Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He’s alive!!! 09:45 - Jun 12 with 5266 viewsAndyNak

For those of you concerned Huw was no longer with us, up he pops to share some good news

Must have forgotten to do the same when we were relegated but I’m sure you’ll all breathe a huge sigh of relief

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-potter-swansea

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

He’s alive!!! on 09:46 - Jun 12 with 5249 viewsomarjack

Of course Huw is with us. He's the mascot of the club..aka Beaky.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

He’s alive!!! on 09:58 - Jun 12 with 5215 viewscostalotta

And he’s staying put if that article is anything to go by. Did he say his position would be u tenable if we got relegated? Mmmm, obviously not keeping to his word... again!

““Now we all look forward to working together as the club enters a new season which includes the challenge of pushing for promotion back to the Premier League.”

A sound bite from him but interestingly he’s talking about “we” and not the “club” . Does this mean he’s not gonna relinquish he’s role in the recruitment process?
He’s alive!!! on 10:04 - Jun 12 with 5183 viewsmoonie

Perch ,bless his memory, did suggest he d be going nowhere until it suited him.

We seem stuck with this jerk so hoping Potter can stand up to him .

Good luck Gray
He’s alive!!! on 10:04 - Jun 12 with 5183 viewspencoedjack

He’s alive!!! on 09:58 - Jun 12 by costalotta

And he’s staying put if that article is anything to go by. Did he say his position would be u tenable if we got relegated? Mmmm, obviously not keeping to his word... again!

““Now we all look forward to working together as the club enters a new season which includes the challenge of pushing for promotion back to the Premier League.”

A sound bite from him but interestingly he’s talking about “we” and not the “club” . Does this mean he’s not gonna relinquish he’s role in the recruitment process?

I’ve resigned myself to the fact he’s staying
He’s alive!!! on 10:36 - Jun 12 with 5086 viewsAndyNak

Certainly how I read it. I would dearly love to know if he is still pocketing his £600k a year and what his remit is now, other than the occasional press statement when there’s something to make him look good. Credit where it’s due for the new manager (hopefully) but is that his work for the year done now?

He’s alive!!! on 11:06 - Jun 12 with 4974 viewsTom1912

He’s alive!!! on 10:36 - Jun 12 by AndyNak

Certainly how I read it. I would dearly love to know if he is still pocketing his £600k a year and what his remit is now, other than the occasional press statement when there’s something to make him look good. Credit where it’s due for the new manager (hopefully) but is that his work for the year done now?

If his salary has reduced because we're in the Championship then something has gone very wrong somewhere.
He’s alive!!! on 11:37 - Jun 12 with 4891 viewssainthelens

He’s alive!!! on 11:06 - Jun 12 by Tom1912

If his salary has reduced because we're in the Championship then something has gone very wrong somewhere.

With the reality that what's happened at Aston Villa..we have 2 years before parachutes start to unravel. He'll be making sure he collects his 600k p.a before that runs out. Sadly...don't think he's going anywhere.
He’s alive!!! on 12:03 - Jun 12 with 4777 viewsJonathans_coat

Swansea city officially relegated - 13/5/18

First we hear from the chairman - 12/6/18 (doesn’t mention relegation)

Far from any apology, acknowledgement of failures ect, he just ignores it! Is he hoping we’ll all just forget the last 3 years of cock ups?
Login to get fewer ads

He’s alive!!! on 12:44 - Jun 12 with 4649 viewsSwanjaxs

Like I've said previously he's going to stick around a while longer, if we start off well he'll be sitting pretty again, start off with a few defeats and he'll be gone, what's he got to lose...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

He’s alive!!! on 12:49 - Jun 12 with 4630 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Justifying his massive wage!
He’s alive!!! on 13:15 - Jun 12 with 4512 viewsMattG

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/29/huw-jenkins-swansea-biggest-reg

"Huw Jenkins has accepted his position as the Swansea City chairman will become untenable if the club are relegated and also revealed he will consider standing down even if they manage to retain their Premier League status."
He’s alive!!! on 13:18 - Jun 12 with 4485 viewsomarjack

He’s alive!!! on 13:15 - Jun 12 by MattG

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/29/huw-jenkins-swansea-biggest-reg

"Huw Jenkins has accepted his position as the Swansea City chairman will become untenable if the club are relegated and also revealed he will consider standing down even if they manage to retain their Premier League status."

tbf he said his position as a chairman will become untenable..didn't say he's going to step down..After all, It's not like he has ethics or anything.

