Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel / Gaza 13:23 - Jun 3 with 14683 viewsNeath_Jack

Right then, can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what the craic is out there?

I'm not interested on views on who is right/wrong etc.

Who are Fatah/Hamas/PLO and whoever else is there.

Who's fighting for what?

Just that i'm reading a book at the moment and a chap is out there and he's naming all these different groups and i don't know what's what.

No opinions, just facts please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Israel / Gaza on 13:50 - Jun 3 with 4843 viewsJonathans_coat

There isn’t enough hours in my life to explain every detail of this one mate!!!!

The root of this issue is the British government promised the land to both the Arab rebellion, and the Jewish population of europe/Middle East, in return for them both fighting for us during the First World War. See below:-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMahon—Hussein_Correspondence

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

Both have been fighting over the same patch of land since. To complicate the issue, this land contains the “holiest sites” of Islam, Judaism and Christianity.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 13:52]
Israel / Gaza on 13:54 - Jun 3 with 4831 viewsDyfnant

All I know is it’s damn hot there in May and the women don’t look as good as they do on the tele, unless you like women with a tache

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Israel / Gaza on 14:00 - Jun 3 with 4819 viewsJonathans_coat

Israel / Gaza on 13:54 - Jun 3 by Dyfnant

All I know is it’s damn hot there in May and the women don’t look as good as they do on the tele, unless you like women with a tache

Not sure about that! My Israeli ex was like a shorter Gal Gadot!
Israel / Gaza on 14:10 - Jun 3 with 4799 viewspikeypaul

Did she have an arse like Serena?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Israel / Gaza on 14:18 - Jun 3 with 4786 viewsJonathans_coat

Israel / Gaza on 14:10 - Jun 3 by pikeypaul

Did she have an arse like Serena?

Ha ha no. That’s a different order of magnitude altogether!
Israel / Gaza on 14:22 - Jun 3 with 4774 viewsHighjack

Basically think of life of Brian. They are all groups dedicated to the liberation of Palestine and the only people they hate more than the Israelis is each other.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Israel / Gaza on 16:38 - Jun 3 with 4694 viewsBadlands

The Old Testament goes back to 350 'ish' BC and records memories of a couple of thousand years before that - the area has always been fought over. (Israelites flee from Egypt and set up home in Canaan - probably a myth to justify Jewish claims) Before religions disputes were tribal, then it was about trade and slaves, then controlling trade routes and more recently has focussed again on religion.
Today's problem were exacerbated when, after the WW2, Russia and USA decided to give the whole area to the Arab League which meant, without any consultation the British protectorate of Palestine was overrun.
Israelis in the area that had been protected decided to fight for what they claimed was a homeland and had been promised by the allied powers after WW2. Jews and other non-arabs of the region and returnees from WW2 managed to overcome an arms embargo and fought off the Arab League pushing Egypt, Jordan and Syria out of what is now Israel and was ancient Palestine / Israel / Judah. Britain and UN recognised the state of Israel, Israel disputed land with its neighbours and that's been the situation ever since.
IMO both sides are culpable.

But just think of what HighJack said.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Israel / Gaza on 16:55 - Jun 3 with 4674 viewsbuilthjack

Split it down the middle. Simple. I am sure the Pallies would be happy. But guess the Izzies would go crying to the USA.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Israel / Gaza on 17:05 - Jun 3 with 4661 viewsDarran

It’s all to do with this. Gazzas strip.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Israel / Gaza on 17:15 - Jun 3 with 4634 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 16:55 - Jun 3 by builthjack

Split it down the middle. Simple. I am sure the Pallies would be happy. But guess the Izzies would go crying to the USA.

Hamas wouldn't be happy what with that whole clause in their charter about driving Jews into seas stuff.

Crying to the USA? People really overrate the "help" of USA.
Israel / Gaza on 17:34 - Jun 3 with 4599 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Basically Palestine is a massive prison camp and Israel are the guards

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Israel / Gaza on 17:49 - Jun 3 with 4580 viewsexiledclaseboy

Israel / Gaza on 17:34 - Jun 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bluey’s gonna get ya.

Poll: Tory leader

Israel / Gaza on 17:58 - Jun 3 with 4569 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 17:49 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

Bluey’s gonna get ya.

Nah, I've given up even bothering trying to attempt to educate Tommy et al as to reality.

On a tangent, have you seen some of the online reactions to the Tracy Ullman sketch? It's been fun.
Israel / Gaza on 18:08 - Jun 3 with 4551 viewsBadlands

Israel / Gaza on 16:55 - Jun 3 by builthjack

After 4 1/2 thousand years of disputes there well be no peace until god reveals herself as a non-existent fantasy.
But I suspect they's find another reason.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Israel / Gaza on 18:09 - Jun 3 with 4550 viewsexiledclaseboy

Israel / Gaza on 17:58 - Jun 3 by bluey_the_blue

Nah, I've given up even bothering trying to attempt to educate Tommy et al as to reality.

On a tangent, have you seen some of the online reactions to the Tracy Ullman sketch? It's been fun.

No, haven’t watched Friday’s show yet either. What did she do?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 18:15]

Israel / Gaza on 18:15 - Jun 3 with 4531 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 18:09 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

No, haven’t watched Friday’s show yet either. What did she do?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2018 18:15]

Impersonated Corbyn.

