Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool 11:38 - Jun 12 with 2063 viewswestwalesed

Never been! Going this weekend for three nights (arriving Friday, leaving Monday morning) with 10 mates from Uni. A little scared, we are 35 odd now and will be behaving like we are 19!

Any suggestions?

Poll: Serious Poll: Do you know someone who has been sexually abused?

Blackpool on 19:08 - Jun 12 with 725 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 19:03 - Jun 12 by squarebear

Bit off topic, this.

The last time I heard owt from Hugh Cornwall he was writing to the local rag complaining about the traffic in Bridgewater. How rock and roll is that?

Cornwell, and wasn't it Trowbridge?:-)
Huw is still going strong though but not seen him in years. Last time was in Llandeilo believe it or not. Think he did the Punk Festival in Blackpool one year. He still hates JJ Burnell.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Blackpool on 19:12 - Jun 12 with 723 viewsFlashberryjack

Been there twice (admittedly many years ago) what a sh*thole of a place it was then, and from what I hear it's gone downhill since.

Enjoy westwalesd, and don't sh*g anything that hasn't got an STD free certificate.

I wish I had a mate like Neath_Jack.

Blackpool on 19:12 - Jun 12 with 719 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 19:03 - Jun 12 by AguycalledJack

Is the tower lounge still going?

Sadly not. The Tower Lounge is no more. A true Hell hole where your feet stuck to the carpet ;-) It is now incorporated into the Tower Complex. You have to pay full admission to get in and not sure what it is used as now.
The Tower Ballroom however! What a fantastic place! Love going there for chill to get over the hangover. It's expensive no though as I say you have to pay for other things in the admission fee.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Blackpool on 19:56 - Jun 12 with 683 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 19:12 - Jun 12 by Flashberryjack

Been there twice (admittedly many years ago) what a sh*thole of a place it was then, and from what I hear it's gone downhill since.

Enjoy westwalesd, and don't sh*g anything that hasn't got an STD free certificate.

Decades ago Blackpool Prom etc had not been developed. It is very nice now. I actually preferred it then as it was livelier than it Is now. The club's and pubs have become more centralised and the larger hotels down towards Lytham in particular have closed. I sense a revival though.
For those that don't like typical seaside resorts then it is best avoided. Blackpool is like the rest of them but far, far more manic.
If Pembrokeshire and piece and quiet is your bag then you ain't going to like Blackpool.
What a great thread this is .... Blackpool and Stranglers all in one :-)
[Post edited 12 Jun 19:58]

Blackpool on 21:05 - Jun 12 with 648 viewsFlashberryjack

Blackpool on 19:56 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

Decades ago Blackpool Prom etc had not been developed. It is very nice now. I actually preferred it then as it was livelier than it Is now. The club's and pubs have become more centralised and the larger hotels down towards Lytham in particular have closed. I sense a revival though.
For those that don't like typical seaside resorts then it is best avoided. Blackpool is like the rest of them but far, far more manic.
If Pembrokeshire and piece and quiet is your bag then you ain't going to like Blackpool.
What a great thread this is .... Blackpool and Stranglers all in one :-)
[Post edited 12 Jun 19:58]

Each to their own I suppose...but Blackpool won't be seeing me again, not unless the Swans were playing there in a very important game.

I wish I had a mate like Neath_Jack.

Blackpool on 08:36 - Jun 13 with 564 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 21:05 - Jun 12 by Flashberryjack

Each to their own I suppose...but Blackpool won't be seeing me again, not unless the Swans were playing there in a very important game.

Indeed. Would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.
I was down The Cliffs in Gwbert and loved the place. As far removed from Blackpool as you can get.:-)

Blackpool on 08:57 - Jun 13 with 552 viewsItchySphincter

Blackpool on 19:08 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

Cornwell, and wasn't it Trowbridge?:-)
Huw is still going strong though but not seen him in years. Last time was in Llandeilo believe it or not. Think he did the Punk Festival in Blackpool one year. He still hates JJ Burnell.....

I remember him playing the Civic Hall, Llandeilo - must be going on 25 years ago....?

CLEMENT OUT!
Poll: This Sanches fella. Anyone think we'll actually sign him then?

Blackpool on 09:00 - Jun 13 with 551 viewsItchySphincter

I seem to remember the Foxhall and the Bierkeller were wonderful afternoon drinking establishments. Shameless, no words could explain how wonderful it was.

CLEMENT OUT!

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool on 09:20 - Jun 13 with 536 viewsLord_Bony

Blackpool on 09:00 - Jun 13 by ItchySphincter

I seem to remember the Foxhall and the Bierkeller were wonderful afternoon drinking establishments. Shameless, no words could explain how wonderful it was.

That Bierkeller was something else.

Can remember as a youngster sleeping on the stairs in the hotel after a sesh of Munich lager.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Blackpool on 15:30 - Jun 13 with 474 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 08:57 - Jun 13 by ItchySphincter

I remember him playing the Civic Hall, Llandeilo - must be going on 25 years ago....?

25 yrs ago? Surely not. He was promoting the Guilty album. I guess you could be right. Wow.

Edit . 20 yrs ago blimey. Also saw him in the Gwyn Hall not long before it burned down.
[Post edited 13 Jun 15:32]

Blackpool on 15:33 - Jun 13 with 469 viewsItchySphincter

Released in ‘97 apparently.

CLEMENT OUT!

Blackpool on 15:39 - Jun 13 with 467 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 09:20 - Jun 13 by Lord_Bony

That Bierkeller was something else.

Can remember as a youngster sleeping on the stairs in the hotel after a sesh of Munich lager.

Good man :-)
It seems it is still open but not ripping up any tress on Trip Adviser.
Never went myself. Always preferred the Tower Lounge.

