Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madeira restaurant 22:33 - May 24 with 8985 viewsmoonie

I'm not easily impressed but this place tonight was a gem.

Quality ,authentic Portuguese food served by Portuguese staff .

Ive had sardines fresh from the sea in Portimao that weren't as good

Place was was rammed but happily so . Staff coped admirably so get the fook down there and support them

Muito obrigado

[Post edited 24 May 2018 22:34]
Madeira restaurant on 19:15 - May 26 with 1524 viewsraynor94

Madeira restaurant on 18:54 - May 26 by Private_Partz

Who awarded it? Swansea is the 5th best place to live in this Country apparently. ;-)
Cheltenham are attracting a John Lewis store but it is taking some time for it to open as the Company is not happy about the surrounding environment. Changes are being made to accommodate their wishes before the store actually opens. Swansea most certainly does not have that environment.
I stick to my point that there is enough of a population centre in SW Wales to support a regional retail hub. The problem is we are making mistake after mistake and we do not get nearly the support from WAG that Cardiff does. The Council will not kick up a fuss for Political reasons. The result is shoppers are now travelling to Cardiff at the expense of our shopping centre.
The shopping environment is changing dramatically so Stores are being far more selective where the open new outlets. If at all. It is going the other way with outlets closing.
Swansea has opportunities nevertheless. This Severnside Power House that Cairns wets his knickers over could be Cardiff's undoing as it tries to compete with its far bigger neighbour Bristol. There is already massive duplication in both Public and Private Sector.
I can see them becoming a suburb of Bristol. It has already started with house prices raising as the tolls on the Bridge are scrapped.
This could signal a return of some of Swansea's former glory.

Swansea's former glory? That was 25 years before the assembly was formed, the demise of our once proud City lies a lot closer to home. Successive Councils who have killed off a thriving Town.

Take a walk around now, they are doing more damage than the Luftwaffe!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Madeira restaurant on 22:38 - May 26 with 1443 viewsPrivate_Partz

Madeira restaurant on 19:15 - May 26 by raynor94

Swansea's former glory? That was 25 years before the assembly was formed, the demise of our once proud City lies a lot closer to home. Successive Councils who have killed off a thriving Town.

Take a walk around now, they are doing more damage than the Luftwaffe!

Swansea was doing doing ok before the Assembly, even though it started from a low bar after the war by being rebuilt on the cheap.
I agree with you though that our Council has responsibility as well.
It is unhealthy for Welsh Labour to have been in power for so long. It has bred complacency and cronyism.
Now investment in the whole of Wales begins and ends in Cardiff and its environs.
Local politicians have a lot to answer for.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Madeira restaurant on 22:43 - May 26 with 1427 viewsmoonie

Good to see some sensible posting. Thanks PP. You re saying it as it is. It's anything but slagging off.

I just wish those in nice homes,good jobs,retired on decent pension give a fook about what the city of Swansea holds for them in the future.

University campus way out of the centre isn't that great an asset.

Not all cities are dying.

It's tough in retailing but not impossible
Madeira restaurant on 07:57 - May 27 with 1376 viewstrampie

Madeira restaurant on 13:34 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

Interesting noises coming out of UEFA at the moment with regards to holding the CL final in "suitable" cities. Seems that far from the "Triumph for Wales" that last season was trumpeted as by the local media, it was actually a bit of a disaster for fans. Likewise Kiev today.

Future finals are more likely to be held in cities capable of dealing with events of that magnitude.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/smashed-it-should-hol

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Madeira restaurant on 08:17 - May 27 with 1359 viewsDr_Winston

Madeira restaurant on 17:03 - May 26 by monmouth

Indeed. Myself and significant other have been to cribbs three times in the last two weeks and bought bugger all except a spud u like. We have tried stuff on come home to buy things cheaper on the net though.

Question arises though of how it works if you can’t try on/look at the goods.

I bought new specs online once. I picked four pairs out online, company sent them to me for free, I didn't like them so I sent them back for free and they sent me four more to try. Wouldn't be difficult to do the same with clothes and that's with existing technology.

