Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diets 21:09 - Jun 3 with 10361 viewsmax936

Whats you best experience of dieting, meed a plan to lose up to 2 stone in 8 weeks can it be done?
Stopping the beer is a big start for me. last nights beer was the last for me until my lads 25th end of July

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Diets on 06:35 - Jun 4 with 1917 viewsjack247

Diets on 00:16 - Jun 4 by controversial_jack

To lose 2 stone in 8 weeks, you would have to live on a diet of 750 calories maximum every day. The guy will make himself ill.

That depends on how heavy he is now, his metabolism, his current diet, if/how much exercise he is currently doing and if/how much he intends to increase it to.

Whatever chart you have got that from is just a guide. It’s not the same for everyone.
Diets on 08:22 - Jun 4 with 1881 viewsswan65split

I lost nearly 4 stone last year from May to Xmas on the Boiled egg diet...then went on the Xmas diet....been on the clucking thing since, time to get back on the egg plan again.
Diets on 09:28 - Jun 4 with 1850 viewswaynekerr55

Reduce carbs
Avoid 'low fat food' at all costs, it's laden with sugar
Eat more fat and try more vegetables
Eat more protein
Cut back on the ale

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Diets on 09:42 - Jun 4 with 1843 viewsmax936

Diets on 09:28 - Jun 4 by waynekerr55

Reduce carbs
Avoid 'low fat food' at all costs, it's laden with sugar
Eat more fat and try more vegetables
Eat more protein
Cut back on the ale

Had porridge somorning 35grams and 200grams of semi skimmed milk and a mug of tea no sugar don't do sugar in tea or coffee rarely drink coffee though apart from the occasional latte.

Diets on 09:51 - Jun 4 with 1832 viewsdickythorpe

Max went to morrisons this morning and the high protein weetabix is there plus a firm called Fuel, it was on offer for £2.
Low sugar, but massive in protein which helps you feel full.
Diets on 09:53 - Jun 4 with 1830 viewsmax936

Diets on 09:51 - Jun 4 by dickythorpe

Max went to morrisons this morning and the high protein weetabix is there plus a firm called Fuel, it was on offer for £2.

tried those weetabix before dicky they're not for me, full off salt as well I was told.

Diets on 09:55 - Jun 4 with 1821 viewsmax936

off today off out soon its hard staying in the house without looking for somin to scoff.

Diets on 10:08 - Jun 4 with 1810 viewscontroversial_jack

Diets on 06:35 - Jun 4 by jack247

That depends on how heavy he is now, his metabolism, his current diet, if/how much exercise he is currently doing and if/how much he intends to increase it to.

Whatever chart you have got that from is just a guide. It’s not the same for everyone.

It didn't come from any chart, i worked it out. a Lb of fat is 3,500 cal x 28 lbs is 98,000 calories divide by 56 days, he would have to eat 1750 calories less per day. if he was a big man he needs to consume 2500 per day just to maintain his weight that leaves just 750 cal max he can consume.Unless he does a half marathon every day he's not going to do it.

Everyone's metabolism is roughly the same, but I wish him luck
Login to get fewer ads

Diets on 10:13 - Jun 4 with 1806 viewswaynekerr55

It's not true protein heavy in real terms though Dicky. It's still mainly carbohydrate, which is what Max wants to avoid

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Diets on 10:47 - Jun 4 with 1789 viewsMrSwerve

This thread alone shows the confusion with nutrition these days.

Personally what works for me is something along the lines of:

Cereal in the morning (fruit and fibre, special k etc), tea, both with skimmed milk, no sugar.
A mixture of salad for lunch with chicken and fruit eg banana.
Evening meal of vegetables/salad with chicken/fish/steak and sometimes a small amount of rice. Vegetable curries using fresh tomatoes and spices is a great way to break the week up whilst keeping it healthy.

Cereal bars or fruit as snacks. Plenty of water. I try and get through at least a litre a day. Some days two litres depending on the work I'm doing.

And now the important things - EXERCISE. I try and run two 10ks a week, work permitting. But just get out...have a short walk, have a brisk cycle. Resistance training is also very important. Try and get to a gym, but if not, buy a dumbbell or two. Even if you lift for 20 mins or so, it's better than nothing and certainly helps with definition and self esteem.

