Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Potter just a massive punt? 13:21 - May 24 with 6473 viewsdickythorpe

Why no PL sides interested?
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:24 - May 24 with 5358 viewsEbo

Brendan Rodgers was the same when he arrived here from Watford. No other PL teams interested. (quote me if I am incorrect).

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:28 - May 24 with 5342 viewseddie71

I am sure Stoke were interested at some point. He is a punt. But then so were Roberto, Brendan and Laudrap. I am pleased I think he is a Swansea type manager and seems like a really bright guy.
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:35 - May 24 with 5281 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If there were any PL sides interested I think it's safe to say he wouldn't be coming here.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:57 - May 24 with 5182 viewsLeonWasGod

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:24 - May 24 by Ebo

Brendan Rodgers was the same when he arrived here from Watford. No other PL teams interested. (quote me if I am incorrect).

I think Keane was eying up a move for Brenda at the time to be his assistant at Ipswich. So yep, certainly not hot property at the time after flopping at Reading.
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:59 - May 24 with 5166 viewsLeonWasGod

PL teams weren't interested in our manager selections when we were in the PL, let alone now. We've never gone for an in demand, top drawer manager, always hoping we'll unearth a bargain from under the radar (much like our player recruitment).
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 14:01 - May 24 with 5153 viewsTailGunner

I'm glad he's underwhelming to so many.
Just what we need - a dip in expectations & a fresh start.

Slowly starting to get an appetite for next season after the disaster of the seasons end.
Everything to prove.
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 14:09 - May 24 with 5104 viewsmagicdaps10

Any manager is a punt, never any certainties regardless who is appointed.

But I am happy we are going with him over others mentioned.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 14:28 - May 24 with 5042 viewsicecoldjack

For sure he is.
Login to get fewer ads

N/A. on 14:31 - May 24 with 5024 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 21:33]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 14:54 - May 24 with 4958 viewsCopaMundial

It’s a massive punt, with the squad of players we have Harry Potter would have been a better bet.
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 16:52 - May 24 with 4736 viewsawayjack

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:59 - May 24 by LeonWasGod

PL teams weren't interested in our manager selections when we were in the PL, let alone now. We've never gone for an in demand, top drawer manager, always hoping we'll unearth a bargain from under the radar (much like our player recruitment).

Can't work out if 'our player recruitment' is tongue in cheek. If it's anything like our recent player dealings we'll be relegated again and bankrupt within a year.
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 19:49 - May 24 with 4459 viewsangryjack

but we already had a good team when he arrived he didn't have to do much potter will have to work miracles
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 19:54 - May 24 with 4436 viewsLoyal

Nobody wanted Rodgers, we were laughed at, even conkus said he wasnt ever first choice. Rodgers was a complete failure in many people's eyes. We interviewed over ten managers before Rodgers and were turned down by at least 5 that I can recall, including some bloke at Hamilton ffs 😂
[Post edited 24 May 2018 19:55]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 20:11 - May 24 with 4374 viewsAmbergambler

Is that rhyming slang, Dicky?
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 20:28 - May 24 with 4292 viewsbyron

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 20:11 - May 24 by Ambergambler

Is that rhyming slang, Dicky?

Can’t help but think about Ole Gunnar Solk when he came here after being very successful in a Norway and hailed by Fergie as possible mgt material. Right time right place is what it’s all about anyway, Rodgers was right for you, not reading, Martínez at Everton, Moyes at Sunderland etc
If he plays the way you want give it a go. Can’t be worse than Russell phuckin slade hey

Benny

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 21:22 - May 24 with 4127 viewslonglostjack

I'm just a bit concerned that it's a candidate that Jenkins could easily sell to the Yanks. Sounds all so positive a bit like Klinsmann and his Buddhas at Bayern- just the type of thing the Yanks would believe in. I really do hope I'm wrong.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unconventional-method
[Post edited 24 May 2018 21:29]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 21:30 - May 24 with 4089 viewsGaryjack

We've got to back this guy. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Excellent read this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 23:08 - May 24 with 3943 viewscentrestandswan

"Ostersund FK is not an ordinary football club. Their extraordinary achievements on the pitch are underpinned by a unique approach to team-building off it. They have developed a 'culture academy' where players sing, dance and act in front of an audience in an attempt to boost their performance ability. This has included staging a rock concert, at which Potter himself sang, and a performance of Swan Lake..."

Can't see our boys being a cabaret act but you never know we have had some comedians on the pitch in my time'

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 00:33 - May 25 with 3806 viewsDJack

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 19:54 - May 24 by Loyal

Nobody wanted Rodgers, we were laughed at, even conkus said he wasnt ever first choice. Rodgers was a complete failure in many people's eyes. We interviewed over ten managers before Rodgers and were turned down by at least 5 that I can recall, including some bloke at Hamilton ffs 😂
[Post edited 24 May 2018 19:55]

The same bloke from Hamilton who is now Graham Potter's assistant...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 05:34 - May 25 with 3679 viewsCaptain_Sham

To be honest. we are a massive punt for him.

Its just a ride.

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 00:59 - May 26 with 3272 viewswhiterock

Has it been announced?
Is Potter just a massive punt? on 13:40 - May 26 with 3144 viewsWxmJax

I'm quite upbeat about him coming if it's true. Given me some hope for next season now.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 11:06 - May 27 with 2975 viewsymaohyd

Well the way he's handling this siruation swap the p with a c.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 15:15 - May 27 with 2867 viewstrampie

Why would anybody above the third tier in the pyramid over here be interested ?

He might come off for somebody and be a success there again he might not but I cant see what he has done to be worthy of a Championship team, a top one anyway.

In 2016 his team finished the league season with a losing record if you take it down to goal difference, last season his team finished 5th [only 16 team league] and outside the Europa League places and this season they have had a disastrous start but recovered in recent weeks and are currently 5th in the on going Swedish league but are already miles behind Europa League places on points at this stage, they qualified for the Europa League last season and did excellent on the back of winning the Swedish cup, the Swedish league is not strong at the moment so there is not much to suggest a top Championship team should be looking at him, but you never know, he's young, did excellent in Europe against better teams, but if he got a job with a Championship team and he was a racehorse, next to his name it would say 'raised in class'.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 16:40 - May 27 with 2807 viewsBadlands

Is Potter just a massive punt? on 15:15 - May 27 by trampie

Why would anybody above the third tier in the pyramid over here be interested ?

He might come off for somebody and be a success there again he might not but I cant see what he has done to be worthy of a Championship team, a top one anyway.

In 2016 his team finished the league season with a losing record if you take it down to goal difference, last season his team finished 5th [only 16 team league] and outside the Europa League places and this season they have had a disastrous start but recovered in recent weeks and are currently 5th in the on going Swedish league but are already miles behind Europa League places on points at this stage, they qualified for the Europa League last season and did excellent on the back of winning the Swedish cup, the Swedish league is not strong at the moment so there is not much to suggest a top Championship team should be looking at him, but you never know, he's young, did excellent in Europe against better teams, but if he got a job with a Championship team and he was a racehorse, next to his name it would say 'raised in class'.

Any manager is a punt.
Potter with Reid is less of a gamble IMO but I would have been happier with them coming last Summer.
What he has done in Sweden is remarkable, he assn't just been successful he's redefined the way the club is run and has produced a very successful side at that level with very limited resources.
Their finishes in Allsveken have been good.
Ignore the start to his season as they played through their closed season and in effect have had no full break.
They were trying to keep their squad together to fulfil Europa Cup commitments and prepare for this season.
Currently 6th as they have come back to form as the season progresses.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024