Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' 11:15 - Jun 10 with 11171 viewsShaky

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links'

BBC, 10 June 2018

The founder of Leave.EU, Arron Banks, has confirmed he will appear before MPs this week to answer new allegations about his links with Russia.

It has been reported that Mr Banks, who bankrolled the unofficial leave campaign, had more contact with Russian officials than he previously admitted.

The allegations come as MPs investigate accusations Russia attempted to influence the EU referendum.

Mr Banks has suggested he is the victim of "a political witch-hunt".'Boozy lunches'

Since Britain voted to leave the EU in June 2016, questions have been raised about Leave.EU campaign and its chief backer Mr Banks, as well as the possible influence of Russia on the referendum result.

The Sunday Times reports Mr Banks had three meetings with the Russian ambassador to the UK. In his book, The Bad Boys of Brexit, Mr Banks had previously admitted to only one.

The millionaire Brexit backer told the paper: "I had two boozy lunches with the Russian ambassador and another cup of tea with him. Bite me.

Full story -- for now: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-44428115?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 21:47 - Aug 23 with 1072 viewspeenemunde

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 15:38 - Jul 24 by dft

If only Brexit voters would take their heads out of their arses and look at evidence.

People trying to take away my rights and then telling me to stop moaning can do one.

And if only idiots such as yourself would stop listening to what the likes of the bbc spews out.
Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 09:04 - Aug 24 with 1011 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Remain EU downplay EU links.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 12:05 - Aug 24 with 978 viewsmajorraglan

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 09:04 - Aug 24 by felixstowe_jack

Remain EU downplay EU links.

All sides are at it, but some sides have more money than others to brainwash people.
Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 12:16 - Aug 24 with 961 viewsmajorraglan

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 21:47 - Aug 23 by peenemunde

And if only idiots such as yourself would stop listening to what the likes of the bbc spews out.

My personal belief is that on balance the BBC is fairly neutral and objective unlike the majority of media outlets in this country which tend to be biased towards the right.

The below link relates to a survey conducted re the BBC’s impartiality, quite a few people agree it’s biased but they can’t agree with way, almost as many people say it’s biased to the right as say it’s biased to the left. 24% of the people polled say it’s biased but can’t say which way!

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/bbc-left-right-wing-bias/

I would rather have what we have that the media circus they have in the US.
Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 896 viewsKilkennyjack

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 12:16 - Aug 24 by majorraglan

My personal belief is that on balance the BBC is fairly neutral and objective unlike the majority of media outlets in this country which tend to be biased towards the right.

The below link relates to a survey conducted re the BBC’s impartiality, quite a few people agree it’s biased but they can’t agree with way, almost as many people say it’s biased to the right as say it’s biased to the left. 24% of the people polled say it’s biased but can’t say which way!

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/bbc-left-right-wing-bias/

I would rather have what we have that the media circus they have in the US.

Its not.

You have been conned.

Farage on question Time weekly, daily reports from Calais refugee camps helped deliver Brexit.
The cuddly images of that idiot Boris, and the dangerous multi millionaire Rees-Mogg are still repeated daily.

They can take their beloved Royal family, Royal weddings and babies, and their constant English nationalism (see world cup) and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Lets devolve broadcasting. Feck the BBC.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 20:54]

Beware of the Risen People

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 21:21 - Aug 25 with 885 viewsHighjack

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 20:52 - Aug 25 by Kilkennyjack

Its not.

You have been conned.

Farage on question Time weekly, daily reports from Calais refugee camps helped deliver Brexit.
The cuddly images of that idiot Boris, and the dangerous multi millionaire Rees-Mogg are still repeated daily.

They can take their beloved Royal family, Royal weddings and babies, and their constant English nationalism (see world cup) and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Lets devolve broadcasting. Feck the BBC.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 20:54]

Ken Clarke holds the record for question time appearances (or did) and he’s pro EU so it balances out

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 23:21 - Aug 25 with 851 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 21:21 - Aug 25 by Highjack

Ken Clarke holds the record for question time appearances (or did) and he’s pro EU so it balances out

Ken Clarke has been a high profile politician in either government or opposition since the 1970s. Stop being silly.

