns did as they pleased to kids ( born out of wedlock) ..

I'm of the opinion kids should come into this world wanted and planned and not just to get a council house
Irish abortion referendum on 09:59 - May 25 with 1935 viewslifelong

Irish abortion referendum on 09:46 - May 25 by moonie

Eire a hugely conservative ,Catholic country where priests are or are kings . Nuns did as they pleased to kids ( born out of wedlock) ..

I'm of the opinion kids should come into this world wanted and planned and not just to get a council house

Your second paragraph, if only life was so simple, eh?
Irish abortion referendum on 10:13 - May 25 with 1923 viewsmoonie

It's a fair point Roger but too many kids come to to the world for all the wrong reasons with no thought given for the future care of this new human being.

We have a choice to procreate.

We should excercise that right responsibly .

And also with equal respect, Eire has been decades behind and is only now starting to accept the cruelty ,both mental and physical of kids ,unwanted kids to had terrible lives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024