Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea financial sweepstake 09:57 - Jun 5 with 17566 viewsShaky

for fun and education!

So I posted a chart in the long Potter thread that summarised the club's financial position, highlighting the relationship between the purchase of players and how they have been financed; overwhelmingly through the use of various forms of debt.

(Note: There's a typo on the 2017 total: should be £91.7m Not £97.1m)

What is interesting is to try to analyse where we stand today after the changes that have happened since the end of the last financial year 31 July 2017.

The asset side of that equation is relatively straight forward to forecast based on player ins and outs, and probably looks roughly as follows as of right now:

However, the player registrations component will obviously change before the end of the financial year due to transfers both in and out.

With that the financing needs also change. We are fairly certain that no new share capital will be provided by Kaplan & Co, but one way that the financing side will look better is by making profits such as on player sales that will boost shareholders' funds on the balance sheet. (the formula for that is last year's plus this year's profit after tax less any dividends paid).

As such the good news is that I estimate that as of right now profit on player sales is around £52 million for the current 2018 financial year to date.

The bad news is that despite this I still reckon the club will make a loss for the year:

However, the transfer season remains young, and estimates of the final 2018 tally for profit on player sales and any other metrics you want to take a stab at is now open until the close of business on 31st July.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:41 - Jun 7 with 1403 viewsE20Jack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 07:54 - Jun 7 by Shaky

Glad to see you back fighting fit having been proved once again to be a worthless lying piece of shit with not an ounce of shame anywhere in your body.

By “proved” you mean because you deny something... even though you have clearly been fighting against for months? Denial, I am afraid, does not constitute proof.

But by all means, you can address the lies you have bee purporting on here on almost every thread you infect with your plagiarised waffle.

Start with where I valued Alfie Mawson at £60m, then when you have realised you were lying you can move on to where I valued Ayew at £35m+, then you can move on the the whole host of posters you have taken upon yourself to amusing tell everyone I am.

Take your time kid.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:51 - Jun 7 with 1384 viewsShaky

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:41 - Jun 7 by E20Jack

By “proved” you mean because you deny something... even though you have clearly been fighting against for months? Denial, I am afraid, does not constitute proof.

But by all means, you can address the lies you have bee purporting on here on almost every thread you infect with your plagiarised waffle.

Start with where I valued Alfie Mawson at £60m, then when you have realised you were lying you can move on to where I valued Ayew at £35m+, then you can move on the the whole host of posters you have taken upon yourself to amusing tell everyone I am.

Take your time kid.

LOL.

Very good Dim.

I mean proved in the sense I showed proof that your claim was a lie.

At least Lisa has had the good sense and grace to sneak off into the woodwork for a bit while memories fade.

No need for that with you, though, because you really don't don't see it, do you?

Your psychological disposition is such that you are completely unable to comprehend even the possibility that you are at fault. For anything.

You are in fact something akin to an 18th century Berkeleyan; for you criticism can not exist because you can not perceive it.

However, it's not really a philosophical position, is it? It is because you are not right. In the head.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:55 - Jun 7 with 1377 viewsE20Jack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:51 - Jun 7 by Shaky

LOL.

Very good Dim.

At least Lisa has had the good sense and grace to sneak off into the woodwork for a bit while memories fade.

No need for that with you, though, because you really don't don't see it, do you?

Your psychological disposition is such that you are completely unable to comprehend even the possibility that you are at fault. For anything.

You are in fact something akin to an 18th century Berkeleyan; for you criticism can not exist because you can not perceive it.

However, it's not really a philosophical position, is it? It is because you are not right. In the head.

As we have established, denial is not proof.

You can and kick and scream as much as you like, even use LOL LMAO ROFL and call me “Dim” til you are blue in the face, unfortunately reality and what you type are as far apart as you and any semblance of sense - which needless to say is quite some distance.

I am glad for your sake you have at least the good sense to back off now that I have called you out on your lies and completely glossed over it and instead decided to waffle on with some incoherent dribble about the 18th century.

You fool nobody.

Now then, Mawsons valuation was step one wasn’t it.

Take your time.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 9:57]

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:58 - Jun 7 with 1368 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Swansea financial sweepstake on 13:55 - Jun 6 by TheResurrection

Here we go, another little coward with a new username. Pathetic.

And the bit where I said 'attempt' to sell I think this little girl is referring to...

OK then Clown, which players out of the list I've given you would be so out of bounds nobody would come in for him

I see you've just picked Bony?

F#cking joker. 😂

Deluded

Let's sell all our players for top money

Then buy all the best players for the Championship paying feck all

Then we have the best budget ever

Get real, any idiot knows if you do that it would be ok but it doesn't work like that!

Sunderland and Villa are in the shit, but we will be fine

How do you work that out?

