Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero and Borja 23:07 - Jun 5 with 3818 viewsdonkonky

Reading some of the press reports on GP it seems he has history for getting the best from players who have lost their way a bit. Reckon he could get a tune from Montero or Baston ?
Montero and Borja on 23:09 - Jun 5 with 3791 viewsLoyal

Plug the cnts in to a Marshall stack and see what happens.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Montero and Borja on 23:34 - Jun 5 with 3696 viewsBadlands

Borja definitely .
Montero . no way, under 400 minutes played last season and only being used as a sub for Emelec. You can't get anything from a player who s injured so often.
I have always liked Jordi Amat but it seems he's set on leaving having been overlooked so often in Swansea. I know he had wanted to leave when Monk was in charge and was persuaded to stay, played a bit giving hope of regular football that didn't come. A decent season in Spain at a team that was 6th in league will have encouraged him want to continue playing at that level.
Narsingh, Sema (if he'd come), Dyer, Routledge, (Rangel if he'd come back) would all do well in the Championship.

Potter does get a lot from his players, but be warned many are loans and frees. I hope he's not lampooned for being a Jenkins lackey if he follows the pattern.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Montero and Borja on 23:43 - Jun 5 with 3646 viewsdonkonky

Montero and Borja on 23:34 - Jun 5 by Badlands

Borja definitely .
Montero . no way, under 400 minutes played last season and only being used as a sub for Emelec. You can't get anything from a player who s injured so often.
I have always liked Jordi Amat but it seems he's set on leaving having been overlooked so often in Swansea. I know he had wanted to leave when Monk was in charge and was persuaded to stay, played a bit giving hope of regular football that didn't come. A decent season in Spain at a team that was 6th in league will have encouraged him want to continue playing at that level.
Narsingh, Sema (if he'd come), Dyer, Routledge, (Rangel if he'd come back) would all do well in the Championship.

Potter does get a lot from his players, but be warned many are loans and frees. I hope he's not lampooned for being a Jenkins lackey if he follows the pattern.

Nothing to lose from giving Borja another shot, maybe championship would suit his level.
Montero and Borja on 01:07 - Jun 6 with 3519 viewsomarjack

Montero would probably agree to stay with us but..Montero's problem is not his talent. It's his injury record..Which is a real shame because he could have either been really good for us or at least commanded a decent fee if we wanted to sell him.

We can't rely on him to be fit for long..And we can't afford to pay him without a return (like how we did this year with Bony)

As for Borja Baston..I don't think he wants to stay (last summer he practically trashed his experience in Swansea and the UK as a whole in an interview)

Although who would take him exactly? his loan to Malaga has been more disastrous than his time with us..Malaga sank to La Liga 2 without a fight..he scored only 1 goal I think despite him being "fit" but still couldn't cut it as a starter in one of the worst sides in La Liga's recent history.

But then, The Championship is an inferior league to the Spanish 1st tier. And Potter as you pointed out can get a tune out of failures so who knows? If McBurnie leaves..having Ghoddos backed by Borja might not be the worst of ideas.

Either ways I hope the board with the help of Potter will get it right this time.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 1:07]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Montero and Borja on 01:51 - Jun 6 with 3473 viewsSwan91

The problem with Borja is that we bought him and tried to play him in a system that he just cannot do well... if GP plays a formation that doesn't require a strong striker holding the ball and instead needs 3 upfront (wingers/strikers) all working together.. who knows he might do better for us.

Montero.. it's a shame about the injuries.. I think he could actually do well in the formation.. but we will probably rarely see him play.
Montero and Borja on 20:50 - Jun 6 with 2708 viewskarnataka

Montero and Borja on 23:09 - Jun 5 by Loyal

Plug the cnts in to a Marshall stack and see what happens.

With a couple of Jack plugs?
Montero and Borja on 20:55 - Jun 6 with 2684 viewsjack247

Montero and Borja on 01:51 - Jun 6 by Swan91

The problem with Borja is that we bought him and tried to play him in a system that he just cannot do well... if GP plays a formation that doesn't require a strong striker holding the ball and instead needs 3 upfront (wingers/strikers) all working together.. who knows he might do better for us.

Montero.. it's a shame about the injuries.. I think he could actually do well in the formation.. but we will probably rarely see him play.

Absolutely right about Borja.

Montero is just too much of a liability, both in terms of injuries and the fact he has no positional sense. Even though he would rip fullbacks apart, I just don’t see him being more than an impact sub
Montero and Borja on 23:23 - Jun 6 with 2423 viewsKilkennyjack

Borja is shite.
Jeff can play.
Amat can play.

That is all.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Montero and Borja on 00:01 - Jun 7 with 2353 viewsjacktar

Montero and Borja on 23:23 - Jun 6 by Kilkennyjack

Borja is shite.
Jeff can play.
Amat can play.

That is all.

I'm not sure you can say Borja is shite having scored 22 goals in 40 games for Zaragoza and 19 in 39 for Eibar in La Liga. He didn't do the business here but surely there is some talent in there somewhere. Maybe Potter's influence can bring some of the good times back.
We need to get all our on loan players back for early training and let GP make up his own mind imo.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Montero and Borja on 07:18 - Jun 7 with 2232 viewsGowerjack

Montero and Borja on 20:50 - Jun 6 by karnataka

With a couple of Jack plugs?

Mate of mine was in a band called the Jack Plugs.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024