Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Honest Opinion. 19:06 - May 26 with 3553 viewslifelong

About next season in the Championship?

Having watched the play off final today,, plus most of the play off games, I really cannot help thinking we will struggle to make any impact on that league next season.

I expect flak from the usual suspects but that is the way I genuinely feel.
Your Honest Opinion. on 22:53 - May 26 with 1015 viewslifelong

Your Honest Opinion. on 22:25 - May 26 by TheResurrection

Another absolute vvank thread.

I had a feeling you might have said that, now what’s your honest opinion?
Your Honest Opinion. on 23:04 - May 26 with 989 viewsbonymine

Agree Rog I said to my sons during the season just ended that in my eyes we are a bottom half Championship side at best especially when we lose our best (or least worst 😂🙈) players.

Just look at the Clubs in the Championship, so many who are much bigger than us with far more financial clout the Yanks (sorry Hedge Fund Managers) will spend the square root of Phook All that’s why I see us finishing about 13th/14th next season to be honest.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:05 - May 26 with 986 viewsJacket

I've got to be honest, those matches I've seen in the Championship, I've been surprised at the difference in standard. I don't remember it being that bad when we were last there, but it probably was.

It might not help that most of the matches I've seen involved them lot down the road, and I'm not just saying this because it's them, they've been awful to watch. The majority of their season ticket holders wouldn't have signed up had they actually watched them play under Warnock. Dire, yet obviously effective in the Championship.
Your Honest Opinion. on 23:05 - May 26 with 984 viewsCroftyjack

Really!!!......think the Swans and West broms squads are much better than both cardiffs and Villas TBH....long as we keep what we want bar Mawson and Fab I think we could do well if the manager stamps his aunthority early on.
The fact that leeds are getting excited about signing 2 of our fringe players in Oli and Bartley says we do have more strength than we expect.
Your Honest Opinion. on 23:05 - May 26 with 984 viewsjasper_T

Our reserves beat Wolves over two legs we're gonna be fine.
Your Honest Opinion. on 23:13 - May 26 with 964 viewsJacket

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:05 - May 26 by jasper_T

The difference in class is very big, but not that big. It was hardly their first choice 11 either. I'd be amazed if Wolves don't stay up. There are some poor sides i'n the Prem, the fact we managed to finish behind Huddersfield is an indictment on everyone involved in this club - very poor squad.
Your Honest Opinion. on 23:13 - May 26 with 963 viewsbonymine

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:05 - May 26 by jasper_T

An FA Cup tie is not really a true reflection of any Club’s prospects over a 46 games season is it tbh?

We lack strength in depth big time and with little investment from our Hedge Fund Managers we will struggle to get into the top half of the league in my opinion but clearly I hope I am proved wrong come the season end !

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:22 - May 26 with 937 viewsjasper_T

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:13 - May 26 by bonymine

An FA Cup tie is not really a true reflection of any Club’s prospects over a 46 games season is it tbh?

We lack strength in depth big time and with little investment from our Hedge Fund Managers we will struggle to get into the top half of the league in my opinion but clearly I hope I am proved wrong come the season end !

It's a better reflection than a bunch of doom-saying based on nothing,

Our depth players tear up the Championship. We outclassed the runaway champions. We're in all likelihood going to be absolutely fine.
Login to get fewer ads

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:28 - May 26 with 925 viewsymaohyd

I was really excited about next season , then along game tonight?!

WTF is going on:

We need a manager

A clear blueprint of where we are going...

Instead more BS

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:38 - May 26 with 904 viewsbonymine

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:22 - May 26 by jasper_T

It's a better reflection than a bunch of doom-saying based on nothing,

Our depth players tear up the Championship. We outclassed the runaway champions. We're in all likelihood going to be absolutely fine.

I sincerely hope that you are proved correct Jasper but deep down I feel that with little investment in the squad anticipated and the significant number of players leaving we will be left with the bare bones of a squad trying to compete in a VERY competitive league.

You are well aware of the attributes of the U23 squad and yes indeed we hopefully will have Ollie back but other than that I feel it would still be a big step up for the likes of George Byers, Adnan Maric and Dan James and then the younger ‘progressors’ such as Jack Evans (his old man Marcus was a decent player 😉) Cian, Hazza & Matthew Blake (tidy cricketer too 👍) who still have a lot to learn.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to seeing us playing in a League where we can once again ‘express ourselves’ in footballing terms under the right Manager hopefully (Potter ?) and get our much lauded ‘footballing identity’ back and once again reconnect with the fans just as we did under Roberto, Laudrup & Brendan ....

We can but hope 🤞🤞🤞

Your Honest Opinion. on 23:50 - May 26 with 879 viewsPozuelosSideys

Looking forward to it. Having less wall to wall 24 hour coverage and seeing every single game will be a blessing. Going back to shiity grounds we havent been to in ages.

More than happy to see a season of consolidation, but only if we recruit some talented, young prospects and we see signs of moving back to what we were. What i wont tolerate is more recycled garbage and continuing to be some cardboard cutout bore artists.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Your Honest Opinion. on 01:18 - May 27 with 837 viewsomarjack

Weirdly and against my usual self,I believe,with the right managerial appointment (Graham Potter would be one in my opinion) and keeping some decent core players who could stay with us realistically,plus a few good signings with an actual purpose (and not just for the sake of signing someone) we should be fine,by fine I mean minimum top 6 finish.

But whether we'll be able to bounce back or not it's a different story.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Your Honest Opinion. on 01:42 - May 27 with 824 viewsstAteSwan

Should we be fine? Yes.

However, my confidence in the club and the people running it is not exactly at an all time high at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024