Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Honest Opinion. 19:06 - May 26 with 3552 viewslifelong

About next season in the Championship?

Having watched the play off final today,, plus most of the play off games, I really cannot help thinking we will struggle to make any impact on that league next season.

I expect flak from the usual suspects but that is the way I genuinely feel.
Your Honest Opinion. on 19:09 - May 26 with 2502 viewsjasper_T

We're gonna walk it.
Your Honest Opinion. on 19:09 - May 26 with 2500 viewsPegojack

Hard to say until we know who the manager is and what the squad looks like.
Your Honest Opinion. on 19:10 - May 26 with 2487 viewsmax936

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:09 - May 26 by Pegojack

This.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:11 - May 26 with 2471 viewslonglostjack

I thought Villa and Cardiff were pretty dire. Fulham and Wolves I can understand. We'll have a good chance if the club is put on a proper footing. The problem is that as the Germans saying goes - the fish stinks from the head.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:11 - May 26 with 2470 viewsmonmouth

I'd prefer not to think about it. Lets see what shape we are in in August. Can't say I'm bursting with anticipation if we cant get more hunger and steel into the team. That's the way it goes though. We've been waning for a long time. The cycle takes time to reverse. I'll settle for solid mid table and putting some foundations in place next year all day long. If we don't do that we'd probably be straight back down if we made it up anyway. There's no getting away from the unpleasant feeling that we are currently a total state. Hopefully we'll have a new manager shortly and start to put some proper plans in place.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:13 - May 26 with 2446 viewsFireboy2

Agreed
Your Honest Opinion. on 19:15 - May 26 with 2425 viewsGlyn1

You're probably right. We'll be competing for 3 promotion places with the other 2 relegated sides plus the big boys down there (Aston Villa, Leeds, Sheffield Wed / Utd etc.)

Fulham were abysmal when they were relegated 4 years ago but they've now been promoted playing attractive passing football, and I'll be happy if we do the same.

And I guarantee that we'll win more games than we did last season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:16 - May 26 with 2421 viewsmoonie

Usual suspects with the great actor Kevin Spacey.

What a film
Login to get fewer ads

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:16 - May 26 with 2421 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The way things are right now, I'd be happy to consolidate. But let's see what happens with the squad.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:19 - May 26 with 2396 viewsFlashberryjack

If the same clown is running things...expect a similar outcome, no matter who the next manager is....we're fooked.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:40 - May 26 with 2276 viewsRancid

Really looking forward to it.I dont expect us to go straight back up and will be happy if we dont go down again.A season of consolidation with the real fans back.👌
Your Honest Opinion. on 19:43 - May 26 with 2246 viewsOldjack

As it stands we're a shambles on and off the pitch

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:48 - May 26 with 2223 viewsAmbergambler

Your Honest Opinion. on 19:09 - May 26 by jasper_T

We're gonna walk it.

That's exactly what we will do - walk it!
Your Honest Opinion. on 20:22 - May 26 with 2126 viewsawayjack

Yup. Some of our players who were poor in PL will look like different players in Championship, look at Bartley at Leeds and McB at Barnsley. Concern is we sell off all the quality but let's see what happens.
Your Honest Opinion. on 20:25 - May 26 with 2104 viewsmajorraglan

Unless things change, it’s going to be a long hard slog. A lot of players will leave and they are going to need replacing, I am not convinced the club is ready to handle the challlenge ahead.
Your Honest Opinion. on 20:31 - May 26 with 2086 viewsWingstandwood

IMO promotion next season will be an absolute miracle because the whole squad looks set to be ripped apart in a significant fashion and a new playing system, coaches, training regime and manager will be introduced.

It'll take many games just for a new team and system to gel and get into full swing because teamwise it'll basically be a case of starting all over again from scratch.

Argus!

Your Honest Opinion. on 20:36 - May 26 with 2037 viewsLoyal

This lot wouldn't win league 1. Fcking ponces the lot of them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Your Honest Opinion. on 20:41 - May 26 with 1994 viewsLoyal

Your Honest Opinion. on 20:31 - May 26 by Wingstandwood

IMO promotion next season will be an absolute miracle because the whole squad looks set to be ripped apart in a significant fashion and a new playing system, coaches, training regime and manager will be introduced.

It'll take many games just for a new team and system to gel and get into full swing because teamwise it'll basically be a case of starting all over again from scratch.

Well it will if the new manager appointment is delayed by the idiot.
The whole thing is about cost cutting, there's no way Potter will be appointed with a full training team and able to work with a completed squad to his own requirement. Anyone who thinks he will is fcking bonkers.
This is all about Jenkins and nobody else.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Your Honest Opinion. on 21:32 - May 26 with 1876 viewsWingstandwood

Your Honest Opinion. on 20:41 - May 26 by Loyal

Well it will if the new manager appointment is delayed by the idiot.
The whole thing is about cost cutting, there's no way Potter will be appointed with a full training team and able to work with a completed squad to his own requirement. Anyone who thinks he will is fcking bonkers.
This is all about Jenkins and nobody else.

