Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TOMMY ROBINSON 07:42 - May 26 with 64843 viewsgetcarter

Not a fan but his arrest yesterday challenges freedom of speech.

This post has been edited by an administrator
TOMMY ROBINSON on 07:59 - May 26 with 11854 viewsSirjohnalot

Just read that there are reporting restrictions in place so I’ve removed my comment
[Post edited 26 May 2018 8:05]
TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:54 - May 26 with 11683 viewstheloneranger

It's a a disgrace and a shame on the British justice system if it's true what's going on behind closed doors.

EDIT

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-arrested-leeds-court-
[Post edited 26 May 2018 10:56]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

TOMMY ROBINSON on 11:01 - May 26 with 11659 viewsTheResurrection

Hope he never sees the light of day again, the utter self serving kunt.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 11:11 - May 26 with 11614 viewsDarran

Lets be honest here Robinson is nothing but an antagonistic prick sticking his beak in things that are no business of his own.

What happened yesterday is an utter disgrace though. I saw the video on twitter and honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

TOMMY ROBINSON on 11:31 - May 26 with 11588 viewsdickythorpe

What has he done?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:10 - May 26 with 11537 viewsSirjohnalot

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:54 - May 26 by theloneranger

It's a a disgrace and a shame on the British justice system if it's true what's going on behind closed doors.

EDIT

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-arrested-leeds-court-
[Post edited 26 May 2018 10:56]

It's nothing to do with things going on behind closed doors, its because the case that he was reporting on is still on going.

Therefore any reporting on his case could affect the ongoing trial. After the ongoing trial finishes, it will be reported

Makes perfect sense.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:24 - May 26 with 11502 viewstheloneranger

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:10 - May 26 by Sirjohnalot

It's nothing to do with things going on behind closed doors, its because the case that he was reporting on is still on going.

Therefore any reporting on his case could affect the ongoing trial. After the ongoing trial finishes, it will be reported

Makes perfect sense.

So taking Robinson out of the equation, do all major trials ban reporting until the trial is completed??
[Post edited 26 May 2018 12:34]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:42 - May 26 with 11469 viewsHighjack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:10 - May 26 by Sirjohnalot

Makes perfect sense.

Apparantly was filming members of the jury entering the court as well.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:49 - May 26 with 11445 viewsHighjack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:24 - May 26 by theloneranger

So taking Robinson out of the equation, do all major trials ban reporting until the trial is completed??

I imagine in cases of grooming and rape there are a lot of interests surrounding confidentiality and witness protection which results in curbs of journalistic freedoms.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:50 - May 26 with 11436 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:49 - May 26 by Highjack

I imagine in cases of grooming and rape there are a lot of interests surrounding confidentiality and witness protection which results in curbs of journalistic freedoms.

Indeed there are

He’s thick as pig sh!t

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:42 - May 26 with 11365 viewsSirjohnalot

TOMMY ROBINSON on 12:24 - May 26 by theloneranger

No. Reporting is one thing. I am not going to comment on this case but, what you are not allowed to do is to put things in the public media , eg opinions on the on going case as that may influence jurors if they see it

Jurors are told that they cannot discuss the case with their family, friends, eg, only amongst themselves when the case has finished. Obviously if someone were to comment on a case, giving their opinions, putting it on social media, family, friends of the jury may see it and increase the risk of a fair trial not happening.

That is different to reporting on the facts of the case as it is happening in court,
TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:44 - May 26 with 11357 viewsomarjack

Freedom of speech is believing that even your worst enemies have the right to speak their minds.

He should be allowed to be a semi-illiterate trashy c*nt..And I should be allowed to call him that :)
[Post edited 26 May 2018 13:45]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:48 - May 26 with 11340 viewsLord_Bony

TOMMY ROBINSON on 11:31 - May 26 by dickythorpe

What has he done?

Well this classic for a start...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:55 - May 26 with 11323 viewsNeath_Jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:42 - May 26 by Sirjohnalot

No. Reporting is one thing. I am not going to comment on this case but, what you are not allowed to do is to put things in the public media , eg opinions on the on going case as that may influence jurors if they see it

Jurors are told that they cannot discuss the case with their family, friends, eg, only amongst themselves when the case has finished. Obviously if someone were to comment on a case, giving their opinions, putting it on social media, family, friends of the jury may see it and increase the risk of a fair trial not happening.