Blackpool on 16:34 - Jun 13 with 444 viewspencoedjack

Blackpool on 19:12 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

Sadly not. The Tower Lounge is no more. A true Hell hole where your feet stuck to the carpet ;-) It is now incorporated into the Tower Complex. You have to pay full admission to get in and not sure what it is used as now.
The Tower Ballroom however! What a fantastic place! Love going there for chill to get over the hangover. It's expensive no though as I say you have to pay for other things in the admission fee.

The tower lounge was the easiest place to pull in the UK 30 years ago .... beating the likes of Barons & Bredbury Hall is some feat

Not everyone’s cup of tea I know but as a teenager / early 20s a Saturday afternoon was amazing in there.
Blackpool on 16:56 - Jun 13 with 434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 16:34 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

The tower lounge was the easiest place to pull in the UK 30 years ago .... beating the likes of Barons & Bredbury Hall is some feat

Not everyone’s cup of tea I know but as a teenager / early 20s a Saturday afternoon was amazing in there.

Bredbury Hall? Ah, I have heard tales of that place ;-)

Blackpool on 17:07 - Jun 13 with 422 viewspencoedjack

Blackpool on 16:56 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

If you have never been you should

Blackpool on 22:11 - Jun 13 with 355 viewsFireboy2

Ive been

Blackpool on 23:27 - Jun 13 with 330 viewsBarryTownSwam

Bredbury Hall ?
Are we talking about the place near Stockport ?
[Post edited 13 Jun 23:28]
Blackpool on 23:50 - Jun 13 with 316 viewscontroversial_jack

Blackpool on 16:34 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

I remember during one session in the Tower lounge, saying to one of my mates,"this is the best night out I've had for ages," he replied,"it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon." I went there again about 10 years ago and it had been modernised and ruined
Blackpool on 07:36 - Jun 14 with 265 viewsPrivate_Partz

My pal has been there with some mates and spoke highly of the place. I think comparisons with Blackpool are valid. :-)

Blackpool on 07:41 - Jun 14 with 262 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 23:50 - Jun 13 by controversial_jack

I remember during one session in the Tower lounge, saying to one of my mates,"this is the best night out I've had for ages," he replied,"it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon." I went there again about 10 years ago and it had been modernised and ruined

Modernised? I can't remember them doing mich to the place. I often wonder who the bright spark was that closed it down only to make it part of the Tower complex.
The Ma Kelly's bars, Coral Island and the Merrie England have taken over now as largeish boozey venues.

Blackpool on 10:17 - Jun 14 with 231 viewscontroversial_jack

Blackpool on 07:41 - Jun 14 by Private_Partz

Modernised? I can't remember them doing mich to the place. I often wonder who the bright spark was that closed it down only to make it part of the Tower complex.
The Ma Kelly's bars, Coral Island and the Merrie England have taken over now as largeish boozey venues.

The first time i went it was a proper dance, with tables chairs and ladies up dancing of the big dance floor.The last time i went, it was all wooden flooring, standing only and no ladies up dancing.
Blackpool on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 223 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 10:17 - Jun 14 by controversial_jack

The first time i went it was a proper dance, with tables chairs and ladies up dancing of the big dance floor.The last time i went, it was all wooden flooring, standing only and no ladies up dancing.

'Ladies up dancing' . Love it :-).
Point take though. Many years ago they were Line dancing early on before the duo came on for live music.
Hell hole toliets, plastic glasses and feet sticking to the carpet. Lovely.
I remember being downstairs once and this stuffed pink elephant flew over the balcony. Followed by a bloke trying to retrieve it. His reward was a blue light trip to hospital ;-)
[Post edited 14 Jun 19:18]

Blackpool on 11:48 - Jun 14 with 203 viewsmoonie

I had just got hold of a new bike and thought it a good idea to pop up to Blackpool. My daughter ,then a teenager, popped on the pillion as she d not been since lights .
Took less that hour 55 miles too.

Stopped for less than ten mins and after a cup of warm pisse from a street stall she came up with ...let's return home daddy ASAP. It's so gross...it is but it can be fun for all ages but you have to have the right mind set
Blackpool on 19:28 - Jun 14 with 129 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 11:48 - Jun 14 by moonie

I had just got hold of a new bike and thought it a good idea to pop up to Blackpool. My daughter ,then a teenager, popped on the pillion as she d not been since lights .
Took less that hour 55 miles too.

Stopped for less than ten mins and after a cup of warm pisse from a street stall she came up with ...let's return home daddy ASAP. It's so gross...it is but it can be fun for all ages but you have to have the right mind set

Yep. It is definitely Marmite.
For me it has always been a fun place where you can go for a few days and forget about the troubles of life.
All you have to worry about is where the next pint is and where you are going to eat.
Over the years I have got more interested in the history of the place. Quite fascinating .
I love the Tower and the Ballroom in particular. It is like a Cathederal.
It has its beauty as well. The clouds of starlings flying round the North Pier and the Golden Path stretching out to the horizon as the sun sets.
Anyways, enough of the waxing lyrical. It's a bloody national treasure lol.
Here endeth the Blackpool Tourist Board Broadcast.
If anyone wants any advice on going there, give me shout :-)

Edit: If any if the fixtures mentioned previously fall during the illuminations. I might put out a few feelers to see if anyone is interested in a trip. I will be going regardless.
[Post edited 14 Jun 19:31]

Blackpool on 19:44 - Jun 14 with 117 viewspencoedjack

Blackpool on 23:27 - Jun 13 by BarryTownSwam

Bredbury Hall ?
Are we talking about the place near Stockport ?
[Post edited 13 Jun 23:28]

Yep that one 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018