Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queens coronation in colour 09:51 - Jun 5 with 1462 viewsCountyJim

Anyone watch it last night fantastic stuff

And for those anti royalists did you see Aberfan on there basically the whole town came out to celebrate as did every other town City in Wales

Welsh nationalists my arse
The Queens coronation in colour on 09:54 - Jun 5 with 1458 viewsdickythorpe

Different times Jim. People aren't so.easily led now as back.then.
The Queens coronation in colour on 10:08 - Jun 5 with 1446 viewsLohengrin

The Queens coronation in colour on 09:54 - Jun 5 by dickythorpe

Different times Jim. People aren't so.easily led now as back.then.

I would argue the reverse being the case, Dicky. The intelllectual life of the British working class was immeasurably richer in the early ‘50s when compared to today. The first half of the twentieth century was the golden age of seeking, of auto-didacticism, self-improvement, of the WEA.

In 2018 you get Diane Abbott, the Kardashians and abortion on demand.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Queens coronation in colour on 13:21 - Jun 5 with 1362 viewsdickythorpe

The Queens coronation in colour on 10:08 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

I would argue the reverse being the case, Dicky. The intelllectual life of the British working class was immeasurably richer in the early ‘50s when compared to today. The first half of the twentieth century was the golden age of seeking, of auto-didacticism, self-improvement, of the WEA.

Interesting points loh, and I'm not picking holes here but I would water in a lot of the sheep that follow the kardashians are.middle.to upper class. They'd have to be to afford all the material items that would be out of reach to the likes of the "working class".
Plus many who live on council.estates have no pride.in their homes.
The Queens coronation in colour on 16:08 - Jun 5 with 1319 viewsBadlands

In the 1950s people had gone from limited suffrage, depression, crash, the overthrowing of fascism and post war austerity in one generation.
They were far more knowledgable, involved and active politically but had recently come out of 10 years of jingoism and false patriotism (love Queen & Country now go out and be cannon fodder) These people did not put up with extremism right wing chancers and gave them short shrift because they had first hand experience of what happens when ordinary people follow nasty gobshites.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Queens coronation in colour on 16:21 - Jun 5 with 1311 viewsLohengrin

The Queens coronation in colour on 16:08 - Jun 5 by Badlands

In the 1950s people had gone from limited suffrage, depression, crash, the overthrowing of fascism and post war austerity in one generation.
They were far more knowledgable, involved and active politically but had recently come out of 10 years of jingoism and false patriotism (love Queen & Country now go out and be cannon fodder) These people did not put up with extremism right wing chancers and gave them short shrift because they had first hand experience of what happens when ordinary people follow nasty gobshites.

Expand for me, if you’d be so kind, who in the ‘50s would in your opinion have constituted an “extreme right-wing chancer?” Are you talking domestically here or internationally?

The Queens coronation in colour on 16:54 - Jun 5 with 1294 viewsHighjack

The Queens coronation in colour on 16:21 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

Expand for me, if you’d be so kind, who in the ‘50s would in your opinion have constituted an “extreme right-wing chancer?” Are you talking domestically here or internationally?

Whereas nowadays of course an extreme right wing chancer is anybody who disagrees with Jeremy Corbyn on any subject.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Queens coronation in colour on 17:03 - Jun 5 with 1289 viewsLohengrin

The Queens coronation in colour on 16:54 - Jun 5 by Highjack

Whereas nowadays of course an extreme right wing chancer is anybody who disagrees with Jeremy Corbyn on any subject.

That’s the received opinion of all who rim the toilet bowl of life, High.

An interesting point I have heard made about Corbyn himself on a few occasions is that he has no dislike of people like Rees Mogg, they are simply his opponents, those he really bears animus toward are all to be found within the ranks of his own party. You’ll have that if you’ve been weaned on the Trotskyite teat, I suppose.

The Queens coronation in colour on 19:12 - Jun 5 with 1225 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone would think you were actually there.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The Queens coronation in colour on 19:27 - Jun 5 with 1210 viewsLohengrin

The Queens coronation in colour on 19:12 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

Anyone would think you were actually there.

I never left.

The Queens coronation in colour on 21:00 - Jun 5 with 1174 viewsKilkennyjack

The Queens coronation in colour on 19:27 - Jun 5 by Lohengrin

I never left.

Was 1958 the best year Loh ?

Good Golly, Miss Molly
Jailhouse Rock
Peggy Sue

They certainly dont make them like that any more 👏🇺🇸

Beware of the Risen People

The Queens coronation in colour on 22:58 - Jun 5 with 1124 viewsLohengrin

The Queens coronation in colour on 21:00 - Jun 5 by Kilkennyjack

Was 1958 the best year Loh ?

Good Golly, Miss Molly
Jailhouse Rock
Peggy Sue

They certainly dont make them like that any more 👏🇺🇸

I’d have probably gone for ‘55 but there’s not a lot wrong with your ears, Killy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024