Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sciatica :-( 09:19 - May 29 with 7095 viewsbazzool

I know im not the only person with this but if you have got it what do you use for the pain, i cant even walk hardly, i woke up sat morning with it and its the worst pain iv had in a while, cant get comfy , im trying to do excersizes but its just to painfull, this is my first time having it, left cheek down to my foot which is tingly and feels numb, hope it clears up soon
Sciatica :-( on 19:34 - May 29 with 1863 viewsattila_the_hun

great football thread this

"I'm Free"

Sciatica :-( on 20:26 - May 29 with 1826 viewsJinxy

Sciatica :-( on 19:34 - May 29 by attila_the_hun

I know, it's on the wrong forum etc. but it's nice for someone to reach out, and for some to try and help. Restores the faith maybe?
Sciatica :-( on 20:41 - May 29 with 1813 viewstheloneranger

Sciatica :-( on 16:29 - May 29 by bazzool

Im always tired anyway, working away from home all the travelling and 3 kids lol

Just remember that Tramadol is an opioid, and if you're driving you should carry a copy of your prescription in your car.

This is to show the police that they've been prescribed, in case you are stopped and given a saliva test

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sciatica :-( on 21:59 - May 29 with 1783 viewsRebMegJack

Mate most of sciatica is caused when your hips/ lower back is out of line get your ass to a chiropractor fk the drugs they’re only a short term measure ps there’s a guy I Goto in port Talbot,hands the size of pit shovels he fixed me good luck pm me if u need his number

#livingthedream

Sciatica :-( on 22:58 - May 29 with 1752 viewsbazzool

Sciatica :-( on 21:59 - May 29 by RebMegJack

Mate most of sciatica is caused when your hips/ lower back is out of line get your ass to a chiropractor fk the drugs they’re only a short term measure ps there’s a guy I Goto in port Talbot,hands the size of pit shovels he fixed me good luck pm me if u need his number

The drugs are short term, im waiting for mri scan to see whats what then and only then will i decide about what is the best, but thanks
Sciatica :-( on 22:59 - May 29 with 1751 viewsbazzool

Sciatica :-( on 20:26 - May 29 by Jinxy

I know, it's on the wrong forum etc. but it's nice for someone to reach out, and for some to try and help. Restores the faith maybe?

Sorry wrong forum but f##k it iv seen plenty of non football threads here
Sciatica :-( on 11:21 - May 30 with 1684 viewsDyfnant

Sciatica :-( on 22:58 - May 29 by bazzool

The drugs are short term, im waiting for mri scan to see whats what then and only then will i decide about what is the best, but thanks

The drugs are short term for the lucky ones. Reassess what you do physically that may possibly impact your physical well being and make changes. It could be too late in a month or two

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Sciatica :-( on 21:59 - May 30 with 1629 viewsSgorioFruit

I suffer with sciatica something terrible.
Im aged 34 now and have suffered with some niggle with my back since I was 16. It probably comes from self inflicted behaviour. Running up and down mountains with a ruck sack full of bricks when I was younger probably didn't help.
The last few years have been down to just poor posture and not training my core muscles to take the pressure off my back.
I have had numerous xrays, months and months of chiropractor appointments, physio at hospital, acupuncture, even trained in pilates to sort my core muscles out. And still I suffer.

I've always been physically fit before during and after leaving the forces, and now I have an even more physically demanding job wading through waist deep water an chopping trees down. I still feel there's a weakness in my lower right back and I have done my own research and presented it to my GP who said I was more than likely correct.

The sacroiliac joint on the right side of my pelvis locks up which prevents me to move as im meant to. This causes all the muscle around the joint to grip and lock which is where the severe pain comes from, this locked muscle then pinches the sciatic nerve, which makes my whole right leg go dead, at night is the worse it feels like im having little electric shocks starting from my lower right back all way down my leg and all way up to the right side of my head. Feels like half my body is floating away.
My mrs rubs ibuprofen gel on my lower back around where the sacroiliac joint is and I can instantly feel the release in tension and it frees my back up.

Not sure what the cure is for my injury, I try not to moan too much about it as it is minimal compare to what others are going through, but it don't half piss me off some days. I just need to do more stretching, train the core muscles more, and be careful with the heavy lifting in work etc.

that's my sciatica story.
[Post edited 30 May 2018 22:00]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Sciatica :-( on 12:32 - May 31 with 1569 viewsAl_Bundy

Sciatica :-( on 21:59 - May 30 by SgorioFruit

Im aged 34 now and have suffered with some niggle with my back since I was 16. It probably comes from self inflicted behaviour. Running up and down mountains with a ruck sack full of bricks when I was younger probably didn't help.
The last few years have been down to just poor posture and not training my core muscles to take the pressure off my back.
I have had numerous xrays, months and months of chiropractor appointments, physio at hospital, acupuncture, even trained in pilates to sort my core muscles out. And still I suffer.

