Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke 16:55 - Jun 6 with 4659 viewsmagicdaps10

Looks like Stoke are signing these 2 for a combined 30M. Showing some intent there to back he new manager.

Personally think it is ludicrous money for the 2 combined!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 17:05 - Jun 6 with 3636 viewsJacket

Nuts. Especially considering they could have signed Afobe cheaper had they got there ahead of Wolves who've only just signed him. Clearly going for the Villa strategy.
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 17:07 - Jun 6 with 3623 viewsmonmouth

Two shite players. Good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 17:34 - Jun 6 with 3528 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Also talking to Joe Allen about a new contract.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 19:31 - Jun 6 with 3214 viewsbonymine

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 17:34 - Jun 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Also talking to Joe Allen about a new contract.

Stoke top 3
Swans mid table at best

C’est la vie with these Hedge Fund Investors at the helm ...

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 20:48 - Jun 6 with 3012 views34dfgdf54

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 17:07 - Jun 6 by monmouth

Two shite players. Good.

Hmm, not in the Championship they won’t be.

Two big signings, but Stoke have the cash to do that. Hopefully Potter can pull a few rabbits out of the hat. Top ten would be cracking season next year, we won’t and can’t spend much.
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 20:54 - Jun 6 with 2992 viewsSwansea93

Didn't Afobe join Wolves on a permanent transfer the other day?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 20:55 - Jun 6 with 2990 viewsthornabyswan

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 17:05 - Jun 6 by Jacket

Nuts. Especially considering they could have signed Afobe cheaper had they got there ahead of Wolves who've only just signed him. Clearly going for the Villa strategy.

Stoke that's one club I would gladly see go into administration

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 21:46 - Jun 6 with 2907 viewsJacket

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 20:55 - Jun 6 by thornabyswan

Stoke that's one club I would gladly see go into administration

Probably unlikely as Bet365 will see to it that won't be the case. Fail to go up for two seasons, and Financial Fair Play may start bighting.
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 21:59 - Jun 6 with 2853 viewsBanosswan

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 20:54 - Jun 6 by Swansea93

Didn't Afobe join Wolves on a permanent transfer the other day?

Yes, it was part of their loan agreement. They're then selling him on for a profit straight away. Like Real do all the time.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 22:07 - Jun 6 with 2822 viewsomarjack

Well that's alone around 27 m pounds spent just like that..Which is quite possible assuming the likes of Butland/Shaqiri/Martins Indi/Sobhy/Ndiaye will probably sell for more than 70 m

2 fit and capable strikers managed by an experienced manager at this level..Add to that the possibility of Joe Allen staying..plus they have some decent academy players ike that Tyrese Campbell kid..they might be dangerous next season..but in the other hand..

They're keeping taps on McClean from West Brom for 6 m (who is a sh!t player)..Curtis Davies from Rowett's former club Derby for around 3 m..So some sh!t quality is bound to get in their squad..plus the likes of dinosaur Charlie Adam,Fletcher and Crouch and other useless players..like Berhaino and Afellay (is he still a thing?) are probably staying which will mean Stoke won't line up as good as some of you are suggesting..

My conclusion is..it's really hard to tell how they'll do next year.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 22:08]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 22:17 - Jun 6 with 2772 viewsbonymine

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 22:07 - Jun 6 by omarjack

Well that's alone around 27 m pounds spent just like that..Which is quite possible assuming the likes of Butland/Shaqiri/Martins Indi/Sobhy/Ndiaye will probably sell for more than 70 m

2 fit and capable strikers managed by an experienced manager at this level..Add to that the possibility of Joe Allen staying..plus they have some decent academy players ike that Tyrese Campbell kid..they might be dangerous next season..but in the other hand..

They're keeping taps on McClean from West Brom for 6 m (who is a sh!t player)..Curtis Davies from Rowett's former club Derby for around 3 m..So some sh!t quality is bound to get in their squad..plus the likes of dinosaur Charlie Adam,Fletcher and Crouch and other useless players..like Berhaino and Afellay (is he still a thing?) are probably staying which will mean Stoke won't line up as good as some of you are suggesting..

Well thank you for that it’s all so much clearer now 🙈🙈

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 23:31 - Jun 6 with 2651 viewsmajorraglan

They will be there or there about. They have a very rich backer who can provide the support they need.
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 23:39 - Jun 6 with 2638 viewsJacket

An issue I have with this faith in "managers experienced at this level" is that it suggests to me they haven't been that succesful as they haven't managed to get their teams promoted, something Warnock, whose proven that he's out of his depth in the Premier League (and likely to do so again next season), has done regularly.
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 09:02 - Jun 7 with 2483 viewsomarjack

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 23:31 - Jun 6 by majorraglan

They will be there or there about. They have a very rich backer who can provide the support they need.

They might have a rich backer..but the FFP rules allow no more than a 39 m loss over the course of 3 years for Championship clubs..Meaning for Stoke (alongside Swans and WBA btw) have only these 2 first parachute payments seasons to bounce back..Especially since recently "established" relegated clubs tend to have many sellable players to help with the drop and to rebuild a decent squad.