Poll: Tory leader

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 23:59 - Aug 25 with 839 viewsHighjack

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 23:21 - Aug 25 by exiledclaseboy

Ken Clarke has been a high profile politician in either government or opposition since the 1970s. Stop being silly.

If Kilkenny is making the argument that Farage being on QT on a regular basis somehow swung the referendum it’s not silly to point out that most contributors to that show are vehemently pro EU. In fact if you look at the list of most appearances on QT it is heavily weighted towards pro Europeans. Ken Clarke, Shirley Williams, Michael F*cking Heseltine etc. So why couldn’t they influence the public into voting remain with their record breaking appearances but old Nige appears a few times and influences the masses instantly?

That added to the fact QT doesn’t have a huge audience in the first place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 15:07 - Aug 26 with 789 viewsKilkennyjack

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 23:59 - Aug 25 by Highjack

If Kilkenny is making the argument that Farage being on QT on a regular basis somehow swung the referendum it’s not silly to point out that most contributors to that show are vehemently pro EU. In fact if you look at the list of most appearances on QT it is heavily weighted towards pro Europeans. Ken Clarke, Shirley Williams, Michael F*cking Heseltine etc. So why couldn’t they influence the public into voting remain with their record breaking appearances but old Nige appears a few times and influences the masses instantly?

That added to the fact QT doesn’t have a huge audience in the first place.

Your mate Farage was not even a MP.
He failed many times.

The BBC gave this dangerous man a platform that the electorate had always denied him.

Calais reports every evening with footage of refugees trying to get into the UK. Has all that stopped now since the Brexidiot vote ‘cos it sure as hell is not reported any more. Job done perhaps ?

Whataboutism is not a worthy answer.

The BBC helped deliver Brexit. Simples.

Beware of the Risen People

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 15:22 - Aug 26 with 784 viewsHighjack

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 15:07 - Aug 26 by Kilkennyjack

Your mate Farage was not even a MP.
He failed many times.

The BBC gave this dangerous man a platform that the electorate had always denied him.

Calais reports every evening with footage of refugees trying to get into the UK. Has all that stopped now since the Brexidiot vote ‘cos it sure as hell is not reported any more. Job done perhaps ?

Whataboutism is not a worthy answer.

The BBC helped deliver Brexit. Simples.

Leanne ain’t an MP either. Neither is Eddie Izzard or Russell Brand. It’s not a show just for MPs.

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 17:08 - Aug 26 with 756 viewsCatullus

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 01:51 - Jul 23 by DJack

Yep, but it did not exclude a soft Brexit...Suck it up.

And before you lose your schit I may remind you that it was stated that the referendum was non-binding but you keep refusing to recognise that fact.

Soft Brexit, as described by many is not brexit. Brexit means leaving the single market, customs union......and all the other things like ending free movement.
When the referendum was announced Cameron said the government would honour the result.....everyone knows this but still the arguments rage.
This "only 37% voted for leave lark.....of those entitled to vote who actually did vote, the majority voted leave. This 37% nonsense is just an argument that the minority really won on the assumption that everybody who didn't vote was a remainer, utter BS.

Whether for or against Brexit I guarantee if remain had won in exactly the same manner no amount of calls for a re-run would be listened too. The fact that our politicians are screaming idiots and making a complete mess of it is irrelevant.
I suppose I could argue only 36% voted remain!! I could remind people that to be government minister in the UK you have to be an elected official (MP) but the EU's most senior jobs are chosen by other EU officials and not elected. I could say Remain didn't try persuading us with facts but went straight for scare tactics and wonder if there were any facts that would have changed my mind and why didn't they use them
The facebook argument makes me laugh, apparently it was the old codgers who swung it for leave, how many OAP's are facebook addicts, how many are on Twitter? Social media is a younger person's thing and young people mostly chose remain so who was influenced exactly?
On Brexit, the EU and all that, there is so much BS from both sides. This idea we are influenced by adverts, well yes, we are but to what extent? I see adverts all the time for things I have never and will never buy. I don't read leaflets posted to my house, they go in the bin. I don't have a social media account and for the most part I don't watch adverts on tv. I watch mostly pre-recorded things and usually FF through any adverts.
What some people on here need to accept is they are influenced by pro EU things too. They've been being told for years how great the EU is but haven't been around long enough to see the change in this country and fully appreciate it and that's not an anti immigration thing before someone says it. If the EU is so great why are so many people in many EU states turning to the far right? The UK isn't as entwined as some and we haven't lurched as far right as some other countries "populists" but when people like Marine LePen and theItalian coalition start making headway, can't people see there is a problem.
If the EU doesn't dimish our sovereignty why did Heath's government suppress a report that said it would? Why did Heath lie about the EU's intentions?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 17:15 - Aug 26 with 753 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 17:08 - Aug 26 by Catullus

