Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 19:30 - Jun 3 with 8215 viewsSwanzay

I heard he is/was on astronomical weekly wage in comparison to other players, can anyone clarify?
Bony on 12:28 - Jun 4 with 1993 viewsTimBowen

I've heard...from a 'family member,' one of the under 23's mentioned that Wilf was being targeted by a Turkish Club. How much truth...I've no idea?

Sadly, because I still remember him at his best for us, he needs to go.

While Wilf could otherwise be 'a monster' in the Championship, his recent injury record means he's likely to miss a lot of games this season. So the consensus should surely be to offload him? Potter, if he is to be our new manager, could bring in three decent additions to the squad on what Wilf is reportedly earning.
Bony (n/t) on 15:58 - Jun 4 with 1851 viewsYossarian

Bony on 22:09 - Jun 3 by 34dfgdf54

If he’s on the money people are quoting on this thread, then Huw should be sacked for that alone. Crazy money for a player who everyone in football knew his body was shot to bits.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Bony on 16:04 - Jun 4 with 1839 viewsYossarian

Bony on 22:09 - Jun 3 by 34dfgdf54

If he’s on the money people are quoting on this thread, then Huw should be sacked for that alone. Crazy money for a player who everyone in football knew his body was shot to bits.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213331323932169&id=1070288459
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 16:21]

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Bony on 16:20 - Jun 4 with 1800 views3swan

Bony on 12:28 - Jun 4 by TimBowen

I've heard...from a 'family member,' one of the under 23's mentioned that Wilf was being targeted by a Turkish Club. How much truth...I've no idea?

Sadly, because I still remember him at his best for us, he needs to go.

While Wilf could otherwise be 'a monster' in the Championship, his recent injury record means he's likely to miss a lot of games this season. So the consensus should surely be to offload him? Potter, if he is to be our new manager, could bring in three decent additions to the squad on what Wilf is reportedly earning.

Greek ?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-star-offered-greek-giants-decision-likely
Bony on 06:33 - Jun 5 with 1642 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony on 19:49 - Jun 3 by Swanzay

Who the feck agreed to that, what a complete farce...

Was I dreaming or did I read that Bony was going to take the club to court over some dodgy dealings with his former agent?

Perhaps that's why we HAD to sign him and still pay him a ludicrous wage.

On the other hand, if we could squeeze 30 games out of him and we manage his fitness well enough he could be the leagues top scorer. I'm very sceptical whether he will be fit enough to complete a season. He's still injured now isn't he??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony on 07:11 - Jun 5 with 1604 viewsswans11

Bony on 11:52 - Jun 4 by Drizzy

Absolutely no chance that Bony could handle the 3 game a week schedule in the Championship.

Keeping him around to play, if we're lucky, 30 games would be lunacy. Time to cut our losses and allow him to leave on a free if necessary.

the 3 game week is a bit exaggerated how many times do actually play 3 in a week. yes there's 8 games more to play but that's over a 8month time span
Bony on 08:08 - Jun 5 with 1556 viewsWhiterockin

Are the cost per week being banded about including the transfer fee or just his wages?

He cost us about £12M on a 2 year contract with no resale value at the end. So that is a cost of approximately just over £115K a week (more actually as he signed late August and contracts go until the end of June). Even if the he is on £80K a week the total cost of his contract is nearly £200K a week plus any signing on fee. Absolutely ludicrous for a club our size.

I stand to be corrected if these figures don't stack up.
Bony on 08:21 - Jun 5 with 1539 viewsTownhill_Hilton

All I am reading on here is no-one has a clue how markets work, in the Premier League or elsewhere and all this criticism of Jenkins et al is just vitriolic abuse. If Bony is on 100K that is what AT LEAST he was getting where he was almost certainly offered a pay cut to sign. But as Carlos admitted NO ONE ELSE wanted to come here. NO ONE. That is why we got who we got, and they got paid what they got paid, because, and I will repeat, NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO COME HERE. Get that through you thick heads. We are left with what we are left with, because in our desperation to stay in the Premier League we paid over the odds. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 8:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 08:27 - Jun 5 with 1521 viewsWhiterockin

Bony on 08:21 - Jun 5 by Townhill_Hilton

All I am reading on here is no-one has a clue how markets work, in the Premier League or elsewhere and all this criticism of Jenkins et al is just vitriolic abuse. If Bony is on 100K that is what AT LEAST he was getting where he was almost certainly offered a pay cut to sign. But as Carlos admitted NO ONE ELSE wanted to come here. NO ONE. That is why we got who we got, and they got paid what they got paid, because, and I will repeat, NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO COME HERE. Get that through you thick heads. We are left with what we are left with, because in our desperation to stay in the Premier League we paid over the odds. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last.

