Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madeira restaurant 22:33 - May 24 with 8992 viewsmoonie

I'm not easily impressed but this place tonight was a gem.

Quality ,authentic Portuguese food served by Portuguese staff .

Ive had sardines fresh from the sea in Portimao that weren't as good

Place was was rammed but happily so . Staff coped admirably so get the fook down there and support them

Muito obrigado

[Post edited 24 May 2018 22:34]
Madeira restaurant on 23:15 - May 25 with 1686 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 23:09 - May 25 by moonie

Tellem Darren. Don't fookn try that with me.

I will turn up at your luxury Bunglalow when you least expect it so you can repeat your filth to US both.

If will never ever forget what you are doing and have done and you can take this any way you want

But.people have seen through you apart from those who are too impressionable or naive

You offered to pay. We offered ,including Swansea Jill .you wanted to pay.

Everything you post cannot change this fact.

All your bullshite can't hide what a deeply dangerous two faced piece of sewerage you are .

What bit of what I said isn’t true?

Go on tell everyone what bit isn’t true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Madeira restaurant on 23:22 - May 25 with 1689 viewsmoonie

What s clear is by allowing you to post for many years, the Mods have seen you cause mayhem

You are really shameless and I fear for your future

Now carry on if you want
Madeira restaurant on 23:24 - May 25 with 1676 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 23:22 - May 25 by moonie

What s clear is by allowing you to post for many years, the Mods have seen you cause mayhem

You are really shameless and I fear for your future

Now carry on if you want

Please tell everyone what bit of what I said earlier is untrue?

Go on I’m asking you nicely.

Madeira restaurant on 01:56 - May 26 with 1635 viewsDJack

Madeira restaurant on 13:30 - May 25 by jackal

Agreed, It's my favourite of the moment.

But you need to book.

Oddly enough, me and the wife went off the Bouchon just over 12 months ago...

Rake and Riddle currently and we used to love Vesuvio (not been in a while, so we need a return visit)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Madeira restaurant on 06:48 - May 26 with 1597 viewsDr_Winston

Madeira restaurant on 16:57 - May 25 by Lord_Bony

John Lewis is also being affected by online shopping, people are going in store viewing the products then ordering elsewhere online at a cheaper price

Everywhere is being affected by online shopping. Give it 20-30 years and all these big shopping centres will be ghost towns. It's already happening in the US.

Best way to go is a mix of leisure and smaller, more boutique (as has been said) shopping experiences. There's nothing available in St. Davids or Cribbs Causeway or wherever that I can't get cheaper and almost as conveniently online.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Madeira restaurant on 07:00 - May 26 with 1585 viewsjackal

Madeira restaurant on 01:56 - May 26 by DJack

Oddly enough, me and the wife went off the Bouchon just over 12 months ago...

Rake and Riddle currently and we used to love Vesuvio (not been in a while, so we need a return visit)

Rake and Riddle is quite good, but not a fan of Vesuvio.
Madeira restaurant on 12:30 - May 26 with 1481 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 23:24 - May 25 by Darran

Please tell everyone what bit of what I said earlier is untrue?

Go on I’m asking you nicely.

Can you get a move on and tell everyone please?

Madeira restaurant on 12:58 - May 26 with 1474 viewsPrivate_Partz

Madeira restaurant on 16:37 - May 25 by Lord_Bony

To put it simply it’s down to urbanisation and volume of customers within the catchment area.

Swansea has nowhere near the catchment area of Cheltenham or Cardiff and therefore is not going to attract the big-name stores like John Lewis we have to accept that.

Cheltenham is a small town without a big catchment area in competition with both Bristol and Brum.
We are becoming Cardiff's catchment area. Look at the affordable housing in Swansea. It is only being built around the M4 corridor to make us a residential area to commute to Cardiff.
Swansea in the last century could accommodate numeous Dept Stores, a tram system and an airport. All gone now due to Cardiff Centric policies.
I can understand your viewpoint though when living there. The media feeds the same old spin as you just have. ;-)
[Post edited 26 May 2018 13:03]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Madeira restaurant on 12:59 - May 26 with 1471 viewsmax936

Madeira restaurant on 07:00 - May 26 by jackal

Rake and Riddle is quite good, but not a fan of Vesuvio.

