Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? 17:20 - Jun 7 with 4082 viewsjackharris

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/landore-train-station-swansea-bein

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 17:22 - Jun 7 with 4072 viewsandrew

7 years too late.

Bit pointless really as travel is easy from the train station to that area, 5 minutes on a bus.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 17:34 - Jun 7 with 4034 viewsicecoldjack

Exactly what I was going to say .
Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:09 - Jun 7 with 3925 viewsjack_lord

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 17:22 - Jun 7 by andrew

7 years too late.

Bit pointless really as travel is easy from the train station to that area, 5 minutes on a bus.

How often do the buses tun from high street to Morfa. Also the same question for the return journey especially for night games?
I suppose it is also added expenditure but of course people will want to go in to the Centre as opposed to the Morfa area but it does add a choice.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:24 - Jun 7 with 3888 viewsGlyn1

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:09 - Jun 7 by jack_lord

How often do the buses tun from high street to Morfa. Also the same question for the return journey especially for night games?
I suppose it is also added expenditure but of course people will want to go in to the Centre as opposed to the Morfa area but it does add a choice.

Personally, I've never been able to get on a bus after the match, and always have had to walk back. Trains have capacity so surely this is excellent news, what are the negatives?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:54 - Jun 7 with 3830 viewsdobjack2

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:24 - Jun 7 by Glyn1

Personally, I've never been able to get on a bus after the match, and always have had to walk back. Trains have capacity so surely this is excellent news, what are the negatives?

Both sets of supporters making their way there?
Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 19:36 - Jun 7 with 3763 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:24 - Jun 7 by Glyn1

I agree, if it ever gets off the ground.
This is just a sweetener as the new rail franchise offers the square root of eff all for areas outside of Cardiff.
All the rest of us get are some newer trains and the stations having a 'deep clean'.
There is still no proposals for a N S link and we we still have to use that well known Welsh railway hub, Shrewsbury, to get around Wales.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 19:54 - Jun 7 with 3711 viewsJackofdreambeach

Agree, Landore station needs to get investment and re-open.

Agree, where have our AM's been for the last ten years?

Unfortunately, some of these AM,s look fine in following up local 'community council' type issues but they look out of their depth in their efforts to secure major investment in infrastructure and city regeneration.
Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 20:09 - Jun 7 with 3670 viewsmax936

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:09 - Jun 7 by jack_lord

I walked up to Lib from station a few times and into town from Lib its not a bad walk, night games are different though, granted.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 20:21 - Jun 7 with 3632 viewsandrew

‘First’ puts busses on don’t they? Opposite the ground after night games.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 21:30 - Jun 7 with 3493 viewswestside

No brainer to open Landore station.

People living in landore, hafod, brynhfyrd, plasmarl, copper quarter etc could use it daily.

Regeneration of the Lower Swansea Valley with lots of stuff like Liberty stadium, Morfa Shopping park, copperworks, brewery, cable car, etc

Trains run in two directions so it's not just about getting into Swansea.
Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 04:23 - Jun 8 with 3305 viewsWhiterockin

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 18:54 - Jun 7 by dobjack2

Both sets of supporters making their way there?

No need for this to be an issue if we followed the Brighton example. Yes the station was crowded after the game, but they got thousands away quickly in both directions, remember public transport is free there on match days.
Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 09:33 - Jun 8 with 3157 viewsPrivate_Partz

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 19:54 - Jun 7 by Jackofdreambeach

Agree, Landore station needs to get investment and re-open.

Agree, where have our AM's been for the last ten years?

Unfortunately, some of these AM,s look fine in following up local 'community council' type issues but they look out of their depth in their efforts to secure major investment in infrastructure and city regeneration.

Nail on head. I urge people just to check our the Twitter feeds of our 3 Local AMs. They spend most of their time attending functions that could easily be dealt with by Local Councillors.
Swansea has received kick after kick in the nuts yet you hardly get any comment.
Dai Lloyd is one of the few to stand up and be counted.
I include all Parties in this.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 13:17]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 14:19 - Jun 8 with 3001 viewsDyfnant

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 17:22 - Jun 7 by andrew

7 years too late.

Depends totally on if it’s usabl from the west, that’s where the real benefit is

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Landore train station in Swansea is being considered for reopening, again? on 16:37 - Jun 8 with 2884 viewsjackharris

7 years too late.

Absolutely rubbish. Of course it is needed. Direct trains to Swansea Landore would be brilliant for the likes of myself. Gowerton to Landore would take roughly 7 minutes, depending on whether Cockett reopened too. From the Western region trains could be direct. Half an hour can be wasted going all the way into Swansea High Street and getting back to the ground. Would be fab from the East too. Supporters could change at Port Talbot or Neath for a direct service to Landore. Without the need to go into Swansea and also waste time coming back on yourself. I would operate a about 4 services of special services on matchday between say...

Eastern Service Llanelli - Gowerton - Cockett - Landore - Neath - Port Talbot (Train comes back from Port Talbot, calling at...

Western Service - Port Talbot - Baglan - Briton Ferry - Neath - Skewen - Llansamlet - Landore - Llanelli.

Even a special service from Camarthen to Bridgend

Camarthen, Ferry Side, Kidwelly, Pembrey, Burry Port, Llanelli, Gowerton, Cockett(?), Landore

Bridgend - Pontyclun - Pyle - Port Talbot - Neath, Baglan - Briton Ferry - Skewen - Llansamlet - Landore

And specials from West Wales Pembroke Dock, etc...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024