And another important thing - CHEAT DAYS! I try and eat healthily on a constant basis and not just for a month stint. It's very difficult to keep up if there's nothing to look forward to. So, I'll have that pizza or takeaway on a Saturday with a few glasses of wine. Sunday, make a nice homemade roast with plenty of veg and leave out the roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing etc.

Different things work for different people but this tends to keep me relatively fit and healthy.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 10:49]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Diets on 10:56 - Jun 4 with 1780 viewsswanforthemoney

Exercise is the key.
Im not sure how much time you have, but I'd recommend building up to about an hours brisk walk a day. More if possible. And up to about 3 hours on a Saturday or Sunday. Weight will come off, you wont strain anything and it'll build a bit of conditioning and a little muscle.
That and a reasonble eating regime and no beers will do the trick.
You will increase your metabolic rate which will burn more calories when you are at rest.
Good luck

I stand in the North Stand

Diets on 11:06 - Jun 4 with 1774 viewscmajack

Diets on 21:17 - Jun 3 by Jackfath

Eat less. Exercise more.

Surely not. Will that really work. You are a genius sir take a bow.
Diets on 11:15 - Jun 4 with 1766 viewscontroversial_jack

Diets on 11:06 - Jun 4 by cmajack

Surely not. Will that really work. You are a genius sir take a bow.

Exercise helps, but you really have to bust your buns to burn off many calories
Diets on 11:20 - Jun 4 with 1764 viewsPhil_S

Diets on 11:15 - Jun 4 by controversial_jack

Exercise helps, but you really have to bust your buns to burn off many calories

Calories in v calories out

Use an app such as my fitness pal, tell it what you weight what you want to weigh and when you want to hit that target. Add in your height weight and age and it will tell you how many calories you can consume a day

Link it to exercise and you can consume more - tell it your exercise and

it adds the calories in

Enter all your foods in and track your calorie count

I wouldn’t recommend more than 3 lbs a week but it’s better than any “fad” diet and you can consume what you are comfortable with maintaining your calories
Diets on 12:33 - Jun 4 with 1737 viewsmax936

Diets on 11:20 - Jun 4 by Phil_S

Calories in v calories out

Use an app such as my fitness pal, tell it what you weight what you want to weigh and when you want to hit that target. Add in your height weight and age and it will tell you how many calories you can consume a day

Link it to exercise and you can consume more - tell it your exercise and

it adds the calories in

Enter all your foods in and track your calorie count

I wouldn’t recommend more than 3 lbs a week but it’s better than any “fad” diet and you can consume what you are comfortable with maintaining your calories

Going on Hols in Augustmy mate is fit as a butchers dog so I need to make a effort, mad 6/8 weeks won't hurt short term then settle down and keep it sensible, I find it hard to stick to diet/exercise regimes,

Diets on 13:20 - Jun 4 with 1704 viewsdickythorpe

A soup maker max. That's helped me.
Diets on 13:43 - Jun 4 with 1694 viewsmajorraglan

Wife and her sister have been doing the Slimmng World diet, it’s focussed on eating veggies, fruits, lean meat such as chicken and brown rice etc. You can have treats which the diet refers to as sins.

The wife bought a soup maker the other days and it’s really good. You chop up the veggies, chuck a stock cube and some water in and off you go. Very nutritional and healthy and low calorie.

Edit typo predictive text
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 13:44]
Diets on 14:04 - Jun 4 with 1679 viewsEbo

I've cut out dairy, sugar, bread, biscuits, cake and pastries.

I've lost 2 and a half stone since the start April/end of March. Just eating the good 5 a day stuff. I do have a treat now and again but, I have totally altered my eating habits.

Do you drink tea or coffee with sugar Max? That is a big one to get rid of as i was drinking up to 7 cups of coffee a day with 1 sugar in. Add that over a week then a month. That is around 140 spoonfuls of sugar a month from drinks alone. Scary.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Diets on 14:07 - Jun 4 with 1676 viewsEbo

Diets on 10:47 - Jun 4 by MrSwerve

This thread alone shows the confusion with nutrition these days.

Personally what works for me is something along the lines of:

Cereal in the morning (fruit and fibre, special k etc), tea, both with skimmed milk, no sugar.
A mixture of salad for lunch with chicken and fruit eg banana.
Evening meal of vegetables/salad with chicken/fish/steak and sometimes a small amount of rice. Vegetable curries using fresh tomatoes and spices is a great way to break the week up whilst keeping it healthy.

