Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. 20:54 - Jun 2 with 3948 viewsPacemaker

I have had a cracking day out and about with my mates. The Mrs has gone out with her friends and so I made myself some food. I sat down to some olives, sun dried tomatoes, ciabatta, pasta with a nice sauce and a glass or two of red.

I just thought 20 years ago I would have gone on the razz with my mates had a guts ful of beer and a curry to finish off is this what happens when you get old or have I become all metro.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 20:56 - Jun 2 with 2515 viewsswan65split

Gone from being a North Banker , to Centre Stand I think.
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 20:57 - Jun 2 with 2510 viewsphact0rri

I think everyone is entitled to a nice meal, as often as their budget can afford it.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 20:59 - Jun 2 with 2502 viewsexiledclaseboy

My Mrs has also been out and about with her friends today. I had a pizza. Olives were not involved. Working class as f*ck.

Poll: Tory leader

Are you still working class if you eat on 21:04 - Jun 2 with 2483 viewsjack2jack

Sounds like a perfect day, with some lovely nosh.
If your working class, what you eat won't change that, be true to your roots.
I know some ex mates who have forgotten where they come from, and tbh, they are not nice to know, so I don't bother.
Not so long ago a guy in work said he was upper class, I told the tvvat to fvck off.😁
There's nothing wrong with the finer things in life, but at the end of the day we're all just doing the best we can for our selves and our families, and if we can give them what we consider the best, then fair enough.
I love olives in fact just had some for tea on a nice bid salad, with tinned salmon, yes fvcking tinned salmon for those who are going to comment, it was bloody delicious.
Crack on Pacey, just be yourself. 👍
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 21:12]
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:07 - Jun 2 with 2471 viewsBadlands

Define poncy food.
As a kid poncy foods were any fruit or veg out of season, good cuts of an animal and coffee (except Camp).
I'm sure spaghetti that didn't come out of a tin would have been considered pony - if it had been known.
Today I had all of that.
(Belly pork rather 'bones for the dog, but have you got any with. bit of meat on)
Also we grew up thinking whole, rather than broken biscuit were for the lah-di-dah.

Some things are odd though - call an octopus 'calamari' and it's £7 a kilo. Call it an octopus in the 1950s and it was cheaper than mackerel.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:40 - Jun 2 with 2415 viewsPacemaker

ECB is SMT* so can't be working class no matter what he eats.

I am glad that a little bit of what you fancy doesn't make you all middle class, I love olives, by the way tinned salmon I still posh in my world, I love it and definitely prefer it over the posh stuff.

SMT* Senior Management Team

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:44 - Jun 2 with 2409 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:40 - Jun 2 by Pacemaker

ECB is SMT* so can't be working class no matter what he eats.

I am glad that a little bit of what you fancy doesn't make you all middle class, I love olives, by the way tinned salmon I still posh in my world, I love it and definitely prefer it over the posh stuff.

SMT* Senior Management Team

My old man used to think all his Christmases had come at once when my mother allowed him to open a tin of corned beef, usually when my gran was coming over. Good times.

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:53 - Jun 2 with 2378 viewswaynekerr55

Sounds cowing lush boss. Home made quiche for lunch today. Aldi have chim chirri olives and they're top drawer.

For balance it was swilled down with a coke

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:01 - Jun 2 with 2352 viewsBanosswan

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 20:59 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

My Mrs has also been out and about with her friends today. I had a pizza. Olives were not involved. Working class as f*ck.

Pizza? Foreign muck.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:03 - Jun 2 with 2340 viewsFlashberryjack

Been out and about today, met two lovely ladies.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:03 - Jun 2 with 2340 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:01 - Jun 2 by Banosswan

Pizza? Foreign muck.

Blooming racist.

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:11 - Jun 2 with 2318 viewsBanosswan

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:03 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Blooming racist.