That is different to reporting on the facts of the case as it is happening in court,

In today's social media driven world, try finding me an on-going case that isn't being dissected to the nth degree online.

It is definitely something that is impossible to control.

But it's the same as many things in life, authorities choose who they will target.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:59 - May 26 with 11306 viewsSirjohnalot

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:55 - May 26 by Neath_Jack

In today's social media driven world, try finding me an on-going case that isn't being dissected to the nth degree online.

It is definitely something that is impossible to control.

But it's the same as many things in life, authorities choose who they will target.

I agree, but there’s a difference between Joe from Penarth discussIng it with his 3 mates and another person who has 100,000 odd plus people supporting and following what they say.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:59 - May 26 with 11305 viewsHighjack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:44 - May 26 by omarjack

Freedom of speech is believing that even your worst enemies have the right to speak their minds.

He should be allowed to be a semi-illiterate trashy c*nt..And I should be allowed to call him that :)
[Post edited 26 May 2018 13:45]

Exactly right

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:01 - May 26 with 11302 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He was also on a suspended sentence

He’s a Facking idiot

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:12 - May 26 with 11281 viewscontroversial_jack

He was arrested for preventing a breech of the peace. It didn't even come close to breeching the peace.I can't stand him, but those police were out of order
TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:22 - May 26 with 11265 viewsDr_Winston

AS I understand it there are a number of interlinked proceedings. Reportage of one could ultimately conflict with the others, hence the media blackout, hence Robinson getting lifted for trying to breach that. It's f*ckall to do with freedom of speech.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:23 - May 26 with 11259 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:22 - May 26 by Dr_Winston

AS I understand it there are a number of interlinked proceedings. Reportage of one could ultimately conflict with the others, hence the media blackout, hence Robinson getting lifted for trying to breach that. It's f*ckall to do with freedom of speech.

Correct
It’s the law
End of thread

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:24 - May 26 with 11256 viewsSirjohnalot

Exactly right.

As I said above, as soon as the other trial concludes, it will be reported.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:28 - May 26 with 11238 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sense. Robinson’s disciples are nauseating in their devotion to the c*nt.

Poll: Tory leader

TOMMY ROBINSON on 14:38 - May 26 with 11215 viewsNeath_Jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 13:59 - May 26 by Sirjohnalot

I agree, but there’s a difference between Joe from Penarth discussIng it with his 3 mates and another person who has 100,000 odd plus people supporting and following what they say.

We've has hundreds if not thousands of posts on here, on any given high profile case, Ched Evans for example. So why isn't that particular blackout observed by those in position, for example, the owner of this website (And thousands of others of the same ilk).

I'm in no way trying to defend that goon by the way. He's a vile bloke, who appeals to the Daily Mail readers and facebook types who go by the middle names of "Madbloke", "Onamission", "Yummymummy", etc, etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 15:39 - May 26 with 11130 viewsSirjohnalot

Yes, and I’ve said exactly the same on those threads too that they should not be discussed (as far as opinions on guilt etc) when the trial is ongoing. In theory, as soon as a person is charged,

I’ve prosecuted and defended cases which have been in the paper and some of the public discussion bared no resemblance to what was happening in court or any of the details of the case. How on earth could anyone realistically have an opinion on a verdict unless they were in court and watched it ?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 16:12 - May 26 with 11072 viewsBadlands

The opinions he expressed could have been expressed in other situations and he would have been entitled to express them - but he chose to act as he has in breach of the law, knowing he was breaking the law and knowing it would get him publicity.

Freedom of speech only extends to being with the law.

If you believe freedom of speech is the freedom to say anything, anywhere and to anybody you are advocating a completely lawless society. It would mean pedophiles could groom children under the 'freedom of speech'; people could come up to you (me, your loved ones or anyone) in the street and hurl vicious abuse at them under 'freedom of speech'; women could be propositioned and verbally abused at work (in the street, on the doorstep) under 'freedom of speech'.

Our police and legal system has gone soft and should put thugs like Robinson and his religious counterpart in the dock.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024