Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordi Real Madrid 12:16 - Jun 3 with 17246 viewsthornabyswan

We are set to sign this player 19 year old full back.
According to Alan Nixon Journalist on Twitter

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:16 - Jun 4 with 3637 viewsthornabyswan

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:04 - Jun 4 by Darran

Spot on again Kilk. Who the fuçk is signing players? Don’t reply to the troll.

We have only signed 1 an academy prospect from Liverpool.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:18 - Jun 4 with 3636 viewsE20Jack

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:04 - Jun 4 by Darran

Spot on again Kilk. Who the fuçk is signing players? Don’t reply to the troll.

I thought that was obvious? The player acquisition committee, did you not know we had one? Are you actually a supporter? Or do you use it as a vessel to troll and antagonise good people on the internet?

Don’t bother answering, it’s obvious.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:22 - Jun 4 with 3628 viewsE20Jack

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:16 - Jun 4 by thornabyswan

Stop bringing sense to it, he is pretending to be outraged, you are ruining his faux internet mojo.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 0:23]

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:23 - Jun 4 with 3622 viewsairedale

Jordi Real Madrid on 19:20 - Jun 3 by Jango

Could be a player Potter and his scout have reccomended. I don’t understand why our fans are so negative about these low cost signings. Moan about average £5m signings, moan about signing young talent. What’s the point in supporting the team if you’re gonna moan about everything.

Why would the manager have a scout? He’s not employed to source and recruit playing staff.
Jordi Real Madrid on 00:28 - Jun 4 with 3611 viewsDarran

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:16 - Jun 4 by thornabyswan

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:31 - Jun 4 with 3608 viewsE20Jack

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:23 - Jun 4 by airedale

Why would the manager have a scout? He’s not employed to source and recruit playing staff.

Of course the realistic alternative is not signing anybody at all.

Waiting until it is possible to sign Potter. Waiting for the players to come back to training. Waiting for Potter to assess the squad individually. Then waiting to see how they perform in friendly matches against decent opposition and then looking at the transfer market to fill any holes he sees.

By that time this place would be in absolute meltdown, calling Jenkins and Potter all the names under the sun while potential targets get snapped up left right and center and we are left with the dregs.

Good plan.

The actual state of affairs however, is we have been relegated and have a very short window of opportunity to go back up before parachute payments stop and we are on a level playing field with the rest of the league, if anyone wants to jeapordise half that time simply because Potter hasn’t said “yeah alright”, then you are bonkers.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 0:33]

Jordi Real Madrid on 01:24 - Jun 4 with 3556 viewsChief

Jordi Real Madrid on 23:40 - Jun 3 by E20Jack

Another example of the fanbase being completely split and confused about its direction, ethos and ultimate goals.

On one hand we have people moaning that we are making signings with no manager in place yet I am pretty damn sure those same people would also be blaming the club for other clubs stealing a march on us in terms of transfers if there was no activity.

People are acting as if Swansea is the anomaly, this is regular practice. Just as relegation is. Yet people feel we should be immune from all of this. I can’t get my head around it. Before that, it was praising the clubs ethos of ‘prudence before debt’ - while complaining the Americans aren’t investing their own money into the club (debt).

Have our fanbase been in a more confused and contradictory state? Certainly not in the last 25 years for my mind. This is where the Trust needs to be galvanising everyone and coming to common aims and goals.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 23:56]

Replace the word 'fanbase' with the word's 'club's hierachy' in your first paragraph and you're onto something!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jordi Real Madrid on 02:21 - Jun 4 with 3536 viewsE20Jack

Jordi Real Madrid on 01:24 - Jun 4 by Chief

Replace the word 'fanbase' with the word's 'club's hierachy' in your first paragraph and you're onto something!

So you don’t think fans wanting to be prudent and also being annoyed we aren’t going into massive debt, wanting signings but also wanting to wait for the right managers approval, wanting to ensure we get the right manager but also wanting to rush the into getting one, wanting the Americans out but yet voting to do a deal to hand over our rights to them... is a confused approach?

The clubs hierarchy are clear in their objectives. Make money from their investment. Unfortunately the owners aims and the clubs aims don’t necessarily go hand in hand, hence the bizarre nature of the Supporters Trust’s stance last time round and the subsequent Trust Membership vote which was to vote to work with them in return for some charity money (essentially).

