Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers 15:55 - Jun 1 with 13211 viewscentrestandswan

mid noughties

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 09:59 - Jun 2 with 3063 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:45 - Jun 1 by Private_Partz

Isn't that a far more recent pic?
I am sure I was there.
It was the biggest Hell hole of a game I cam remember. Never been made so I welcome with no place to eat and drink.
The Keystone Kops failed to protect us during the game as their hoolies attacked us via the gantry and the disabled users terrace. The Police reaction was to charge into the Swansea crowd.
Afterwards eveyone was kept back for an hour whilst their hoolies regrouped to attack us again as we left. Mounted police everywhere charging around.
The Chief of Police then praised his officers afterwards for doing so well in trying circumstances when they caused most of it.
I have detested Rovers ever since . Ashton Gate has always bee a decent trip strangely enough.
Apologies, I shave wheeled this story out a few times now and it still makes me angry the way our supporters were treated. There were very few of our idiots there as it was virtually all ST holders.

Was that the game when pre match Terry Connor was walking clapping the swans fans and some combat 18 who had been trying to infiltrate the fan base started abusing him? Made me sick to my stomach and embarrassed as I had my father with me on a rare away trip. Shocking.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 14:18 - Jun 3 with 2815 viewskarnataka

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:56 - Jun 1 by Private_Partz

You could be right. Only ever been to each of the gounds once.
I went to AG when Leon returned from Sheffield I seem to think and had no grief.
Rovers was genuinely shocking.

I've been in with the home fans at AG a few times, once with former Herefordjack who was wearing a red & white bobble hat to blend in,. Never had any bother. Wouldn't fancy trying that with the Gas though.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 16:34 - Jun 3 with 2725 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 09:59 - Jun 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Was that the game when pre match Terry Connor was walking clapping the swans fans and some combat 18 who had been trying to infiltrate the fan base started abusing him? Made me sick to my stomach and embarrassed as I had my father with me on a rare away trip. Shocking.

Don’t be so bloody daft! I was there and aside from a few ‘Swansea reject’ jibes which some among our support seem determined to throw at former players, no matter what the manner of the departure, there was nothing of the sort, Bryn.

C18? Christ almighty, mun?!!!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 16:59 - Jun 3 with 2697 viewsthornabyswan

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 16:34 - Jun 3 by Lohengrin

Don’t be so bloody daft! I was there and aside from a few ‘Swansea reject’ jibes which some among our support seem determined to throw at former players, no matter what the manner of the departure, there was nothing of the sort, Bryn.

There were combat 18 at the game they were distributing material before the kick off.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 17:35 - Jun 3 with 2646 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 16:59 - Jun 3 by thornabyswan

There were combat 18 at the game they were distributing material before the kick off.

No, they really weren’t.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 17:47 - Jun 3 with 2627 viewsthornabyswan

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 17:35 - Jun 3 by Lohengrin

No, they really weren’t.

I was given leaflets myself and binned them.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:38 - Jun 3 with 2565 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 17:47 - Jun 3 by thornabyswan

I was given leaflets myself and binned them.

I would suggest you memory is playing tricks on you.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:48 - Jun 3 with 2543 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 16:34 - Jun 3 by Lohengrin

They were calling him a "f*cking n*gger". I was standing next to them. Don't tell me what I heard. And they didn't have Swansea/Welsh accents either.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:51 - Jun 3 with 2536 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:48 - Jun 3 by Brynmill_Jack

They were calling him a "f*cking n*gger". I was standing next to them. Don't tell me what I heard. And they didn't have Swansea/Welsh accents either.

It’s like a parallel universe on here some times, I swear to God!

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:58 - Jun 3 with 2516 viewsthornabyswan

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:38 - Jun 3 by Lohengrin

I would suggest you memory is playing tricks on you.