But you're seeing how Aston Villa are imploding now..failed to promote and lost their parachute payment advantage..don't have many sellable assets (they're so desperate they want to sell Grealish for 40 m lol)..It doesn't matter how rich their owner is.

Same goes for Stoke..
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 9:11]

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 09:15 - Jun 7 with 2456 viewsMoscowJack

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 09:02 - Jun 7 by omarjack

They might have a rich backer..but the FFP rules allow no more than a 39 m loss over the course of 3 years for Championship clubs..Meaning for Stoke (alongside Swans and WBA btw) have only these 2 first parachute payments seasons to bounce back..Especially since recently "established" relegated clubs tend to have many sellable players to help with the drop and to rebuild a decent squad.

But you're seeing how Aston Villa are imploding now..failed to promote and lost their parachute payment advantage..don't have many sellable assets (they're so desperate they want to sell Grealish for 40 m lol)..It doesn't matter how rich their owner is.

Same goes for Stoke..
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 9:11]

Stoke are on a different level though.

They have a passionate and extremely rich owner who cares so much about his club. Yes, they've made some terrible recruitment decisions, but they will buy themselves out of trouble and my money would be on them to bounce back up at first attempt.

They'll be ok with FFP rules as they'll get around £60m-£70m from Butland and Shaqiri, as well as probably another £30m from those "mistakes" that they want to offload.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 09:18 - Jun 7 with 2443 viewscostalotta

Over the top fees no doubt. But I agree with this, both good players at this level and will get goals. Andre Gray has proved himself at this level and if he stays injury free could easily get 15-20 goals next season.

Stoke are strengthening well, have a plan and will be up there or there about in May next year.

I wonder if the TD will be in place by then?
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 10:26 - Jun 7 with 2352 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Dangerous route to go down, spend big & gamble on immediate return.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 10:33 - Jun 7 with 2328 viewsomarjack

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 10:26 - Jun 7 by AustinIsOurHero

Dangerous route to go down, spend big & gamble on immediate return.

Newcastle kept their PL wage bill..offloaded some big names like Wijanldum,Townsend and Sissoko but still invested heavily bringing in Gayle,Ritchie,Clark,Yedlin and Diame etc..

It was a huge risk that could have ruined the club financially for years to come has it failed..but in the end it paid off big time and at considerable ease..

But Aston Villa in the other hand..

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 10:38 - Jun 7 with 2319 viewsMoscowJack

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 10:33 - Jun 7 by omarjack

Newcastle kept their PL wage bill..offloaded some big names like Wijanldum,Townsend and Sissoko but still invested heavily bringing in Gayle,Ritchie,Clark,Yedlin and Diame etc..

It was a huge risk that could have ruined the club financially for years to come has it failed..but in the end it paid off big time and at considerable ease..

But Aston Villa in the other hand..

The difference is that Stoke's owner can afford to bankroll the club to cover any losses, just as Mike Ashley could with Newcastle.

Villa's issue is that their Chinese owner's being forced to limit his investment into Villa by the Chinese government in a new crackdown.

We haven't got a rich backer so we need to spend no more than we have.

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 11:59 - Jun 7 with 2238 viewsEU5Makaveli

Your right it’s ludicrous, a massive gamble on their part- just look at Aston Villa.
I’d rather we stabilised and rebuilt which what it looks like is happening.
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 12:20 - Jun 7 with 2193 viewsMoscowJack

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 11:59 - Jun 7 by EU5Makaveli

Your right it’s ludicrous, a massive gamble on their part- just look at Aston Villa.

Why's it a gamble if their owner is one of the richest men in Britain? He can write off £100m easily.

Villa are only having issues because the Chinese owner can't get as much money out of China as he used to.

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 12:23 - Jun 7 with 2187 viewsCaptain_Sham

I'd rather we play the U23s and get relegated than get into serious financial trouble. Norwich and Southampton used League 1 as a springboard. We may as well keep hold of the nettle, now we have grasped it.

Its just a ride.

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 18:24 - Jun 7 with 1894 viewsjack_lord

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 11:59 - Jun 7 by EU5Makaveli

I don't like the gamble route.

I'm not sure what we can do to rebuild with our 20000 seater stadium being, incredibly after 7 years in the Premier, one of the smaller stadiums and therefore limiting income.

We have got the benefit of parachute payments and ability to sell off some players who will be in demand and bring in big money so a good manager pushing the squad with additions with fight will get us back up there unless Jenkins is involved in player selection.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 19:06 - Jun 7 with 1843 viewsjasper_T

Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 18:24 - Jun 7 by jack_lord

I don't like the gamble route.

I'm not sure what we can do to rebuild with our 20000 seater stadium being, incredibly after 7 years in the Premier, one of the smaller stadiums and therefore limiting income.

We have got the benefit of parachute payments and ability to sell off some players who will be in demand and bring in big money so a good manager pushing the squad with additions with fight will get us back up there unless Jenkins is involved in player selection.

The size of the stadium isn't a limiting factor when we won't fill it every week.
Andre Gray and Benik Afobe to Stoke on 21:25 - Jun 7 with 1770 viewsBadlands

Stoke will be doing a Villa.
Because their style is like almost ever other Championship team they will struggle to be consistently better.
We need to be different if we are to challenge for promotion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024