Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: 11:58 - Jun 10 with 7830 viewsShaky

Here's Trudeau presenting Trump with a picture of grandpappy's frontier brothel. Looks like something those cheeky Canadians just ran off on the secretary's laser printer then stuck in an Ikea frame.

Best. Trolling. Ever.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:24 - Jun 12 with 1524 viewsThursday

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:15 - Jun 12 by moonie

Jay.

Here s another observation. Lisa seems as prone to being rattled as any on here when her massive ego is pricked . Nowt wrong with ego,Mine is the size of Monte Baldo.

Strong women ! Love em. Married one . Actually don't like those who are too compliant. My mother was that way inclined and she didn't have a happy life for many years

Just saying like
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 17:24]

Of course she is. But you when you throw in some insult to her in your replies, thinking it's hilarious to push buttons, no one else thinks it's hilarious. I'm sure some feel a little pity.

The fact you added that second (third, I guess) paragraph afterwards speaks for itself.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 17:27]
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:29 - Jun 12 with 1510 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:07 - Jun 12 by Shaky

Comparing the capital cost of wind power to conventional generation makes no sense, as there are no fuel costs associated with renewable power. Only minimal maintenance.

Furthermore the natural gas market in the UK is a mess, due to massive malinvestment in gas-fired generation following Thatcher's deregulations and the ensuing run down of North Sea reserves.

Anyway the right way to compare power from different generation sources is what is known as the Levelized Cost Of Electricity (LCOE).

As for UK wind PPAs, I believe recent deals have gone down at £55-60 per MWh for 15 years, and are falling.

That compares with I believe around £95 MWh for 35 years at the proposed Hinkley Point nuclear units.

"Comparing the capital cost of wind power to conventional generation makes no sense, as there are no fuel costs associated with renewable power"
You did read what I wrote?
The Wind farm's Electricity will cost the UK Consumers £2.5B more than Gas fired Electricity, which of course includes the cost of the Gas.
"Only minimal maintenance"
You do realise that Offshore Wind Farms are suffering much more rapid blade wear than was envisioned by their designers and are going to need repairs to the blades or new blades. That is on top of all the gear box issues that they suffer.

Would you lke to discuss levelised costs because we can also do that?

You are close, the latest round of deals was for £57.5/MWh, but offshore wind was no where near the £95/MWh of Hinkley, the Rampion deal is £140/MWh.
The only reason Hinkley needs £95/Mwh is to get a level playing field with Wind Power and even then it is not that level because Wind, Solar & Bio have the "first call" on Grid requirements.
The only problem with the latest deal of course is that none of them have actually been built yet and it will be very interesting to see if they ever are.

We have now had a fortnight of total Grid Wind Power at less than 2Gw of production, from a rated output of over 12Gw.
Of course when Turbines are not being turned by the Wind they have to draw Electricity from the grid to keep their bearings from brinelling, so they actually have a negative but unmeasured impact on the grid.
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:33 - Jun 12 with 1510 viewsmoonie

Well you guess wrong.
It's down to selective outrage
Lisa is not backwards at coming forwards .Maybe you need to read her pithy put downs before joining in the ritual assault on me .

Lisa spends many posts putting people down ,the fact she does it in a more subtle way than others is irrelevant.

Nobody on here is too big not to have their ego pricked .

Nobody. I don't come on here for friendship or to be popular like most just to comment as I see and saw HM ripping into another punter and called her out. Insults ...? Now , For that I d refer you back to Omar and his insulting filth regarding my father recently deceased . This post was backed up and up arrowed by Darren and others so ,Thurs, you might guess I m a bit cross.
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:42 - Jun 12 with 1488 viewsDarran

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:33 - Jun 12 by moonie

Well you guess wrong.
Lisa is not backwards at coming forwards .Maybe you need to read her pithy put downs before joining in the ritual assault on me .

Lisa spends many posts putting people down ,the fact she does it in a more subtle way than others is irrelevant.

Nobody. I don't come on here for friendship or to be popular like most just to comment as I see and saw HM ripping into another punter and called her out. Insults ...? Now , For that I d refer you back to Omar and his insulting filth regarding my father recently deceased . This post was backed up and up arrowed by Darren and others so ,Thurs, you might guess I m a bit cross.

Omar DID NOT post anything on here regarding your fathers recent sad death.

You have to be the scum of the earth to keep saying it.

He DID NOT do it.

