Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers 15:55 - Jun 1 with 13213 viewscentrestandswan

mid noughties

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:08 - Jun 1 with 2562 viewsNeathJack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:48 - Jun 1 by bonymine

Can anybody remember what year it was at Twerton Park when we tried to enter the nearest pub by the ground and the next thing a one armed bandit was flying through the air at us in the doorway .....I kid you not I’m sure somebody will remember that day ? 😂😂

Pretty sure that was the 2-2 game. We were in the pub by the station and getting a taxi to the pub by the ground. A group of Jacks got in the taxi in front to go there and by the time our taxi had reached the pub there an ambulance there to pick up the pieces!
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:11 - Jun 1 with 2554 viewsbonymine

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:01 - Jun 1 by 1462jack

Was that 1994 or 2001 ?

Not sure mate when you get to my age & have been to Bristol Rovers Away at Eastville, Twerton Park & the Memorial Ground etc over the years they all tend to ‘merge together’ ......or is that the start of memory loss for me ? 🙈🙈😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:21 - Jun 1 with 2526 viewsTheResurrection

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 19:32 - Jun 1 by centrestandswan

this Swans minivan got done.

some unhappy Swans fans have a discussion with Avon and Somerset's finest.

after the game we were herded out of the ground unceremoniously.

Ha, a couple of characters in the middle shot. SI and AT.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:24 - Jun 1 with 2516 viewsTheResurrection

Any more old photos mate?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:25 - Jun 1 with 2518 viewstrampie

Oh look Welsh flags, what went wrong hey.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 20:50]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:39 - Jun 1 with 2494 viewstheloneranger

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:58 - Jun 1 by Darran

It’s not the game Robbo was sent off in is it?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 18:58]

April 2005

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:41 - Jun 1 with 2485 views1462jack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:11 - Jun 1 by bonymine

Not sure mate when you get to my age & have been to Bristol Rovers Away at Eastville, Twerton Park & the Memorial Ground etc over the years they all tend to ‘merge together’ ......or is that the start of memory loss for me ? 🙈🙈😂

fair one , both were quite lively
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:43 - Jun 1 with 2479 viewsbonymine

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:24 - Jun 1 by TheResurrection

Any more old photos mate?

Here’s a video from 1993 Chris Reading Away I’m in it of course 👍😉😂

Got home with a blood soaked shirt & my (now) ex missus said ‘You’ll have to change now to go out have you had a nosebleed’ ?

Naive girl she was back in those days but by phuk she was a quick learner took me for a fortune in the divorce 😉🙈😂

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9uu2e

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:00 - Jun 1 with 2444 views1983

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:01 - Jun 1 by 1462jack

Was that 1994 or 2001 ?

1994 Your old fella was with us

We walked in ordered our pints and stood by the big windows in the picture and then all hell broke loose as they came running in from the beer garden picked up a fruit machine and threw it at us as we tried to get out through the small door in the pic there was a copper on a horse keeping us penned in there for about 1 or 2 minutes laughing at us, the whole pub was throwing whatever they could get their hands on but never once really came forward enough to us

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:04 - Jun 1 with 2433 viewsbonymine

Psycho in the Swans DP shirt getting arrested on the pitch is a hell of a boy once when I was on a trip to Scotland for the rugby Psycho paid 20p to ‘wave us off’ with a platform ticket at Swansea station but then got on the train and spent the WHOLE weekend with us in Edinburgh blagging free drinks & kipping on the floor the best 20p he’s ever spent ! 😂😂

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:12 - Jun 1 with 2414 viewsbonymine

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:00 - Jun 1 by 1983

1994 Your old fella was with us

We walked in ordered our pints and stood by the big windows in the picture and then all hell broke loose as they came running in from the beer garden picked up a fruit machine and threw it at us as we tried to get out through the small door in the pic there was a copper on a horse keeping us penned in there for about 1 or 2 minutes laughing at us, the whole pub was throwing whatever they could get their hands on but never once really came forward enough to us

Bristol Rovers Away was on a par with West Ham Away in 1981 in the FA Cup when we were stabbed with knitting needles hidden in their sleeves and golf balls coming at us from all angles !!
Outside the ground you had the usual ‘got the time mate’ designed to ‘out’ you as a Welshman .....I just showed them my watch !! 😂😂

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:12 - Jun 1 with 2414 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:43 - Jun 1 by bonymine

Got home with a blood soaked shirt & my (now) ex missus said ‘You’ll have to change now to go out have you had a nosebleed’ ?

Naive girl she was back in those days but by phuk she was a quick learner took me for a fortune in the divorce 😉🙈😂

The night before that game, we had spent it at an all nighter (think it may have been a raindance event).