Soft Brexit, as described by many is not brexit. Brexit means leaving the single market, customs union......and all the other things like ending free movement.
When the referendum was announced Cameron said the government would honour the result.....everyone knows this but still the arguments rage.
This "only 37% voted for leave lark.....of those entitled to vote who actually did vote, the majority voted leave. This 37% nonsense is just an argument that the minority really won on the assumption that everybody who didn't vote was a remainer, utter BS.

Whether for or against Brexit I guarantee if remain had won in exactly the same manner no amount of calls for a re-run would be listened too. The fact that our politicians are screaming idiots and making a complete mess of it is irrelevant.
I suppose I could argue only 36% voted remain!! I could remind people that to be government minister in the UK you have to be an elected official (MP) but the EU's most senior jobs are chosen by other EU officials and not elected. I could say Remain didn't try persuading us with facts but went straight for scare tactics and wonder if there were any facts that would have changed my mind and why didn't they use them
The facebook argument makes me laugh, apparently it was the old codgers who swung it for leave, how many OAP's are facebook addicts, how many are on Twitter? Social media is a younger person's thing and young people mostly chose remain so who was influenced exactly?
On Brexit, the EU and all that, there is so much BS from both sides. This idea we are influenced by adverts, well yes, we are but to what extent? I see adverts all the time for things I have never and will never buy. I don't read leaflets posted to my house, they go in the bin. I don't have a social media account and for the most part I don't watch adverts on tv. I watch mostly pre-recorded things and usually FF through any adverts.
What some people on here need to accept is they are influenced by pro EU things too. They've been being told for years how great the EU is but haven't been around long enough to see the change in this country and fully appreciate it and that's not an anti immigration thing before someone says it. If the EU is so great why are so many people in many EU states turning to the far right? The UK isn't as entwined as some and we haven't lurched as far right as some other countries "populists" but when people like Marine LePen and theItalian coalition start making headway, can't people see there is a problem.
If the EU doesn't dimish our sovereignty why did Heath's government suppress a report that said it would? Why did Heath lie about the EU's intentions?

You dint have to be an “elected official” to be a government minister. Just saying.

On the point about a second vote, some high profile Brexit types, Farage included, are on record as saying that they’d keep pushing for another vote if the original one was so close as to not provide a clear mandate. 52/48 in favour of remain were the figures mentioned. They changed their mind when the 52/48 was in their favour and now the “will of the people” must be respected.

Poll: Tory leader

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 19:01 - Aug 26 with 725 viewsCatullus

Leave.EU 'downplayed Russian links' on 17:15 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

You dint have to be an “elected official” to be a government minister. Just saying.

On the point about a second vote, some high profile Brexit types, Farage included, are on record as saying that they’d keep pushing for another vote if the original one was so close as to not provide a clear mandate. 52/48 in favour of remain were the figures mentioned. They changed their mind when the 52/48 was in their favour and now the “will of the people” must be respected.

The second vote issue is a bit daft to me, always was. We all know that whoever won, they would never agree to another vote. As someone put it somewhere in one of these threads, he/she wasn't happy about habviong their rights taken away but voting leave was a democratic choice, whatever way you feel about it. Whichever way it swang people would be complaining about losing rights......along with so many other things.
The MP/Minister thing, you're right, you can be a minister if you are a Lord/Lady. Interestingly, it used to be that an MP couldn't be a minister because it was considered an office of profit until a sneaky PM worked around it, then they started paying MP's making that too an office of profit. Still they all want to climb the greasy pole (or should that be Walpole?) and make more profit

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024