Where do you think we will finish next season then ?

Aston Villa sale and possible administration. by Badlands 6 Jun 2018 10:57
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11396171/aston-villa-up-for-sale-as-struggling-club-faces-winding-up-order

A warning (if it were needed) to all clubs that think they can buy success.
Arguably a more attractive proposition than us so it will be interesting to see what sort of deals hey attract.

(Any decent players?)

[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:00]
Swansea financial sweepstake on 10:05 - Jun 7 with 1360 viewsShaky

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:55 - Jun 7 by E20Jack

As we have established, denial is not proof.

You can and kick and scream as much as you like, even use LOL LMAO ROFL and call me “Dim” til you are blue in the face, unfortunately reality and what you type are as far apart as you and any semblance of sense - which needless to say is quite some distance.

I am glad for your sake you have at least the good sense to back off now that I have called you out on your lies and completely glossed over it and instead decided to waffle on with some incoherent dribble about the 18th century.

You fool nobody.

Now then, Mawsons valuation was step one wasn’t it.

Take your time.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 9:57]

What you have written there is bullshit, Dim.

What we have in the following is proof that some of your other bullshit was just that.

Study, meditate, and reflect. Then fcuk off.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swansea financial sweepstake on 10:12 - Jun 7 with 1353 viewsE20Jack

Right? And how does that prove anything of the sort then? Again kick and scream swear and stamp your feet - it changes nothing.

You added a small caveat after stating that our football club was in grave financial danger after Lisa told you that player sales should be involved in that working that “oh you may be ok with a fire sale” which also isn’t accurate is it. Do you know what a fire sale means?

You also went on to tell me that we wouldn’t be able to sell Mawson because people would be distracted by players at the World Cup and he has an injury so can’t count these kind of sales, that was just last week wasn’t it? That could have been the very same thread you imploded and decided to go into a bizarre lying fit

Now then, considering you have your cut and paste skills on show, even though they don’t show anything that you claim.. now is time to have a go at proving you aren’t a liar (not possible, hence you won’t)

Step one was the Mawson £60m+ valuation you claimed from a few weeks back wasn’t it?

Off you go. We all know you are a fraud though, so let’s see what avoiding tactic you use, I always find that amusing when it comes to you squirming. We will go on to the difficulties of seeing unfair prejudice once we get through this and have proved you are a liar.

Your turn.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:24]

Swansea financial sweepstake on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 1329 viewstrampie

Swansea financial sweepstake on 10:05 - Jun 7 by Shaky

What we have in the following is proof that some of your other bullshit was just that.

E20 is a troll, he will argue black is white and white is black, I have never known him to be right on any subject.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea financial sweepstake on 10:59 - Jun 7 with 1320 viewsE20Jack

And just like magic, the scorned troll Trampie appears after a number of failed attempts to garner my attention

Your problem is you have no idea what day it is, let alone what is right or wrong. You cannot see what you do not know. A less sinister Shaky, but without the pointless graphs.

Welcome, you are in good company.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 11:03]

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:08 - Jun 7 with 1304 viewstrampie

Swansea financial sweepstake on 10:05 - Jun 7 by Shaky

Dim, lol, i I like that Shaky, very apt, I shall use that to address Dimi or should I say E20 in the future myself.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:12 - Jun 7 with 1296 viewsE20Jack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:08 - Jun 7 by trampie

Dim, lol, i I like that Shaky, very apt, I shall use that to address Dimi or should I say E20 in the future myself.

Morons plagiarising eachothers desperate inane rubbish is par for the course.

I wouldn’t expect anything less.

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:17 - Jun 7 with 1285 viewstrampie

I knew I would force the Dim one to 'quote' me, lol
1 - nil to the trampie, 1- nil to the trampie.

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:21 - Jun 7 with 1273 viewsE20Jack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:17 - Jun 7 by trampie

I knew I would force the Dim one to 'quote' me, lol
1 - nil to the trampie, 1- nil to the trampie.

I knew I would force moron Tramps to quote Moron Shaky and then reply to me putting him in his moronic place.

That’s 2-1 to E20 after 2 quick fire tap ins from a pathetic defence.

Never in doubt.

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:40 - Jun 7 with 1258 viewsShaky

So back to the Sweepstake and we come to the more tricky business of forecasting the financing side of the balance sheet.

However, the difficulty is only really in forecasting the mix of regular bank debt and negative working capital that will fill the gap left after subtracting equity capital and reserves.

And really that distinction is quite trivial as both bank overdrafts and short term payables have similar properties. So for forecasting purposes I have left the net working capital amount static and used financial debt (any cash if we ever get that far) as the balancing item.