Rake and riddle, heard of it, but can't remember where it is, I like the Grill House only been there a few times though, went to the Bouchon place once my meal was great Wifes wasn't so good.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Madeira restaurant on 13:34 - May 26 with 1435 viewsDr_Winston

Madeira restaurant on 12:58 - May 26 by Private_Partz

Cheltenham is a small town without a big catchment area in competition with both Bristol and Brum.
We are becoming Cardiff's catchment area. Look at the affordable housing in Swansea. It is only being built around the M4 corridor to make us a residential area to commute to Cardiff.
Swansea in the last century could accommodate numeous Dept Stores, a tram system and an airport. All gone now due to Cardiff Centric policies.
I can understand your viewpoint though when living there. The media feeds the same old spin as you just have. ;-)

Interesting noises coming out of UEFA at the moment with regards to holding the CL final in "suitable" cities. Seems that far from the "Triumph for Wales" that last season was trumpeted as by the local media, it was actually a bit of a disaster for fans. Likewise Kiev today.

Future finals are more likely to be held in cities capable of dealing with events of that magnitude.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Madeira restaurant on 14:38 - May 26 with 1413 viewslifelong

Madeira restaurant on 12:59 - May 26 by max936

Rake and riddle, heard of it, but can't remember where it is, I like the Grill House only been there a few times though, went to the Bouchon place once my meal was great Wifes wasn't so good.

Rake and Riddle is the old Bethlwyd between Gowerton and Penclawdd. 👍
Madeira restaurant on 14:43 - May 26 with 1409 viewsLord_Bony

Madeira restaurant on 12:58 - May 26 by Private_Partz

I’m afraid that you have to accept the reality of the situation my friend.

Cheltenham has been awarded ninth position as the best place for retail investment, beating 191 other UK towns and cities.

It is also an extremely affluent area hence the location of the John Lewis store there,in other words people with more Money than sense!

They would not come to Swansea and as someone said why would we even want a store like that? The prestige of a John Lewis store is nothing but a thin veneer .

We don’t need them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Madeira restaurant on 16:10 - May 26 with 1352 viewsmoonie

No,Cheltenham is a decent sized town that does have " working Class" areas

It's the main shop centre for Gloucershire,including the city of Gloucester.

Looking at Swansea at dawn today ,it made me wonder how some go on and on about Swansea being a small town . It ain't .

Some bitch from Oz to the Post this,letter this Weds) saying she d come over to see wedding and returned to her home time. To see it so dilapidated made her angry. The fookn cheek of her . Look it up, Lifey
Madeira restaurant on 16:13 - May 26 with 1345 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 16:10 - May 26 by moonie

No,Cheltenham is a decent sized town that does have " working Class" areas

It's the main shop centre for Gloucershire,including the city of Gloucester.

Looking at Swansea at dawn today ,it made me wonder how some go on and on about Swansea being a small town . It ain't .

Some bitch from Oz to the Post this,letter this Weds) saying she d come over to see wedding and returned to her home time. To see it so dilapidated made her angry. The fookn cheek of her . Look it up, Lifey

Could you answer my question from above please?

Madeira restaurant on 16:42 - May 26 with 1324 viewsmoonie

This was a thread about a Swansea restaurant,sadly now well destroyed.
Madeira restaurant on 16:48 - May 26 with 1316 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 16:42 - May 26 by moonie

This was a thread about a Swansea restaurant,sadly now well destroyed.

Could you answer the question please?

Madeira restaurant on 16:53 - May 26 with 1312 viewsmoonie

To answer revenue man, nope,didn't go anywhere last night as we have significant family issues so my sister cooked a meal.

Darren knows where my sister lives , I could ring him in confidence then you can all know what we ate

RIP dad, you complex ,difficult ,proud Jack
Madeira restaurant on 17:03 - May 26 with 1294 viewsmonmouth

Madeira restaurant on 06:48 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

Everywhere is being affected by online shopping. Give it 20-30 years and all these big shopping centres will be ghost towns. It's already happening in the US.