Two Questions.

1. Who was in charge of the decision making at the club and put us in that position.

2. If bony had not signed would he have been missed.
Bony on 08:29 - Jun 5 with 1514 viewsTaliesin

"NO ONE ELSE WANTED TO COME HERE"

Don't be such a tvvat, there would have plenty of young ambitious strikers who would have jumped at the chance of a shot at the premier league but, instead, we buy a f*****g cripple
Bony on 08:36 - Jun 5 with 1497 viewsWhiterockin

Don't let the facts get in the way.........

Bony signed in August, Carlos came in December so how would he have known nobody wanted to sign for us?
Bony on 09:38 - Jun 5 with 1413 viewsAl_Bundy

We signed Bony because our network of contacts is relatively small. Easy option as was A Ayew.
Bony on 09:50 - Jun 5 with 1402 viewsAustinIsOurHero

"because in our desperation to stay in the Premier League we paid over the odds. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last".

Could well be the last time, for along time if we don't make fundamental changes top to bottom of the way the club is run.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Bony on 11:08 - Jun 5 with 1359 viewsomarjack

1st of all

For those who think that we had to spend crazy money and wages for Bony because "no one wanted to come here" are just ridiculous.

Shaqiri switched from being a squad player from Bayen Munich to play for God-awful Stoke..

Cabaye left PSG for Crystal Palace.

Chicharito who's had a career for Man Utd and Real Madrid now plays for West Ham.

Krychowiak joined West Brom on loan from PSG despite getting offers from bigger teams in Italy and Germany.

All of these players wanted to play in the Premier League at any cost.

2nd of all

Spending 12 m on a striker is a smart amount tbf..But you want to convince me that we couldn't have invested it on a player who's young,hungry,with an ambition to play in the PL who would have accepted to join us for half the wages Bony is taking? A player who is FIT to play week in and week out?

Huddersfield got their hands on Mounie..scored 7 goals for them (not great but obviously better than unfit Bony) And reportedly he's cost them about 12 m

Burnley got Chris Wood for 15 m..scored 10 for them.

Even West Brom got the better deal in bringing mediocre Jay Rodriguez (maybe if we've brought a fit player even if he's clearly less talented than Bony we would have nicked a survival)

Conclusion is:

The PL is the biggest league in the world that offers the best wages and most players in smaller leagues would love a chance to join a club like ours (or loved)..Huw and those in charge could have done some proper scouting and saved themselves a fortune..But no..let's keep bringing in our old damaged players then end up being bottom of the league come December..That's when we stop being an interesting prospect for players..Then we end up with the likes of Andre Ayew..And I guess we all know how this ended.

And the cycle never ends..And I won't be surprised if we end up signing Ash Williams..he perfectly fits the bill..We sold him..Now he's sh!t and his current club would love to offload him.

ffs.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 11:52]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bony on 11:21 - Jun 5 with 1343 viewsBadlands

Guidolin, Clement and Carvalhal all said we were trying to get players but they would not come.
Realistically our location is a big turn off for many players. Wales is considered an outpost on the fringes of Europe and even in football many have no idea where or what we are. Players are drawn to big cities with easy access to nightlife, community, airports and even travel times between games; London, Manchester area and Midlands are all more attractive to most footballers. Those locations also have a number of other Premier League clubs close by should the players stock rise or fall.
Since Laudrup we haven't had a manager with a name that might impress or have significant pull behind the scenes and our football has not been attractive.
We have left no real footprint on the wider world of the game unlike Newcastle which equally remote and not everyone enjoys the quiet of Gower an the Beacons.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bony on 11:30 - Jun 5 with 1334 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Bony on 20:06 - Jun 3 by Jonathans_coat

£120 grand a week I heard! Plus signing on fees ect.

Jesus that can't be right can it?
Bony on 11:31 - Jun 5 with 1332 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Bony on 22:17 - Jun 3 by majorraglan

If he is on £100k per week, then that is just over £5.2m pa and probably in excess of 10% of the first years parachute payment. It will be a much higher percentage in subsequent years

This is why we need experience if he's on anything like that other players are going to be on high wages too and we will need as many of them off the wage bill as quickly as possible to rebalance the books.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024