Cereal bars or fruit as snacks. Plenty of water. I try and get through at least a litre a day. Some days two litres depending on the work I'm doing.

And now the important things - EXERCISE. I try and run two 10ks a week, work permitting. But just get out...have a short walk, have a brisk cycle. Resistance training is also very important. Try and get to a gym, but if not, buy a dumbbell or two. Even if you lift for 20 mins or so, it's better than nothing and certainly helps with definition and self esteem.

And another important thing - CHEAT DAYS! I try and eat healthily on a constant basis and not just for a month stint. It's very difficult to keep up if there's nothing to look forward to. So, I'll have that pizza or takeaway on a Saturday with a few glasses of wine. Sunday, make a nice homemade roast with plenty of veg and leave out the roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing etc.

Different things work for different people but this tends to keep me relatively fit and healthy.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 10:49]

Careful with some of the cereals as they are full of sugar. I have overnight oats for breakfast, just plain oats in coconut milk or almond milk soaked overnight then topped with 0% organic yoghurt and a banana.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Diets on 14:22 - Jun 4 with 1668 viewsmax936

Diets on 14:04 - Jun 4 by Ebo

I've cut out dairy, sugar, bread, biscuits, cake and pastries.

I've lost 2 and a half stone since the start April/end of March. Just eating the good 5 a day stuff. I do have a treat now and again but, I have totally altered my eating habits.

Do you drink tea or coffee with sugar Max? That is a big one to get rid of as i was drinking up to 7 cups of coffee a day with 1 sugar in. Add that over a week then a month. That is around 140 spoonfuls of sugar a month from drinks alone. Scary.

I don't add sugar or salt come to that to anything, pepper is my thing on food

Diets on 18:12 - Jun 4 with 1587 viewsYossarian

Diets on 21:19 - Jun 3 by Darran

I met you a few weeks ago you’re fuçking massive.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Diets on 18:32 - Jun 4 with 1570 viewsTheFranchise

Every year we get the obligatory weight loss thread from max.

Work out your basal metabolic rate, take 500 cals off that through diet or exercise and be consistent and disciplined.

Diets are just a form of control, all based of restricting consumption.

Lift weights, active weight (muscle) uses energy.

It's not a fad diet, it's not rocket science.

Eat too much, dont move enough and you put weight on.

Eat less and move more and it'll come off. Just think long term.
Diets on 19:12 - Jun 4 with 1549 viewsmax936

Diets on 18:32 - Jun 4 by TheFranchise

Every year we get the obligatory weight loss thread from max.

Work out your basal metabolic rate, take 500 cals off that through diet or exercise and be consistent and disciplined.

Diets are just a form of control, all based of restricting consumption.

Lift weights, active weight (muscle) uses energy.

It's not a fad diet, it's not rocket science.

Eat too much, dont move enough and you put weight on.

Eat less and move more and it'll come off. Just think long term.

I know, I can be strict as fuk before Hols go on hols and blowout time comeback and despite best intentions the blowout continues, think I've been good today to start things off porridge somorning, 2 eggs scrambled some tin toms a slice of ham off bone for lunch and just salad stuff with a few bits off the Morrisions salad counter slice of turkey, ham and beef emphasis on protein, 45 mins on exercise bike earlier hopefully 3 sets of weight circuit bit later been drinking water as well,

Diets on 19:21 - Jun 4 with 1544 viewsTheFranchise

Diets on 19:12 - Jun 4 by max936

I know, I can be strict as fuk before Hols go on hols and blowout time comeback and despite best intentions the blowout continues, think I've been good today to start things off porridge somorning, 2 eggs scrambled some tin toms a slice of ham off bone for lunch and just salad stuff with a few bits off the Morrisions salad counter slice of turkey, ham and beef emphasis on protein, 45 mins on exercise bike earlier hopefully 3 sets of weight circuit bit later been drinking water as well,

Phil is right though and he did his through control and exercise. MFP is great if you struggle to quantify your consumption.
Diets on 19:25 - Jun 4 with 1538 viewsmax936

Diets on 19:21 - Jun 4 by TheFranchise

Phil is right though and he did his through control and exercise. MFP is great if you struggle to quantify your consumption.

MFP?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024