I honestly believe there should be a ban for even suggesting it. It’s sick beyond belief.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 17:42]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:44 - Jun 12 with 1486 viewsmoonie

Great post .have an up arrow
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:50 - Jun 12 with 1483 viewsThursday

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:33 - Jun 12 by moonie

Well you guess wrong.

It's not a ritual assault. You are maligned often unfairly. And sometimes fairly. This is one of the fair times. I think I've spoken up for you before. Everything on its own merits.

I have read Lisa's pithy remarks. Her ones to you only come after you have insulted her.

I can appreciate your upset if there were recent insults to your loss. That should be beyond reproach. I didn't see them. They didn't come from Lisa, and that's all I'm talking about. Everything on its own merits.
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:53 - Jun 12 with 1472 viewsDarran

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:50 - Jun 12 by Thursday

It's not a ritual assault. You are maligned often unfairly. And sometimes fairly. This is one of the fair times. I think I've spoken up for you before. Everything on its own merits.

I have read Lisa's pithy remarks. Her ones to you only come after you have insulted her.

I can appreciate your upset if there were recent insults to your loss. That should be beyond reproach. I didn't see them. They didn't come from Lisa, and that's all I'm talking about. Everything on its own merits.

Mate there were no recent insults to his sad loss.

I read the thread and I texted Phil to delete it because it overstepped the mark but it’s not what he’s saying.

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 18:00 - Jun 12 with 1467 viewsShaky

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:29 - Jun 12 by A_Fans_Dad

"Comparing the capital cost of wind power to conventional generation makes no sense, as there are no fuel costs associated with renewable power"
You did read what I wrote?
The Wind farm's Electricity will cost the UK Consumers £2.5B more than Gas fired Electricity, which of course includes the cost of the Gas.
"Only minimal maintenance"
You do realise that Offshore Wind Farms are suffering much more rapid blade wear than was envisioned by their designers and are going to need repairs to the blades or new blades. That is on top of all the gear box issues that they suffer.

Would you lke to discuss levelised costs because we can also do that?

You are close, the latest round of deals was for £57.5/MWh, but offshore wind was no where near the £95/MWh of Hinkley, the Rampion deal is £140/MWh.
The only reason Hinkley needs £95/Mwh is to get a level playing field with Wind Power and even then it is not that level because Wind, Solar & Bio have the "first call" on Grid requirements.
The only problem with the latest deal of course is that none of them have actually been built yet and it will be very interesting to see if they ever are.

We have now had a fortnight of total Grid Wind Power at less than 2Gw of production, from a rated output of over 12Gw.
Of course when Turbines are not being turned by the Wind they have to draw Electricity from the grid to keep their bearings from brinelling, so they actually have a negative but unmeasured impact on the grid.

I did read what you wrote:

MW 400 of wind at a capex of £1.2bn which is £2.5bn more than gas fired generation over £20 years.

That can not be right regardless of all the bits of information missing that are required to fully evaluation the economics

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 18:34 - Jun 12 with 1450 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 18:00 - Jun 12 by Shaky

I did read what you wrote:

MW 400 of wind at a capex of £1.2bn which is £2.5bn more than gas fired generation over £20 years.

That can not be right regardless of all the bits of information missing that are required to fully evaluation the economics

The £1.2B capex is just the initial investment, which is about 5 times the cost of a Gas fired station to do the same job, except it works 24/7/365 of course.
The £2.5B is made up of Subsidies on top of the actual price of the Electricity.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 8:56]
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 18:44 - Jun 12 with 1437 viewsDarran

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 18:34 - Jun 12 by A_Fans_Dad

The £1.2B capex is just the initial investment, which is about 5 times the cost of a Gas fired station to do the same job, except it works 24/7/365 of course.
The £2.5B is made up of Subsidies on top of the actual price of the Electricity.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 8:56]

Bit costly just for 9 months.

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 19:31 - Jun 12 with 1424 viewsNeath_Jack

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 16:30 - Jun 12 by Wingstandwood

You seem very intimidated when someone with commonsense posts!
You just don't like police investigative teams that stand up for innocent victims do you?

No offence, just an observation.
Clydach murders new book coming out. by pikeypaul 20 Sep 2017 9:52
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-convicted-murdering-three-generations-13642554

This new book should be an interesting read but no doubt only tell us things we have already read and know.

Did not realise it was going yet again to the court of appeal next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1991722.stm

Well Mr Wingy, if that is the case, you can rest assured that I'll never be intimidated by one of your posts.

