Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The break up of the UK a step closer. 19:06 - May 26 with 5493 viewstrampie

After todays Irish abortion referendum it might well put the break up of the United Kingdom a step closer, a united Ireland will become more attractive to moderate people, staying in the EU is attractive to the majority in that part of the World with no hard border, Scotland nearly went a few years ago and they have a preference for being in the EU also, I remember the first Welsh Assembly result and what happened at the second time of asking, bookies were making it big odds on that Scotland would go the next time they are asked.
Wales is overrun by people from East of Offas Dyke but even those people might not like the way mother Ingerlund is going, a Monarchy in this day and age, unelected politicians in something called the Lords and even a state religion which puts England on a par with Haiti, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the Zionist state of Israel.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 22:30 - May 28 with 771 viewsBadlands

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 19:28 - May 27 by peenemunde

Every country in the Eu has equal input ?
Are you crazy.
Do you think an independent Wales would have equal input as Germany and France do ?
Wales would have zero influence and told to get into line, or their funding will be cut.

Are you crazy.
No
Every country in the EU has equality - every country has the same voice and same right of veto.
That is how Jean-Claude Juncker can be President of the European Commission and Luxembourg is far smaller than Wales.
President of the European Council is Herman Achille, Count Van Rompuy of Belgium another small nation.
Presidency rotates every 6 months so every country gets the opportunity.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 07:47 - May 29 with 725 viewsHighjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 22:30 - May 28 by Badlands

Are you crazy.
No
Every country in the EU has equality - every country has the same voice and same right of veto.
That is how Jean-Claude Juncker can be President of the European Commission and Luxembourg is far smaller than Wales.
President of the European Council is Herman Achille, Count Van Rompuy of Belgium another small nation.
Presidency rotates every 6 months so every country gets the opportunity.

All countries are equal but some are more equal than others.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 09:03 - May 29 with 699 viewsBadlands

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 07:47 - May 29 by Highjack

All countries are equal but some are more equal than others.

Agreed, but that is the same in all walks of life.
The EU does seem to promote those who are capable rather than those who think they are capable (which explains why the UK carried so little influence).
Malta and Liechtenstein carry more weight in the EU than Wales, Ireland or Scotland in the UK.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 15:03 - Jun 2 with 617 viewsjohnlangy

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 19:07 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I don’t understand your last sentence.

The total raised in taxation in Wales is c. £24bn. The total spent (public expenditure) is £38bn.

Wales raises 3.6% of the UK’s total revenue and spends 5.2%.

Wales is subsidised.

If that is not what you meant, I apologise. But Wales would find it incredibly difficult to survive on its own at present.

VERY late reply Lisa. Sorry. Hols, and general life stuff. My last sentence was written in haste. I know what I meant, I just wrote it in a rubbish way.

'The above sentence is a complete contradiction. Welsh people DO want a more prosperous country. The only way that will be achieved is by leaving the UK. Our income is provided by ourselves. But a substantial part of that income is siphoned off and spent mainly in England.'

That's what I wrote. Not the best eh ?

Regarding the Cardiff University report you mention in another post, it's referenced in the Yes Cymru booklet 'Independence In Your Pocket'. The booklet points out a number of things, one being that £6.5 billion of the deficit is covered by pensions. The Welsh population is out of balance with the rest of the UK age wise not helped by the fact that a huge number of English people have retired to Wales and ALL pensions paid to people living in Wales is classed as Welsh expenditure. So Wales is, in a way, paying the pensions of English people who retire to Wales. And carrying the extra cost of supporting those older people via social services and the Welsh NHS. No wonder it's struggling.

And, while that's going on the WAG is actively encouraging immigration into Wales. As I write i'm looking at a report where the government says 'policies will need at least to facilitate and perhaps actively encourage in-migration' and 'will mean catering .... to the preferences of prospective in-migrants over where to locate housing and the nature of housing provision'. And the report also openly accepts this could/would have a negative impact on the Welsh language, identity and culture.

So that's what those Local Development Plans (LDP's) are for. 17,000 houses in Swansea ? For Welsh people ? Gone off the point a bit there sorry.

And when you add to the 'Welsh Expenditure' figures 5% of all the money spent on UK national projects, virtually all of which are developed in England meaning that Wales sees no benefit even though it's costing us billions in so called 'expenditure', it makes the claim that Welsh Expenditure is £38 billion look pretty pointless. Really, it's meaningless.

Re taxation, i'll look further into that. I've read in so many accounts of VAT and CT being paid in a lump sum at HQ (eg Tesco) and not being apportioned back to source. Perhaps i'm wrong. It has been known .

Going further down the line, seeing as I referred earlier to the 'Independence In Your Pocket' booklet, an Independent Wales would save about a further £2 billion on that deficit simply by spending at a similar level to Eire on defence.

The apparent Welsh deficit suddenly becomes much more manageable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024