Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club 11:09 - May 28 with 13298 viewsQJumpingJack

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/05/28/where-do-we-go-from-here-managing-the-cl

which includes:

Who is the right man to lead this review and make the necessary decisions? A few years ago that would have been an easy question to answer. If we look at this dispassionately, Huw Jenkins’ record for a long time was as good as anyone in the game. Sadly his track record in recent years is pretty much the polar opposite. Due to the continued failings in recruitment, both player and managerial, the Supporters Trust has called for the removal of Huw Jenkins as Chairman and as such we do not believe he is the right man to lead that exercise.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 20:55 - Jun 1 with 1204 viewsbonymine

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 17:07 - Jun 1 by MoscowJack

THAT is the $1m question and a very good one!

I, and many, believe that Jenkins signed ON BEHALF of all Directors in Dec 2015 when there were rumours going around that Yanks V1 were coming back with a better offer. Nobody outside of the club, including the Trust, knew it was Yanks V2.....but it was only HJ & LD who knew the deal was signed (or about to be) based on us staying up that season.

Yanks V2 became more common knowledge after the were at the Liverpool game (coincidentally MM's first missed away game for many years) but, again, only a couple of people knew that this was a seriously interested party who were already negotiating terms. I don't know the numbers but the club had quite a few potential buyers pass through to watch games over the years, so it was nothing out of the ordinary.

There were two Chinese groups interested, I THINK, but neither got to offer stage or were given the chance to before Yanks V2 were signed up. Let's not forget how poor our form was and relegation was a real possibility, so HJ & LD did the deal. I might be wrong but one of those Chinese groups turned out to be fake and one went on to buy West Brom.

Saying all this, the reality is that the Yanks have more access to money than the old Board did or would, so we MIGHT see a push for promotion this season if they don't strip the squad too thin. There's been little difference between the old board and new one (Bob Bradley aside) but the acid test comes over the coming weeks. The only worries for me are (1) would they "invest" in a promotion push and expect the Trust to contribute 21% of that investment (which would strip the Trust of their fighting fund) and (2) would they want to "invest" while there's a potential court case with their business partners on the horizon?

I think the answer to every question with the Yanks is always going to be....whatever's best for their investment as they have a lot of investors to pacify! Promotion at the first attempt HAS to be their priority and I would guess that they would love to do it whilst replacing our very high earners with far less costly replacements so there's a more manageable wage bill if we get back to the PL.

Poor old Martin the innocent party in all of this 😂😂😂.......don’t make me laugh I know more of course but I am tongue tied until I get my Decree Nisi it won’t be long now been going on for 3 years .... they’re all scumbags blaming each other now to save face !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 10:37 - Jun 2 with 1082 views3swan

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:35 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

Exactly, Nick is portraying MM as the hard done by business partner.

When in reality, he's an extremely wealthy chap who could have gifted The Trust a percentage of his shares and not even notice it.

Which is why I asked the question.

The 'facts' that have been reported is that it was HJ & LD that set up the sale without the knowledge of others.

We also read that MM was interested in talking to the Chinese consortium.

The Trust were excluded from any sale to the new owners.

Now, as understood, that MM was the main business/money man behind the previous owners, it is strange to say the least that he backs the sale when it was started without his knowledge.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 11:06 - Jun 2 with 1051 views34dfgdf54

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:35 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

Exactly, Nick is portraying MM as the hard done by business partner.

When in reality, he's an extremely wealthy chap who could have gifted The Trust a percentage of his shares and not even notice it.

Lol tell me about it.

Martin’s wiping away the tears of being stitched up by Jenkins and Dinnen with the crisp piles of £50 pound notes that, funnily enough, Jenkins and Dinesen got him by selling to yanks. How can Jenkins and Dineen sell anyone’s shares but theirselves? Doesn’t make sense to me.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:16 - Jun 2 with 1011 viewsE20Jack

Why don’t the Trust sell his hotel?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024