Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deulofeu 17:01 - Jun 11 with 2226 viewsdjdancarter

Signs for Watford from Barcelona for potential deal totalling 15 million. 1 million less than we payed Hull City for Sam Clucas....
Deulofeu on 18:37 - Jun 11 with 2115 viewsKilkennyjack

Incredible.

And same price we paid for Borja. A cool £15m.

Beware of the Risen People

Deulofeu on 18:49 - Jun 11 with 2081 viewstrampie

The Clucas thing was startling, I checked his age and who he had played for previously and was in shock at the signing and the price tag, oh and i'm not aftertiming [as they would say in betting circles] either.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Deulofeu on 18:57 - Jun 11 with 2063 viewsSwanseaisgreat

I've thought / hoped for a while now that the fee paid to Hull was only so high because the player was prepared to take a "modest" salary.

e.g. 80k a week player costs £16m on a 4 year contract.
40k a week player costs £8m over the 4 years.

So if you can find a 40k player it's "worth" paying a high fee.

Makes any sense?!
Deulofeu on 19:06 - Jun 11 with 2022 viewsomarjack

Deulofeu on 18:57 - Jun 11 by Swanseaisgreat

I've thought / hoped for a while now that the fee paid to Hull was only so high because the player was prepared to take a "modest" salary.

Makes any sense?!

It does make sense..Certainly.

And Clucas should be on 10 k/week for me to be ok with his transfer fee. (around 18 m total expenses including wages)

But in reality he's earning close to 50 k/week probably. f*ck me.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Deulofeu on 22:11 - Jun 11 with 1841 viewsicecoldjack

Deulofeu on 18:57 - Jun 11 by Swanseaisgreat

Makes any sense?!

Makes perfect sense but at the same time paying clucas anything over 7k a week is totally fookin' insane, donkey of a footballer for that price . We were done big time on this deal, he is at an age where he won't learn a lot more, sums up everything wrong at the club and why we got relegated. Wrong players, wrong transfer fees,wrong age etc,etc.
Deulofeu on 22:14 - Jun 11 with 1830 viewsLeonWasGod

Deulofeu on 18:49 - Jun 11 by trampie

The Clucas thing was startling, I checked his age and who he had played for previously and was in shock at the signing and the price tag, oh and i'm not aftertiming [as they would say in betting circles] either.

It was so unbelievable it makes you wonder if there was a lot more to that deal than pure naivity/stupidity on our side. No idea what though - I’m no good at coming up with conspiracy theories!
Deulofeu on 22:31 - Jun 11 with 1795 viewstrampie

Deulofeu on 22:14 - Jun 11 by LeonWasGod

It was so unbelievable it makes you wonder if there was a lot more to that deal than pure naivity/stupidity on our side. No idea what though - I’m no good at coming up with conspiracy theories!

Goodness knows perhaps it was just some people at the club not knowing what they were doing, I have no idea if it was this moneyball thing but it did not make sense, everybody knew Swansea needed a creative attacking midfielder, ideally someone that could take a free kick and a pen as Gylfi went before Clucas was signed.
Did they leave it too late and panic and have no other irons in the fire ?, Hull had been relegated and Clucas was a Championship player yet again, I say yet again he had been third tier, fourth tier and non league before that, the fee for the player seemed way over the top, that's not the players fault, he is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination and lets hope he is tremendous next season for us.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Deulofeu on 23:19 - Jun 11 with 1732 viewsdobjack2

Deulofeu on 22:31 - Jun 11 by trampie

Goodness knows perhaps it was just some people at the club not knowing what they were doing, I have no idea if it was this moneyball thing but it did not make sense, everybody knew Swansea needed a creative attacking midfielder, ideally someone that could take a free kick and a pen as Gylfi went before Clucas was signed.
Did they leave it too late and panic and have no other irons in the fire ?, Hull had been relegated and Clucas was a Championship player yet again, I say yet again he had been third tier, fourth tier and non league before that, the fee for the player seemed way over the top, that's not the players fault, he is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination and lets hope he is tremendous next season for us.

Exactly.

He is a decent player and would have been part of the first team squad but that is not what we needed. The issue is that he was effectively replacing a player that provided the majority of our assists and a number of our goals and there was no indication in his career record that he would be able to fill that hole. That is not the players fault.

I don’t like to say this but whoever thought that he was the man to replace Sigurdsson or that the price we paid was realistic needs to be relieved of their responsibilities.

Bony and Ayew were panic signings, paying the money we paid for Clucas was incompetence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024