Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What grounds will be missed the.... 12:29 - May 30 with 3949 viewscentrestandswan

most for away games in the Prem' now we have the Championship to look forward to?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:32 - May 30 with 3090 viewswobbly

Fulham.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:34 - May 30 with 3079 viewspencoedjack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:32 - May 30 by wobbly

Fulham.

Beat me to it
What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:54 - May 30 with 3030 viewsBenJ94

If I'm being honest, none of them. It was great to go to your Old Trafford's and Stamford Bridge's, but they were boring after 2 seasons or so, and never really felt an atmosphere in a premier league ground than you did when in the lower leagues. I'm hoping a season or 2 in the championship regenerate's the atmosphere down the lib aswell. Nothing worse than trying to scream, shout and sing your team to earn a point.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 13:13 - May 30 with 2995 viewsPrivate_Partz

All of them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What grounds will be missed the.... on 15:39 - May 30 with 2886 viewsAlfieMooresSon

West Brom away is a good trip, at least they are down.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 16:47 - May 30 with 2807 viewsawayjack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 12:54 - May 30 by BenJ94

If I'm being honest, none of them. It was great to go to your Old Trafford's and Stamford Bridge's, but they were boring after 2 seasons or so, and never really felt an atmosphere in a premier league ground than you did when in the lower leagues. I'm hoping a season or 2 in the championship regenerate's the atmosphere down the lib aswell. Nothing worse than trying to scream, shout and sing your team to earn a point.

I'm with you on this. The so called top grounds had poor atmosphere after novelty wore off, so I won't miss libraries like Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd and City. I preferred older grounds like Palace and WBA.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 16:55 - May 30 with 2790 viewsE20Jack

As someone who lived in London for the majority of our PL stint, I was predominantly going to away games and not a single ground I will miss.

In fact, the only one in recent memory I have fond memories from is Aston Villa. The likes of Man City, Spurs, West Ham et al are hardly the bastions of footballing experience.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

What grounds will be missed the.... on 16:58 - May 30 with 2772 viewspencoedjack

I would of done a trip Spurs new ground
Login to get fewer ads

What grounds will be missed the.... on 17:14 - May 30 with 2739 viewsturkontour

What grounds will be missed the.... on 16:58 - May 30 by pencoedjack

Burnley - proper old school
What grounds will be missed the.... on 17:14 - May 30 with 2739 viewsthornabyswan

What grounds will be missed the.... on 16:58 - May 30 by pencoedjack

Prefer a trip to Rotherham myself.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

What grounds will be missed the.... on 17:15 - May 30 with 2739 viewsMrSwerve

Spot on. It was a dream to do Old Trafford etc and one day I hope that we can do it again...but you really feel like you're watching the PL 'brand' rather than a football match. Like I said though, a dream to see us at that level. The best atmospheres though were always against the 'smaller' bottom half teams...teams that tend to yo yo between the Championship and the PL.

I'm gutted we got relegated but as I've said before, the only positive I can find is the excitement about going to some proper grounds again.
[Post edited 30 May 2018 17:16]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:06 - May 30 with 2678 viewsBillyChong

It didn’t help that once less of our fans went away (understandably after already being to the same grounds a few times) the away ends at the ‘bigger’ clubs were getting filled with home fans and neutrals.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:13 - May 30 with 2663 viewsE20Jack

The whole experience became stale. Nobody can really say these past few years have been fun.

It’s fun if you have being innovative and having a real go, but after 7 years at that level the squad had weakened to such a point and our finances spiralled to such a point where our only option was to hang in there for as long as possible. We are a small club with very little income outside the TV rights money, it is amazing we managed to stay there for so long and have the success we did.

We now need to hit the reset button and find our way again, so anyone who will miss aspects of the PL may find that they have been missing them for the past few years maybe without realising it. All that was fun about it stopped years ago.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:40 - May 30 with 2619 viewsPrivate_Partz

What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:13 - May 30 by E20Jack

The whole experience became stale. Nobody can really say these past few years have been fun.

It’s fun if you have being innovative and having a real go, but after 7 years at that level the squad had weakened to such a point and our finances spiralled to such a point where our only option was to hang in there for as long as possible. We are a small club with very little income outside the TV rights money, it is amazing we managed to stay there for so long and have the success we did.

We now need to hit the reset button and find our way again, so anyone who will miss aspects of the PL may find that they have been missing them for the past few years maybe without realising it. All that was fun about it stopped years ago.

Al the fun stopped when ego, incompetence and greed kicked in. If lack of fun = lack of success. The last three years were not inevitable. We had to work hard to get it this bad.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:53 - May 30 with 2609 viewsNeath_Jack

None of them.

Only one ground i'll ever miss, and that's the Vetch.