Login to get fewer ads

Jordi Real Madrid on 09:33 - Jun 4 with 3372 viewsChief

Jordi Real Madrid on 02:21 - Jun 4 by E20Jack

So you don’t think fans wanting to be prudent and also being annoyed we aren’t going into massive debt, wanting signings but also wanting to wait for the right managers approval, wanting to ensure we get the right manager but also wanting to rush the into getting one, wanting the Americans out but yet voting to do a deal to hand over our rights to them... is a confused approach?

The clubs hierarchy are clear in their objectives. Make money from their investment. Unfortunately the owners aims and the clubs aims don’t necessarily go hand in hand, hence the bizarre nature of the Supporters Trust’s stance last time round and the subsequent Trust Membership vote which was to vote to work with them in return for some charity money (essentially).

Im not really sure what you are getting at, do you expect every fan on a fans internet forum to agree on every aspect of the club then?

Are the yanks objectives clear? They've been asked what their long terms aims are and haven't given a clear answer anywhere. Where have they said they are in it for the money? Ive no doubt they are, but their actions actually suggest they love wasting money, appointing Bob, relegation, blind faith in Huws championship manager scouting, promises of reviews, but then none, etc, etc,

I can't really dispute your stance on the trust mind.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jordi Real Madrid on 09:43 - Jun 4 with 3356 viewsWarwickHunt

Jordi Real Madrid on 13:40 - Jun 3 by 34dfgdf54

How can you say that without ever seeing him play?

He was obviously hugely impressed by Olsson’s magnificent performances last season.
Jordi Real Madrid on 09:46 - Jun 4 with 3347 viewsE20Jack

Jordi Real Madrid on 09:33 - Jun 4 by Chief

Im not really sure what you are getting at, do you expect every fan on a fans internet forum to agree on every aspect of the club then?

Are the yanks objectives clear? They've been asked what their long terms aims are and haven't given a clear answer anywhere. Where have they said they are in it for the money? Ive no doubt they are, but their actions actually suggest they love wasting money, appointing Bob, relegation, blind faith in Huws championship manager scouting, promises of reviews, but then none, etc, etc,

I can't really dispute your stance on the trust mind.

Agree on the very large points yes. Although many times I have seen the same people praise our prudent approach while also abusing the Americans for not investing. The same people pushing for the deal now running away and distancing themselves from that stance - there is no cohesion anywhere, its just a mess, nobody has any idea what they want - just happy as long as they are moaning.

Why would the Americans answer that? Do you really think they would say they are in it for the money? If they came out and stated their objectives to appease the fans - would you believe them?

Their objectives have not wavered since they made an offer for the club until the present day. Common sense tells us this. Our fans on the other hand have dithered, gone from pole to pole and are still running around in a confused state of delirium.

We need a strong supporters Trust to rally the fans in one direction at seemingly their weakest point in nearly 2 decades.

Jordi Real Madrid on 10:06 - Jun 4 with 3309 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jordi Real Madrid on 23:30 - Jun 3 by thornabyswan

The club have said they are considering appointing a technical director and reviewing the recruitment policy.
So all we can do is take that at face value.
Transfers are always a gamble.

Jordan Ayew and Mawson were good signings and they were fairly recent.
Last summer's signings didn't work out but who could have predicted Messa and Sanches turning out like they did.
The owners don't want us to be wasting millions on duffers.
Hopefully Potter the new technical director and the scouts will find a few gems this summer.
No guarantees but that applies to all clubs.

So basically sit back and let them get in with it. Done that for three years and look where it has got us.
As regards the signings you have quoted two successes in a catalogue of disasters.
Hindsight is all very well and good but many of us could see we needed help from the 'injury fairy' when last season started as our squad was so bereft of cover and quality.
Don't agree I am afraid. We should be moaning like Hell if the status quo continues and the evidence so far is that is very likely to be the case,
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 10:07]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jordi Real Madrid on 15:20 - Jun 4 with 3179 viewsthornabyswan

Jordi Real Madrid on 10:06 - Jun 4 by Private_Partz

So basically sit back and let them get in with it. Done that for three years and look where it has got us.
As regards the signings you have quoted two successes in a catalogue of disasters.
Hindsight is all very well and good but many of us could see we needed help from the 'injury fairy' when last season started as our squad was so bereft of cover and quality.
Don't agree I am afraid. We should be moaning like Hell if the status quo continues and the evidence so far is that is very likely to be the case,
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 10:07]

I didn't say sit back and let them get on with it did I.