BTW, have now used Phil's estimate for the Siggy sale price since he probably has better info,.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:42 - Jun 7 with 1256 viewsE20Jack

Woooooosh, that broom and carpet well and truly in force

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:54 - Jun 7 with 1237 viewsShaky

And for those that like to see the numbers:

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:57 - Jun 7 with 1232 viewsomarjack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:54 - Jun 7 by Shaky

And for those that like to see the numbers:

1-Player registrations refer to what exactly?

2-Fixed assets refer to value of training facilities and other estate etc right?

3-you think we're flat broke on cash?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:03 - Jun 7 with 1226 viewsShaky

Swansea financial sweepstake on 11:57 - Jun 7 by omarjack

1-Player registrations refer to what exactly?

2-Fixed assets refer to value of training facilities and other estate etc right?

3-you think we're flat broke on cash?

1. Player registrations is the book value of the contracts (net of amortisation, disposals, etc)

2. Right. there is some other stuff too, but the vast majority is "Land & Buildings"

3. I think what will have happened is that the working capital will have been stretched as much as possible, which means bills postponed and receipts from player sales factored to bring them forwar.d And I don't know when the parachute is payable.

But that is just 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. The overall position should be well within the ballpark based on the assumptions i have set out.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:10 - Jun 7 with 1218 viewsomarjack

Another annoying question without much importance..

In the official accounts the club spent 27.9 m on "other costs"

You've estimated that we spent 23.4 m on "other costs" in 2018

I'm sure it's just a random guessing and all..

But what are these other costs? Mostly maintenance,building facilities,renting and travelling etc right?

What else am I missing? And how much does a club of our size spend on stuff like boarding and travelling,maintenance of stadium etc in your opinion? (a bit of a breakdown could help)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:19 - Jun 7 with 1207 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:51 - Jun 7 by Shaky

LOL.

Very good Dim.

Shaky, I haven’t slinked off anywhere. I’m just not discussing this topic with you any more than I have on an earlier page, because I can’t. As you well know. And you know why. So don’t pretend you don’t to suit your own position.
Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:21 - Jun 7 with 1205 viewsShaky

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:10 - Jun 7 by omarjack

Another annoying question without much importance..

In the official accounts the club spent 27.9 m on "other costs"

You've estimated that we spent 23.4 m on "other costs" in 2018

I'm sure it's just a random guessing and all..

But what are these other costs? Mostly maintenance,building facilities,renting and travelling etc right?

What else am I missing? And how much does a club of our size spend on stuff like boarding and travelling,maintenance of stadium etc in your opinion? (a bit of a breakdown could help)

Yes, it is a bunch of different things. But interestingly as a percentage of revenue it has been fairly stable in recent years:

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:29 - Jun 7 with 1193 viewstrampie

I knew I could make Dim aka E20 respond anytime I want.

I made you look,
I made you poop,
I made you buy a penny book.

I have Dim on the end of a piece of string like a puppet.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 14:53]

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:34 - Jun 7 with 1190 viewsE20Jack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:29 - Jun 7 by trampie

I knew I could make Dim aka E20 respond anytime I want.

I made you look,
I made you poop,
I made you buy a penny book.

I have Dim on the end of a piece of string like a puppet.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 14:53]

I knew moron Tramps would say that.

He is extra desperate for my attention today.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 12:35]

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:40 - Jun 7 with 1179 viewstrampie

Everytime I can make a troll like Dim reply, I can leave it minutes or hours or days, even weeks and months and still make Dim reply to me when I want - like a puppet on a string.

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:43 - Jun 7 with 1177 viewsE20Jack

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:40 - Jun 7 by trampie

Everytime I can make a troll like Dim reply, I can leave it minutes or hours or days, even weeks and months and still make Dim reply to me when I want - like a puppet on a string.

I knew Moron Trampie was still hurting from his last ruining. I also made Moron Trampie reply with the tripe he did too. He is infuriated, most be frustrating being him

Swansea financial sweepstake on 12:59 - Jun 7 with 1160 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea financial sweepstake on 09:58 - Jun 7 by AlfieMooresSon

Deluded

Let's sell all our players for top money

Then buy all the best players for the Championship paying feck all

Then we have the best budget ever

Get real, any idiot knows if you do that it would be ok but it doesn't work like that!

Sunderland and Villa are in the shit, but we will be fine

How do you work that out?

Where do you think we will finish next season then ?

Aston Villa sale and possible administration. by Badlands 6 Jun 2018 10:57
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11396171/aston-villa-up-for-sale-as-struggling-club-faces-winding-up-order

A warning (if it were needed) to all clubs that think they can buy success.
Arguably a more attractive proposition than us so it will be interesting to see what sort of deals hey attract.

(Any decent players?)

[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:00]

Fack off you boring Muppet.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024