I'm not racist, I have Italian friends.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:27 - Jun 2 with 2288 viewsAmbergambler

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:44 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

My old man used to think all his Christmases had come at once when my mother allowed him to open a tin of corned beef, usually when my gran was coming over. Good times.

He was lucky! We used to dream about having a tin of corned beef!
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:39 - Jun 2 with 2246 viewsE20Jack

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 21:07 - Jun 2 by Badlands

Define poncy food.
As a kid poncy foods were any fruit or veg out of season, good cuts of an animal and coffee (except Camp).
I'm sure spaghetti that didn't come out of a tin would have been considered pony - if it had been known.
Today I had all of that.
(Belly pork rather 'bones for the dog, but have you got any with. bit of meat on)
Also we grew up thinking whole, rather than broken biscuit were for the lah-di-dah.

Some things are odd though - call an octopus 'calamari' and it's £7 a kilo. Call it an octopus in the 1950s and it was cheaper than mackerel.

Calamari would never be called octopus.

Calamari is squid.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:40 - Jun 2 with 2242 viewsdickythorpe

Reduced items in supermarkets can be a source of hidden gems. I've had prawns for 50p and pastrami for.99p
But he best.was.a.guava for.10p, oh I got in the neck.when I was.found eating.that!!
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 23:00 - Jun 2 with 2213 viewsmoonie

Eat what YOU WANT

Not sure there is any legislation for anyone to eat or not.

Working class ? What...Chips,pies,burgers ,fish fingers , ?

I make the exception of fish fingers mind. Most men and several ladies like them
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 23:02 - Jun 2 with 2206 viewsDarran

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 23:00 - Jun 2 by moonie

Eat what YOU WANT

Not sure there is any legislation for anyone to eat or not.

Working class ? What...Chips,pies,burgers ,fish fingers , ?

I make the exception of fish fingers mind. Most men and several ladies like them

Dead rat?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 23:45 - Jun 2 with 2161 viewsBrynCartwright

The smell of tinned salmon makes me want to puke. It's an abomination. Haven't had it in over 25 years, but I can still recall its acrid stench. Fresh salmon with fresh lemon juice and black pepper however is manna from heaven...and I am common as pigshit.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 07:15 - Jun 3 with 2066 viewsKingstonJack

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 23:45 - Jun 2 by BrynCartwright

The smell of tinned salmon makes me want to puke. It's an abomination. Haven't had it in over 25 years, but I can still recall its acrid stench. Fresh salmon with fresh lemon juice and black pepper however is manna from heaven...and I am common as pigshit.

Not enough carbs mun!
Crushed Salt & Vinegar crisp sandwich 🥪👍🏻
Perfect after a few beers!
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 07:38 - Jun 3 with 2051 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 07:15 - Jun 3 by KingstonJack

Not enough carbs mun!
Crushed Salt & Vinegar crisp sandwich 🥪👍🏻
Perfect after a few beers!

Kingston? Upon Thames or Upon Hoooollll?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 07:42 - Jun 3 with 2040 viewstrampie

A curry to finish off, wow, how cosmopolitan and exotic, pie and chips would have been more working class surely, I think you was halfway there anyway a few decades ago.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 09:26 - Jun 3 with 1974 viewsmoonie

Tinned salmon reminds of of camp,gre Christmases as a kid and funerals whe John West was seen as a treat . Disgusting stuff.

Lady Moonie ,my chum of 40 yrs suggested opening a tin to my lunch not so long ago to have with a salad. One of the few rows we ve had ensued .

Tinned sardines are only thing that are worse
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:24 - Jun 3 with 1910 viewsWarwickHunt

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 20:59 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Only if it’s a stuffed crust or deep pan.
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:26 - Jun 3 with 1905 viewsdickythorpe

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:24 - Jun 3 by WarwickHunt

Remember those tiny frozen ones mccain used to do? Like sideplates they were, very small and probably less nutritious than a ketchup sandwich.
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:31 - Jun 3 with 1896 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:24 - Jun 3 by WarwickHunt

Deep pan. Obviously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024