You come out with some pearlers fair play.
Why would anybody make that up.
Same goes for the Brynnie post.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 19:03 - Jun 3 with 2504 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:58 - Jun 3 by thornabyswan

You come out with some pearlers fair play.
Why would anybody make that up.
Same goes for the Brynnie post.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that whatever you saw or whatever you were given didn’t come from the actual C18. If some local flamer was playing silly buggers that’s another thing.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 19:47 - Jun 3 with 2453 viewsSwanzay

Does anyone remember the tw@ from the North Bank that used to shout "go on eyes and teeth" every time Izzy got the ball?

Hopefully hes learned or probably locked up somewhere....
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 20:03 - Jun 3 with 2438 viewsGeoffThom

Twerton only the once but on their bank to the swans right ,they didn’t take kindly to it 😂😂😂😂😂 lucky to survive that one
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 07:13 - Jun 4 with 2257 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 18:51 - Jun 3 by Lohengrin

It’s like a parallel universe on here some times, I swear to God!

Look mate, I know you're our self proclaimed stiff upper lip bulldog on here with scant regard for foreigners and perhaps you were standing much further away from where I was as it was only 4 or 5 people actually shouting this.

I'm not stupid, deaf, a liar and I certainly I don't make sh*t like that up. I know what I heard and looking at my father's face at the time he knew what he was hearing too.

It was the only time I've heard that level of racist abuse in a Swansea crowd apart from a few moronic chants in the mid seventies but was quite widespread through football at the time.

Are you saying that C18 didn't try to infiltrate the Swans fans then?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 08:40 - Jun 4 with 2189 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 07:13 - Jun 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Look mate, I know you're our self proclaimed stiff upper lip bulldog on here with scant regard for foreigners and perhaps you were standing much further away from where I was as it was only 4 or 5 people actually shouting this.

I'm not stupid, deaf, a liar and I certainly I don't make sh*t like that up. I know what I heard and looking at my father's face at the time he knew what he was hearing too.

It was the only time I've heard that level of racist abuse in a Swansea crowd apart from a few moronic chants in the mid seventies but was quite widespread through football at the time.

Are you saying that C18 didn't try to infiltrate the Swans fans then?

”Are you saying that C18 didn't try to infiltrate the Swans fans then?”

I find the notion as laughable as the Baader-Meinhof gang organising a mini-bus to an Autoglass game on a wet Tuesday night, to be honest.

C18 were a loose collection of pub doormen and sociopathic louts who organised the merchandising around the Oi! music scene in the early ‘90s. Their reach never extended far beyond London and Leeds but that didn’t curb the press hysteria (which they revelled in at the time) blaming them for just about everything from the Dublin Riots to late bin collection in Tower Hamlets. The red-tops love a bogeyman it makes for good copy, it’s a money spinner. Ultimately that’s all C18 was, a profit making exercise. If Taffpunk is reading this he will no doubt verify everything I’ve said for you.

Now if you take C18 out of the equation and tell me that four or five mindless oafs gave Connor stick then I’d have no problem believing that. Idiots acting like they’ve been dragged up we’ve had aplenty, every club has their share.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:03 - Jun 4 with 2097 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 08:40 - Jun 4 by Lohengrin

”Are you saying that C18 didn't try to infiltrate the Swans fans then?”

I find the notion as laughable as the Baader-Meinhof gang organising a mini-bus to an Autoglass game on a wet Tuesday night, to be honest.

C18 were a loose collection of pub doormen and sociopathic louts who organised the merchandising around the Oi! music scene in the early ‘90s. Their reach never extended far beyond London and Leeds but that didn’t curb the press hysteria (which they revelled in at the time) blaming them for just about everything from the Dublin Riots to late bin collection in Tower Hamlets. The red-tops love a bogeyman it makes for good copy, it’s a money spinner. Ultimately that’s all C18 was, a profit making exercise. If Taffpunk is reading this he will no doubt verify everything I’ve said for you.

Now if you take C18 out of the equation and tell me that four or five mindless oafs gave Connor stick then I’d have no problem believing that. Idiots acting like they’ve been dragged up we’ve had aplenty, every club has their share.