All other stadiums are just some other teams place, a complete irrelevance to me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What grounds will be missed the.... on 19:07 - May 30 with 2574 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:40 - May 30 by Private_Partz

Al the fun stopped when ego, incompetence and greed kicked in. If lack of fun = lack of success. The last three years were not inevitable. We had to work hard to get it this bad.

It really was inevitable.

Why is it you think the only ever presents in the PL are the massive clubs?

No matter how well you are run and no matter how many correct decisions you make, eventually if you do not have the income to support staying there you will regress. Costs go up every single year you stay there.

In our most successful years, we still had much of the squad on Championship, lower end PL wages. We had a strong core meaning we only had to add one or two to freshen up.

As soon as that core got old and past it we could no longer slowly drip feed signings in as they were no longer protected by what was around them.

It is not a coincidence that should we have stayed up this year at Southampton’s expense, we would have been only bettered by Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton in terms of continuous length at that level currently in the league. Everyone else succumbed to the same fate, and inevitably so did we.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 19:11 - May 30 with 2561 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 18:53 - May 30 by Neath_Jack

None of them.

Only one ground i'll ever miss, and that's the Vetch.

All other stadiums are just some other teams place, a complete irrelevance to me.

X100.

The greatest stadium of them all.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 19:13 - May 30 with 2557 viewsLeonWasGod

You’re in for a shock. Seen a fair bit Championship footie since we’ve been in the PL and the atmospheres tend to be pretty shite in half-filled grounds.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 23:30 - May 30 with 2386 viewsKilkennyjack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 19:07 - May 30 by E20Jack

No matter how well you are run and no matter how many correct decisions you make, eventually if you do not have the income to support staying there you will regress. Costs go up every single year you stay there.

In our most successful years, we still had much of the squad on Championship, lower end PL wages. We had a strong core meaning we only had to add one or two to freshen up.

As soon as that core got old and past it we could no longer slowly drip feed signings in as they were no longer protected by what was around them.

It is not a coincidence that should we have stayed up this year at Southampton’s expense, we would have been only bettered by Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton in terms of continuous length at that level currently in the league. Everyone else succumbed to the same fate, and inevitably so did we.

Alternatively ....its quite hard to spend circa £700m and end up with a worse squad then you started with. Thats our new reality. Huw ?

Beware of the Risen People

What grounds will be missed the.... on 23:35 - May 30 with 2376 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 23:30 - May 30 by Kilkennyjack

Alternatively ....its quite hard to spend circa £700m and end up with a worse squad then you started with. Thats our new reality. Huw ?

It wasn’t a 700m net spend though was it.

If my house is worth 700k and I sell it, the chances are 7 years down the line when the market moves I will end up with a worse house. But I was forced to sell the house initially as it was a year or two from being valued at zero.

This principle is why it is almost impossible for longevity in the PL for a club that has to sell to spend, which is why none of them stay there. Why people think we would be different is beyond me.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 01:34 - May 31 with 2311 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Best post I have seen on our plight. Agree totally.
What grounds will be missed the.... on 09:30 - May 31 with 2193 viewsmoonie

Sadly, we did he hard work in the first three seasons and by now should have been the reason we went down was because we simply replaced quality players with unadulterated garbage .

Not so much the amount of income but how it was spent.

Burnley ,by contrast, stand alone in fiscal prudence .

I ll miss all the historic clubs
What grounds will be missed the.... on 10:54 - May 31 with 2157 viewsE20Jack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 09:30 - May 31 by moonie

Sadly, we did he hard work in the first three seasons and by now should have been the reason we went down was because we simply replaced quality players with unadulterated garbage .

Not so much the amount of income but how it was spent.

Burnley ,by contrast, stand alone in fiscal prudence .

I ll miss all the historic clubs

They will also sink back to the Championship soon enough. Nobody is immune.

What grounds will be missed the.... on 10:58 - May 31 with 2153 viewsNookiejack

Yes too right and The Trust Board didn't see it, they thought we would stay in the PL forever.

Apparently 49 clubs have now played in the PL.

Yes 49 clubs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_clubs
What grounds will be missed the.... on 11:11 - May 31 with 2139 viewspencoedjack

What grounds will be missed the.... on 23:35 - May 30 by E20Jack

It wasn’t a 700m net spend though was it.

If my house is worth 700k and I sell it, the chances are 7 years down the line when the market moves I will end up with a worse house. But I was forced to sell the house initially as it was a year or two from being valued at zero.

This principle is why it is almost impossible for longevity in the PL for a club that has to sell to spend, which is why none of them stay there. Why people think we would be different is beyond me.

On the other hand if I sold my house at the right time I could make a huge profit & if I continued to reinvest it correctly I would build up a decent nest egg

Also if I rent & looked after the house I would basically making that house more valuable to the owner.

Unfortunately in footballing terms ( as an example & there are many) we made around a 25 million pound profit on our star man last summer & reinvested with garbage

We loaned Sanchez & Abraham didn’t look after them & there value is now probably less than when we rented them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024