I'd like you to explain how you've come to that ludicrous conclusion but i really can't be arsed with posters such as yourself, who make things up to have a little pop. It's getting boring now.

You can take my ignoring of your next reply as meaning you've got one over me, or you've proved yourself, if you so wish.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 00:10 - Jun 13 with 1379 viewsDJack

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 10:12 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

I agree with all that.

I think you misunderstood my point.

I think I may be overly picky with your inclusion of the "natural cycle of warming and cooling has been massively heightened and distorted...". To my mind there is a teeny bit of ambiguity that includes the "natural cycle" as part of what we now observe - which the deniers love to seize on.

I'll get back in my box.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 08:56 - Jun 13 with 1322 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 18:44 - Jun 12 by Darran

Bit costly just for 9 months.

Thankyou for pointing out the error.
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 11:00 - Jun 13 with 1296 viewsKerouac

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 17:50 - Jun 12 by Thursday

You don't see her hypocrisy though?

A lot of what she accused Perch of she could be accused of with her post for me.

Myself?
I can't stand people who like to give it but have a cry when they get some back.
Whatever gender, ethnicity, age or creed they are.

...and Perch calling her out was justified.

Instead of chucking mud at people who disagree with us ("mysoginist!", "fascist!" etc.) how about we all engage with the arguments, the ideas?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 14:31]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 11:09 - Jun 13 with 1290 viewsmoonie

Arguments? Love the. it keeps us fresh .

Arguments are discourse ,in this case , by Internet. . Plenty on here are able to discuss the most sensitive without resorting to hateful insult. Lohengrin is King in this regard. I don't agree with some of his views but what a joy to see subjects discussed in the matter in which he does . He shames all of us .

Trump, Israel , Tories....All just so predictable topics .
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 11:37 - Jun 13 with 1272 viewsKerouac

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 10:21 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

Trump didn’t meet ‘those EU leaders’ this week.

He met the leaders of the other G7 countries.

Quite why anyone here would think that treating them with disdain was ‘the way they deserve to be spoken to’ is, genuinely, utterly beyond me.

Although I’m inclined to burst out laughing at your pretence that your support for Trump is a surprise to either you or anyone else.

The only people in the world who think Trump emerged well from the G7 summit are absolute idiots who’d celebrate him wandering in to a press conference and belching the tune of God Bless America.

"Trump didn’t meet ‘those EU leaders’ this week. "

He met with Macron and Merkel (the real leaders of the EU) this week at the G7 and discussed trade barriers/tariffs...these are set by the EU in Europe.

"Quite why anyone here would think that treating them with disdain was ‘the way they deserve to be spoken to’ is, genuinely, utterly beyond me."

They deserve to be spoken to with disdain because they are hypocrites and flat track bullies.
When he said that in response to their criticism of his steel tariffs he went around the room and pointed out how each country benefited by erecting tariffs against the US he was correct
Macron and Merkel are utter hypocrites.

When he points out that they are not paying the agreed 2% of their budgets on military defence (as they agreed to when they signed up to NATO) and yet expect the US (& the UK) to ride to their rescue if attacked by Russia, he was correct.

When he points out that they have been asked to rectify this situation (both on NATO and tariffs) but refuse to give an inch he is correct

When asked afterwards how relations were with his allies, his reply of "fantastic, 10/10" was hilarious because that is how these same allies have been behaving with the USA for decades...."we are great friends and allies with the US" (while flicking the Vs at the US with their building of a European superstate to challenge American hegemony and their dodging of Western military responsibilities).

...and he is right even though he is an overgrown, orange, man-child, reality TV star with awful hair.

The World is not black and white.

"Although I’m inclined to burst out laughing at your pretence that your support for Trump is a surprise to either you or anyone else"

Here you go again, making it personal. Making out that I am pretending in some way, or that you know what I think better than me.

I am not a Trump supporter. For example, I think protectionist trade policies are very often a bad idea, most often in fact.
I merely stated that I am beginning to enjoy the ride. The G7 was the most interesting G7 in living memory.
Somebody actually said something, that was an uncomfortable truth.