Imagine have a machine at home that scanned your body and 3d printed clothes to match you exactly? That's probably not too far away.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Madeira restaurant on 08:19 - May 27 with 1357 viewsDr_Winston

Madeira restaurant on 07:57 - May 27 by trampie

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/smashed-it-should-hol

Yes tramps. Trumpeted by the local media just like that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Madeira restaurant on 08:40 - May 27 with 1338 viewstrampie

Madeira restaurant on 08:19 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Yes tramps. Trumpeted by the local media just like that.

Authorities and fans of super clubs Real and Juve were delighted with the Welsh national stadium and Wales.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 8:58]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Madeira restaurant on 08:43 - May 27 with 1335 viewsDr_Winston

Madeira restaurant on 08:40 - May 27 by trampie

Authorities and fans of super clubs Real and Juve were delighted with the Welsh national stadium and Wales.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 8:58]

Meanwhile, UEFA are considering never doing something so foolish again.

Look at what people do tramps. What they say is meaningless shite. Hard for a Leanne fan to grasp I give you, but do your best yeah?

Login to get fewer ads

Madeira restaurant on 08:48 - May 27 with 1324 viewstrampie

Madeira restaurant on 08:43 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Meanwhile, UEFA are considering never doing something so foolish again.

Look at what people do tramps. What they say is meaningless shite. Hard for a Leanne fan to grasp I give you, but do your best yeah?

https://www.cardiffnewsroom.co.uk/releases/c/15578.html
The Welsh hosting of the Champions League final was a huge success.

Madeira restaurant on 08:56 - May 27 with 1315 viewsexiledclaseboy

Every event I’ve been to in Cardiff, whether it’s sport, music or otherwise, has been supremely well organised. It may be an uncomfortable truth but they know what they’re doing, they’re experienced at hosting big events and like it or not, they have the infrastructure to do so and are good at it.

Poll: Tory leader

Madeira restaurant on 09:04 - May 27 with 1294 viewsJackfath

Madeira restaurant on 08:56 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Every event I’ve been to in Cardiff, whether it’s sport, music or otherwise, has been supremely well organised. It may be an uncomfortable truth but they know what they’re doing, they’re experienced at hosting big events and like it or not, they have the infrastructure to do so and are good at it.

Are people pretending otherwise?

The only downside to Cardiff and the hosting of such events is the extremely poor trains in and out at peak times. Crazy.

Swansea City needed to up their game in this respect too (cars, not trains) after games when we were in the top league. Let's hope it improves when we have smaller crowds in the Championship.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Madeira restaurant on 09:04 - May 27 with 1288 viewsDarran

I went to the CL Final in Cardiff last season with my son.
It was outstanding. The whole day,the streets etc in the day and then the game in the night were superb.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Madeira restaurant on 09:05 - May 27 with 1292 viewsjack247

It’s near enough impossible to get out of the place after a big event at the Millennium.

I’ve enjoyed every event I’ve been to there, bar the Barnsley game, but that wasn’t Cardiff’s fault. Getting home after, not so much.
Madeira restaurant on 09:06 - May 27 with 1290 viewsexiledclaseboy

Madeira restaurant on 09:04 - May 27 by Jackfath

Are people pretending otherwise?

The only downside to Cardiff and the hosting of such events is the extremely poor trains in and out at peak times. Crazy.

Swansea City needed to up their game in this respect too (cars, not trains) after games when we were in the top league. Let's hope it improves when we have smaller crowds in the Championship.

Jobs seems to think last year’s European Cup final there was a disaster. I wasn’t there but given Cardiff’s experience of hosting such events I doubt it was.

Agree about the trains.

Poll: Tory leader

Madeira restaurant on 09:15 - May 27 with 1278 viewsDr_Winston

Madeira restaurant on 09:06 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

Jobs seems to think last year’s European Cup final there was a disaster. I wasn’t there but given Cardiff’s experience of hosting such events I doubt it was.

Agree about the trains.

