Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diets 21:09 - Jun 3 with 10360 viewsmax936

Whats you best experience of dieting, meed a plan to lose up to 2 stone in 8 weeks can it be done?
Stopping the beer is a big start for me. last nights beer was the last for me until my lads 25th end of July

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Diets on 19:26 - Jun 4 with 2207 viewsTheFranchise

Diets on 19:25 - Jun 4 by max936

MFP?

My fitness pal
Diets on 19:32 - Jun 4 with 2200 viewsandrew

Keep your calories under 2000, lower the better, don’t even need exercise.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Diets on 19:37 - Jun 4 with 2192 viewsmax936

Diets on 19:26 - Jun 4 by TheFranchise

My fitness pal

I subscribe to MFP, have to look at using it.

Diets on 19:38 - Jun 4 with 2190 viewsMrSwerve

Diets on 19:12 - Jun 4 by max936

I know, I can be strict as fuk before Hols go on hols and blowout time comeback and despite best intentions the blowout continues, think I've been good today to start things off porridge somorning, 2 eggs scrambled some tin toms a slice of ham off bone for lunch and just salad stuff with a few bits off the Morrisions salad counter slice of turkey, ham and beef emphasis on protein, 45 mins on exercise bike earlier hopefully 3 sets of weight circuit bit later been drinking water as well,

Try and avoid things like tinned tomatoes. Fresh toms much better.

Also be careful with eggs, unless you have a good training session and need them. Egg yolks are full of calories. If I make an omelette I'll use mostly egg whites.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Diets on 19:45 - Jun 4 with 2180 viewsmax936

Diets on 19:38 - Jun 4 by MrSwerve

Also be careful with eggs, unless you have a good training session and need them. Egg yolks are full of calories. If I make an omelette I'll use mostly egg whites.

love a mushroom omelette, but you have to coat pan with oil to stop it sticking.

Diets on 19:57 - Jun 4 with 2170 viewsJackfath

Diets on 19:45 - Jun 4 by max936

love a mushroom omelette, but you have to coat pan with oil to stop it sticking.

Use frylite.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Diets on 22:05 - Jun 4 with 2130 viewsmax936

Diets on 19:57 - Jun 4 by Jackfath

Use frylite.

Aye its an option.

Diets on 22:21 - Jun 4 with 2121 viewsLord_Bony

Diets on 19:45 - Jun 4 by max936

On a ketogenic,low carb diet Max you can have a mushroom omelette absolutely swimming in butter with high fat mayonnaise a load of bacon...and still lose weight.

Been on it two weeks now purely for medical reasons,I'm not overweight , but today felt a bit faint in work,,soon cured that with some carbs.

Check this out.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Diets on 22:52 - Jun 4 with 2091 viewscontroversial_jack

Eggs only have about 70 calories each
Diets on 01:10 - Jun 5 with 2054 viewsPhil_S

Diets on 19:21 - Jun 4 by TheFranchise

Phil is right though and he did his through control and exercise. MFP is great if you struggle to quantify your consumption.

Best app ever used it religiously for four months and then eased away from it - I now have a controlled balance between exercise and calorie intake.

You learn quickly and it’s not a diet more a management of food. I eat what I want, if I eat more I exercise more

It worked big style for me and I’ve kept the weight off not tracking food by anything other than common sense for twelve months

Just heading home from two weeks in the states - exercised 13 mornings of 15 to burn of the excesssrsbof the day before

Oh and if you’re exercising even if it’s walking there’s hills everywhere - they are your friends 😂😂

This post has been edited by an administrator
Diets on 01:51 - Jun 5 with 2044 viewsE20Jack

Diets on 22:21 - Jun 4 by Lord_Bony

On a ketogenic,low carb diet Max you can have a mushroom omelette absolutely swimming in butter with high fat mayonnaise a load of bacon...and still lose weight.

Been on it two weeks now purely for medical reasons,I'm not overweight , but today felt a bit faint in work,,soon cured that with some carbs.

Check this out.

Jesus Lord Bony, please research these things that you are recommending people eat.

Nearly everything mentioned there has unquestionable carcinogen links and immense heart disease links. Take a look at The World Health Organisation online if you don’t want to take my word for it. Risk of bowel cancer and heart disease will be through the roof eating these things.

You are losing weight because you are starving your body of carbs and it is eating into your fat reserves (it isn’t a million miles from the Adkins), not because your body is liking what you are putting in it. But as soon as you eat carbs again then it restores your body’s reserves double quick. Back to step one, except you now have a higher risk of cancers and heart disease as a result.

Excercise, eat fresh fruit and vegetables and good fats like nuts and avocados. Make sure your calories are under what your body needs to sustain its weight and you WILL lose weight and keep it off. There is no magic secret, and making yourself unhealthy so get short term results really is not the way to go, there is a reason you felt faint and it certainly wasn’t your body congratulating you on its healthy state, regardless what the weighing scales tell you.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 1:59]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Diets on 06:49 - Jun 5 with 2006 viewsMrSwerve

Diets on 22:52 - Jun 4 by controversial_jack

Eggs only have about 70 calories each

50 of which come from the yolk.

Depends how serious you want to be cutting calories really. Some will have a 4 or 5 egg omelette and think that there's hardly anything in it because they're eggs.