Delayed?....Now it would be a travesty, but it should come as no surprise if a certain someone at the very top of SCFC hierarchy (*cough, cough, cough, cough*) sells SCFC's better players and signs substandard replacements even before our new manager and training team arrives. A case of , sorry you can't sign anyone, the entire seasons transfer budget has already been spent.

With the shenanigans and black comedy surrealism and farce witnessed at SCFC over the last couple of years I think it should be considered to be an expected outcome.

Argus!

Your Honest Opinion. on 21:48 - May 26 with 1842 viewsswan65split

just spend the money on Bale, he "ll do it on his own....even injured.
Your Honest Opinion. on 21:59 - May 26 with 1799 viewsLoyal

Your Honest Opinion. on 21:32 - May 26 by Wingstandwood

Delayed?....Now it would be a travesty, but it should come as no surprise if a certain someone at the very top of SCFC hierarchy (*cough, cough, cough, cough*) sells SCFC's better players and signs substandard replacements even before our new manager and training team arrives. A case of , sorry you can't sign anyone, the entire seasons transfer budget has already been spent.

With the shenanigans and black comedy surrealism and farce witnessed at SCFC over the last couple of years I think it should be considered to be an expected outcome.

It's what he does, it's what he always does, nobody keeps him in check, the trust are pointless, the fans had their opportunity and bottled it so we reap what we sow.
A deluded millionaire chairman, major shareholders fronting more people than we know or in their entirety care fck all about Swansea. Questionable multi million contracts with direct links to board members, player signings that on the surface are sourced from a small pool of agents all signed by the same chairman who has presided over the whole thing.

And even when he constantly fails he is continually endorsed, continually supported not only by the board and Americans but by the thick lilly livered Swansea fans who have no idea about fight or struggle, have no passion or desire to do anything but criticise those that do.

Jokers, from the boardroom to the stands, a complete and utter big pile of steaming, cowardly, corruptable, scared, thick shitheads.

Enjoy the summer.
[Post edited 26 May 2018 21:59]

Your Honest Opinion. on 22:08 - May 26 with 1758 viewsWingstandwood

Your Honest Opinion. on 21:59 - May 26 by Loyal

It's what he does, it's what he always does, nobody keeps him in check, the trust are pointless, the fans had their opportunity and bottled it so we reap what we sow.
A deluded millionaire chairman, major shareholders fronting more people than we know or in their entirety care fck all about Swansea. Questionable multi million contracts with direct links to board members, player signings that on the surface are sourced from a small pool of agents all signed by the same chairman who has presided over the whole thing.

And even when he constantly fails he is continually endorsed, continually supported not only by the board and Americans but by the thick lilly livered Swansea fans who have no idea about fight or struggle, have no passion or desire to do anything but criticise those that do.

Jokers, from the boardroom to the stands, a complete and utter big pile of steaming, cowardly, corruptable, scared, thick shitheads.

Enjoy the summer.
[Post edited 26 May 2018 21:59]

Bang on!

The one that really gets to me? The "better-the-devil-you-know" logic from some of our supporters that think Jenkins must stay because the ramification of him leaving and having a replacement to take charge could be even worse.

FFS he's already p#ssed tens of millions of Pounds down the drain....got the club relegated....wasted millions on managerial compensation pay-outs....stopped Brendan Rodgers returning....alienated the supporter base....betrayed the supporters and Trust....overseen the Vice Presidents disgrace etc, etc, etc how the f#ck could it get even worse?

Argus!

Your Honest Opinion. on 22:20 - May 26 with 1710 viewsswanforthemoney

We just need to consolidate next season let Potter get settled, stay up, then push on the next season before the parachute payments run out.

I stand in the North Stand

Your Honest Opinion. on 22:25 - May 26 with 1692 viewsTheResurrection

Another absolute vvank thread.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Your Honest Opinion. on 22:46 - May 26 with 1628 viewsmajorraglan

Your Honest Opinion. on 20:22 - May 26 by awayjack

Yup. Some of our players who were poor in PL will look like different players in Championship, look at Bartley at Leeds and McB at Barnsley. Concern is we sell off all the quality but let's see what happens.

I think there is a good chance a significant number of the existing squad will be moved on whether the club like it or not -if they have a wage reduction clause how many will want to stick around? I think it’s a given that the quality players will move on leaving the poorer players no one else wants.
Some of the players at the club will do a good job at the Championship which will be easier than the PL, but that’s not to say it’s going to be easy. 46 games, some of which will be against tough physical teams presents its own challenge and I don’t think the squad has enough steel in it.

The concern for me is that the transfer window is open and will close much earlier this year, the club needs to be active moving on players so that it can recruit. Also, any signings that take place in the immediate future are likely to be players identified by the current recruiting team, who, lets face it have a very mixed record! The club needs to appoint a manager and a technical director ASAP if it is to make the maximum use of the advantage parachute payments could bring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024