We are told we are changing the recruitment process.
New manager.
New back room staff and performance analyst
A new Technical advisor DOF.

We have only signed 1 player to date and he was for the under 23s more than likely Cameron Toshack will have had some input..

Not sure what else they could do really.

Jordi Real Madrid on 16:24 - Jun 4 with 3069 viewsSmellyplumz

Jordi Real Madrid on 15:20 - Jun 4 by thornabyswan

I didn't say sit back and let them get on with it did I.

We are told we are changing the recruitment process.
New manager.
New back room staff and performance analyst
A new Technical advisor DOF.

We have only signed 1 player to date and he was for the under 23s more than likely Cameron Toshack will have had some input..

Not sure what else they could do really.

When the yanks brought us they said it was too take us to the next level! Why should the fans now believe any of the above. You need to take a rest from justifying Huw and the yanks mate.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Jordi Real Madrid on 17:49 - Jun 4 with 3012 viewsthornabyswan

Jordi Real Madrid on 16:24 - Jun 4 by Smellyplumz

When the yanks brought us they said it was too take us to the next level! Why should the fans now believe any of the above. You need to take a rest from justifying Huw and the yanks mate.

Not justifying anything sorry for not constantly moaning about anything and everything.

Jordi Real Madrid on 00:33 - Jun 5 with 2859 viewsE20Jack

No they did not.

It is a myth peddled by Swans fans who wanted them to be the American Sheikhs of Swansea.

Jenkins did say that long before they came on the scene however, but he was clearly talking financially, which they were well on the way to doing with the standout control, naming rights and increased commercial revenue.

Jordi Real Madrid on 07:24 - Jun 5 with 2748 viewsmagicdaps10

Jordi Real Madrid on 16:24 - Jun 4 by Smellyplumz

The yanks never said that, Huw Jenkins did.

Whatever way he meant it, he didnt state......and not making it clear was another of a catalogue of errors from HJ.

Another tick in why HJ has to go.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jordi Real Madrid on 07:38 - Jun 5 with 2721 viewsE20Jack

Jordi Real Madrid on 07:24 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

The yanks never said that, Huw Jenkins did.

Whatever way he meant it, he didnt state......and not making it clear was another of a catalogue of errors from HJ.

Another tick in why HJ has to go.

It was obvious what he meant in context to what he was talking about.

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:25 - Jul 2 with 2395 viewsSwanjaxs

Done deal... announcement soon

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:38 - Jul 2 with 2300 viewsomarjack

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 2234 viewsforkbeard

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:38 - Jul 2 by omarjack

He followed the swans on instagram a few days ago. It’s nailed on really.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 12:49]
Jordi Real Madrid on 12:50 - Jul 2 with 2222 viewshobo

Continuing to build the U23's then? Jordi and Dhanda on the left should be interesting
Jordi Real Madrid on 12:54 - Jul 2 with 2195 viewsC_haines1

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:49 - Jul 2 by forkbeard

He followed the swans on instagram a few days ago. It’s nailed on really.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 12:49]

Jordi has Rangel's old number 22.
Someone posted a photo off the official website when purchasing the new kit. He was on the list of players. Has since been removed tho!!!
Jordi Real Madrid on 12:57 - Jul 2 with 2168 viewsSwanjaxs

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:54 - Jul 2 by C_haines1

Jordi has Rangel's old number 22.
Someone posted a photo off the official website when purchasing the new kit. He was on the list of players. Has since been removed tho!!!

That's a bit odd, but he has put pen to paper

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:59 - Jul 2 with 2150 viewsSwan91

Jordi Real Madrid on 12:50 - Jul 2 by hobo

Continuing to build the U23's then? Jordi and Dhanda on the left should be interesting

Honestly don't know how these 2 will do... but I know Dhanda was rated by fans and many were sad to see him go... and I don't know anything about jordi except that he is really fast.

these are how we used to make signings... big club young rejects who want to prove themselves... wouldn't be surprised if they do well and challenge for the first team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024