Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great news for Swansea 16:25 - Jun 5 with 4282 viewsDarran

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/diggers-moved-onto-site-swanseas-1

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great news for Swansea on 16:43 - Jun 5 with 3405 viewsEbo

I just hope it doesn't get booked up with f ucking 'tribute' type bands Dar. That is what is sadly happening to established venues in Cardiff all too often

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Great news for Swansea on 16:54 - Jun 5 with 3371 viewsLohengrin

Great news for Swansea on 16:43 - Jun 5 by Ebo

I just hope it doesn't get booked up with f ucking 'tribute' type bands Dar. That is what is sadly happening to established venues in Cardiff all too often

Rockabilly only apparently, Eb. Roofed every night!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Great news for Swansea on 17:02 - Jun 5 with 3340 viewsWingstandwood

Very good news, and exciting news also especially having seen relentless artists impressions, architects drawings, 3D computer graphic representations in the SWEP.

Nice to see Swansea finally get an indoor concert venue to attract top performers.
Thought the days of that had well and truly ended when The Top Rank closed.

Argus!

Great news for Swansea on 18:14 - Jun 5 with 3238 viewsjack_lord

Great news for Swansea on 17:02 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

Very good news, and exciting news also especially having seen relentless artists impressions, architects drawings, 3D computer graphic representations in the SWEP.

Nice to see Swansea finally get an indoor concert venue to attract top performers.

Finally happening and it is good news.
I'm not sure that a 3500 capacity arena will attract top acts and would have been more confident if it were a couple of thousand more but it is much better than nothing and perhaps the football stadium and park can just keep rolling out the bigger names.
The Park showed that Swansea can sustain a big concert with its own people.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Great news for Swansea on 18:31 - Jun 5 with 3193 viewsWingstandwood

Great news for Swansea on 18:14 - Jun 5 by jack_lord

Finally happening and it is good news.
I'm not sure that a 3500 capacity arena will attract top acts and would have been more confident if it were a couple of thousand more but it is much better than nothing and perhaps the football stadium and park can just keep rolling out the bigger names.
The Park showed that Swansea can sustain a big concert with its own people.

Aye, I hope the new venue can attract acts on the up that become mega-famous and known worldwide just like The Who, Yes, Wham,, Motorhead The Sex Pistols and The Clash etc who all played at smaller indoor Swansea venues.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 19:12]

Argus!

Great news for Swansea on 21:04 - Jun 5 with 3002 viewsSwansea93

The bonus we may get with this is Cardiff doesn't have a O2 Academy which is normally around a 2.5K capacity venue around the UK, so we may get the bands that can do Academy's down here.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Great news for Swansea on 21:11 - Jun 5 with 2971 viewsdickythorpe

Fingers crossed. Let's hope we get what is promised.
Great news for Swansea on 21:21 - Jun 5 with 2942 viewsBanosswan

Great news for Swansea on 16:43 - Jun 5 by Ebo

Like Cheap Trick?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Great news for Swansea on 22:34 - Jun 5 with 2824 viewsMuteswan

Great news for Swansea on 18:31 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

Aye, I hope the new venue can attract acts on the up that become mega-famous and known worldwide just like The Who, Yes, Wham,, Motorhead The Sex Pistols and The Clash etc who all played at smaller indoor Swansea venues.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 19:12]

Do you know when Yes played in Swansea? I can’t remember them playing here, but my memory isn’t what it used to be.🙄

Just found it , October 1969 at Swansea University.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 22:40]
Great news for Swansea on 22:41 - Jun 5 with 2804 viewsDarran

Great news for Swansea on 22:34 - Jun 5 by Muteswan

Do you know when Yes played in Swansea? I can’t remember them playing here, but my memory isn’t what it used to be.🙄

Just found it , October 1969 at Swansea University.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 22:40]

1969 and 1970. They also played Bridgend and Llanelli.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 22:43]

Great news for Swansea on 22:51 - Jun 5 with 2778 viewsMuteswan

Great news for Swansea on 22:41 - Jun 5 by Darran

1969 and 1970. They also played Bridgend and Llanelli.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 22:43]

I saw them in Cardiff, on the Topographic Ocean tour , in December 1973, with my favourite line up. Thanks again.
Great news for Swansea on 22:55 - Jun 5 with 2759 viewsDarran

Great news for Swansea on 22:51 - Jun 5 by Muteswan

I saw them in Cardiff, on the Topographic Ocean tour , in December 1973, with my favourite line up. Thanks again.

I saw Jon Anderson with Rick Wakeman and Trevor Rabin in Cardiff last year. It was good too.

Great news for Swansea on 22:59 - Jun 5 with 2738 viewsMuteswan

Great news for Swansea on 22:55 - Jun 5 by Darran

I saw Jon Anderson with Rick Wakeman and Trevor Rabin in Cardiff last year. It was good too.