I've always been physically fit before during and after leaving the forces, and now I have an even more physically demanding job wading through waist deep water an chopping trees down. I still feel there's a weakness in my lower right back and I have done my own research and presented it to my GP who said I was more than likely correct.

The sacroiliac joint on the right side of my pelvis locks up which prevents me to move as im meant to. This causes all the muscle around the joint to grip and lock which is where the severe pain comes from, this locked muscle then pinches the sciatic nerve, which makes my whole right leg go dead, at night is the worse it feels like im having little electric shocks starting from my lower right back all way down my leg and all way up to the right side of my head. Feels like half my body is floating away.
My mrs rubs ibuprofen gel on my lower back around where the sacroiliac joint is and I can instantly feel the release in tension and it frees my back up.

Not sure what the cure is for my injury, I try not to moan too much about it as it is minimal compare to what others are going through, but it don't half piss me off some days. I just need to do more stretching, train the core muscles more, and be careful with the heavy lifting in work etc.

"i try not to moan about it" Lol !!
Sciatica :-( on 15:45 - May 31 with 1532 viewsSgorioFruit

Sciatica :-( on 12:32 - May 31 by Al_Bundy

"i try not to moan about it" Lol !!

Sod it, in for a penny

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Sciatica :-( on 16:23 - May 31 with 1515 viewsbazzool

Sciatica :-( on 21:59 - May 30 by SgorioFruit

I feel for you mate, its terrible pain
Sciatica :-( on 16:49 - May 31 with 1502 viewsOptimisticJack

Been suffering with sciatica for past 2 or 3 months. Pain will go from minor to severe for no apparent reason. It's a really debilitating condition when at its worse.

Optimisticjack

Sciatica :-( on 16:54 - May 31 with 1494 viewsbazzool

Tell me about it, i was fine driving home friday night then sat morning shear agony, and full sweats on with pain, it was a 7hour drive maybe thats what triggered it off
Sciatica :-( on 17:02 - May 31 with 1490 viewsOptimisticJack

Sciatica :-( on 16:54 - May 31 by bazzool

Tell me about it, i was fine driving home friday night then sat morning shear agony, and full sweats on with pain, it was a 7hour drive maybe thats what triggered it off

Driving is one of the trigger points for me too

Optimisticjack

Sciatica :-( on 17:03 - May 31 with 1488 viewssquarebear

Sciatica :-( on 19:34 - May 29 by attila_the_hun

John Hartson once had a slipped disc. (Tenuous football link now established).

I had this once. It began with an odd feeling of knots in my back whenever I stood up. Then after a few months whenever I got out of the car and straightened up I’d get a five second blast of excruciating pain that would have me bent face down across the car bonnet.

Bizarrely, once that blast of pain passed I’d be fine, I could run, jump, play football unhampered. My missus thought I was putting it on.

As time passed the symptoms began to appear in my behind and down my leg. The doctor sent me to a physio. This did nothing. Not for me, at least. As the pain in my leg worsened I began to walk slower and slower, bent over like a very old man (I was 39). Getting into the car would take an age, and once seated I’d be screaming with pain. One morning, after my screaming I opened my eyes and saw my neighbour, ashen-faced, pretending he hadn’t seen me. God knows what he thought.

My missus even persuaded me to visit her healer (I know, I know) but I was scared of the thought of surgery so had a couple of healing sessions (made no difference).

An MRI scan revealed I had a prolapsed disc that was pressing on my sciatic nerve. At some points in the body the sciatic nerve is about as thick as your thumb - a veritable superhighway of nerves; not some tiddler. Still anxious to avoid an operation I took the scan to a chiropractor who shook his head saying “Surgery is your only option”.

Had I been a bit quicker to seek treatment then maybe I could have averted the need for surgery.

Meanwhile the pain worsened until it reached the point that I was curled up on the floor, eating my food like a cat. If dignitas had been next door, and I’m not proud of this, I’d have crawled there, albeit very slowly. My missus did a few reiki sessions on me (you know what? They didn’t stop the pain but they certainly put me to sleep for an hour which came as blessed relief).

Finally I called the hospital and within a week I was in. Sheer relief. The nurses reckoned they got loads of blokes, 6 foot plus, aged about 40, in for slipped discs.

I still very occasionally get back pain (though no sciatica thankfully) if I try and run too far or perhaps get press-ganged into a game of 5-a-side. I see a chiropractor every few months for an adjustment. I think of it as almost like getting the car serviced.

But yeah, sciatica. Whoever is suffering with this has my heartfelt sympathy. It’s bloody terrible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024