Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. 20:54 - Jun 2 with 3917 viewsPacemaker

I have had a cracking day out and about with my mates. The Mrs has gone out with her friends and so I made myself some food. I sat down to some olives, sun dried tomatoes, ciabatta, pasta with a nice sauce and a glass or two of red.

I just thought 20 years ago I would have gone on the razz with my mates had a guts ful of beer and a curry to finish off is this what happens when you get old or have I become all metro.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:32 - Jun 3 with 1421 viewstheloneranger

I've ate posh "Pussy" and I'm still working class!! 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:38 - Jun 3 with 1403 viewsWarwickHunt

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:31 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

Deep pan. Obviously.

Pineapple?
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:44 - Jun 3 with 1386 viewsItchySphincter

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:38 - Jun 3 by WarwickHunt

Pineapple?

Chicken Tikka? Have you seen that, on a pizza?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:48 - Jun 3 with 1381 viewsWarwickHunt

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:44 - Jun 3 by ItchySphincter

Chips in the North East. ‘London topping’.

FFS, mun!
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 11:07 - Jun 3 with 1359 viewsMrSwerve

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:48 - Jun 3 by WarwickHunt

Chips in the North East. ‘London topping’.

FFS, mun!

My mother is Italian (from the south) and when we go to see my relatives down there, my (Italian) cousin has chips as a topping anywhere he goes. You'd be surprised how many 'proper' Italian restaurants down there offer it as a topping.

An abomination, of course.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Are you still working class if you eat on 11:21 - Jun 3 with 1345 viewsmax936

Can't do Olives, tried them once or twice and they're not for me

Workmate recommended a Red wine to me this last week Apothic Red 8 quid a bottle in Tesco they do a standard red [fruity] and a dark red both are supposed to be very nice, Mrs bought the red one Friday, but we haven't had chance to try it yet, I'm not a wine connoisseur though but if its nice its nice
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 11:30]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 12:50 - Jun 3 with 1311 viewsBanosswan

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:44 - Jun 3 by ItchySphincter

Doner meat on a pizza.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Are you still working class if you eat on 13:28 - Jun 3 with 1295 viewsBadlands

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 22:39 - Jun 2 by E20Jack

Calamari would never be called octopus.

Calamari is squid.

Does knowing that make you 'not working class'?
TBH - the way Nanna used to fry them they could have come from Woolworths rather than the market.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 13:29]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 13:42 - Jun 3 with 1287 viewsDJack

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 20:59 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

My Mrs has also been out and about with her friends today. I had a pizza. Olives were not involved. Working class as f*ck.

Bollix, you had pizza cos it was easy to do

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 14:12 - Jun 3 with 1272 viewsexiledclaseboy

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 10:38 - Jun 3 by WarwickHunt

Pineapple?

F*ck no. Was your mouth out.

Poll: Tory leader

Are you still working class if you eat on 14:16 - Jun 3 with 1269 viewsE20Jack

Are you still working class if you eat on 13:28 - Jun 3 by Badlands

Does knowing that make you 'not working class'?
TBH - the way Nanna used to fry them they could have come from Woolworths rather than the market.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 13:29]

Don’t know what working class means really.

It’s ironic that many of those who describe themselves as “working class” don’t have a job and do far less work than the Royals they continually seem to moan about.

Opportunities are there for everyone, just depends if you want to work for them or not.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 14:38 - Jun 3 with 1254 viewsHighjack

Why would anybody want to be working class?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 14:49 - Jun 3 with 1249 viewsE20Jack

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 14:38 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Doubt anyone wants to be, but describing themselves as such rationalises their plight in their head and puts up imaginary barriers as to a reason they are not earning much, they can then blame others and profess how unfair it all is. The class card is very similar to the race card.

But we are going off track a little

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 14:57 - Jun 3 with 1242 viewsBadlands

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 14:38 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Why wouldn't we?
Nothing wrong with honest graft but I fear the term has been taken over to mean something very different.

Are you still working class if you eat on 15:09 - Jun 3 with 1236 viewsAmbergambler

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 23:45 - Jun 2 by BrynCartwright

The smell of tinned salmon makes me want to puke. It's an abomination. Haven't had it in over 25 years, but I can still recall its acrid stench. Fresh salmon with fresh lemon juice and black pepper however is manna from heaven...and I am common as pigshit.

Tinned pink salmon isn't as strong but just as nutritious.

My mother used to make fishcakes out of it, and I do the same - mash together some cooked spuds, carrots and onions, add the salmon with seasoning and lots of chopped parsley and coat with flour or breadcrumbs and fry in a little oil - delicious!

We were as working class as working class can be but we always ate well.
She was brilliant, my mam.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 15:10]
Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 16:07 - Jun 3 with 1203 viewsdickythorpe

Class! What is class? I'm flecked if I know what class we all are on here!!!!
Are you still working class if you eat on 16:15 - Jun 3 with 1201 viewsBadlands

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 16:07 - Jun 3 by dickythorpe

Just accept some of us are
and some of you aren't.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 16:16]

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 16:22 - Jun 3 with 1197 viewsSwanjaxs

Are you still working class if you eat "poncy" food. on 16:07 - Jun 3 by dickythorpe

Always try to be polite, try not to judge people on their appearance or gender, be caring towards animals, and treat everyone as equal, that is class, regardless of how much money you have.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024