Sturgeon, May, Gove et al being mocked is fine, but apparently Ullman mocking Corbyn to some was the BBC attacking him unfairly.

You'd be amazed how many thickos have called for action because Ullman is Jewish ( she isn't ) and the sketch was written by well known Jew David Baddiel ( it wasn't ).

To be honest, seeing her made up as Corbyn it honestly looked more like Derek Jacobi.
Israel / Gaza on 18:19 - Jun 3 with 4521 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Israel / Gaza on 17:58 - Jun 3 by bluey_the_blue

educate us all on the biggest prison camp in the world you font of knowledge you

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Israel / Gaza on 18:21 - Jun 3 with 4516 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 18:19 - Jun 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

educate us all on the biggest prison camp in the world you font of knowledge you

Prison camps don't generally plan nice big beach hotels, Tommy.

I actually credit you with intelligence. I don't need to educate you about Hamas, Fatah, PLO, Egypt et al.
Israel / Gaza on 18:24 - Jun 3 with 4510 viewsHighjack

Israel / Gaza on 17:34 - Jun 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

Does that make the Palestinians a bunch of criminals?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Israel / Gaza on 18:29 - Jun 3 with 4505 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 18:24 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Does that make the Palestinians a bunch of criminals?

I like the logic you used there. Bravo sir, have a smoked salmon bagel.
Israel / Gaza on 19:01 - Jun 3 with 4469 viewsNeath_Jack

Israel / Gaza on 16:38 - Jun 3 by Badlands

The Old Testament goes back to 350 'ish' BC and records memories of a couple of thousand years before that - the area has always been fought over. (Israelites flee from Egypt and set up home in Canaan - probably a myth to justify Jewish claims) Before religions disputes were tribal, then it was about trade and slaves, then controlling trade routes and more recently has focussed again on religion.
Today's problem were exacerbated when, after the WW2, Russia and USA decided to give the whole area to the Arab League which meant, without any consultation the British protectorate of Palestine was overrun.
Israelis in the area that had been protected decided to fight for what they claimed was a homeland and had been promised by the allied powers after WW2. Jews and other non-arabs of the region and returnees from WW2 managed to overcome an arms embargo and fought off the Arab League pushing Egypt, Jordan and Syria out of what is now Israel and was ancient Palestine / Israel / Judah. Britain and UN recognised the state of Israel, Israel disputed land with its neighbours and that's been the situation ever since.
IMO both sides are culpable.

But just think of what HighJack said.

Thanks for that, but what i'm really after is who Fatah/Hamas/PLO are, and who they are fighting against.

Who do the UK/USA/Russia governments support?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Israel / Gaza on 19:04 - Jun 3 with 4463 viewsomarjack

Can people please stop dehumanising people they don't know anything about?

It's a clusterf*ck of a situation but remember there is good and bad on both sides..Not so hard to grasp ffs.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Israel / Gaza on 19:21 - Jun 3 with 4446 viewsDippy

I'll tell you the reason.. you've got to pay me though.. because I've had enough of people being undignified thieves..

But you'll probably call me David Icke

Poll: Cooper Out

Israel / Gaza on 19:49 - Jun 3 with 4409 viewsexiledclaseboy

Israel / Gaza on 18:15 - Jun 3 by bluey_the_blue

Impersonated Corbyn.

Sturgeon, May, Gove et al being mocked is fine, but apparently Ullman mocking Corbyn to some was the BBC attacking him unfairly.

You'd be amazed how many thickos have called for action because Ullman is Jewish ( she isn't ) and the sketch was written by well known Jew David Baddiel ( it wasn't ).

To be honest, seeing her made up as Corbyn it honestly looked more like Derek Jacobi.

Don’t understand get the fuss now, it’s the second series and she did Corbyn all through the first too.

Israel / Gaza on 20:03 - Jun 3 with 4391 viewsJonathans_coat

Israel / Gaza on 19:01 - Jun 3 by Neath_Jack

Thanks for that, but what i'm really after is who Fatah/Hamas/PLO are, and who they are fighting against.

Who do the UK/USA/Russia governments support?

Israel is split into 3 areas, which are effectively 3 different countries at present. The state of Israel is the Jewish state. Then you have the two Palestinian (Arab) states, The West Bank and The Gaza Strip.

Fatah are the ruling political party in The West Bank, and are a moderate Palestinian political party. Fatah is actually the largest part of the PLO, which is a multi group political party. They are trying to solve problems generally through dialogue and diplomacy.

Hamas are the ruling political party in The Gaza Strip, and are a fundamentalist group, pretty radical and militant. They are designated as a terrorist organisation by some nations. The are not great fans of Fatah, and claim that many years of dialogue and diplomacy has achieved very little except the continued subjugation of the Palestinian people. (tbh they have a point).

Hamas are stirring up Palestinians to “fight back” against the Israeli state in any way they can, in many cases just protesting, but some are throwing rocks or petrol bombs at Israeli Soldiers. The Israeli soldiers response is generally to shoot first and ask questions later, men, women, kids, it doesn’t seem to matter.

Short version, it is all a HUGE politcal, social, religious, ideological, military and economic mess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024