This is the logical result of the EU journey. The split of the West between the US and Europe. This is what they wanted, a multi-polar World. To reject the American version of Capitalism and militarism.
Some of us have been saying for a long time that this was not wise.
Now the EU will face similar tariffs to what they impose on the US and they will eventually have to take care of their own military defence ...they are out their on their own as they wished to be.
Unfortunately for the EU they presently have no unity, a stagnated economy and a f*cked currency. They are all at each other's throats and can't agree on a way forward on just about anything. In a trade war they lose.
There is revolution in the air and the economy is likely to get worse. The only way out is for Germany to get all authoritarian again.
Nobody will have this and the EU superstate dream will die.
This is where we have been led to by idealistic, dreamer, imbeciles.

"The only people in the world who think Trump emerged well from the G7 summit are absolute idiots who’d celebrate him wandering in to a press conference and belching the tune of God Bless America."

Yes, well, has it ever crossed your mind that some people might think you an "idiot".
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 11:41]

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 11:50 - Jun 13 with 1264 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 11:37 - Jun 13 by Kerouac

"Trump didn’t meet ‘those EU leaders’ this week. "

He met with Macron and Merkel (the real leaders of the EU) this week at the G7 and discussed trade barriers/tariffs...these are set by the EU in Europe.

"Quite why anyone here would think that treating them with disdain was ‘the way they deserve to be spoken to’ is, genuinely, utterly beyond me."

They deserve to be spoken to with disdain because they are hypocrites and flat track bullies.
When he said that in response to their criticism of his steel tariffs he went around the room and pointed out how each country benefited by erecting tariffs against the US he was correct
Macron and Merkel are utter hypocrites.

When he points out that they are not paying the agreed 2% of their budgets on military defence (as they agreed to when they signed up to NATO) and yet expect the US (& the UK) to ride to their rescue if attacked by Russia, he was correct.

When he points out that they have been asked to rectify this situation (both on NATO and tariffs) but refuse to give an inch he is correct

When asked afterwards how relations were with his allies, his reply of "fantastic, 10/10" was hilarious because that is how these same allies have been behaving with the USA for decades...."we are great friends and allies with the US" (while flicking the Vs at the US with their building of a European superstate to challenge American hegemony and their dodging of Western military responsibilities).

...and he is right even though he is an overgrown, orange, man-child, reality TV star with awful hair.

The World is not black and white.

"Although I’m inclined to burst out laughing at your pretence that your support for Trump is a surprise to either you or anyone else"

Here you go again, making it personal. Making out that I am pretending in some way, or that you know what I think better than me.

I am not a Trump supporter. For example, I think protectionist trade policies are very often a bad idea, most often in fact.
I merely stated that I am beginning to enjoy the ride. The G7 was the most interesting G7 in living memory.
Somebody actually said something, that was an uncomfortable truth.

This is the logical result of the EU journey. The split of the West between the US and Europe. This is what they wanted, a multi-polar World. To reject the American version of Capitalism and militarism.
Some of us have been saying for a long time that this was not wise.
Now the EU will face similar tariffs to what they impose on the US and they will eventually have to take care of their own military defence ...they are out their on their own as they wished to be.
Unfortunately for the EU they presently have no unity, a stagnated economy and a f*cked currency. They are all at each other's throats and can't agree on a way forward on just about anything. In a trade war they lose.
There is revolution in the air and the economy is likely to get worse. The only way out is for Germany to get all authoritarian again.
Nobody will have this and the EU superstate dream will die.
This is where we have been led to by idealistic, dreamer, imbeciles.

"The only people in the world who think Trump emerged well from the G7 summit are absolute idiots who’d celebrate him wandering in to a press conference and belching the tune of God Bless America."

Yes, well, has it ever crossed your mind that some people might think you an "idiot".
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 11:41]

You are wasting your time, the people on here with TDS cannot see the attraction of someone who is not a "career Diplomat", who does what he promised when electioneering and tells the rest of the world where to get off.
Because he puts his country and it's people before Globalism.
They quote the Globalist Mass Media as if it is gospel and they are epitomised by the luvvies at the Tony awards, giving De-nero a standing ovation for profanity.
A very sad state of affairs.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 14:24]
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 12:29 - Jun 13 with 1252 viewsKerouac

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 10:37 - Jun 12 by omarjack

It's no use talking logic to those who actually believe that Fox News, Breitbart and the Daily Mail etc to be actual genuine news outlets and not glorified tabloids which do not even claim to be real news by the way, Lisa.

As for people who keep posting the nastiest opinions around here suddenly awakened to the shocking revelation that they like that bloke Trump..just lol.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 10:39]

Hey Omar,
You were referring to me weren't you.