Best way to go is a mix of leisure and smaller, more boutique (as has been said) shopping experiences. There's nothing available in St. Davids or Cribbs Causeway or wherever that I can't get cheaper and almost as conveniently online.

Indeed. Myself and significant other have been to cribbs three times in the last two weeks and bought bugger all except a spud u like. We have tried stuff on come home to buy things cheaper on the net though.

Question arises though of how it works if you can’t try on/look at the goods.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Madeira restaurant on 17:12 - May 26 with 1279 viewsDarran

Could I just say for the record it’s very sad that moonies old man has passed away and I’d like to take this opportunity to say RIP Mr Lewis.

Could I also say for the record that I have absolutely no idea where his sister lives and in fact it’s another very strange thing to say.

Madeira restaurant on 17:29 - May 26 with 1259 viewsmax936

Madeira restaurant on 14:38 - May 26 by lifelong

Rake and Riddle is the old Bethlwyd between Gowerton and Penclawdd. 👍

Bethlwyd used to be fabulous fair play, they used to be queuing outside every weekend it was that good,

Madeira restaurant on 17:30 - May 26 with 1258 viewsmoonie

Went there after funeral Steve..on north gower rd innit
Madeira restaurant on 17:35 - May 26 with 1241 viewsmax936

Madeira restaurant on 17:30 - May 26 by moonie

Went there after funeral Steve..on north gower rd innit

Yep, just above Penclawydd well Swansea side.

Madeira restaurant on 18:46 - May 26 with 1193 viewsmoonie

Great post gadge.

I told you Darren.

You ve told bare faced lies about me repeated them,insulted my wife ,kids and friends even her fookn surgeon by your persistent filth

Put whatever is on your mind up on here and we ll see you pay . So put up what you want or shut the feck up and crawl away from this site for good .leave the rest of these posters out of it .

Meanwhile, we ll send you a cheque for that crap meal nd I ll ask lorr
Madeira restaurant on 18:54 - May 26 with 1184 viewsPrivate_Partz

Madeira restaurant on 14:43 - May 26 by Lord_Bony

I’m afraid that you have to accept the reality of the situation my friend.

Cheltenham has been awarded ninth position as the best place for retail investment, beating 191 other UK towns and cities.

It is also an extremely affluent area hence the location of the John Lewis store there,in other words people with more Money than sense!

They would not come to Swansea and as someone said why would we even want a store like that? The prestige of a John Lewis store is nothing but a thin veneer .

We don’t need them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Who awarded it? Swansea is the 5th best place to live in this Country apparently. ;-)
Cheltenham are attracting a John Lewis store but it is taking some time for it to open as the Company is not happy about the surrounding environment. Changes are being made to accommodate their wishes before the store actually opens. Swansea most certainly does not have that environment.
I stick to my point that there is enough of a population centre in SW Wales to support a regional retail hub. The problem is we are making mistake after mistake and we do not get nearly the support from WAG that Cardiff does. The Council will not kick up a fuss for Political reasons. The result is shoppers are now travelling to Cardiff at the expense of our shopping centre.
The shopping environment is changing dramatically so Stores are being far more selective where the open new outlets. If at all. It is going the other way with outlets closing.
Swansea has opportunities nevertheless. This Severnside Power House that Cairns wets his knickers over could be Cardiff's undoing as it tries to compete with its far bigger neighbour Bristol. There is already massive duplication in both Public and Private Sector.
I can see them becoming a suburb of Bristol. It has already started with house prices raising as the tolls on the Bridge are scrapped.
This could signal a return of some of Swansea's former glory.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Madeira restaurant on 19:06 - May 26 with 1166 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 18:46 - May 26 by moonie

Great post gadge.

I told you Darren.

You ve told bare faced lies about me repeated them,insulted my wife ,kids and friends even her fookn surgeon by your persistent filth

Put whatever is on your mind up on here and we ll see you pay . So put up what you want or shut the feck up and crawl away from this site for good .leave the rest of these posters out of it .

Meanwhile, we ll send you a cheque for that crap meal nd I ll ask lorr

So surely it’s now time for you to tell everyone what I’ve lied about?

Can you please just tell everyone so I can move on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024