Not so keen on the stuff when the Buggles were in the band, much preferred the older music.
Great news for Swansea on 23:04 - Jun 5 with 2728 viewsBadlands

Great news for Swansea on 17:02 - Jun 5 by Wingstandwood

What top performers play to 3,500?
This underlines my comments about the Tidal Lagoon - no imagination or ambition.
An indoor 12- 15,000 arena would have opened up the world of high quality International events. Instead we'll end up with songs from the shows in direct competition with the Millennium Centre.
The Motorpoint in Cardiff holds just 5,000 so a larger events stadium could have cleaned up.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 23:09]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Great news for Swansea on 23:05 - Jun 5 with 2723 viewsDarran

Great news for Swansea on 23:04 - Jun 5 by Badlands

This underlines my comments about the Tidal Lagoon - no imagination or ambition.
An indoor 12- 15,000 arena would have opened up the world of high quality International events. Instead we'll end up with songs from the shows in direct competition with the Millennium Centre.
The Motorpoint in Cardiff holds just 5,000 so a larger events stadium could have cleaned up.

Swansea City in two years time.

Great news for Swansea on 23:35 - Jun 5 with 2669 viewsBadlands

Great news for Swansea on 23:05 - Jun 5 by Darran

Swansea City in two years time.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Great news for Swansea on 23:42 - Jun 5 with 2642 viewsBLAZE

Great news for Swansea on 23:04 - Jun 5 by Badlands

They're about to build a 15,000 seater arena in Cardiff - by the bay I think - so one that size would've ended up head to head in a losing battle
Great news for Swansea on 07:22 - Jun 6 with 2487 viewsdickythorpe

Many artists prefer smaller.gigs,more.intimate you see. I've seen blur in Camden, couldn't have been more than 500 there.
Great news for Swansea on 07:25 - Jun 6 with 2483 viewsBobby_Fischer

Great news for Swansea on 07:22 - Jun 6 by dickythorpe

Many artists prefer smaller.gigs,more.intimate you see. I've seen blur in Camden, couldn't have been more than 500 there.

Nonsense, they either can't book a bigger venue or you seen them after their heyday.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Great news for Swansea on 07:32 - Jun 6 with 2472 viewsdickythorpe

Great news for Swansea on 07:25 - Jun 6 by Bobby_Fischer

Nonsense, they either can't book a bigger venue or you seen them after their heyday.

1995 mate, massive at the time.
Great news for Swansea on 08:13 - Jun 6 with 2446 viewsmonmouth

Great news for Swansea on 22:59 - Jun 5 by Muteswan

Not so keen on the stuff when the Buggles were in the band, much preferred the older music.

Rabin's the Owner of A Lonely Heart man. Trevor Horn was the buggle (that also produced that song). I thought Yes turned to shit after Going For The One. Mind you, I'm probably one of the 3 people on earth that likes topographic oceans and relayer, including members of the band. The two albums with Wakeman before that and the Yes Album still stand as amazing pieces of music 45 years later in my opinion.

At least building this shows SOME ambition. Seems about the right size to me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great news for Swansea on 08:39 - Jun 6 with 2411 viewsBobby_Fischer

Great news for Swansea on 07:32 - Jun 6 by dickythorpe

1995 mate, massive at the time.

Fair enough, but most bands would rather play at Glastonbury than a 500 odd crowd.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Great news for Swansea on 08:59 - Jun 6 with 2399 viewsswanforthemoney

I just read the article.
Construction and n earnest to start around Christmas if all goes well.
Why do they keep quoting in the article the the word ‘digital’. Annoying and meaningless.
Question. Does the new arena replace the Grand Theatre? The Grand is a bit run down and the comedians and tributes will go to the new arena presumably.

I stand in the North Stand

Great news for Swansea (n/t) on 09:20 - Jun 6 with 2381 viewsMuteswan

Great news for Swansea on 08:13 - Jun 6 by monmouth

Rabin's the Owner of A Lonely Heart man. Trevor Horn was the buggle (that also produced that song). I thought Yes turned to shit after Going For The One. Mind you, I'm probably one of the 3 people on earth that likes topographic oceans and relayer, including members of the band. The two albums with Wakeman before that and the Yes Album still stand as amazing pieces of music 45 years later in my opinion.

At least building this shows SOME ambition. Seems about the right size to me.

I’m with you all the way on this. So who is the other one person to like Topographic Oceans? Are you a poster on here? You have to like all four parts to count. 👍
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 9:24]
Great news for Swansea (n/t) on 09:56 - Jun 6 with 2337 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Great news for Swansea (n/t) on 09:20 - Jun 6 by Muteswan

I’m with you all the way on this. So who is the other one person to like Topographic Oceans? Are you a poster on here? You have to like all four parts to count. 👍
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 9:24]

Not quite.

Part 3 is meh.

Liked relayer but close to the edge is the masterpiece for me with fragile not far behind. Hardly heard anything since going for the one.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024