Please explain;
"As for people who keep posting the nastiest opinions around here"

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 13:11 - Jun 13 with 1233 viewsKerouac

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 10:28 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

You’ve spent 12 years reading the same right wing misinformed crap as you do now by the sounds of it.

It’s astonishing that people who claim they are properly informed and not taken in by newspapers or writers (perhaps you’re not including the writers who provide your version of events there?) are all pro trump, anti Obama, anti EU, anti global warming, anti immigration, pro wiki leaks, anti renewables etc etc etc.

Despite all this independent, in depth research, you all come to EXACTLY the same conclusions as Fox News on absolutely everything.

"It’s astonishing that people who claim they are properly informed and not taken in by newspapers or writers (perhaps you’re not including the writers who provide your version of events there?) are all pro trump, anti Obama, anti EU, anti global warming, anti immigration, pro wiki leaks, anti renewables etc etc etc. "

The only item on your list that applies to me is "anti-EU".
Yet you still lump me in with the kind of people you are describing and try to attribute other items from your list too me.
ie.

- "pro-Trump"
No I am not. I have opposed his Presidency from the start.

- "anti-immigration"
No I am not. I just believe in controlled immigration and balance as regards to who we bring in.
e.g. less Muslims as a percentage of the total, more of a balance in terms of religious and geographical background.

You lump anyone who expresses an opinion (on any of those listed topics) that you disagree with together with the others who disagree with you on the other topics....and you label the group you have created "far-right".
Once you have done this in your own mind you then feel free to label these people;
"racist", "misogynist", "fascist", "Islamophobic", "Nationalist" etc.

You do this because you have prejudices and are, in fact, bigoted.

You are not alone, many, many people are doing this...and it is polarising society.
It has driven someone like me away from Left of centre parties.
I do not wish to be affiliated with people like you who will not allow people to express their opinions, ideas and fears.
I will not be silenced, I do not care what names I am called.

People across the West started calling "bull-shit" during the Iraq war, this was accelerated through the MP expenses scandal and the financial crash...and we are not done yet.
This is good, this is how democracy is supposed to function.
Your Plutocracy is burning down around you.
The establishment's refusal to listen and address people's concerns is what is fueling it, not "FOX News"...stop kidding yourself.

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 13:32 - Jun 13 with 1222 viewsmoonie

You ll be picking those barbs out for week K.

Thanks for a little perspective

None of us is necessarily right or wrong .

Once we understand that ,then we can moved on
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 13:39 - Jun 13 with 1219 viewsKerouac

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 11:03 - Jun 12 by londonlisa2001

Indeed.

The bit that confuses me is this.

If Trump is all about putting America first, and Putin is all about putting Russia first and the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain etc are so definitely better off outside the EU, why on earth do both Trump and Putin so desperately want the EU to fall apart? Why don't they recognise that the UK, Germany, France are stronger outside those shackles and therefore agitate to keep all those potentially stronger, independent countries inside the EU where surely they are collectively weaker?

I’d love someone to explain that apparent contradiction...

A question for you...
If it is true that the EU makes us collectively a threat to America, why then did all previous Presidents support it's construction?

Russia has an economy the size of Italy. They can only threaten us militarily.
The question then was how do we neutralize this military threat.
The answer was NATO, a Western military alliance that allowed us to shelter under the US military umbrella.
We also co-operated on the economy.
Europe received huge loans from the USA via the Marshall plan.
The US invested in Europe and trade was increased.

The elites of Europe however have decided that they wish to challenge America rather than be a loyal ally, they thought that constructing the EU (which was always intended to lead us to political, economic and military union - The United States of Europe) on top of the foundations of the EEC would lead us to a bright future as a superpower.

It has in fact led us to here.
A paralyzed, weak, discontented, continent that can't move forward together. The divisions are too deep...and we are now exposed as the US wakes up to the fact that the EU is a potential enemy and a hostile actor that is a drag on the Western World.

Trump is a symptom of an angry America unhappy with the status quo.
They are not going to put up with being shut out of European markets anymore, they will no longer accept that we benefit from US military interventions and US involvement in the defence of Europe when we do not accept our responsibilities in kind.
As Trump put it, crudely, "the game is up".

We (the UK) are better off outside the EU tied into the American and Chinese economies...if the EU is sensible we will be heavily tied into trade with the continent also.
We also need to reach out to the English speaking World and members of the Commonwealth.
That is where our economic prosperity of the future lies.

