Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Rangers 19:29 - Jun 3 with 6342 viewsMagic_Michu

I'm finding it distressing to hear report after report linking McBurnie to Rangers for ONLY £4 million.

We have in our ranks a striker who has proven that he will score 20 + goals in the championship.

For a young British striker who guarantees that sort of strike rate in the current market then it's easily £10 million + before you even consider an offer, surely?

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

McBurnie to Rangers on 08:59 - Jun 4 with 1969 viewsjasonbromham

McBurnie to Rangers on 06:39 - Jun 4 by jack247

He hasn’t. He’s had a very good half season on loan at Barnsley and people are translating that into goals for us. He was also a goal machine for the U23s to be fair.

I think Barnsley played him off a big target man and he poached quite a few of his goals. He’d be more than likely asked to lead the line here. Different game.

I’m sure he’d be an asset to us, but he nowhere near guarantees 20 goals.

Played him as a left winger actually and still scored that amount of goals. We would be nuts to sell, offer him a big contract and keep him on board.
McBurnie to Rangers on 09:06 - Jun 4 with 1952 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Rangers on 08:59 - Jun 4 by jasonbromham

Played him as a left winger actually and still scored that amount of goals. We would be nuts to sell, offer him a big contract and keep him on board.

Quite agree it would be ridiculous to sell him for the kind of prices quoted. I’d hope we keep hold of him, but wouldn’t put all my eggs in the McBurnie basket.

They played with a front three. I suppose you could class him as a winger in the same way as you could class Salah as a winger
McBurnie to Rangers on 09:06 - Jun 4 with 1947 viewsE20Jack

McBurnie to Rangers on 08:59 - Jun 4 by jasonbromham

Left forward as opposed to left wing. He did play left wing 3 times however, and as you would expect, scored 0.

He was playing off a target man in a 3 pronged attack, he was the left forward.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

McBurnie to Rangers on 09:14 - Jun 4 with 1920 viewsTheResurrection

McBurnie to Rangers on 21:06 - Jun 3 by Al_Bundy

Its not McBurnies fault he wants away. We have given him no game time but we gave A Ayew plenty of chances and failed.

Gave him no game time?????? FFS.

The shit spouted on this site is truly staggering aye.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

McBurnie to Rangers on 09:47 - Jun 4 with 1857 viewspencoedjack

McBurnie to Rangers on 09:14 - Jun 4 by TheResurrection

He has happily taken wages whilst at a side in league that is too good for him.

Now we are at a level where he can possibly earn his wages he's pimping himself about.

Knuckle down or fuk off to the tinpot league up North, if hes not prepared to fight for the cause.

Modern day footballers I fuking hate them.
McBurnie to Rangers on 09:48 - Jun 4 with 1854 viewsnantywatcher

You've lost me there Res.
One start was it and some second half substitute appearances (many of them in the last few minutes)
Definitely very little "game time". Said all along he needed half a dozen games on the trot to really get to grips with his potential.
McBurnie to Rangers on 10:05 - Jun 4 with 1812 viewsomarjack

So if we lose McBurnie,Bony,the 2 Ayews and Abraham's loan is over..that means we're going to need minimum 2 more strikers (excluding 2 more playmakers/wingers)..

What kind of mess is this..Even small time Championship players like him and Bartley want out ffs..soon we'll be hearing the likes of Fer and Clucas wanting to leave as well..so much work to be done in these 2 months it's crazy.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:06 - Jun 4 with 1806 viewsTheResurrection

McBurnie to Rangers on 09:47 - Jun 4 by pencoedjack

He has happily taken wages whilst at a side in league that is too good for him.

Now we are at a level where he can possibly earn his wages he's pimping himself about.

Knuckle down or fuk off to the tinpot league up North, if hes not prepared to fight for the cause.

Modern day footballers I fuking hate them.

Modern day 'fans' I facking hate them too.

Happily taken his wages??? He's a f#cking pro footballer, what do you expect him to do, play for fack all.

He's busted a gut to do well for the Swans, both at youth and senior level, if he's got a hankering to go back up North that could be nor a multitude of reasons you silly f#cking kunt.