No, UEFA seem to think last years final was a problem. As was this year's in Kiev, hence the change in policy that will see it held in more suitable cities in the future.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Madeira restaurant on 09:48 - May 27 with 1248 viewstrampie

When Wales hosted the Champions League final it was a great final on the pitch in a great venue for sporting events, they are apparently toying with the idea of taking the final to places like New York, Dubai and Tokyo to get more money, just like the Premier League have been entertaining taking Premier League games to America and China.

The Cardiff final was one of the best on and off the field, if somebody said it was the best ever for overall package I would not be surprised.

Madeira restaurant on 12:34 - May 27 with 1201 viewsexhmrc1

Madeira restaurant on 22:43 - May 26 by moonie

Good to see some sensible posting. Thanks PP. You re saying it as it is. It's anything but slagging off.

I just wish those in nice homes,good jobs,retired on decent pension give a fook about what the city of Swansea holds for them in the future.

University campus way out of the centre isn't that great an asset.

Not all cities are dying.

It's tough in retailing but not impossible

You completely misunderstand the issue.

The building of the new campus has created jobs for many types of tradesmen. Real jobs for real people. Now that they are built lecturers, researchers and admin jobs have been created. There is need for cleaners, shop workers, security staff and bus drivers to transport the students between the city and the bay campus. There are many new buildings required needed to house the extra 15000 students. Already there is a halls of residence on the strand for 720 students. Oldway centre is being converted into a student building for 500 students. The previous tenants have moved into other buildings in the city. A new hall for 300 students is going up opposite the old Top rank. Planning permission has recently been given for a new student residence in the Docklands. This has been excellent news for our workforce. This large increase in numbers means greater trade for our shops, bars and restaurants helping keep them open. This is especially so due to a large increase in foreign students who tend to be wealthier than UK students. There are usually students at the tills in Tesco Marina having done their weekly shop when I have called there. So it isnt just a building on the outskirts of town but a large employer creating opportunities for people in the area.

Besides this there have been numerous jobs created in call centres throughout the city. Virgin Atlantic have taken up floors in Alexandra House where TUI are also based. Admiral, EDS and the DVLA amongst others have large buildings in Swansea Vale. Land Registry and DWP have offices in the enterprise park as have Virgin Media which is sadly planned for closure.

The problems are that central and regional governments have failed the city as has the Labour controlled local authority. Your friends in the Tory party have reneged on their promise of rail electrification and it appears will do the same thing to the tidal barrage. Our mines and steelworks were closed under the Thatcher regime which you allegedly helped by beating up striking miners who were fighting to keep pits open.

As far as the retail sector is concerned Swansea has suffered in the same way as other cities in changes in retail habits. Years ago the likes of JT Morgans and Leonard Charles were serving local shops in the surrounding villages. However they closed as shops closed locally then the major stores and supermarkets bought centrally. Many department style shops have gone bust nationally includng Woolies, BHS and C&A. The more recent change of out of town shopping centres and internet shopping have caused even more difficulties and like others have stated city centres other than the very large ones will find more and more shops closing.

You fail to actually address the major problem has and that is the lack of population to the North, West and South of the city. Liverpool is able to attract from places like Wrexham, Chester and Birkenhead to the west and places towards Manchester to the east. Your beloved Birkenhead has a greater population than Llanelli, Carmarthen and Ammanford combined. The top end of the various valleys have only a small population.
Madeira restaurant on 13:33 - May 27 with 1164 viewsmoonie

You were doing ok until " your friends in the Tory party" .It unraveled everything before and after.

I'm not sure who you are or what you re about but you re odd. You re posts and MPs are a litany of trite left wing semantics and arrogant beyond belief.

What people see is not what you re describing .

Looking and walking around the Kingsway ,the centre of Swansea will depress anyone and those of my age recoil at every Swansea bent council who ve allowed this urban rape. Why the constant ripping up of the roads, the utter carnage of road system ,the transport system . This is a sizeable city around which it's very hard to negotiate ,if you're a visitor. Just try a simple drive from the Marina to Waunarlydd .

Anything that is of any aesthetic value in Swansea has been stripped and destroyed .