The EU however, needs to finish the job they started (if they can) and put up with being part of the German empire (in all but name)...but this is going to prove difficult in the extreme and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 14:01 - Jun 13 with 1203 viewsmoonie

I voted remain.K

Thought leave vote would be a disaster but not sure now.
You make a very eloquent lucid ,argument for leaving .
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 14:32 - Jun 13 with 1182 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 13:11 - Jun 13 by Kerouac

"It’s astonishing that people who claim they are properly informed and not taken in by newspapers or writers (perhaps you’re not including the writers who provide your version of events there?) are all pro trump, anti Obama, anti EU, anti global warming, anti immigration, pro wiki leaks, anti renewables etc etc etc. "

The only item on your list that applies to me is "anti-EU".
Yet you still lump me in with the kind of people you are describing and try to attribute other items from your list too me.
ie.

- "pro-Trump"
No I am not. I have opposed his Presidency from the start.

- "anti-immigration"
No I am not. I just believe in controlled immigration and balance as regards to who we bring in.
e.g. less Muslims as a percentage of the total, more of a balance in terms of religious and geographical background.

You lump anyone who expresses an opinion (on any of those listed topics) that you disagree with together with the others who disagree with you on the other topics....and you label the group you have created "far-right".
Once you have done this in your own mind you then feel free to label these people;
"racist", "misogynist", "fascist", "Islamophobic", "Nationalist" etc.

You do this because you have prejudices and are, in fact, bigoted.

You are not alone, many, many people are doing this...and it is polarising society.
It has driven someone like me away from Left of centre parties.
I do not wish to be affiliated with people like you who will not allow people to express their opinions, ideas and fears.
I will not be silenced, I do not care what names I am called.

People across the West started calling "bull-shit" during the Iraq war, this was accelerated through the MP expenses scandal and the financial crash...and we are not done yet.
This is good, this is how democracy is supposed to function.
Your Plutocracy is burning down around you.
The establishment's refusal to listen and address people's concerns is what is fueling it, not "FOX News"...stop kidding yourself.

I am also on the "Lisa list".
I am proudly anti EU, especially as we were taken in in 1972 under totally false pretences.
I am proudly anti open immigration and totally for immigration based on those people who "bring something" (other than lawlessness & hatred) to or country.
Unlike you I always preferred Trump to the totally corrupt Clinton empire.

The rest of your post I agree with with bells on.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 14:34]
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 15:05 - Jun 13 with 1158 viewsmoonie

So fans dad ,Kerouac ,and moonie ,the pig racist facist semi literate scouser, all with different views sharing them on this site .
Rest of you should read and weep at which you ve posted

Great stuff lads . I don't think either of you is 100 per cent right
Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 15:26 - Jun 13 with 1145 viewsShaky

Trump's G7 Tantrum Explained: on 13:39 - Jun 13 by Kerouac

A question for you...
If it is true that the EU makes us collectively a threat to America, why then did all previous Presidents support it's construction?

Russia has an economy the size of Italy. They can only threaten us militarily.
The question then was how do we neutralize this military threat.
The answer was NATO, a Western military alliance that allowed us to shelter under the US military umbrella.
We also co-operated on the economy.
Europe received huge loans from the USA via the Marshall plan.
The US invested in Europe and trade was increased.

The elites of Europe however have decided that they wish to challenge America rather than be a loyal ally, they thought that constructing the EU (which was always intended to lead us to political, economic and military union - The United States of Europe) on top of the foundations of the EEC would lead us to a bright future as a superpower.

It has in fact led us to here.
A paralyzed, weak, discontented, continent that can't move forward together. The divisions are too deep...and we are now exposed as the US wakes up to the fact that the EU is a potential enemy and a hostile actor that is a drag on the Western World.

Trump is a symptom of an angry America unhappy with the status quo.
They are not going to put up with being shut out of European markets anymore, they will no longer accept that we benefit from US military interventions and US involvement in the defence of Europe when we do not accept our responsibilities in kind.
As Trump put it, crudely, "the game is up".

We (the UK) are better off outside the EU tied into the American and Chinese economies...if the EU is sensible we will be heavily tied into trade with the continent also.
We also need to reach out to the English speaking World and members of the Commonwealth.
That is where our economic prosperity of the future lies.

The EU however, needs to finish the job they started (if they can) and put up with being part of the German empire (in all but name)...but this is going to prove difficult in the extreme and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

You are insane.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024