I facking give up aye

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:12 - Jun 4 with 1798 viewsPrivate_Partz

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:05 - Jun 4 by omarjack

So if we lose McBurnie,Bony,the 2 Ayews and Abraham's loan is over..that means we're going to need minimum 2 more strikers (excluding 2 more playmakers/wingers)..

What kind of mess is this..Even small time Championship players like him and Bartley want out ffs..soon we'll be hearing the likes of Fer and Clucas wanting to leave as well..so much work to be done in these 2 months it's crazy.

I agree. We have to move fast and a new manager coming in really needs to be sorted. It has dragged on too long.
Radio silence needs to be dropped and we need to set out our intentions and then act upon them.
Meanwhile the clock ticks on......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:14 - Jun 4 with 1789 viewsTheResurrection

McBurnie to Rangers on 09:48 - Jun 4 by nantywatcher

You've lost me there Res.
One start was it and some second half substitute appearances (many of them in the last few minutes)
Definitely very little "game time". Said all along he needed half a dozen games on the trot to really get to grips with his potential.

He was the one under 23 player to get a chance at senior level. I'm not sure how many minutes he played, both in the league but also the various cups but it was significant.

For one reason or another, but more like quite a few 'another's' he couldn't hold a place down, and rightly so.

He showed glimpses but that was never enough to warrant giving him a run of games.

He 'had' to go out on loan as we wasn't going to hold a place down in the EPL and anyone thinking he was are just clutching at straws or have just airbrushed his weaknesses out of their minds.

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:15 - Jun 4 with 1788 viewsTheResurrection

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:12 - Jun 4 by Private_Partz

I agree. We have to move fast and a new manager coming in really needs to be sorted. It has dragged on too long.
Radio silence needs to be dropped and we need to set out our intentions and then act upon them.
Meanwhile the clock ticks on......

Boring as fack.

Found a new saying have you??

McBurnie to Rangers on 12:24 - Jun 4 with 1701 viewsDippy

This is the level we're at now..

Bartley and McBurnie will be a huge loss on our assault to the summit.

I can't be dealing with this average sh*t.. I'll be sinking down to your Swansea level soon.

They give it all the talk in the West.. but when they're out of their comfort zone of averageness.. they revert to type, always..

The fact of the matter is.. McBurnie has one specific professional skill.. a poacher.

Huw Jenkins
Gary Richards
Cameron Toshack

Are not going to take that one valuable skill to the next level..

Only World Class eyes can improve him.

Steven Gerrard is World Class.. he might not have been a striker.. but he does have Michael Owen on speed dial if he's failing him.

Poll: Cooper Out

McBurnie to Rangers on 12:30 - Jun 4 with 1686 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Rangers on 10:14 - Jun 4 by TheResurrection

He was the one under 23 player to get a chance at senior level. I'm not sure how many minutes he played, both in the league but also the various cups but it was significant.

For one reason or another, but more like quite a few 'another's' he couldn't hold a place down, and rightly so.

He showed glimpses but that was never enough to warrant giving him a run of games.

He 'had' to go out on loan as we wasn't going to hold a place down in the EPL and anyone thinking he was are just clutching at straws or have just airbrushed his weaknesses out of their minds.

Didn't Connor Roberts come from the U23's?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Rangers on 13:01 - Jun 4 with 1619 viewsomarjack

You know Steve Gerrard is keeping taps on Skrtel..but his agent said that a deal is unlikely because Rangers can only afford about one fifth of Skrtel's reported 60 k/week salary in Turkey.

Point is..they can only afford to pay around 12 k/week for their highest earning player..

There is no way they'll put Ollie on higher than 10 k/week..Which also means..We can easily offer him double wages and if we're serious in keeping him. It's really up to the board..If we lose him it'd be a massive,unnecessary f*ck up.

Edit:I typed too quickly as I was in a hurry and made a ton of mistakes..fixed now.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 13:09]

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:12 - Jun 4 with 1511 viewsTheResurrection

McBurnie to Rangers on 12:30 - Jun 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn't Connor Roberts come from the U23's?

He did but he only emerged late on where as Ollie had been flirting with senior level for a season and a half.

