Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TOMMY ROBINSON 07:42 - May 26 with 63779 viewsgetcarter

Not a fan but his arrest yesterday challenges freedom of speech.

This post has been edited by an administrator
TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:15 - May 26 with 2627 viewsDarran

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:12 - May 26 by Badlands

The opinions he expressed could have been expressed in other situations and he would have been entitled to express them - but he chose to act as he has in breach of the law, knowing he was breaking the law and knowing it would get him publicity.

Freedom of speech only extends to being with the law.

If you believe freedom of speech is the freedom to say anything, anywhere and to anybody you are advocating a completely lawless society. It would mean pedophiles could groom children under the 'freedom of speech'; people could come up to you (me, your loved ones or anyone) in the street and hurl vicious abuse at them under 'freedom of speech'; women could be propositioned and verbally abused at work (in the street, on the doorstep) under 'freedom of speech'.

Our police and legal system has gone soft and should put thugs like Robinson and his religious counterpart in the dock.

I’m not sure the dull cùnt did actually know he was breaching his suspended sentence.

I agree with the rest though. You can’t go around saying things that aren’t true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:27 - May 26 with 2610 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:38 - May 26 by Neath_Jack

We've has hundreds if not thousands of posts on here, on any given high profile case, Ched Evans for example. So why isn't that particular blackout observed by those in position, for example, the owner of this website (And thousands of others of the same ilk).

I'm in no way trying to defend that goon by the way. He's a vile bloke, who appeals to the Daily Mail readers and facebook types who go by the middle names of "Madbloke", "Onamission", "Yummymummy", etc, etc.

The type that say “ I’m not racist but I wish all the muzzies would just f*ck off” and stuff.
[Post edited 26 May 2018 16:29]

Poll: Tory leader

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:35 - May 26 with 2597 viewsShaky

He's changed since my day, apparently

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:43 - May 26 with 2582 viewsmoonie

He s bang to rights .
TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:55 - May 26 with 2565 viewsDarran

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:35 - May 26 by Shaky

He's changed since my day, apparently

Bonys already done that joke you thick twát.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:06 - May 26 with 2553 viewsShaky

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:55 - May 26 by Darran

Bonys already done that joke you thick twát.

Sorry Des, I accept full responsibility for not having looked at page 1 of this thread.

On the other hand I make no apologies for posting an alternative to the second worst song after Grey Cortina on a great album.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:06 - May 26 with 2553 viewspeenemunde

TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:12 - May 26 by Badlands

The opinions he expressed could have been expressed in other situations and he would have been entitled to express them - but he chose to act as he has in breach of the law, knowing he was breaking the law and knowing it would get him publicity.

Freedom of speech only extends to being with the law.

If you believe freedom of speech is the freedom to say anything, anywhere and to anybody you are advocating a completely lawless society. It would mean pedophiles could groom children under the 'freedom of speech'; people could come up to you (me, your loved ones or anyone) in the street and hurl vicious abuse at them under 'freedom of speech'; women could be propositioned and verbally abused at work (in the street, on the doorstep) under 'freedom of speech'.

Our police and legal system has gone soft and should put thugs like Robinson and his religious counterpart in the dock.

Freedom of speech would not end up with the ridiculous examples you have given.
The USA have a much better system and laws regarding freedom of speech than we do.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:51 - May 26 with 2518 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm watching a live feed where there's a mob of about 100+ of his supporters at the gates to Downing Street, with a couple of them climbing on the gates, trying to rattle them open etc. I can see shots being fired soon...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:10 - May 26 with 2498 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:51 - May 26 by Neath_Jack

I'm watching a live feed where there's a mob of about 100+ of his supporters at the gates to Downing Street, with a couple of them climbing on the gates, trying to rattle them open etc. I can see shots being fired soon...

They’d never last in Israel

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:19 - May 26 with 2477 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m intrigued as to what they plan to do if they get in.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:23 - May 26 with 2469 viewsNeath_Jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:19 - May 26 by exiledclaseboy

They'll probably complain vociferously about the price of fuel and Peroni, i expect.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:25 - May 26 with 2465 viewsomarjack

Planet of the Apes.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:25 - May 26 with 2465 viewsDarran

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:23 - May 26 by Neath_Jack

They'll probably complain vociferously about the price of fuel and Peroni, i expect.