The picture you paint is bolloks . University campus miles away from anywhere . Compare with others where students can simply trot along to lectures

Views of the bay aren't enough, Gower isn't enough . More jobs are going via BT and I fear and feel for kids there. Swansea doesn't have a good record for regeneration. The barrage might have been a catalyst but nope ,not for some. Like many cities facing retail remorse ,Swansea has issues, but with the councils it has...your labour chums ...it falls short.

Cardiff has seen major industries go as well as the docks but just look at the energy ,vision and can do attitude. They kick arse in e way Swansea can only dream of. I remember Swansea thinking of building an ice arena forty fookn years ago.

When fine ,with a good job, nice house, Swansea is a joy to behold but too many don't have that luxury and don't share your perception.

Please don't pm any more ,thanks
Madeira restaurant on 17:44 - May 27 with 1097 viewsexhmrc1

Madeira restaurant on 13:33 - May 27 by moonie

You were doing ok until " your friends in the Tory party" .It unraveled everything before and after.

I'm not sure who you are or what you re about but you re odd. You re posts and MPs are a litany of trite left wing semantics and arrogant beyond belief.

What people see is not what you re describing .

Looking and walking around the Kingsway ,the centre of Swansea will depress anyone and those of my age recoil at every Swansea bent council who ve allowed this urban rape. Why the constant ripping up of the roads, the utter carnage of road system ,the transport system . This is a sizeable city around which it's very hard to negotiate ,if you're a visitor. Just try a simple drive from the Marina to Waunarlydd .

Anything that is of any aesthetic value in Swansea has been stripped and destroyed .

The picture you paint is bolloks . University campus miles away from anywhere . Compare with others where students can simply trot along to lectures

Views of the bay aren't enough, Gower isn't enough . More jobs are going via BT and I fear and feel for kids there. Swansea doesn't have a good record for regeneration. The barrage might have been a catalyst but nope ,not for some. Like many cities facing retail remorse ,Swansea has issues, but with the councils it has...your labour chums ...it falls short.

Cardiff has seen major industries go as well as the docks but just look at the energy ,vision and can do attitude. They kick arse in e way Swansea can only dream of. I remember Swansea thinking of building an ice arena forty fookn years ago.

When fine ,with a good job, nice house, Swansea is a joy to behold but too many don't have that luxury and don't share your perception.

Please don't pm any more ,thanks

I will reply to this rant

Warwick university generally recognised as one of the UK top universitis is 4 miles out of Coventry. Ask the student's fighting to get in why do they want to go there. Lancaster University is 3 miles out of the city. The current Times/Sunday Time University of the year. Ask why students go there. Bath university another leading university is 2.5 miles out of the city. Birmingham University is 4 miles out of Birmingham. The reason students go there is because they are there to get good grades in top universities instead of spending all their time on the piss as you have previously stated. All these universities have higher entry standards and are higher ranked than Liverpool.
Madeira restaurant on 18:08 - May 27 with 1078 viewsDr_Winston

Have been to the Warwick Uni campus a number of times. It's very nice and as you say, a bit in the middle of nowhere.

Madeira restaurant on 18:11 - May 27 with 1075 viewsmax936

Been to the Madeira a few times its very nice my Parents enjoy it there.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Madeira restaurant on 18:32 - May 27 with 1057 views3swan

Madeira restaurant on 18:08 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Have been to the Warwick Uni campus a number of times. It's very nice and as you say, a bit in the middle of nowhere.

There is a Tesco and Aldi close
Madeira restaurant on 18:52 - May 27 with 1029 viewsDJack

Madeira restaurant on 18:32 - May 27 by 3swan

There is a Tesco and Aldi close

If you say Aldi twice more Waynekerr will appear...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Madeira restaurant on 18:55 - May 27 with 1023 views3swan

Madeira restaurant on 18:52 - May 27 by DJack

If you say Aldi twice more Waynekerr will appear...

With a list of the latest bargains
Madeira restaurant on 18:56 - May 27 with 1021 viewsDJack

Madeira restaurant on 18:55 - May 27 by 3swan

With a list of the latest bargains

natch...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024