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:14 - Jun 4 with 1504 viewsTheResurrection

McBurnie to Rangers on 13:01 - Jun 4 by omarjack

You know Steve Gerrard is keeping taps on Skrtel..but his agent said that a deal is unlikely because Rangers can only afford about one fifth of Skrtel's reported 60 k/week salary in Turkey.

Point is..they can only afford to pay around 12 k/week for their highest earning player..

There is no way they'll put Ollie on higher than 10 k/week..Which also means..We can easily offer him double wages and if we're serious in keeping him. It's really up to the board..If we lose him it'd be a massive,unnecessary f*ck up.

Edit:I typed too quickly as I was in a hurry and made a ton of mistakes..fixed now.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 13:09]

You want to pay him £1m a year after he bagged a few goals for Barnsley??

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:24 - Jun 4 with 1486 viewsomarjack

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:14 - Jun 4 by TheResurrection

YES

For the next 2 years..we'll still be able to offer players decent wages with the help of parachute payments..Ollie is a good asset to have.

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:25 - Jun 4 with 1483 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:14 - Jun 4 by TheResurrection

Where does anyone say that the quote is "double wages" of what he is currently on to better the perceived best offer form Rangers of £10K per week

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:26 - Jun 4 with 1474 viewshobo

Sell, and put the £12m to strengthen elsewhere in the team i.e. midfield
McBurnie to Rangers on 16:27 - Jun 4 with 1472 viewsomarjack

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:25 - Jun 4 by vetchonian

Where does anyone say that the quote is "double wages" of what he is currently on to better the perceived best offer form Rangers of £10K per week

Nobody said that..it's only speculation.

But the thing is..McBurnie is a Rangers fan..the only way to keep him with us is by offering him big wages in comparisons to what they can offer.

McBurnie to Rangers on 17:05 - Jun 4 with 1420 viewsSwanjaxs

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:26 - Jun 4 by hobo

Sell, and put the £12m to strengthen elsewhere in the team i.e. midfield

If McBurnie goes for 12m I'll cover my bolloxs in strawberry jam and shove them in a bee hive! 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

McBurnie to Rangers on 11:21 - Jun 5 with 1278 viewsAlfieMooresSon

McBurnie to Rangers on 02:31 - Jun 4 by E20Jack

What am I missing here?

How has he proved he can guarantee 20+ goals a season in the Championship when he hasn’t hit 10 goals in a season once in his career?

I like McBurnie but people are getting a little carried away.

He's had a good season, I really think he will be even better next season, just the type of player we need for the transition back to the Championship.

He's one I wouldn't want to lose.
McBurnie to Rangers on 11:29 - Jun 5 with 1267 viewsJacket

Just like with Kyle Bartley. It seems madness to have persivered with him for so long when there are doubts if he is up to Premier League standard, and then sell him once we get relegated to a league where he's proven he's up to the standard. Absolute madness.
McBurnie to Rangers on 11:33 - Jun 5 with 1264 viewsBadlands

McBurnie to Rangers on 16:25 - Jun 4 by vetchonian

Can't find his wages but Mike Van der Horn is quoted to be on £11,000 a week and Mawson on £12,000.

I wouldn't have liked at McBurnie if we'd stayed in the Premier League but as we have seen with him and Abraham a quick player with a eye for goal and a bit of presence can do really well.
A number of sources coming up with Ghoddos as a player Potter with bring with him but I'd still prefer McBurnie.
(Sema would be a good buy - pace that leaves Barrow in his shadow and a decent player.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie to Rangers on 11:40 - Jun 5 with 1239 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Rangers on 11:33 - Jun 5 by Badlands

Can't find his wages but Mike Van der Horn is quoted to be on £11,000 a week and Mawson on £12,000.

I wouldn't have liked at McBurnie if we'd stayed in the Premier League but as we have seen with him and Abraham a quick player with a eye for goal and a bit of presence can do really well.
A number of sources coming up with Ghoddos as a player Potter with bring with him but I'd still prefer McBurnie.
(Sema would be a good buy - pace that leaves Barrow in his shadow and a decent player.)

Matt Grimes is on more than that. No way those figures are accurate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024