Max is there? 😮

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:25 - May 26 with 2464 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:23 - May 26 by Neath_Jack

Well it’s all the rage down our way.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:26 - May 26 with 2461 viewsJackfath

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:19 - May 26 by exiledclaseboy

I reckon they're going to bust him out

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:26 - May 26 with 2461 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:25 - May 26 by omarjack

Planet of the Apes.

Bit harsh on apes.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:08 - May 28 with 2312 viewscontroversial_jack

This has gone huge, it's known all around the world and become a massive embarrassment for this country, it has backfired big time, with Britain being called an Orwellian state
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:14 - May 28 with 2307 viewspeenemunde

He’s a political prisoner. Regardless of him breaking some law.
Well done to him I say.
The establishment hiding behind laws, designed to keep us from the truth.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:31 - May 28 with 2284 viewscontroversial_jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:14 - May 28 by peenemunde

He’s a political prisoner. Regardless of him breaking some law.
Well done to him I say.
The establishment hiding behind laws, designed to keep us from the truth.

He is a political prisoner, but I wouldn't call him a Hero, I can't stand him or what he believes in. If you look at the video, no crime was commited , filming from a public area not on court property is perfectly legal. Arrested for breech of the peace - nothing else, which was nonsense, no disturbance or intimidation occured, then hauled before a judge, not a magistrate then sentenced to 13 months within a few hours and a ban on the media, if that's not a police state then nothing is
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:32 - May 28 with 2282 viewsomarjack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:08 - May 28 by controversial_jack

This has gone huge, it's known all around the world and become a massive embarrassment for this country, it has backfired big time, with Britain being called an Orwellian state

The irony is that most of his supporters want to turn the West into a bunch of separated White Supremacist,Fascist,anti-Liberal states where freedom of thoughts and beliefs is controlled and banned in some cases,people of colour either deported or under constant threat,where Feminism will take 50 years step back.

I'm not defending his imprisonment by the way.Although if he had it his way,he'd have done way worse to innocent people than what's being done to him right now.

F*cking inhumane waste of space and air..
[Post edited 28 May 2018 10:32]

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:35 - May 28 with 2274 viewsomarjack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:31 - May 28 by controversial_jack

He is a political prisoner, but I wouldn't call him a Hero, I can't stand him or what he believes in. If you look at the video, no crime was commited , filming from a public area not on court property is perfectly legal. Arrested for breech of the peace - nothing else, which was nonsense, no disturbance or intimidation occured, then hauled before a judge, not a magistrate then sentenced to 13 months within a few hours and a ban on the media, if that's not a police state then nothing is

I somehow agree with you,Although all he does is stirring up the pot..turn people against each other etc..Still this might be protected under Freedom of Speech..but sometimes there is a direct link between what he preaches and hate crimes against immigrants etc..just like if an Islamist imam who preaches about support of terrorism should be held accountable for terror attacks for example.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:41 - May 28 with 2267 viewscontroversial_jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:35 - May 28 by omarjack

I somehow agree with you,Although all he does is stirring up the pot..turn people against each other etc..Still this might be protected under Freedom of Speech..but sometimes there is a direct link between what he preaches and hate crimes against immigrants etc..just like if an Islamist imam who preaches about support of terrorism should be held accountable for terror attacks for example.

The govt, judiciary, whoever is behind this have played right into his hands, his and his supporters will have a huge increase in popularity and it's done far more harm to race relations than good
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:45 - May 28 with 2261 viewsomarjack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:41 - May 28 by controversial_jack

The govt, judiciary, whoever is behind this have played right into his hands, his and his supporters will have a huge increase in popularity and it's done far more harm to race relations than good

He won't gain more popularity because of this..it's not like a decent human being will wake up,read this news and suddenly decides to become an @sshole...@ssholes have always been around,scum like Robinson,Farage,Trump etc simply gave them a broader platform and courage to act like the @ssholes they are.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:52 - May 28 with 2251 viewsbluey_the_blue

Good grief, freedom of speech yadda yadda.

Ok, there's a chance he could have caused the trial to collapse but hey ho, freedom of speech and all that.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:59 - May 28 with 2246 viewscontroversial_jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:52 - May 28 by bluey_the_blue

Good grief, freedom of speech yadda yadda.

Ok, there's a chance he could have caused the trial to collapse but hey ho, freedom of speech and all that.

What trial?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024