They did try it on when we were at the vetch during the 90's but thankfully it never caught on. Didn't see any of them myself but a few mates did so they said.

Anyway, what difference does it make? Terry Connor got racially abused. And these fellas weren't locals I can assure you. Like I said apart from the 70's when it was quite normal to hear that kind of abuse from footballs terraces I haven't heard it at Swans matches bar none.

I haven't heard it at home (vetch or Liberty) or on many away trips that I've travelled to. It never happened in my presence apart from that Bristol Rovers away game. I'm quite proud we never had that element which made this instance all the more shocking really.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:13 - Jun 4 with 2077 views1983

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:03 - Jun 4 by Brynmill_Jack

They did try it on when we were at the vetch during the 90's but thankfully it never caught on. Didn't see any of them myself but a few mates did so they said.

Anyway, what difference does it make? Terry Connor got racially abused. And these fellas weren't locals I can assure you. Like I said apart from the 70's when it was quite normal to hear that kind of abuse from footballs terraces I haven't heard it at Swans matches bar none.

I haven't heard it at home (vetch or Liberty) or on many away trips that I've travelled to. It never happened in my presence apart from that Bristol Rovers away game. I'm quite proud we never had that element which made this instance all the more shocking really.

Rubbish! racial abuse was plenty down the vetch in the 80's and into early 90's from all ages
a song in the 80's down the vetch along the lines of trigger trigger trigger.... also remember Garth Crooks having a banana thrown at him from the NB and seem to remember a song about Sam Hamman not that long ago

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:16 - Jun 4 with 2070 views3swan

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:03 - Jun 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Small number of people but it did happen at quite a few away games. Can remember MK Dons away and Port vale away when they were confronted and went quiet.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:19 - Jun 4 with 2060 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:13 - Jun 4 by 1983

Rubbish! racial abuse was plenty down the vetch in the 80's and into early 90's from all ages
a song in the 80's down the vetch along the lines of trigger trigger trigger.... also remember Garth Crooks having a banana thrown at him from the NB and seem to remember a song about Sam Hamman not that long ago

The anti-English songs have never gone away and it’s cringeworthy when you think how many of our players hail from over the bridge.

If I was turning out for a team and having to listen to how shit Wales is etc... every Saturday it would begin to grate pretty quickly. I’d imagine I’d be looking to move on, wouldn’t you?

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:38 - Jun 4 with 2017 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garth Crooks ? Who was he playing for and what year was it?

The trigger trigger trigger song was a Leeds chant. Can't remember hearing it but then again I'm 50 and my memory might be playing me up a bit.

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:45 - Jun 4 with 1996 viewsAguycalledJack

Who was the winger for oxford utd In the FA cup that got bag loads of abuse for his ethnicity?

Also not sure about the C18 stuff but there was certainly a BNP element at the vetch, some of whom still canvass for that party.
Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:46 - Jun 4 with 1995 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:38 - Jun 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Garth Crooks ? Who was he playing for and what year was it?

The trigger trigger trigger song was a Leeds chant. Can't remember hearing it but then again I'm 50 and my memory might be playing me up a bit.

West Brom circa ‘84. He munched the banana to cheers from the North Bank. By the looks of him now mind he has eaten everything that crossed his path since!

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:47 - Jun 4 with 1991 viewsDarran

He wasn’t there he’s lying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 13:13 - Jun 4 with 1928 viewstheloneranger

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 12:46 - Jun 4 by Lohengrin

West Brom circa ‘84. He munched the banana to cheers from the North Bank. By the looks of him now mind he has eaten everything that crossed his path since!

If it was West Brom, then it was in 1987 in the FA Cup

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 13:22 - Jun 4 with 1905 viewsLohengrin

Swans Fans at Bristol Rovers on 13:13 - Jun 4 by theloneranger

If it was West Brom, then it was in 1987 in the FA Cup

You’re probably right, mate. I just took a guess at ‘84.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024