Diets on 06:57 - Jun 5 with 2002 viewsTheFranchise

Diets on 06:49 - Jun 5 by MrSwerve

50 of which come from the yolk.

Depends how serious you want to be cutting calories really. Some will have a 4 or 5 egg omelette and think that there's hardly anything in it because they're eggs.

Full of nutrients and modern research suggests the cholesterol in eggs has marginal impact on heart health.

I've gone back to competitive lifting after a break of 7 years. Eggs are a great and cheap nutrition source. A 3:1 radio of whites and whole eggs is fine.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 7:02]
Diets on 07:01 - Jun 5 with 1999 viewsTheFranchise

I must say that I'm not a massive fan of ketosis as a sustainable eating plan but the low fat stuff is worse, especially for men over a certain age. Saturated fat is needed for the male body to create testosterone, we need it in our diet.

Low testosterone leads to all sorts of medical conditions for men.
Diets on 07:38 - Jun 5 with 1982 viewsMrSwerve

Diets on 06:57 - Jun 5 by TheFranchise

Full of nutrients and modern research suggests the cholesterol in eggs has marginal impact on heart health.

I've gone back to competitive lifting after a break of 7 years. Eggs are a great and cheap nutrition source. A 3:1 radio of whites and whole eggs is fine.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 7:02]

If I'm on a lifting programme then I'll eat eggs without worry...I just limit them a bit when I'm cutting cals.

Of course, they're better and more nutritious than many other things.

Diets on 10:46 - Jun 5 with 1923 viewsgadgetuk

I've been doing slimming world for about 2 years, lost nearly 4 stone. Lost the first stone in about three weeks. It's pretty easy to follow and still allows for the odd beer here and there.
For rapid weight loss - many years ago I did Atkins, and lost a couple of stone in 6 weeks. The problem with anything that involves rapid loss is that you then go back to normal way of eating and you put it back on just as quickly as it came off.
Diets on 13:47 - Jun 5 with 1879 viewswaynekerr55

All calories are not equal. Carbohydrate calories are the true enemy - we don't eat enough fat! (Ducks for cover)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Diets on 13:50 - Jun 5 with 1877 viewswaynekerr55

Diets on 01:51 - Jun 5 by E20Jack

Jesus Lord Bony, please research these things that you are recommending people eat.

Nearly everything mentioned there has unquestionable carcinogen links and immense heart disease links. Take a look at The World Health Organisation online if you don’t want to take my word for it. Risk of bowel cancer and heart disease will be through the roof eating these things.

You are losing weight because you are starving your body of carbs and it is eating into your fat reserves (it isn’t a million miles from the Adkins), not because your body is liking what you are putting in it. But as soon as you eat carbs again then it restores your body’s reserves double quick. Back to step one, except you now have a higher risk of cancers and heart disease as a result.

Excercise, eat fresh fruit and vegetables and good fats like nuts and avocados. Make sure your calories are under what your body needs to sustain its weight and you WILL lose weight and keep it off. There is no magic secret, and making yourself unhealthy so get short term results really is not the way to go, there is a reason you felt faint and it certainly wasn’t your body congratulating you on its healthy state, regardless what the weighing scales tell you.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 1:59]

I do love a good avocado. Add some lime, coriander, salt and pepper. Have some scrambled eggs (I know you'll tell me off E20 ) with tabasco sauce. Top drawer!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Diets on 18:28 - Jun 24 with 1671 viewsDarran

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Diets on 18:41 - Jun 24 with 1651 viewsmax936

Diets on 18:28 - Jun 24 by Darran

lol

6.2 kgs I've lost in 3 weeks sarn, so look in a mirror and lol at yourself, you scuffy tw@:t.

Diets on 18:47 - Jun 24 with 1645 viewsDarran

Diets on 18:41 - Jun 24 by max936

6.2 kgs I've lost in 3 weeks sarn, so look in a mirror and lol at yourself, you scuffy tw@:t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Diets on 18:49 - Jun 24 with 1639 viewsJackfath

Leave him alone you bully.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Diets on 18:57 - Jun 24 with 1628 viewsTheFranchise

Diets on 18:41 - Jun 24 by max936

Come train with me Steve, we won't kill you off like we nearly did to James.
Diets on 19:04 - Jun 24 with 1619 viewsmax936

Diets on 18:57 - Jun 24 by TheFranchise

Come train with me Steve, we won't kill you off like we nearly did to James.

Anytime Davey, I trained somorning, I felt I was neglecting the cardio so went on bike for hr an half, was gonna do weights this evening. but had a job to do for Browd which woiund me right up lol, so came back had lunch and relaxed, gonna watch yet more footie now fukit

Text me

Diets on 19:05 - Jun 24 with 1611 viewsTheFranchise

Diets on 19:04 - Jun 24 by max936

Anytime Davey, I trained somorning, I felt I was neglecting the cardio so went on bike for hr an half, was gonna do weights this evening. but had a job to do for Browd which woiund me right up lol, so came back had lunch and relaxed, gonna watch yet more footie now fukit

Text me

Weights first, cardio if you can be arsed. Cardio unless done for athletic performance will leave you skinnyfat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024