And he said he'd consider stepping down even if we retain the PL status..well..We've been relegated!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 13:19]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

He’s alive!!! on 14:17 - Jun 12 with 4348 viewscostalotta

He’s alive!!! on 13:15 - Jun 12 by MattG

Yet he’s still in the role/position.
He’s alive!!! on 17:39 - Jun 12 with 4056 viewsswan65split

£600.000 a year the Twonk is not going anywhere! till the bottles dry.
He’s alive!!! on 21:57 - Jun 12 with 3788 viewsjacksfullaces

I appreciate it's not healthy but I truly despise this fella.

Really hope the pressure continues to mount from the terraces and at every other opportunity to decry his professional credibility and question his real motives for hanging around the club with the rest of the idiots from jack to a king.

the swans is bigger than any of us, but he seems to have found a position where accountability is not required, and his position unassailable.

reckon he has been taking a few lessons from that north korean chap. the longer he hangs round the club, the longer it will take to move on from the mess he created.

already people are more interested whether the new manager is really given transfer autonomy - my view is not a chance. jenkins really can't let go anymore. he set the bar for what constitutes failure on his part and has been allowed to ignore it.

disgusts me, and there wouldn't be many jobs where that can happen.
He’s alive!!! on 22:45 - Jun 12 with 3708 viewsSwanseajill

I've read, heard, or was told that when HJ was given the DOF role, the American gave him a three year contract.

You need to put up with the rough times when reading your salary statement each month....That'll be the smooth bit Andy.
He’s alive!!! on 22:55 - Jun 12 with 3680 viewspremierjack

He isn’t going anywhere, the Americans want him to stay. The word is that he won’t have a say in what players get signed but he will do the negotiations. They believe that he has a fantastic reputation with other clubs and is good at getting the best deal for players.
He’s alive!!! on 23:26 - Jun 12 with 3636 viewsscruffyjack

He’s alive!!! on 21:57 - Jun 12 by jacksfullaces

Really hope the pressure continues to mount from the terraces and at every other opportunity to decry his professional credibility and question his real motives for hanging around the club with the rest of the idiots from jack to a king.

the swans is bigger than any of us, but he seems to have found a position where accountability is not required, and his position unassailable.

reckon he has been taking a few lessons from that north korean chap. the longer he hangs round the club, the longer it will take to move on from the mess he created.

already people are more interested whether the new manager is really given transfer autonomy - my view is not a chance. jenkins really can't let go anymore. he set the bar for what constitutes failure on his part and has been allowed to ignore it.

Unfortunately, this cretin will still be a director, even if he relinquishes his “role” as dof.
He’s alive!!! on 23:46 - Jun 12 with 3598 viewsmajorraglan

He’s alive!!! on 22:55 - Jun 12 by premierjack

He isn’t going anywhere, the Americans want him to stay. The word is that he won’t have a say in what players get signed but he will do the negotiations. They believe that he has a fantastic reputation with other clubs and is good at getting the best deal for players.

I can believe this.

Like lots of people, I don’t know a great deal about what goes on behind the scenes and who exactly does what in relation to transfers but HJ has been given credit for a lot of the positives over the years. If we exclude the way the sale of the club was conducted and some of the recent transfer business, over the extended period HJ’s record was ok.

It may be that Messrs K and L do actually trust him implicitly especially if they are the ones responsible for some of the big calls which have gone Pete Tong, for example apppinting BB, holding out for more money re Gylfi which caused issues at the end of the window, holding on to PC when it is claimed some wanted to let him go earlier.

People can and will spin things to suit an agenda, maybe all will become apparent one day.
He’s alive!!! on 09:06 - Jun 13 with 3456 viewsSmellyplumz

He’s alive!!! on 21:57 - Jun 12 by jacksfullaces

Hugely selfish, putting his own ego before the well being of the club.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

He’s alive!!! on 09:23 - Jun 13 with 3429 viewsAndyNak

He’s alive!!! on 22:45 - Jun 12 by Swanseajill

I've read, heard, or was told that when HJ was given the DOF role, the American gave him a three year contract.

You need to put up with the rough times when reading your salary statement each month....That'll be the smooth bit Andy.

So that makes it one more year? No doubt in Huws head he’ll have masterminded a return to the EPL then he can have a nice new fat contract

He’s alive!!! on 12:05 - Jun 13 with 3347 viewsWatchman

He’s alive!!! on 22:55 - Jun 12 by premierjack

what's the point in that. Example two players interested one HJ likes the other GP likes!whats to stop HJ making negotiations difficult for his non preferred player!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024