We didn't know what the f*ck was happening throughout that game. Went there in a van, but i'm sure we ended up going back on the train because we couldn't find it. The driver might have stayed behind and got it though, not 100%.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:46 - Jun 1 with 2350 views1983

Reading away we parked our transit van near the railway station and the hire firm had a phone call from reading police asking them if it had been pinched due to the mess in it, we had a few plastic chairs inside and pinched a big McDonalds sign on the way and left the doors and windows wide open....plastic fans today haven't a clue

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 21:48 - Jun 1 with 2345 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:39 - Jun 1 by theloneranger

April 2005

Yeh Robbo getting sent off and GJ having a punch up in the tunnel I seem to recall.
Hence I thought the pic was later than the naughties.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 22:07 - Jun 1 with 2319 viewsN_T_J

Was on my way there once and got to Cardiff and the game was called off because it was a waterlogged pitch.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 22:30 - Jun 1 with 2272 viewsSwanseajill

We had a good view of that, A gang of us had clubbed together for a box that game. I remember Roy Turpin from the supporters club came over earlier to chat with you all, trying to find a sober side to you lot.🍺
He failed.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 22:34 - Jun 1 with 2263 viewsbonymine

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 22:30 - Jun 1 by Swanseajill

We had a good view of that, A gang of us had clubbed together for a box that game. I remember Roy Turpin from the supporters club came over earlier to chat with you all, trying to find a sober side to you lot.🍺
He failed.

I remember Roy Turpin well Lorr he was a great supporter very vocal too but that day I really don’t know what happened we all flipped and got involved despite Frankie Burrows coming out on the pitch to appeal for calm .......

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 01:57 - Jun 2 with 2143 viewsTheResurrection

Which one are you? I'm in it as well sporting a particular naff pony tail 😂

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 02:31 - Jun 2 with 2135 viewsPaxton

Definitely April 2005, St. George's Day I believe, as the GasHeads were making the most of that. Lively before and after the game.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 02:47 - Jun 2 with 2128 viewsLoyal

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:49 - Jun 1 by pencoedjack

I’ve never found either Bristol club very welcoming Private

Deep hatred of the Welsh

Let's be honest they only ever talked about it.
Biggest bullshit city there is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 05:24 - Jun 2 with 2092 viewsjackharris

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 22:07 - Jun 1 by N_T_J

Was on my way there once and got to Cardiff and the game was called off because it was a waterlogged pitch.

Yes I was on a supporters coach for that match and we got to Newport and I had to direct the coach driver back through the Newport Docks Link road, because the West Bound queues at the Brynglas tunnels were massive. I seem to recall going down to Stradey Park instead when I got home and watched the Scarlets v Munster in the European Cup 1/4 final.

The rearranged Bristol Rovers versus the Swans match finish 2-0 (I think) Dennis Lawrence scoring twice?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 08:38 - Jun 2 with 1982 viewsBillyChong

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:45 - Jun 1 by Private_Partz

Isn't that a far more recent pic?
I am sure I was there.
It was the biggest Hell hole of a game I cam remember. Never been made so I welcome with no place to eat and drink.
The Keystone Kops failed to protect us during the game as their hoolies attacked us via the gantry and the disabled users terrace. The Police reaction was to charge into the Swansea crowd.
Afterwards eveyone was kept back for an hour whilst their hoolies regrouped to attack us again as we left. Mounted police everywhere charging around.
The Chief of Police then praised his officers afterwards for doing so well in trying circumstances when they caused most of it.
I have detested Rovers ever since . Ashton Gate has always bee a decent trip strangely enough.
Apologies, I shave wheeled this story out a few times now and it still makes me angry the way our supporters were treated. There were very few of our idiots there as it was virtually all ST holders.

Gave up on Ashton Gate after the trip where a train full of us got marched slowly across Bristol, dumped in the ground way before kick off and marched slowly back to the station afterwards. A far from decent trip! It was the same season that they attacked the potters wheel midweek.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 08:48 - Jun 2 with 1976 viewsBillyChong

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 19:34 - Jun 1 by Jackfath

?What year did "The North Face" make its debut in the UK?

Google it instead of pointlessly adding to a decent thread about trips to Bristol. Or maybe go to Bristol and watch an away game next time round.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 09:13 - Jun 2 with 1941 viewsthornabyswan

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 08:38 - Jun 2 by BillyChong

Gave up on Ashton Gate after the trip where a train full of us got marched slowly across Bristol, dumped in the ground way before kick off and marched slowly back to the station afterwards. A far from decent trip! It was the same season that they attacked the potters wheel midweek.

That was the season we finished bottom of the league.
Savarese scored for us.
He was a quality striker

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 09:45 - Jun 2 with 1909 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 08:38 - Jun 2 by BillyChong

That was City. Cowardly bunch of cûnts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024